Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17371 Mar 29, 2013
Lilith_Satans_who_re wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares... its mythology
Over 85% of people in the US believe in G-d. Where have you been fool?
I think the satan's who_re is probably right, after all you chose the nic.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17372 Mar 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And I was in the process of giving you a sincere answer.
My point is, how does the Bible guide us in the answer to your question. You gave some excellent answers.
Another example is Hagar, mother of Ismael, as a surrogate mother. As is the Levitical law allowing a dead man's brother to extend his legacy with the widow.
The only issue that some of those examples expose is the creation of three living 'parents', and the conflict that often ensues.
I suspect your goal is to excuse ss couples. As I have noted before, I find it criminally abhorrent to deliberately birth a child without a father and mother.
I will excuse the minor misconception. Hagar was not a surrogate mother. She was the slave girl chosen by Sarai to provide legacy offspring to Abram because she, Sarai, had been infertile. Hagar was made another wife to Abram by Sarai's suggestion and consent; technically, polygamy. After becoming pregnant, Hagar made the mistake of openly considering herself to be Sarai's superior.

I asked, basically, if you have problems with couples employing modern reproductive techniques that work around fertility problems in one or both of the couple in order to allow the couple to raise children that are at least partly brought from their own DNA.

I would appreciate a sincere answer. Your answer above avoids the question.

You also wrote, "I suspect your goal is to excuse ss couples. As I have noted before, I find it criminally abhorrent to deliberately birth a child without a father and mother."

You suspect?... I don't excuse anybody, including you. I have already openly stated my conditional support for same-sex unions.

Your statement is a very broad, negative swipe at reality. What would you have people do? Abort the fetus every time it becomes apparent that one or the other or both biological parents cannot or will not participate in the rearing of the child; to be followed by penal incarceration of the non-participting parent?

From the perspective of the Constitutional Republic, which is the Federal nature of our state, same-sex unions should be allowed. From the perspective of spiritual righteousness, it is a subjective and personal declaration of marriage made by the couple to each other before God, over which neither you nor I have any legitimate say, other than to recognize. You are incapable of objectively making any such judgment or choice for them.

As a priest, I am given the right and power in the Spirit to bless their union. You are certainly right in saying that Mosaic Law made no such written allowance for such blessing. But, I am not bound by Mosaic Law. I am bound by responsibility in the Spirit after the Order of Melchisedek as a disciple of Christ Jesus.

Your statement that any such union is to be regarded as "criminally abhorrent," is simply a matter of your own personal opinions. Likewise, it is my opinion that such views are unfounded, hypocritical and bigoted. I base my views on modern medical, genetic and psychological science, all of which have come to see human relationship and sexual orientation as a matter of normalcy across a broad spectrum of expression.

I do not condone incest. I do not condone sexual relationship with animals. I do not condone pederasty or pedophilism or sexual relationship between adults and minors, children, as a matter of lawful conduct. Such behavior in my opinion, is destructive and is generally a result of serious psychological sickness. Even so, there are certain human cultures where this behavior is considered to be normal and is apparently not destructive. I regard promiscuity as personal behavior that is physically, psychologically and spiritually potentially unhealthful. Yet, there is evidence in other species of the Great Apes that promiscuity is not destructive at all.

The truth is that we still have much to learn about ourselves.

Rev. Ken
Spring Bay

Pekin, IL

#17373 Mar 30, 2013
Could the Bible be any clearer on this subject?

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17376 Mar 31, 2013
Surely Lucifer and his followers knew the rules more clearly than humans, so not too difficult to understand mere humans doing wrong. Why God sent his only son to PAY for all sins. Only requirement-believe he died to pay for sins accepting him as saviour. Bevause man cannot achieve a sinless state. Pretty much sums up all else in the bible.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17377 Mar 31, 2013
Post six Bible passages for the abuse of other is retarded.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17378 Mar 31, 2013
Religion can cause one to become delusional and/or lead one into delusion. Also it's food for those having been delusional. Just as addiction to drugs,gambling,alcohol. Most don't regonize when addiction when involved with it.
Freeman

Pekin, IL

#17379 Mar 31, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
Religion can cause one to become delusional and/or lead one into delusion. Also it's food for those having been delusional. Just as addiction to drugs,gambling,alcohol. Most don't regonize when addiction when involved with it.
So your God-forbidden lifestyle choice has filled you with bigotry and hate.

Why not leave it?

It's obvious it's making you miserable.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17380 Mar 31, 2013
Freeman wrote:
<quoted text>So your God-forbidden lifestyle choice has filled you with bigotry and hate.
Why not leave it?
So far into this fantasy trip you fail to understand. Typical of dependency. I see all sorts of "god forbidden" sins by heteros. They also read/hear the words and continue to follow a lifestyle not holy. Misery is worldwide regardless of orientation. Those you overlook to suit your lifestyle. Know of any sinless in your life? I left it because religion fails to most the world. There would be at least a lot less war and crimes if it were followed by heteros. But have gay people live by it when heteros fail? More heteros than gays. "Do as I say, not as I do". Seems that's what heteros expect of gays. If more heteros went by the bible,it would be more impressive for doubters to consider. Practice what you preach.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17381 Mar 31, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And 64% of people in the US support gay marriage. I'm sure some go to church.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17382 Mar 31, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps, but what percentage attend as place of worship regularly?
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17383 Mar 31, 2013
Freeman wrote:
<quoted text>So your God-forbidden lifestyle choice has filled you with bigotry and hate.
Why not leave it?
I said this before and the religiously inclined take it as bitterness to god/religion. Wrong. Since I no longer believe,religion does'nt bother me. Whatever any faith says. It's the people that insist relentlessly that raises anger. Forcing anyway they can,others to live as dictated to them. One of this countries fundamental principles-FREEDOM of religion. To practice it or not. Holding religious teachings to those that want freedom from it is wrong. Follow any religion all you want. I support those who choose to. Those who choose not to should at least be respected in turn. This country us run by laws,not religion. When religion tries to use law to force their beliefs unto others-wrong. So I come on here to make my points heard. We all have that right. Notice gays always get insulted by believers. Not once did I indult anyines view. Till I get an insult. I try to debate civily. The relugious always insult first. Shows their basic character. Than call me bitter. Not the way to convince people or demonstrate true belief.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17384 Mar 31, 2013
Freeman wrote:
Why not leave it?
We all pray that God forgives you your wicked sins David.

May God bless you and help you to repent your sinful lifestyle choice of wicked condemnations in the name of the Lord.

Lord have Mercy on this soul.
WTF over

Santa Cruz, CA

#17385 Mar 31, 2013
Barach wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you realize that you can make no rational case against the irrefutable *FACT* that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
Do you think making up nonsense about my personal life make you and your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause look good?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?
Oy
Oy
WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17386 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I said this before and the religiously inclined take it as bitterness to god/religion. Wrong. Since I no longer believe,religion does'nt bother me. Whatever any faith says. It's the people that insist relentlessly that raises anger. Forcing anyway they can,others to live as dictated to them. One of this countries fundamental principles-FREEDOM of religion. To practice it or not. Holding religious teachings to those that want freedom from it is wrong. Follow any religion all you want. I support those who choose to. Those who choose not to should at least be respected in turn. This country us run by laws,not religion. When religion tries to use law to force their beliefs unto others-wrong. So I come on here to make my points heard. We all have that right. Notice gays always get insulted by believers. Not once did I indult anyines view. Till I get an insult. I try to debate civily. The relugious always insult first. Shows their basic character. Than call me bitter. Not the way to convince people or demonstrate true belief.
"The relugious always insult first."

A bigoted lie exposing hatred and ignorance.

No insult, just the facts.

Smile.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17387 Apr 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
LOL!!!.... Well,.....

I went back and found Vic Torre's first post on this thread.
It is post #17199.
In this post, Vic Torre insults no one, instead merely expressing a personal view from his own experience.

I replied, wondering if his view might be somewhat limited. Although, I expressed my opinion, based upon the fact that all of our objective experiences leave us with a limited viewpoint, that reply could still be construed as an insult.

Then, in post 17207, Kimare replied, saying, "Maybe you are the problem."

Clearly, that was intended as an insult, even if only subtly offensive. It implies that any fault for a limited view should be put back onto Vic Torre.

Seems Torre's assertion that the religious always insult first has some basis in fact.

Rev. Ken
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17388 Apr 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
That's right!! Look at any of my posts. None insulting UNTIL it is said to me. Fine example of religious followers. Just the facts isn't said alone. Postings coupled with insults. Guess scripture can't hold up on its own. Always some smirky reply. And those are the facts.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17389 Apr 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps, but what percentage attend as place of worship regularly?
Believers are the backbone of the Church. I don't have an answer to your question but whether I am in my Church or at the table we give thanks for everything we have.
God is a very important part of my life-He is the reason for my life.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17390 Apr 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Well,.....
I went back and found Vic Torre's first post on this thread.
It is post #17199.
In this post, Vic Torre insults no one, instead merely expressing a personal view from his own experience.
I replied, wondering if his view might be somewhat limited. Although, I expressed my opinion, based upon the fact that all of our objective experiences leave us with a limited viewpoint, that reply could still be construed as an insult.
Then, in post 17207, Kimare replied, saying, "Maybe you are the problem."
Clearly, that was intended as an insult, even if only subtly offensive. It implies that any fault for a limited view should be put back onto Vic Torre.
Seems Torre's assertion that the religious always insult first has some basis in fact.
Rev. Ken
Thank you very much!! Well said. The post numbers of replies do not show on my phone. Why I don't know. Those reply numbers dif on my desk top computer. Now I only have an iphone and post #s not on it.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17391 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> And 64% of people in the US support gay marriage. I'm sure some go to church.
And 2-3 % of the population claim to be queer, what is your point?
Many young people make up that "as long as it doesn't hurt me" attitude. If you simply look at the gay pride parades with their filthy attitude most civilized people would not condone that in their towns.
Somehow these freaks of nature think rubbing their perverted ways in our face is going to somehow get them accepted. It does just the opposite driving normal people away.
Please don't confuse believers with head counts in Church.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17392 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And 2-3 % of the population claim to be queer, what is your point?
Many young people make up that "as long as it doesn't hurt me" attitude. If you simply look at the gay pride parades with their filthy attitude most civilized people would not condone that in their towns.
Somehow these freaks of nature think rubbing their perverted ways in our face is going to somehow get them accepted. It does just the opposite driving normal people away.
Please don't confuse believers with head counts in Church.
The estimate is 10%. Them there is the bisexuals. After that the heteros that just want a casual-no reciprocation-sex. If you look at Mardi Gras so many heteros with filthy attitudes that are not condoned. Frgot about that hetero stuff? Then the htero spring breakers. You see anything wholesome with that? More of it than anything gay. But because it brings big money to town and buisness,you heteris see it as a "right of passage"to youth. Mardi Grad adults doong fornications. Well known to but you leave that out of debate I guess because its hetero. I have to put up with heteto sexual rants and conquests year round. TV ads,radio,newspaper ads,billboards with hetero sexuality as is not intended by god. You defend those acts? You see far less gay sexual things compared to what is out there hetero sexual things. You think that's normal to flaunt hetero sexuality like a pack if animals? Cheapening sex as buisness rather than for godliness intent.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Levy Hater 31,940
News Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple say... 20 hr who do u call 1
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... Tue Rose_NoHo 60
News Carroll Daybook Tue MaltaMerlin 3
News Hindu girl weds childhood Muslim friend in Paki... Mon Rosa 2
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Aug 29 mariam 176
News Rizzoli & Isles' introduction of Maura's husban... Aug 27 Ex Fan 1
More from around the web