Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 777)

Showing posts 15,521 - 15,540 of24,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vick Torre

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The claim is that ss couples are just the same as marriage. That includes foster, step, single and adoptive families. A ss couple is always and only one of those default situations except they are devoid of one gender. The latest, largest and most scientific study to date compared seven family types, including lesbian. Lesbians rated LAST, AFTER single parents.
By the way, are you threatening me Robert? Really?
Smile.
We see you use scientific research to back your claims when it suits you THEN dismiss scientific research about the big bang theory or anyother science findings about creation.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting big blocks together is a sign of 'high technology'?
Here is a difference; There is no culture of any length like the Jewish culture. Nor is there any culture that produces the profound impacts that the Jews do. In spite of incessant persecution and bigotry.
Keep trying Vick, you are just exposing how shallow your search is and the victim mentality you live by.
Smile.
Don't know much about human history, do you?
Spark

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Still waiting for anyone to cite even Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question he Bible's many condemnations and prohbitions against all homosexual behavior, as found repeatedly in both Testaments.

Oh! That's right! There are none.
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The claim is that ss couples are just the same as marriage. That includes foster, step, single and adoptive families. A ss couple is always and only one of those default situations except they are devoid of one gender. The latest, largest and most scientific study to date compared seven family types, including lesbian. Lesbians rated LAST, AFTER single parents.
By the way, are you threatening me Robert? Really?
Smile.
Threatening you?!? How's that persecution complex going, Gregory?
According to your favorite new study, there were only 2 lesbian couples. Hardly valid.

Why don't you try to prove any of your "facts"?

Please prove your assertion that science thinks that something can be made from nothing.
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

BTW, nice picture of you and your schnauzer.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
However, the real question is, why do ss couples find it so hard to establish their own identity?
It's not about rights, those can and have been addressed in other ways.
It's not about family, most people like (and want) having their one natural mother and father together and raising them. A gay couple is never more than one of those, and always missing a gender.
It's not about acceptance, this forum and history are evidence that many will never accept that ss couples are the same as marriage. The only result of forcing that on people is a greater resentment, not acceptance.
You need to ask yourself why it is impossible for you to never successfully counter that inner sense of sexual brokenness.
<quoted text>
Robert,
I am a monster mutation. I faced it, and freely admit it. People appreciate that honest frankness and openness. I don't have a problem with people handling it.
On the other hand, most gays refuse to acknowledge a reality that every culture has had an innate sense of, and demand that others accept their denial. People resent that demand to pretend and ignore the consequences of denial.
I'm simply saying that is double whammy backlash for gays. Resentment and consequences. Hardly a way to really win hearts and minds...
Gregory, I am simplying saying that you have yet to prove a single one of your "facts". Why don't you give it a try, Genius?

Please prove your assertion that science thinks that something can be made from nothing.
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

BTW, nice picture of you and your schnauzer.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Spark wrote:
Still waiting for anyone to cite even Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question he Bible's many condemnations and prohbitions against all homosexual behavior, as found repeatedly in both Testaments.
Oh! That's right! There are none.
The bible says not one thing about homosexual love.
Find me a verse that talks about loving same-sex relationships and then condemns them.
Please don't bother posting clobber passages because we know what those talk about already anyway. Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
After well over 17,000 posts, with 2,000 so damaging to the radical homosexual cause that they have been removed, NO ONE has been able to cite a single Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that placs in question the Bible's many condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual acts, which are of course found repeatedly in both Testaments.
There really isn't room for any disagreement on this point. Either you accept the God revealed in the Bible, or your don't.
A homosexual lifestyle choice is in open rebellion against Him.
Over 2000 removed? Because they are "so damaging?"

No. They weren't damaging. They were outrageously, personally offending, totally unfounded and simply not true.

That is why they were removed.

The above post follows in the footsteps of the removed posts. It is bigoted, hypocritical, venomous opinion. The incorrect assertions are not founded on the Teachings of Christ Jesus.

Instead, the post is a homophobic rant.

Rev. Ken

Barach

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="TheVeryUnRevKen, Servant of Satan"]<quoted text>
Over 2000 removed? Because they are "so damaging?"
No. They weren't damaging. They were outrageously, personally offending, totally unfounded and simply not true.
That is why they were removed.
The above post follows in the footsteps of the removed posts. It is bigoted, hypocritical, venomous opinion. The incorrect assertions are not founded on the Teachings of Christ Jesus.
Instead, the post is a homophobic rant.
The Very Un-Rev. Ken
[/QUOTE]You can make positively no rational case againt the irrefutable FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavoir. You stand in opposition to the Christian God, so *BYE*.
Barach

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Two more posts missing between my last one and the VeryUnRevKen's sick bigoted anti-Christian rant.

*OBVIOUSLY* hate based radical homosexual 'theology' can't stand the light of day!

Well over a thousand posts missing, and they still loose.
WTF

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?
Oy
Oy
WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
Vick Torre

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Barach wrote:
Two more posts missing between my last one and the VeryUnRevKen's sick bigoted anti-Christian rant.
*OBVIOUSLY* hate based radical homosexual 'theology' can't stand the light of day!
Christain values these hatemongering lowlifes hide behind. Grinding their axes to chop away at humanity. Of a few christians I knew, would'nt speak in the manner of revken and those like him here. That TV troll-pat robertson-of a B, yesterday yapping about marriage of S.S. couples can't produce children. Opponants and I say and know that marriage is about love. And people get married past the age of conception and sterile couples. I have'nt heard the religiously inclined mention that! I guess it would prove them wrong.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Barach wrote:
LOL!

Yep, they are as loose as your bowels that spill onto these posts.

How's the wife and kids?

Tsk tsk....

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Christain values these hatemongering lowlifes hide behind. Grinding their axes to chop away at humanity. Of a few christians I knew, would'nt speak in the manner of revken and those like him here. That TV troll-pat robertson-of a B, yesterday yapping about marriage of S.S. couples can't produce children. Opponants and I say and know that marriage is about love. And people get married past the age of conception and sterile couples. I have'nt heard the religiously inclined mention that! I guess it would prove them wrong.
Um could you try that again in English?

Pssst, spell check.....
Barach

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Yep, they are as loose as your bowels that spill onto these posts.
How's the wife and kids?
Tsk tsk....
Glad you realize that you can make no rational case against the irrefutable *FACT* that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.

Do you think making up nonsense about my personal life make you and your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause look good?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Christain values these hatemongering lowlifes hide behind. Grinding their axes to chop away at humanity. Of a few christians I knew, would'nt speak in the manner of revken and those like him here. That TV troll-pat robertson-of a B, yesterday yapping about marriage of S.S. couples can't produce children. Opponants and I say and know that marriage is about love. And people get married past the age of conception and sterile couples. I have'nt heard the religiously inclined mention that! I guess it would prove them wrong.
Who is wrong? The joining of one man and one woman is the plan, read your Bible.

"27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he
him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

So G-d created them, male and female, and said unto them, male and female, Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.
Now how are two women or two men going to do as G-d has commanded?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
very well said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
My impression of you is three-fold;
-A serious comprehension problem. I'm curious to know if others have mentioned that to you.
-Denial. In the post above, you equate all types of families as equal in outcome for the children. Simply and clearly not true.
-OT prophets and Jesus spoke of those who have eyes and don't see and ears but don't hear.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Yes you did. From your previous post;
"While a gay couple can have their own children or adopt. And those children raised just as well as any hetero couple."
By the way, ss couples cannot "have their own children". Ever.
Again, an example of why I listed the three points above.
Smile.
Question for you, Kimare:

If a married couple finds they cannot have children because of an infertility problem, say the man cannot produce viable sperm, is it wrong if they both agree to this for them to seek a sperm donor? Often times, this does not involve an anonymous donor.

The woman then has her egg fertilized and implanted and she carries the child to term, giving birth to a child for the couple that contains only half of the couple's DNA; hers.

They then raise the child as their own.

You know, this happens. In some cases it happens because the male cannot supply. In other cases, it happens because the female of the couple has fertility problems.

In some other cases the couple supplies both DNA sides of the fertilized egg and they utilize a third person to carry the child to term, i.e. a surrogate womb mother. After the birth, the couple raises the child.

Do you have any particular problems with these scenarios? I can tell you, I do not. These are work-around solutions to fertility problems, in my opinion.

Rev. Ken
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Um could you try that again in English?
Pssst, spell check.....
what's misspelled? Maybe what I typed as some wordplay has you wondering-such as: robertson-of a B (S.O.B). Either way, I'm posting on from a cell phone. Letters on the keyboard really close. Plus I have limited endurance with all limbs. Neuropathy causing that. So when I do see a mistake, I let it go because of those difficulties. Plus I see others misspell and hardly anyone points it out. SO FREAKING WHAT? TOO difficult to understand the word and meddage? Even my doctors misspell.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is wrong? The joining of one man and one woman is the plan, read your Bible.
"27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he
him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."
So G-d created them, male and female, and said unto them, male and female, Be. and multiply and replenish the earth.
Now how are two women or two men going to do as G-d has commanded?
I read that much from the BI-BULL. God creating man from the dust if the earth. What? Makes the universe from nothing but has yo create man out of the dust of the earth. Then causes a deep sleep over Adam-removes a rib to create Eve! What? Noy enough dust around to create her separately? Human anatomy shows man has no missing rib. Such B.S.!! PLUS the earth is overpopulated. This. "Multiply and replenish the earth" is way overdone. The earth has 7 billion and resources strained. The Bi-bull,and that's all it is has so many fallicies. Outlandish publication. You want to promote a book that depictes this god as a maladjusted being that should be on medications and live your life by it,is your right. A real god would have a much more sensible guide for his children.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
very well said.
Thank you. Not much compliments received on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,521 - 15,540 of24,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••