Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,331

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17748 Apr 18, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Lost? Even with a GPS you could'nt find your way back to reality. I know w.t.f. yhis forum id about. Read the other posts before jumping to conclusions! I was replying an answer to another idiot with that post
Tell them what this forum is about. The heteros got off the subject, not I. Most forums stray from the title subject! Look at a few of the forums. They all morph from subjects.
Vick,

Friend Ben goes by any number of names. But, he nearly always uses an ISP based out of Manito or Pekin, IL.

His message is vitriolic and consistently anti-homosexual, frequently citing scripture from Old Testament Leviticus and a few select lines from the Letters of Paul in the New Testament.

Most times, he cannot be reasoned with.

Rev. Ken

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17749 Apr 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one get everything so backwards like you have?
You must have set up your teepee on the Oscar Mayer shipping dock where there is a never ending supply of fresh baloney!
The issue certainly does include individual rights.
Marriage is a civil construct that covers much more than just the moral legitimization of a sexual relationship, whether or not such a relationship is productive of ther own genetic progeny.
So, you can howl all you want about not liking it. But, the injustices created and propagated by institutionalized bigotry and hypocrisy are being remedied and addressed. Same sex marriage will become righteous addition to the Law of the Land. Not all at once. But, it will happen and the entire society will be better off for it.
And while we are at it, let's remember that this is intended to help a fairly minor part of society - about 5% who do not have the right to a civil union at present. Nevertheless, they are fully capable and deserving citizens as well as Children of God. So, it is going to happen.
Be a part of it.
Rev. Ken
What you fail to address is that ss couples are not equal to marriage at any level.

Ss couples have every opportunity to establish their distinct identity and pursue legitimate rights for that relationship.

Furthermore, you falsely give the law credit for establishing marriage. At the least, marriage is a social construct that preceded law in every culture, and in many still exists apart from civil participation. But you as a rev should know that marriage is the creation of God from the beginning.

Calling ss couples married will always be an oxymoron, not matter who asserts otherwise. That is simply reality. A man and woman united as one for life will always stand unique among all human relationships. There will never be an equal to the family created by that union. Reality dictates that marriage and family are unique and deserve that special designation.

The atrocity here is that you, a supposed man of God, would equate the creation of God, a man and woman, united as one, the bastion of family, birthing and nurturing the fruit of their union with the perverse image of a duplicated barren half.

Not just idiotic, but diabolical rev.

Location hidden

#17750 Apr 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should read it;
Matthew 19:12 (NASB)
...there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven...."
Did they make themselves eunuchs by castration, or by abstention?
<quoted text>
You are suggesting that Jesus was espousing self castration for the sake of the Kingdom?
You are so full of it. I keep exposing your lies rev...
Give it up.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know much about the history of religious zeal, do you?
But, as to the meaning of the line in the text regarding eunuchs, let it be as it was written and stop trying to make something out of it that justifies your inglorious imaginations and prurient personal opinions.
Or ask yourself a simple question: If a person decides to not have sex, that is, to become celibate for a time, is that person then a eunuch?
Rev. Ken
You slim around again rev...

We were not talking about religious zeal, we were talking about the specific words of Christ.

He clearly spoke of abstention by choice.

A eunuch is someone who who sets aside sex for life, not 'for a time'.

What you still avoid is a clear explanation of what you assert Christ was saying, because you can't do so and make any sense.

Keep digging a hole like that, and you will reach hell.
Vick Torre

Elizabeth, NJ

#17751 Apr 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
Friend Ben goes by any number of names. But, he nearly always uses an ISP based out of Manito or Pekin, IL.
His message is vitriolic and consistently anti-homosexual, frequently citing scripture from Old Testament Leviticus and a few select lines from the Letters of Paul in the New Testament.
Most times, he cannot be reasoned with.
Rev. Ken
Thanks. One this phone (with internet connection) does'nt show locations or post numbers. Another sign of an unstable mind is using multiple names. A former neighbor did that as part of her craziness is using several names. She's in a special home now.

Location hidden

#17752 Apr 19, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks. One this phone (with internet connection) does'nt show locations or post numbers. Another sign of an unstable mind is using multiple names. A former neighbor did that as part of her craziness is using several names. She's in a special home now.
Vick,

Go online through a PC or Laptop and create an identity for yourself by joining Topix. You are not required to give out any personal information, other than an email address with a password.

There are some benefits that you cannot access at present, including the ability to send and receive private messages via Topix, if you decide to allow, from other Topix members.

Your choice, of course.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17753 Apr 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven...."
<quoted text>
You are suggesting that Jesus was espousing self castration for the sake of the Kingdom?
Give it up.
<quoted text>
We were not talking about religious zeal, we were talking about the specific words of Christ.
What you still avoid is a clear explanation of what you assert Christ was saying, because you can't do so and make any sense.
You don't seem to understand, Kimare.

No. The text in this passage mentions absolutely nothing about abstaining. That is YOUR interpretation.

Yes, we are talking about religious zeal. Self-mutilation and castration have long been cultural practices, especially among some of the most fervently religious. That is why I mentioned the North African tribal custom of clitorectomy. The sexual drive is a very powerful and personal behavior-modifying influence. It is literally hormonal and chemical in nature, causing actual, physical changes as well as emotional states, with spiritual ramifications. To stem these influences, some have willingly undergone castration; even doing this to themselves.

If you do not know and understand this, you need to take some time out to educate yourself. Jesus does not specifically advocate self-mutilation, calling the human body the Temple of God. But, in recognition that there are individuals who have done this to themselves for the purpose of eliminating self-perceived sexual temptations, Jesus acknowledges "eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs ..."

This is not the same thing as celibacy - which is to abstain - whether the choice to be celibate is for a time or as a vow for life. If you don't believe this, go ask any Roman Catholic priest. You'll get an earfull, if he is honest with you. I posed the question to you so that you would be able to look at the issue and find out for yourself. This you must do and certainly not because I said so.

Yes, He spoke of becoming a eunuch by choice. But, clearly, you don't understand what that means. And, NO, He does NOT require this of anyone or say that it is necessary for anyone in the text.

That is why I say READ IT! Instead of trying to put your own spin on it.

You are exposing nothing but your own misunderstandings and misguided religion-based opinions. The remedy is knowledge.

Jesus said, "Seek the truth ..." Do it. And don't be afraid of Hell. Jesus wasn't.

Rev. Ken
Man

Calgary, Canada

#17754 Apr 19, 2013
God is not real
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17755 Apr 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
Go online through a PC or Laptop and create an identity for yourself by joining Topix. You are not required to give out any personal information, other than an email address with a password.
There are some benefits that you cannot access at present, including the ability to send and receive private messages via Topix, if you decide to allow, from other Topix members.
Your choice, of course.
Rev. Ken
I did join Topix. 3 months ago. Vick is not my real name. I ust to have a PC now have this phone that of course is moblie. Can't have both so I choose the one I can do everything on. Seems the phone does'nt show what the PC use to. Even with this phone I have to give email and password.
Join Free

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#17756 Apr 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Give it up.
<quoted text>
No, it's not "clear," it is an obscure verse and your own twisted interpretation on it.

You're also NOT promoting people choosing abstinance, you're talking about it being FORCED on millions of people, simply because they happen to be gay. This is cruel, stupid, and not remotely Christian.

There is absolutely no reason for it. Being gay is not a sin, and a gay couple expressing their love for one another sexually isn't a sin.

And there is no "hell." It is a manmade myth, that insults God and ignores the most basic message of Jesus Christ, that of God's grace and forgiveness.

Oklahoma City, OK

#17757 Apr 19, 2013
KiMare--"What you fail to address is that ss couples are not equal to marriage at any level."

A bigoted lie. They are equal at every level.

"Ss couples have every opportunity to establish their distinct identity and pursue legitimate rights for that relationship."

Perfectly good seats in the back of the bus, and perfectly good black schools. Seperate but equal.

Hogwash.

Their legitimate rights include EQUALITY, and nothing short of marriage is equality.

"Furthermore, you falsely give the law credit for establishing marriage. At the least, marriage is a social construct that preceded law in every culture, and in many still exists apart from civil participation. But you as a rev should know that marriage is the creation of God from the beginning."

A claim based in the preposterous falsehood that is the Genesis story, which even most Christians realize is NOT how mankind began. NO, marriage is NOT something that "God created from the beginning." Marriage did not exist until long long AFTER the first people walked the earth.

"Calling ss couples married will always be an oxymoron, not matter who asserts otherwise."

A vile, Ku Klux Klan LIE. It is NOT an "oxymoron." Marriage is NOT a statement that people are heterosexual. It is a statement that they are a couple committed to one another. Your claims are bigoted trash. NOT statements of fact. THOUSANDS of gay couples are every bit as married as your grandparents or any other married couple.

"That is simply reality."

Bald-faced lie. It is NOT reality. It is your hateful OPINION.

"A man and woman united as one for life will always stand unique among all human relationships."

Lie. Two men or two women united as one for life are no different.

"There will never be an equal to the family created by that union."

There already is.

"Reality dictates that marriage and family are unique and deserve that special designation."

Gay couples ARE married, and ARE a family, and there is ZERO reason heterosexual couples "deserve" to discriminate against other couples. None.

"The atrocity here is that you, a supposed man of God, would equate the creation of God, a man and woman, united as one, the bastion of family, birthing and nurturing the fruit of their union with the perverse image of a duplicated barren half."

The atrocity here is the you, as an alleged person of God, promote such hate and lies and claim God's blessing for them.

There is nothing REMOTELY "perverse" about a gay couple whose love and committment brings them to the alter. It is a beautiful, blessed thing and to call it "perverse" is simply nothing but hate. It's bigotry, hate, and there's nothing about it you can justify as a Christian. It's a vile sin for you to call it "perverse."

And your continuing to call their love "barren" is equally despicable. It's just hateful trash. An outright and intentional lie.

"Not just idiotic, but diabolical rev."

That describes only your own hate-clogged rants.

Oklahoma City, OK

#17758 Apr 19, 2013
Ben--"This thread is about the Bible, which repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments."

Liar. The Bible does not EVER condemn homosexuality. EVER. The obscure verses you twist to claim otherwise are nowhere CLOSE to "plainest of terms." You're lying.

"This really isn't about homofascist"

A made up KKK term. There's nothing "fascist" about equality.

"efforts to undemocratically force their concocted nonsense into law."

Just like those blackfascist and womenfascist people did.

"Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud."

It's not homosexual marriage. It's just a marriage. And there are thousands of them, NONE is a fraud.

"It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it,"

LOL!!! You're STILL parroting this idiotic lie? My God, you are incapable of a single remotely independent thought. You just repeat the same hate group lies thousands of thousands of times.

NO, liar, marriage is NOT being "rejected."

"and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements."

These "studies" are fraudulent crapola promoted by hate groups.

"No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage."

Lie. They ARE real marriages, and share the EXACT reason for any other marriage.

"No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother."

Which has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the reason for marriage. I've worked for years at churches, helped hundreds of couples get married, and at NO point in a SINGLE ONE did we EVER demand of these couples that they tell us if they'll have children. That is simply NOT the reason for couples to get married, or "governmental involvement" in such.

"Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole."

Yawn. So?

"There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,'"

Which is a wonderful thing. They aren't "marriages," they are marriages and each is unique and special. On the other hand, I've seen far too many marriages among straight couples that are meaningless, rote recitation of "vows" that come from a book somewhere that the couple didn't even choose or read ahead of time.

This is a good thing.

"and no economically unequal genders are involved."

So what??

"Why not forget about disenfranchising others"

The number of people who are disenfranchised by marriage equality is zero.
The number disenfranchised by your Jim Crow laws is millions.

"in order for force"

Lie. Not a single person is forced to marry a person of the same sex. You're not even forced to attend the ceremony or send a toaster oven.

"your concocted, failed philosophy into law?"

Because love isn't concocted, or failed. Never has.

"Why not try a little live and let live?"

The single most hypocritical statement possible.

Location hidden

#17759 Apr 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand, Kimare.
No. The text in this passage mentions absolutely nothing about abstaining. That is YOUR interpretation.
Yes, we are talking about religious zeal. Self-mutilation and castration have long been cultural practices, especially among some of the most fervently religious. That is why I mentioned the North African tribal custom of clitorectomy. The sexual drive is a very powerful and personal behavior-modifying influence. It is literally hormonal and chemical in nature, causing actual, physical changes as well as emotional states, with spiritual ramifications. To stem these influences, some have willingly undergone castration; even doing this to themselves.
If you do not know and understand this, you need to take some time out to educate yourself. Jesus does not specifically advocate self-mutilation, calling the human body the Temple of God. But, in recognition that there are individuals who have done this to themselves for the purpose of eliminating self-perceived sexual temptations, Jesus acknowledges "eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs ..."
This is not the same thing as celibacy - which is to abstain - whether the choice to be celibate is for a time or as a vow for life. If you don't believe this, go ask any Roman Catholic priest. You'll get an earfull, if he is honest with you. I posed the question to you so that you would be able to look at the issue and find out for yourself. This you must do and certainly not because I said so.
Yes, He spoke of becoming a eunuch by choice. But, clearly, you don't understand what that means. And, NO, He does NOT require this of anyone or say that it is necessary for anyone in the text.
That is why I say READ IT! Instead of trying to put your own spin on it.
You are exposing nothing but your own misunderstandings and misguided religion-based opinions. The remedy is knowledge.
Jesus said, "Seek the truth ..." Do it. And don't be afraid of Hell. Jesus wasn't.
Rev. Ken
rev, you are full of shit.

Castrated Israelites were not allowed to serve as priests or enter the congregation of Israel. It is impossible that Jesus would speak favorably of that condition for the sake of the Kingdom.

The disciples are shocked at the depth of union God established in marriage, and voiced it would be better to never marry. Jesus simply said, here are your choices. ALL of them were a form of celibacy.

Moreover, Catholics use this passage as justification for celibacy in the priesthood.

But please, YOU explain in sequence the meaning of this passage. I'd love to hear it.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17760 Apr 19, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
KiMare--"What you fail to address is that ss couples are not equal to marriage at any level."
A bigoted lie. They are equal at every level.
"Ss couples have every opportunity to establish their distinct identity and pursue legitimate rights for that relationship."
Perfectly good seats in the back of the bus, and perfectly good black schools. Seperate but equal.
Hogwash.
Their legitimate rights include EQUALITY, and nothing short of marriage is equality.
"Furthermore, you falsely give the law credit for establishing marriage. At the least, marriage is a social construct that preceded law in every culture, and in many still exists apart from civil participation. But you as a rev should know that marriage is the creation of God from the beginning."
A claim based in the preposterous falsehood that is the Genesis story, which even most Christians realize is NOT how mankind began. NO, marriage is NOT something that "God created from the beginning." Marriage did not exist until long long AFTER the first people walked the earth.
"Calling ss couples married will always be an oxymoron, not matter who asserts otherwise."
A vile, Ku Klux Klan LIE. It is NOT an "oxymoron." Marriage is NOT a statement that people are heterosexual. It is a statement that they are a couple committed to one another. Your claims are bigoted trash. NOT statements of fact. THOUSANDS of gay couples are every bit as married as your grandparents or any other married couple.
"That is simply reality."
Bald-faced lie. It is NOT reality. It is your hateful OPINION.
"A man and woman united as one for life will always stand unique among all human relationships."
Lie. Two men or two women united as one for life are no different.
"There will never be an equal to the family created by that union."
There already is.
"Reality dictates that marriage and family are unique and deserve that special designation."
Gay couples ARE married, and ARE a family, and there is ZERO reason heterosexual couples "deserve" to discriminate against other couples. None.
"The atrocity here is that you, a supposed man of God, would equate the creation of God, a man and woman, united as one, the bastion of family, birthing and nurturing the fruit of their union with the perverse image of a duplicated barren half."
The atrocity here is the you, as an alleged person of God, promote such hate and lies and claim God's blessing for them.
There is nothing REMOTELY "perverse" about a gay couple whose love and committment brings them to the alter. It is a beautiful, blessed thing and to call it "perverse" is simply nothing but hate. It's bigotry, hate, and there's nothing about it you can justify as a Christian. It's a vile sin for you to call it "perverse."
And your continuing to call their love "barren" is equally despicable. It's just hateful trash. An outright and intentional lie.
"Not just idiotic, but diabolical rev."
That describes only your own hate-clogged rants.
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

And full of shit.

Smirk.
Wil

Pekin, IL

#17761 Apr 19, 2013
DopieDarren wrote:
Ben--"This thread is about the Bible, which repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments."
Liar. The Bible does not EVER condemn homosexuality. EVER. The obscure verses you twist to claim otherwise are nowhere CLOSE to "plainest of terms." You're lying.\
Dopie, forget all the other ridiculous nonsense you posted. Just start with the first one, sick puppie.

YOU are the liar. You cannot post a reference to even one Bible translation, ancient text, or Judeo-Christian tradition to support your soul killing LIE that the Bible does not repeatedly condemn your perverted, God-forbidden lifestyle choice:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Dopie, why do you LIE about God's Word? It forever condemns your perverted lifesytle choice.

Do you want others to spend eternity in hell with you, Dopie?
OutAndProud

Avondale, AZ

#17762 Apr 19, 2013
What wrote:
Well just like those who reject the Lord's Word and speak of the Gospels only. Perhaps they never read the Gospel of John :
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Jesus Christ is the Author of all Scripture OT and NT so Jesus spoke plenty against the abomination of homosexuality and lesbianism!
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
And don't forget:
Matt 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Matt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Notice a man and a woman not mana and man or woman and woman!
one thing to point out is you didn't quote any verse that has anything to do with the supposed verses damning homosexuals.

number 2
if you are quoting verses so will i.
john 3-16 "for god so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life"
that isn't just for the supposedly godly since "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god" that's Romans.
Romans 1 talks mostly about idol worship though it is used against homosexuality but it isn't.

the one of Sodom ,if looked at with the consideration of the context and time period and with open minds, cold more likely be a story against violence not homosexuality and so can most of the other verses said to condemn homosexuality.

the bible is suppose to be a love story not something to damn people. i am a christian but i looked it up and read things before making judgement's and really the whole pick and choosing is ridiculous.

ps: a good book for any trying to figure things out is the god box by alex sanchez (it is magnificent)
OutAndProud

Avondale, AZ

#17763 Apr 19, 2013
Wil wrote:
<quoted text>Dopie, forget all the other ridiculous nonsense you posted. Just start with the first one, sick puppie.
YOU are the liar. You cannot post a reference to even one Bible translation, ancient text, or Judeo-Christian tradition to support your soul killing LIE that the Bible does not repeatedly condemn your perverted, God-forbidden lifestyle choice:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Dopie, why do you LIE about God's Word? It forever condemns your perverted lifesytle choice.
Do you want others to spend eternity in hell with you, Dopie?
alrighty here we go my poppets
Leviticus 18:22 said to be about homosexuality but is not. in the old testament abomination means unclean or impure. leviticus is an ancient code of cleanliness and ritual purity and people of that time saw two men together as unclean like sea food or talking to Samaritans.
pulling another verse Leviticus 20:13, well if that is so then how are they to die for the ten commandments say thou shalt not kill and then we would have to kill the people having sex before marriage and who got divorces.
Romans 1:26-27 the whole passage is about idol worship. not about couples that are in a loving relationship so those wanting to marry and that love each other are not "condemned" by this passage.
I Corinthians 6:9 this one more than likely is talking about those who prey on little children not those (normally adults) in a loving and committed relationship.
I Timothy 1:8-11 for one in the original text there was no such word as homosexual and again those in a committed relationship that love each other really are not lawless or rebellious.
Jude 1:6-7 ahh the Sodom reference... okay so here we go! the sodomites were prideful,unjust,unwelcoming,an d inhospitable to strangers, to the point of violence. the story about Sodom and Gomorrah was talking about violence. in judges 19 there was the story of gibeah where levite and his concubine lived and were giving hospitality to an old man. when the men of the town came to 'know' the old man levite sent out his concubine who was raped savagely to death,like the story with Sodom.

Location hidden

#17764 Apr 20, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
Liar. The Bible does not EVER condemn homosexuality. EVER. The obscure verses you twist to claim otherwise are nowhere CLOSE to "plainest of terms." You're lying.
"This really isn't about homofascist"
A made up KKK term. There's nothing "fascist" about equality.
"efforts to undemocratically force their concocted nonsense into law."
Just like those blackfascist and womenfascist people did.
"Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud."
It's not homosexual marriage. It's just a marriage. And there are thousands of them, NONE is a fraud.
"It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it,"
LOL!!! You're STILL parroting this idiotic lie? My God, you are incapable of a single remotely independent thought. You just repeat the same hate group lies thousands of thousands of times.
NO, liar, marriage is NOT being "rejected."
"and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements."
These "studies" are fraudulent crapola promoted by hate groups.
"No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage."
Lie. They ARE real marriages, and share the EXACT reason for any other marriage.
"No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother."
Which has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the reason for marriage. I've worked for years at churches, helped hundreds of couples get married, and at NO point in a SINGLE ONE did we EVER demand of these couples that they tell us if they'll have children. That is simply NOT the reason for couples to get married, or "governmental involvement" in such.
"Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole."
Yawn. So?
"There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,'"
Which is a wonderful thing. They aren't "marriages," they are marriages and each is unique and special. On the other hand, I've seen far too many marriages among straight couples that are meaningless, rote recitation of "vows" that come from a book somewhere that the couple didn't even choose or read ahead of time.
This is a good thing.
"and no economically unequal genders are involved."
So what??
"Why not forget about disenfranchising others"
The number of people who are disenfranchised by marriage equality is zero.
The number disenfranchised by your Jim Crow laws is millions.
"in order for force"
Lie. Not a single person is forced to marry a person of the same sex. You're not even forced to attend the ceremony or send a toaster oven.
"your concocted, failed philosophy into law?"
Because love isn't concocted, or failed. Never has.
"Why not try a little live and let live?"
The single most hypocritical statement possible.
Oke,

You wrote, "The single most hypocritical statement possible."

You are exactly right.

Rev. Ken

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17765 Apr 20, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oke,
You wrote, "The single most hypocritical statement possible."
You are exactly right.
Rev. Ken
Amen!

Location hidden

#17766 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
rev, you are full of shit.
Castrated Israelites were not allowed to serve as priests or enter the congregation of Israel. It is impossible that Jesus would speak favorably of that condition for the sake of the Kingdom.
The disciples are shocked at the depth of union God established in marriage, and voiced it would be better to never marry. Jesus simply said, here are your choices. ALL of them were a form of celibacy.
Moreover, Catholics use this passage as justification for celibacy in the priesthood.
But please, YOU explain in sequence the meaning of this passage. I'd love to hear it.
Smile.
LOL!!!....

The Roman Catholics have lots of ways to make excuses for some of the things they do.

Acts 8:36 As they were going along the road, they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?" He commanded the chariot to stop, and both of them, Philip and the eunuch, went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.

As to the bit about marrying and divorcing, Jesus said nothing about what their choices were to be limited to.

The American College Dictionary:

eunuch n. a castrated man, esp. one formerly employed as a harem attendant or officer of state by Oriental rulers.
[Gk.: m. eunouchos - chamber attendant]

celibate n. 1. one who remains unmarried, esp. for religious reasons.[L: der. caelebs - unmarried]

Now, go educate yourself.

Don't expect me to do that for you.

And No, you have already shown, repeatedly, that you do not want to hear or listen.

Now, you might want to go brush your teeth. Because, your smile is full of the substance with which you accuse me of being full.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17767 Apr 20, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
The Roman Catholics have lots of ways to make excuses for some of the things they do.
Acts 8:36 As they were going along the road, they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?" He commanded the chariot to stop, and both of them, Philip and the eunuch, went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.
As to the bit about marrying and divorcing, Jesus said nothing about what their choices were to be limited to.
The American College Dictionary:
eunuch n. a castrated man, esp. one formerly employed as a harem attendant or officer of state by Oriental rulers.
[Gk.: m. eunouchos - chamber attendant]
celibate n. 1. one who remains unmarried, esp. for religious reasons.[L: der. caelebs - unmarried]
Now, go educate yourself.
Don't expect me to do that for you.
And No, you have already shown, repeatedly, that you do not want to hear or listen.
Now, you might want to go brush your teeth. Because, your smile is full of the substance with which you accuse me of being full.
Rev. Ken
Keep twirling rev.

The disciples understood perfectly the morality Jesus was talking about in the context of Judaism, not some African practice. And certainly not some gay twirl theology of a dying godless religion.

Hence your inability to address the passage directly.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 8 min Wondering 221
Berlusconi: Let's legalize gay civil unions 13 min Shirvell s Shrivel 7
With gay marriage comes question: I do or I don't 20 min Frontline Fighter 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min Jonah1 50,630
ACLU: N. Idaho chapel now a religious corporation 53 min TomInElPaso 8
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 36
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 1 hr Octopus 27

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE