Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36060 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Noah

Pekin, IL

#17653 Apr 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Mr. Manito Manurehead David-Noah,
You missed the point of the Gospel of Christ Jesus.
It is not one of indelible, irreversible condemnation. It is one of unlimited, infinitely forgiving Grace.
As a non-Christian, you just don't get it. Jesus commanded you to give up your sins- to repent and follow him.

Try reading James 2. Grace is not unconditional. It must be actively accepted. You will go to hell if you don't repent of your homosexual lifestyle choice, as already demonstrated from God'
s Word.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17654 Apr 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Mr. Manito Manurehead David-Noah,
You missed the point of the Gospel of Christ Jesus.
It is not one of indelible, irreversible condemnation. It is one of unlimited, infinitely forgiving Grace.
Matthew 22:1-14 (NASB)
1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying,
2 "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son.
3 "And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come.
4 "Again he sent out other slaves saying,'Tell those who have been invited, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast."'
5 "But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm, another to his business,
6 and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.
7 "But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.
8 "Then he *said to his slaves,'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 ~'Go therefore to the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.'
10 "Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.
11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,
12 and he *said to him,'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.
13 "Then the king said to the servants,'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17655 Apr 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly.
Parable of the Wedding Feast.
All are invited but it is not unconditional. It takes a repentant soul to open the gates, that's all I'm saying.
In other words if you continue to sin how will you expect not to be thrown out.
Your name calling doesn't fit your facade(An outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality) rev
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17656 Apr 14, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>As a non-Christian, you just don't get it. Jesus commanded you to give up your sins- to repent and follow him.
Try reading James 2. Grace is not unconditional. It must be actively accepted. You will go to hell if you don't repent of your homosexual lifestyle choice, as already demonstrated from God'
s Word.
It is not a "lifestyle choice". Struggled with trying to be hetero. Only knew one like me and that was a friend. I had no feelings for him beyond friendship. It was the first time I met one like myself. So I needed to find out who I am. He and I had a few private encounters. I did'nt want to do those acts with him. Other guys I had deep feelings for. However, I had no more S.S. encounters for 24yrs. Tried to live hetero. To the point I thought I chose my path. While dating females, found myself still wanting guys. Angry that I still did. Being older now, life passing by,time to admit to myself, be true to myself. Knowing I did'nt choose it and efforts to reject gay was futile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17657 Apr 14, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>As a non-Christian, you just don't get it.
As a non- gay, bigoted asstroll, you just don't get it. My 30 years of honorable service to the church begs to differ with your pompous opinion.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17658 Apr 15, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> It is not a "lifestyle choice". Struggled with trying to be hetero. Only knew one like me and that was a friend. I had no feelings for him beyond friendship. It was the first time I met one like myself. So I needed to find out who I am. He and I had a few private encounters. I did'nt want to do those acts with him. Other guys I had deep feelings for. However, I had no more S.S. encounters for 24yrs. Tried to live hetero. To the point I thought I chose my path. While dating females, found myself still wanting guys. Angry that I still did. Being older now, life passing by,time to admit to myself, be true to myself. Knowing I did'nt choose it and efforts to reject gay was futile.
I understand, Vick, as best that I can. I don't pretend to be you. But, I know you are a human being just like I am, with many talents and a most excellent insight into the nature of people. You are welcome in my Church.

The disciples of Christ Jesus are your friends and allies and we are not concerned with each other's differences, including your own. It is the personal integrity that you have obviously gained through your life experience that is more important.

Let Light shine in your heart, brother.
Vick Torre

Paterson, NJ

#17659 Apr 15, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, Vick, as best that I can. I don't pretend to be you. But, I know you are a human being just like I am, with many talents and a most excellent insight into the nature of people. You are welcome in my Church.
The disciples of Christ Jesus are your friends and allies and we are not concerned with each other's differences, including your own. It is the personal integrity that you have obviously gained through your life experience that is more important.
Let Light shine in your heart, brother.
You demonstrate what we should all do in treating others. Tthat having differences is natural. Much appreciated. I respect differences among people and do my best not to judge. One of lifes lessons I learned. To be tolerated you have to tolerate others. I see you do understand. That's a great relief to have people respect each other whether we agree with someone or not. Thanks.

Location hidden

#17660 Apr 15, 2013
Are we done with the hand holding yet?

Smile.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17661 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
Doesn't look like it yet.
Smile.
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17662 Apr 15, 2013
Are we done with trolls holding back progress? Are we going to see haters fade away? Yes. Times change and those who can't become extinct.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17663 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
Well,.... First, you have to extend a hand, before the hand-holding can begin.
SHADOW

Piscataway, NJ

#17664 Apr 15, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
Are we done with trolls holding back progress? Are we going to see haters fade away? Yes. Times change and those who can't become extinct.
So you are leaving are ya?
really

AOL

#17665 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said RevKen, I couldn't agree with you more!
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17666 Apr 15, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are leaving are ya?
Nope U dope. Those like you falling behind changing times. May take another generation or two. You can bet life for you'll fade away and eventually not even a shadow remaining of social vultures. No place for you in the future. Extinction.

Location hidden

#17667 Apr 15, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again rev, that's enabling and denial. The behavior you are supporting is not love, it is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. God will judge ti.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17668 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again rev, that's enabling and denial. The behavior you are supporting is not love, it is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. God will judge ti.
Smile.
You know nothing about gay life. I do. I live it. Long practiced to. You just babble biased writings. God will judge you for judging. That's his right, not yours. Gay couples have lived in monogomous relationships for centuries. The likes of you are counterproductive to civilization. We tried to enlighten you on gay life. You have too closed a mind to get through. Hey,that's your problem and your right. Stay and wallow in your ignorance. The rest of society isn't going to remain stuck in the dark ages.
Penny Trayshun

Chicago, IL

#17669 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Silly old man, you won't get an STD from hand-holding. Typically, somebody has to stick something somewhere for that to happen.

Location hidden

#17670 Apr 16, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> You know nothing about gay life. I do. I live it. Long practiced to. You just babble biased writings. God will judge you for judging. That's his right, not yours. Gay couples have lived in monogomous relationships for centuries. The likes of you are counterproductive to civilization. We tried to enlighten you on gay life. You have too closed a mind to get through. Hey,that's your problem and your right. Stay and wallow in your ignorance. The rest of society isn't going to remain stuck in the dark ages.
-You forget, I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man.

-You just judged me for judging.

-According to Jesus, the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and woman, within marriage. The only alternative is abstention. So yes, some homosexuals have chosen that path.

-According to the record of history, acceptance of homosexual behavior is very short lived in any culture. Moreover, science is quickly discovering the cause and will follow with cures for sexual defects.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17671 Apr 16, 2013
Penny Trayshun wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly old man, you won't get an STD from hand-holding. Typically, somebody has to stick something somewhere for that to happen.
Honey, intelligent people with average comprehension would know I wasn't talking about hand holding.

If you had followed the Biblical directive, you would have asked your husband who would have kept you from looking like a blonde dip shit.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17672 Apr 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-You forget, I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
-You just judged me for judging.
-According to Jesus, the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and woman, within marriage. The only alternative is abstention. So yes, some homosexuals have chosen that path.
-According to the record of history, acceptance I coild go about claiming to be of homosexual behavior is very short lived in any culture. Moreover, science is quickly discovering the cause and will follow with cures for sexual defects.
Smile.
Not judging you. Pointing OUTthat you do. I could go through life claiming to be a female trapped in a male body. Who's fault is that? Gods. Since those like you claim God as the manufacturer. So in yoir opinion we are given the same sex drives any hetero has and emotions of love and have to deny ourselves. That's cruelty. To choose between having life fullfilling relationships, see our families and friends have them while we are expected to remain alone. Then hear aboit Gods love and mercy for us? That's insanity! You want to live that way,fine. Not your job or right to decide for everyone else. It's not short lived. Lots of gays senior gays wtih L.T.R. You're just too blind to see it. I 'm gay and only know gay life-which includes a unique view on hetero life (as any gay would) as we live in a primarily hetero life. That's how I know what most you say is B.S. Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min DebraE 17,603
News Winnipeg men trying to get their 1974 marriage ... 13 min Public health 16
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 44 min Hudson 961
News Egos hindering Indian LGBTQ movement, says quee... 21 hr Cath League of Du... 2
News Connecticut sees - gay baby boom' Sat Robby Rob 43
News Landlord Caught Having Sex In Tenants's Bed (Dec '16) Fri ThomasA 14
News Costa Rica's first gay marriage suffers bureauc... Fri Fundies Mentally Nil 1
More from around the web