Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36038 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17609 Apr 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
you are obviously on the (losing) side of liberal doctrine..
Smile.
it must suck to live in a black and white world. I wasn't aware that liberal doctrine had a right and wrong side.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17610 Apr 10, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
it must suck to live in a black and white world. I wasn't aware that liberal doctrine had a right and wrong side.
Only in his defunct little mind.

It's those shades of gray the cause SOME of us to use our brains...

;-)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17611 Apr 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, THAT's the 'spirit' you've been talking about. Makes sense now.
You simply have clearly biased opinion. Not only because you are obviously on the (losing) side of liberal doctrine, but because you fail to make your assertions in context with reasoning.
I didn't say you shifted from the subject of homosexuality. You know that. I wouldn't call that tactic the 'holy' spirit rev...
Smile.
Still feigning zero responsibility, Kimare?

Nope, no go. You've gotten what you paid for and now you are saddled, or shall I say "addled" with it.

They were YOUR words, Kimare. Nobody else's and they are full of your pompously self-righteous, condescending, predudicial, hypocritical judgments of people you neither know or understand.

Emily Dickinson has this to say:

A word is dead

When it is said,

Some say.


I say it just

Begins to live

That day.

--Emily Dickinson



Carl Sandburg speaks of a ‘primer lesson’…


PRIMER LESSON

Look out how you use proud words,

When you let proud words go, it is not easy to call them back.

They wear long boots, hard boots; they walk off proud; they can’t hear you calling—‘

Look out how you use proud words.

--Carl Sandburg

&#8206;

...and through it all runs a weaving thread...



SILENCE

like pebbles in water

the words settle

through layers of selves

to deep center



and silence…

then Self says:

Love is the ground of being.

--Barbara Smith Stoff
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17612 Apr 10, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> The structure of you words no better than mine,as I read them nor anyone elses' writing style. Some have more flair. RevKen has sentences of best structure here. What matters more on forums are relaying messages, not novels.(
Look at your post man and get some help.
structure of you words????
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17613 Apr 10, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your post man and get some help.
structure of you words????
No one else having problems reading me. Don't like it, too bad. Don't read it. Simple. As for getting help, look at your posts. Full of seething hate. The classes are called ANGER MANGEMENT. How's that for structure?
Cruci-Fiction in space

Wakefield, UK

#17614 Apr 10, 2013
Hey guys. I know nothing about the bible. Im gay. Im a huge Marilyn Manson fan, HATERS COME AT ME!
Walt

Pekin, IL

#17615 Apr 10, 2013
Cruci-Fiction in space wrote:
Hey guys. I know nothing about the bible. Im gay. Im a huge Marilyn Manson fan, HATERS COME AT ME!
The Bible's message is love, not hate.

It is an attempt by God to save you from hellfire, but if you prefer sodomy to Him, you are lost forever.

Give it a read. It could save your soul.
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17616 Apr 10, 2013
Cruci-Fiction in space wrote:
Hey guys. I know nothing about the bible. Im gay. Im a huge Marilyn Manson fan, HATERS COME AT ME!
Hi. I began school in the catholic faith. An abusive nun I had. I was taken out as where a few other students. Transfered to public school in mid-year. Still went to church, heard and read (not all) portions of the bible. Believed in all of it because all raising me said it was so. Had no reason not to. As I went through life I noticed what I was told did'nt match life around me. I began to question to understand the bible. Thr results were finding many faults. Then when going on this forum to ask questions, I and anyone else seeking truth get cyber attacked. Only pushing me further from asking about the bible and religion. Since what I read from the "faithful", shows I took the correct path of avoiding the religiously inclined". Trying to civily debate with them is futile. Thanks for joining.
Cruci-Fiction in space

Wakefield, UK

#17617 Apr 10, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible's message is love, not hate.
It is an attempt by God to save you from hellfire, but if you prefer sodomy to Him, you are lost forever.
Give it a read. It could save your soul.
Right i prefer sodomy do i? Im 15. Ive never even kissed another boy. Let alone taken part in sodomistic acts with one. And as a matter of fact i dont want to. So what do you have to say to that?

And, even if i did read the bible it wouldnt change who i am.
Cruci-Fiction in space

Wakefield, UK

#17618 Apr 10, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Hi. I began school in the catholic faith. An abusive nun I had. I was taken out as where a few other students. Transfered to public school in mid-year. Still went to church, heard and read (not all) portions of the bible. Believed in all of it because all raising me said it was so. Had no reason not to. As I went through life I noticed what I was told did'nt match life around me. I began to question to understand the bible. Thr results were finding many faults. Then when going on this forum to ask questions, I and anyone else seeking truth get cyber attacked. Only pushing me further from asking about the bible and religion. Since what I read from the "faithful", shows I took the correct path of avoiding the religiously inclined". Trying to civily debate with them is futile. Thanks for joining.
You what?
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17619 Apr 10, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible's message is love, not hate.
It is an attempt by God to save you from hellfire, but if you prefer sodomy to Him, you are lost forever.
Give it a read. It could save your soul.
Love is not the message being placed by those of so called faithful. Just backstepping a page or two showd this. The use or hiding behind scripture to lash out hate messages. You post here memtioning a sex act when wr ask about the commitment of oneself to another in emotional bonding gets overlooked/ignored.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#17620 Apr 10, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible's message is love, not hate.
It is an attempt by God to save you from hellfire, but if you prefer sodomy to Him, you are lost forever.
Give it a read. It could save your soul.
Funny, you say the Bible's message is love, not hate...then you dump out a truckload of hate.
There is no "hellfire," God doesn't torture people in "hell," it's a sick insulting manmade fiction.
And contrary to your despicable Satanic lies, being gay is NOT a sin, and does NOT get people sent to "hellfire." Being gay is not "preferred," people don't choose to be gay, it's how God made them. They are not "lost forever." You are.

His soul isn't remotely "lost," God loves all of us and we couldn't get lost if we tried. What a pity that instead of sharing that love you pervert it and twist it and use it as a weapon of hate. You are truly no Christian.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17621 Apr 10, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Hi. I began school in the catholic faith. An abusive nun I had. I was taken out as where a few other students. Transfered to public school in mid-year. Still went to church, heard and read (not all) portions of the bible. Believed in all of it because all raising me said it was so. Had no reason not to. As I went through life I noticed what I was told did'nt match life around me. I began to question to understand the bible. Thr results were finding many faults. Then when going on this forum to ask questions, I and anyone else seeking truth get cyber attacked. Only pushing me further from asking about the bible and religion. Since what I read from the "faithful", shows I took the correct path of avoiding the religiously inclined". Trying to civily debate with them is futile. Thanks for joining.
Vic Torre,

Regardless of the flak we must endure, there are some here who will always answer your questions to the best of their ability, experience and knowledge, with sincerety.

God IS Light, Life and Love.

Rev. Ken

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#17623 Apr 10, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Hi. I began school in the catholic faith. An abusive nun I had. I was taken out as where a few other students. Transfered to public school in mid-year. Still went to church, heard and read (not all) portions of the bible. Believed in all of it because all raising me said it was so. Had no reason not to. As I went through life I noticed what I was told did'nt match life around me. I began to question to understand the bible. Thr results were finding many faults. Then when going on this forum to ask questions, I and anyone else seeking truth get cyber attacked. Only pushing me further from asking about the bible and religion. Since what I read from the "faithful", shows I took the correct path of avoiding the religiously inclined". Trying to civily debate with them is futile. Thanks for joining.
PLEASE understand this--The vicious hateful bigots you'll see in places like this are NOT representatives of God or the Christian church. God created you the way you are, and as my mom used to put it, God doesn't make junk.

If you really do want to find out about God, and to explore your faith in a place where you'll be loved and respected and not judged and attacked, find an open and affirming church where you are. Here's a list from my denomination, but many others have churches like this. http://gladalliance.org/oaa.html

God wants you to have a happy life, I honestly think some people would be better off with no church at all than being in a church that makes you feel awful about yourself. But, again, there are churches very different from what you've encountered. I hope you'll find one. Everyone ought to be able to find a church family that accepts and loves them
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17624 Apr 10, 2013
Cruci-Fiction in space wrote:
<quoted text>
You what?
What don't you understand? I gave a brief outline on my path from 1961- 2013. And these religious dependants. I'm on your side.
Cruci-Fiction in space

Wakefield, UK

#17625 Apr 10, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> What don't you understand? I gave a brief outline on my path from 1961- 2013. And these religious dependants. I'm on your side.
Oh. I dont care honestly. I just like arguing. Thats why i threw the marilyn manson bit in too, alot of people hate him.
Vick Torre

Arlington, VA

#17626 Apr 10, 2013
Cruci-Fiction in space wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I dont care honestly. I just like arguing. Thats why i threw the marilyn manson bit in too, alot of people hate him.
I don't hate him. He gained my respect during an interview. Not quite my style of music,but that's ok.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17627 Apr 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Still feigning zero responsibility, Kimare?
Nope, no go. You've gotten what you paid for and now you are saddled, or shall I say "addled" with it.
They were YOUR words, Kimare. Nobody else's and they are full of your pompously self-righteous, condescending, predudicial, hypocritical judgments of people you neither know or understand.
Emily Dickinson has this to say:
A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.
I say it just
Begins to live
That day.
--Emily Dickinson
Carl Sandburg speaks of a ‘primer lesson’…
PRIMER LESSON
Look out how you use proud words,
When you let proud words go, it is not easy to call them back.
They wear long boots, hard boots; they walk off proud; they can’t hear you calling—‘
Look out how you use proud words.
--Carl Sandburg
&#8206;
...and through it all runs a weaving thread...
SILENCE
like pebbles in water
the words settle
through layers of selves
to deep center
and silence…
then Self says:
Love is the ground of being.
--Barbara Smith Stoff
Notice how your shift has a growing distance from Scripture.

However, this I acknowledge. I don't mince words here usually.

I'm reminded of these quotes;

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.~Albert Einstein

Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.~Sigmund Freud

Humankind cannot bear very much reality.~T.S. Eliot

Deep denial is dangerous. You pretend it is not.

Smile.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17630 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how your shift has a growing distance from Scripture.
However, this I acknowledge. I don't mince words here usually.
I'm reminded of these quotes;
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.~Albert Einstein
Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.~Sigmund Freud
Humankind cannot bear very much reality.~T.S. Eliot
Deep denial is dangerous. You pretend it is not.
Smile.
Because I cite words written by wise and sensitive people that are not holy scripture, you attempt to make some sort of anti-religious insinuation??

And then, you turn around and do the same thing with quotes from Einstein, Freud and Eliot??

What! Am I your sock-puppet leader?

LMFAO!!!...(the F stands for Friar)

YOU were the one denying the reality of what you have written.
YOU were the one claiming that your statements are true when they clearly are not.
YOU were the one making the snap judgments about people you don't either know or understand, using scripture to justify your prejudice.

Yes. Reality does collide with illusions ... and delusions.

No. I don't claim perfection. Only discipleship. Every day.

No pretend smiles and smirks. Though, I can be found appreciating God's handiwork and sharing that appreciation with others. Like the old time saying says to do - Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

The power of the Word being what it is, there is at least one other quote that I like to keep fairly close to the fore ....

"Suffer the little children to come to me ..." and I do not take this out of context.

Rev. Ken
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17631 Apr 11, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> The structure of you words no better than mine,as I read them nor anyone elses' writing style. Some have more flair. RevKen has sentences of best structure here. What matters more on forums are relaying messages, not novels.(
The structure of (your) words (is) no better than mine(.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... 5 hr Sco-ttt 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 hr Lips9431 4,722
News Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines... 18 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 17
News Slovenians vote on whether to uphold same-sex m... (Dec '15) Mon fathiwady 13
News Gay 'marriage': A recipe for anarchy (Apr '15) Mon SaintSin242 37
News Landlord Caught Having Sex In Tenants's Bed Mon Mitts Gold Taliblets 8
News Kaine says Catholic Church might change on gay ... Mon filmsz 74
More from around the web