Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,270

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
Swed

Tallinn, Estonia

#17894 May 5, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again skippy
Thank you.

No one can change what Bible say. Homosexual is very bad choice and wrong by Bible.

Repent is only answer.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17895 May 6, 2013
Swed wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
No one can change what Bible say. Homosexual is very bad choice and wrong by Bible.
Repent is only answer.
California is where this guy is from--land of the fruits and nuts
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17896 May 6, 2013
Swed wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
Repent is only answer.
Along with all the other sins done daily. You achieve sinlessness?
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17897 May 6, 2013
Argo wrote:
<quoted text>
Argo f...k yourself.
Shadow is in desparate need of one. Doubt anyone would do it so needs to get an artificial aid.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17898 May 6, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The very ingredients of religious fanatics. But not you. Born of sludge of sewage.
Says It All

Santa Cruz, CA

#17899 May 7, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You are from Texas, Bush Jr.'s state.

Says it all right there.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17900 May 7, 2013
Says It All wrote:
<quoted text>
You are from Texas, Bush Jr.'s state.
Says it all right there.
Argo give us a break. You being from California with people like boxer and piglosi and feinstein ...have no room to talk.
What a bunch of loons
Says It All

Santa Cruz, CA

#17901 May 7, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Argo give us a break. You being from California with people like boxer and piglosi and feinstein ...have no room to talk.
What a bunch of loons
I can see your hat but where is your cattle?
Vick Torre

Paterson, NJ

#17902 May 7, 2013
Worst damage done to society was organized religion. Anything that becomes too large gets dangerous. Just like the one phone company. Got btoken up. Smaller companies now exist. Same as for citizens wanting smaller government. So should be religion.
Tikka

Finland

#17903 May 10, 2013
Why all this talk when the Bible says many times all homosexual acts are very very bad?

You follow God or you follow devil.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17904 May 11, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
Worst damage done to society was organized religion. Anything that becomes too large gets dangerous. Just like the one phone company. Got btoken up. Smaller companies now exist. Same as for citizens wanting smaller government. So should be religion.
Please be specific about how Christianity has harmed our society.

Oh, and how your suggestion is legal with the First Amendment.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17905 May 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be specific about how Christianity has harmed our society.
Oh, and how your suggestion is legal with the First Amendment.
Smile.
Just go over history. Religious wars. Goes on today. Why terrorist attacked us. As for first amendment, I just stated I like to see organized religion into small sects, not large. Called wishful thinking.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17906 May 11, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Just go over history. Religious wars. Goes on today. Why terrorist attacked us. As for first amendment, I just stated I like to see organized religion into small sects, not large. Called wishful thinking.
You are equating all religions to the violence endemic in Islam.

In every community across the nation there are multiple Christian Churches teaching and voluntarily doing good across the community.

Size increases the effectiveness.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17907 May 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are equating all religions to the violence endemic in Islam.
In every community across the nation there are multiple Christian Churches teaching and voluntarily doing good across the community.
Smile.
No. Look into christianity. Westboro baptist. Subtle ways to install hatred. How your christian families disowned a gay/lesbian child. In the 1930s-1940s hid dysfunctional children, denying them parents, sent them to sanitoriums or just abandoned them. Forgetting their christian values. The war between Isreal and Pakistan on religion. Some do good some don't.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#17908 May 11, 2013
Says It All wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your hat but where is your cattle?
That's funny Says.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#17909 May 14, 2013
Tikka wrote:
Why all this talk when the Bible says many times all homosexual acts are very very bad?
You follow God or you follow devil.
But you do not follow God. If you did you would have sold your computer:

First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17910 May 14, 2013
What about the O.T. laws that are conveniently ignored, but of equal weight? Biblicists act as if many did not exist. The following examples are typical:

•(a) Money cannot be lent at interest to your brother, only to foreigners (Deut. 23:19-20);
•(b) Eating pork is forbidden (Deut. 14:8);
•(c) A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother's wife (Deut. 25:5-6);
•(d) A seducer must marry an unengaged virgin whom he seduces (Ex. 22:16-17);
•(e) A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce (Deut. 22:28-29);
•(f) Trials for adultery are to be by ordeal (Num. 5:28-29);
•(g) Eating rare meat with blood is forbidden (Lev. 19:26);
•(h) Beards can't be rounded (Lev. 19:27);
•(i) A newly married man can't go to war or be charged with business for one year (Deut. 24:5);
•(j) A guilty man can be beaten with as many as forty blows (Deut. 25:1-3);
•(k) A garment composed of wool and linen can't be worn (Deut. 22:11);
•(l) Punishment shall be administered on the basis of an eye for an eye (Deut. 19:21, Ex. 21:24);
•(m) One's nation can lend to other nations but not borrow from them (Deut. 15:6);
•(n) Bastards can't enter the Lord's congregation (Deut. 23:2);
•(o) First-born children should sometimes be sacrificed to the Lord (Ex. 22:29); and
•(p) Debtor brothers shall be released from their obligation every seven years (Deut. 15:1-3).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17911 May 14, 2013
Argo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible say you not Christian.
Right on, "swed" is no Christian, indeed, I have never met a Christian ever in my whole life. Why? Because there is no such thing. Why? because to be a Christian one has to follow all of the followiing.

a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17912 May 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, "swed" is no Christian, indeed, I have never met a Christian ever in my whole life. Why? Because there is no such thing. Why? because to be a Christian one has to follow all of the followiing.
a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
Rev. Alan,

Perhaps I am being presumptuous in calling myself a "Christian."

Maybe I should just be satisfied with regarding myself as a disciple of Christ. Certainly not a perfect disciple, by any stretch of the imagination; but, a disciple, just the same.

One thing I am not is a biblical fundamentalist/literalist.

One thing that I am is an ordained priest. For some, including myself, this designation has some meaning and value. For others, it has meaning, but has no value. For even others, it has neither meaning nor value. And for even some others, it is an impediment to their willingness to allow any conversation at all.

Rev. Ken

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17913 May 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

A fact which your wife will never experience.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 11 min jcofe 10
Gay marriage news: NC magistrate won't marry co... 21 min Christsharian Law 162
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 23 min Belle Sexton 31
Pat Robertson Tells Bigoted Idaho Wedding Chape... 1 hr Smack Down 1
Clarksburg Couple on "My Big Redneck Wedding" (Feb '09) 1 hr casual observer 52
Shrien Dewani and Anni Dewani at their wedding 2 hr Smack Down 1
Judge Strikes Down NC Gay Marriage Ban 2 hr WasteWater 61

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE