Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
15,521 - 15,540 of 24,736 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Christain values these hatemongering lowlifes hide behind. Grinding their axes to chop away at humanity. Of a few christians I knew, would'nt speak in the manner of revken and those like him here. That TV troll-pat robertson-of a B, yesterday yapping about marriage of S.S. couples can't produce children. Opponants and I say and know that marriage is about love. And people get married past the age of conception and sterile couples. I have'nt heard the religiously inclined mention that! I guess it would prove them wrong.
Who is wrong? The joining of one man and one woman is the plan, read your Bible.

"27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he
him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

So G-d created them, male and female, and said unto them, male and female, Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.
Now how are two women or two men going to do as G-d has commanded?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Christain values these hatemongering lowlifes hide behind. Grinding their axes to chop away at humanity. Of a few christians I knew, would'nt speak in the manner of revken and those like him here. That TV troll-pat robertson-of a B, yesterday yapping about marriage of S.S. couples can't produce children. Opponants and I say and know that marriage is about love. And people get married past the age of conception and sterile couples. I have'nt heard the religiously inclined mention that! I guess it would prove them wrong.
very well said.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
My impression of you is three-fold;
-A serious comprehension problem. I'm curious to know if others have mentioned that to you.
-Denial. In the post above, you equate all types of families as equal in outcome for the children. Simply and clearly not true.
-OT prophets and Jesus spoke of those who have eyes and don't see and ears but don't hear.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Yes you did. From your previous post;
"While a gay couple can have their own children or adopt. And those children raised just as well as any hetero couple."
By the way, ss couples cannot "have their own children". Ever.
Again, an example of why I listed the three points above.
Smile.
Question for you, Kimare:

If a married couple finds they cannot have children because of an infertility problem, say the man cannot produce viable sperm, is it wrong if they both agree to this for them to seek a sperm donor? Often times, this does not involve an anonymous donor.

The woman then has her egg fertilized and implanted and she carries the child to term, giving birth to a child for the couple that contains only half of the couple's DNA; hers.

They then raise the child as their own.

You know, this happens. In some cases it happens because the male cannot supply. In other cases, it happens because the female of the couple has fertility problems.

In some other cases the couple supplies both DNA sides of the fertilized egg and they utilize a third person to carry the child to term, i.e. a surrogate womb mother. After the birth, the couple raises the child.

Do you have any particular problems with these scenarios? I can tell you, I do not. These are work-around solutions to fertility problems, in my opinion.

Rev. Ken
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Um could you try that again in English?
Pssst, spell check.....
what's misspelled? Maybe what I typed as some wordplay has you wondering-such as: robertson-of a B (S.O.B). Either way, I'm posting on from a cell phone. Letters on the keyboard really close. Plus I have limited endurance with all limbs. Neuropathy causing that. So when I do see a mistake, I let it go because of those difficulties. Plus I see others misspell and hardly anyone points it out. SO FREAKING WHAT? TOO difficult to understand the word and meddage? Even my doctors misspell.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is wrong? The joining of one man and one woman is the plan, read your Bible.
So G-d created them, male and female, and said unto them, male and female, Be. and multiply and replenish the earth.
I read that much from the BI-BULL. God creating man from the dust if the earth. What? Makes the universe from nothing but has yo create man out of the dust of the earth. Then causes a deep sleep over Adam-removes a rib to create Eve! What? Noy enough dust around to create her separately? Human anatomy shows man has no missing rib. Such B.S.!! PLUS the earth is overpopulated. This. "Multiply and replenish the earth" is way overdone. The earth has 7 billion and resources strained. The Bi-bull,and that's all it is has so many fallicies. Outlandish publication. You want to promote a book that depictes this god as a maladjusted being that should be on medications and live your life by it,is your right. A real god would have a much more sensible guide for his children.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
very well said.
Thank you. Not much compliments received on this forum.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Um could you try that again in English?
Pssst, spell check.....
Easier to understand what I said than what's in the bible. Can't understand I, then you must have massive difficulty with making sense from the words in the bible.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
So G-d created them, male and female, and said unto them, male and female, Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.
My brothers wife is sterile. Yet they are married. You think it's not valid because no children will result? They married in a church. Then widowed people past age 65 get married with no children to be born. You think that's not gods plan and should be stopped? Then the many divorces and remarriages in the "House of God" also be outlawed? Those who divorce don't go to a priest,they go to a lawyer. Like it ir not marriage is a LEGAL MATTER! Priests-preachers-whatever don't handle divorce cases. Just a freaking ritual a church does that is authorized by law to perform. Church is NOT needed to get married. Stick that in your bible.
Join Free

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. Not much compliments received on this forum.
U R welcome. I know what you mean. A whole lot of ego tripping going on for sure!!!
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
U R welcome. I know what you mean. A whole lot of ego tripping going on for sure!!!
Religion can't even agree among the various faiths as to which of the many faiths are correct (if any of them are). Can't all be correct. So which one to choose? So many misleading the world as to which path to follow has its members confused. Then they preach to everyone else claiming to be the "TRUE RELIGION". That the religious should "straighten"out before gays.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for you, Kimare:
If a married couple finds they cannot have children because of an infertility problem, say the man cannot produce viable sperm, is it wrong if they both agree to this for them to seek a sperm donor? Often times, this does not involve an anonymous donor.
The woman then has her egg fertilized and implanted and she carries the child to term, giving birth to a child for the couple that contains only half of the couple's DNA; hers.
They then raise the child as their own.
You know, this happens. In some cases it happens because the male cannot supply. In other cases, it happens because the female of the couple has fertility problems.
In some other cases the couple supplies both DNA sides of the fertilized egg and they utilize a third person to carry the child to term, i.e. a surrogate womb mother. After the birth, the couple raises the child.
Do you have any particular problems with these scenarios? I can tell you, I do not. These are work-around solutions to fertility problems, in my opinion.
Rev. Ken
What are the examples of similar situations from Scripture?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I read that much from the BI-BULL. God creating man from the dust if the earth. What? Makes the universe from nothing but has yo create man out of the dust of the earth. Then causes a deep sleep over Adam-removes a rib to create Eve! What? Noy enough dust around to create her separately? Human anatomy shows man has no missing rib. Such B.S.!! PLUS the earth is overpopulated. This. "Multiply and replenish the earth" is way overdone. The earth has 7 billion and resources strained. The Bi-bull,and that's all it is has so many fallicies. Outlandish publication. You want to promote a book that depictes this god as a maladjusted being that should be on medications and live your life by it,is your right. A real god would have a much more sensible guide for his children.
Using language that could be understood until science caught up with the Bible, after the big bang, life was formed from pools of amino acids and at first was genderless. Science finally caught up with what the Bible noted long ago.

Smile.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Religion can't even agree among the various faiths as to which of the many faiths are correct (if any of them are). Can't all be correct. So which one to choose? So many misleading the world as to which path to follow has its members confused. Then they preach to everyone else claiming to be the "TRUE RELIGION". That the religious should "straighten"out before gays.
Boy you are one bitter SOB huh.
Now we have established you hate the organized religions. You hate and ridicule the Bible and it's teachings. You hate the "faiths" as a whole.
How about the ten commandments-you find fault there as well?
OK we know you hate already.
What I posted was simply the natural order of things.
You will admit man and woman were made for each other right?
It is how the young are born.
What ever happened in your miserable life to make you that twisted and bitter anyway? It is sad to see someone like you.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> My brothers wife is sterile. Yet they are married. You think it's not valid because no children will result? They married in a church. Then widowed people past age 65 get married with no children to be born. You think that's not gods plan and should be stopped? Then the many divorces and remarriages in the "House of God" also be outlawed? Those who divorce don't go to a priest,they go to a lawyer. Like it ir not marriage is a LEGAL MATTER! Priests-preachers-whatever don't handle divorce cases. Just a freaking ritual a church does that is authorized by law to perform. Church is NOT needed to get married. Stick that in your bible.
Did my post say sterile people should not marry or that the aged should not marry? No I didn't think so.
Again it is hard to deal with one so bitter as you.
Lilith_Satans_wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
no one cares... its mythology

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Religion can't even agree among the various faiths as to which of the many faiths are correct (if any of them are). Can't all be correct. So which one to choose? So many misleading the world as to which path to follow has its members confused. Then they preach to everyone else claiming to be the "TRUE RELIGION". That the religious should "straighten"out before gays.
Religion is always religion. Religion is based upon shared beliefs. This doesn't mean any of it is true or actually happened.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Using language that could be understood until science caught up with the Bible, after the big bang, life was formed from pools of amino acids and at first was genderless. Science finally caught up with what the Bible noted long ago.
Smile.
No, the bible says nothing about man being created from poola of amino acids. It says from the dust of the earth. Then you say it was first genderless. Not in the bibull either.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my post say sterile people should not marry or that the aged should not marry? No I didn't think so.
Again it is hard to deal with one so bitter as you.
I was making a point about sterile couples and aged people. Asking you IF they should be denied because no children would be born. Get it now?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> No, the bible says nothing about man being created from poola of amino acids. It says from the dust of the earth. Then you say it was first genderless. Not in the bibull either.
So you are saying that the Bible should have said 'amino acids'. Something no one would understand for thousands of years until only the last 100?

Sorry, when you are the only gender, gender is not considered. Moreover, marriage in the Bible heralds back to that very idea when it describes the man and woman becoming one.

Keep trying.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I was making a point about sterile couples and aged people. Asking you IF they should be denied because no children would be born. Get it now?
Never been a problem before. Why now?

SMile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••