Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
15,621 - 15,640 of 24,745 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
As a "rite of passage" when young guys hit age 21. What was prohibited now allowed. My co-workers and I went on a "night on the town" to explore these new ventures. The bars we went that had nude female dancers. Up on stage surrounded by single and married guys. Oggleing the female form at eye level. Some with G-strings as a place for patrons to put money in. Then to adult stores to look at what'ts on sale in videos. Every kind of imageinable sex acts on the boxes. I looked for gay when on my own. Vast more avalability of hetero sex shops/stores in ratio to gay. Now there is the internet. Still vastly more hetero in ratio yo gay. So where does the focus on perversions go? On gays. Yet those vile sex acts no where get as much damnation as gays get.
Exactly. Exploitation they say!!!

Sometimes I wonder who is zooming who.
Vick Torre

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just another self-righteous, anti-gay hate group.
Who cares what they think?
I don't care what they say. It's the voting,money put out to deny a small percentage their rights. Latest need is like 58% heteros supporting gsy marriage. Those religious rightwingers have no one else to cruxify except gays. They see us as a safe easy target to justify themselves as so damned rightteousness and fear losing what litltle grounds to rant about their quests for holiness. General population is seeing them for what they are. Charlatans. They should focus on their own ills. The results will show if there is improvement in themselves for all to see. In other words,let them put their money where their mouth is.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Well,.....
I went back and found Vic Torre's first post on this thread.
It is post #17199.
In this post, Vic Torre insults no one, instead merely expressing a personal view from his own experience.
I replied, wondering if his view might be somewhat limited. Although, I expressed my opinion, based upon the fact that all of our objective experiences leave us with a limited viewpoint, that reply could still be construed as an insult.
Then, in post 17207, Kimare replied, saying, "Maybe you are the problem."
Clearly, that was intended as an insult, even if only subtly offensive. It implies that any fault for a limited view should be put back onto Vic Torre.
Seems Torre's assertion that the religious always insult first has some basis in fact.
Rev. Ken
1. My statement is hardly an insult.

2. Even if it were, it does not validate his assertion.

3. How often is there unsolicited sacrilegious comments on here?

Get real rev.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
The break down is roughly 4% of each LGB. The T part is somewhat unknowable but a modest estimate would be around 0.5% of the total population with some kind of a gender issue. Do the math, this is higher than 10% correct?
Gay twirl BS lies.

Again.

From a gay site;

http://gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/popul...

"The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011)."

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your interest in anal sex? Did you know that the larger percentage of people practicing anal sex are heterosexual?
Another lie.

Percentage of homosexuals who practice anal sex; 66%

Percentage of heterosexuals who practice anal sex; less than 10%

Interesting article;

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/women-who...
201102/back-door-psychology

Another one about the demeaning nature of anal sex for gays;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/
anal-sex-heterosexual-couples- report_n_1190440.html
Jade

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care what they say. It's the voting,money put out to deny a small percentage their rights. Latest need is like 58% heteros supporting gsy marriage. Those religious rightwingers have no one else to cruxify except gays. They see us as a safe easy target to justify themselves as so damned rightteousness and fear losing what litltle grounds to rant about their quests for holiness. General population is seeing them for what they are. Charlatans. They should focus on their own ills. The results will show if there is improvement in themselves for all to see. In other words,let them put their money where their mouth is.
You are a very sick anti-religious bigot.

Better get professional help and soon!

Do you really think any amount of hate and bigotry on your part will change the fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior?

Did you really think this thread has ANYTHING to do with hate based radical homosexual efforts to undemocratically force the concocted, failed philosophy of homosexual 'marriage' into law?

Did you miss the fact that some state marriage amendments received over 80% majorities?
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Jade wrote:
<quoted text>You are a very sick anti-religious bigot.
Better get professional help and soon!
Do you really think any amount of hate and bigotry on your part will change the fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior?
Did you really think this thread has ANYTHING to do with hate based radical homosexual efforts to undemocratically force the concocted, failed philosophy of homosexual 'marriage' into law?
Did you miss the fact that some state marriage amendments received over 80% majorities?
Not sounding like sound mind ftom you. I seek truth. Don't see it in religion. How can "homosexual marriage"failed philosophy not work? What is homosexual marriage philosophy? I know of none. What I know is it would be the same as with heteros. Sec acts are a small part of marriage. Maybe you and your guy do it constantly? If not than gay couples would do the same as hetero counterparts. Go to work. Pay bills. Housechores. Food shopping.paying taxes. And so on. Gay couples have been living together before you were born. Did'nt change your precious hetero way of life. Neither would a gay couple change yours now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl BS lies.
Again.
From a gay site;
http://gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/popul...
"The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011)."
Smirk.
YAWN. I'll go with the CDC stats.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie.
Percentage of homosexuals who practice anal sex; 66%
Percentage of heterosexuals who practice anal sex; less than 10%
Interesting article;
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/women-who...
201102/back-door-psychology
Another one about the demeaning nature of anal sex for gays;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/
anal-sex-heterosexual-couples- report_n_1190440.html
So? 66% of 3% is 1% of the total population.

1% < 10%

Do the math.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN. I'll go with the CDC stats.
I'm shocked!
Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So? 66% of 3% is 1% of the total population.
1% < 10%
Do the math.
You said a greater percentage of heteros practice anal sex. They don't. Learn how to state stats.

None of this changes the fact that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You said a greater percentage of heteros practice anal sex. They don't. Learn how to state stats.
None of this changes the fact that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smirk.
That's correct. A greater percentage of heteros do practice anal sex. You never asked for a clarification if that percentage was of the total population. Nobody really cares about your worthless personal opinion of anal sex either. If you don't like it, don't do it. Your nasty remarks are far more demeaning than any sex practice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody really cares about your worthless personal opinion of anal sex either. If you don't like it, don't do it. Your nasty remarks are far more demeaning than any sex practice.
Hey, I didn't say it, the Huffington Post did.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I didn't say it, the Huffington Post did.
Smile.
Your link to the Huffington Post said nothing about anal sex at all. Guess they don't care either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Did catch Linsey Lohan's boob falling out of her dress though. LMAO
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
Did catch Linsey Lohan's boob falling out of her dress though. LMAO
Maybe there should be a show like Americas Funniest Videos,call it booby bloopers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe there should be a show like Americas Funniest Videos,call it booby bloopers.
Wow! Great idea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link to the Huffington Post said nothing about anal sex at all. Guess they don't care either.
Paste both lines twit.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Queens.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Great idea.
Maybe show it in 3-D.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••