Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,913

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
Poo

Scottsboro, AL

#17236 Mar 21, 2013
Mickaela wrote:
<quoted text>
how do u guys remember all these parts of the bible?
Reply: They Google it????
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17237 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
I agree that not all religions can be right. Personally, the key question I approached with was, what about brokenness? Or sin? Why does every human express selfishness, hatred, anger, theft, deceit and worse? How does any belief system explain and deal with it. I found the Judeo/Christian faith the best at answering that question. I still have numerous unanswered questions however.
I am perplexed by your continued skepticism. Your question is very simple to me. Either there is no God, or there is a God and He is not interested in you, or you are lying about your sincere search. I don't see any other options, do you?
Smile.
I explained before about my sincerity. Not lying about that. Why would I. How fantastic it would be to have eternal life and no ills of life here. Who would'nt want that. So yeah,my search is sincere! Also I don't want to persue a falsehood. Why the answer is important to me. If god is there then he's interested in everyone. So why say god is'nt interested in me. I just want god to simply say "I'm here!". Just one convincing act-dream or word,I'd then follow scripture as best I can. The "balls in gods court' now,as the saying goes. Often those likr you say I don't seek with sincereity. You don't know me well enough to decide that. I have sought with all I can muster. I know in my heart I have. That's all that matters. Regardless of others opinions on how much I tried.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17238 Mar 21, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text>I explained before about my sincerity. Not lying about that. Why would I. How fantastic it would be to have eternal life and no ills of life here. Who would'nt want that. So yeah,my search is sincere! Also I don't want to persue a falsehood. Why the answer is important to me. If god is there then he's interested in everyone. So why say god is'nt interested in me. I just want god to simply say "I'm here!". Just one convincing act-dream or word,I'd then follow scripture as best I can. The "balls in gods court' now,as the saying goes. Often those likr you say I don't seek with sincereity. You don't know me well enough to decide that. I have sought with all I can muster. I know in my heart I have. That's all that matters. Regardless of others opinions on how much I tried.
I'm not judging your sincerity at all. I'm simply listing the options. You removed the idea that God is there and not interested, so that leaves one, God is not there, or two, you are not sincere. You claim you are and God is silent. That leaves God does not exist.

Now, why are you still searching? By your own assertion, it seems that you can be searching because of only one thing; You didn't knock on heaven's door loud enough.

Am I missing something?

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#17239 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Am I missing something?
Yes. A few screws.
THEY CHANGE THE TRUTH

Bell, CA

#17240 Mar 21, 2013
http://www.alamoministries.com/content/englis...

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was just. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate [rejected by God] mind, to do those things which are not convenient.”

Verses 29, 30, and 31 tell of the sinful nature, wickedness, and personality of the homosexual:“Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful.” Verse 32 tells that God says,“Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17241 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not judging your sincerity at all. I'm simply listing the options. You removed the idea that God is there and not interested, so that leaves one, God is not there, or two, you are not sincere. You claim you are and God is silent. That leaves God does not exist.
Now, why are you still searching? By your own assertion, it seems that you can be searching because of only one thing; You didn't knock on heaven's door loud enough.
Am I missing something?
You sure are missing something. I stated my efforts. YOU make the claim that I declare god does'nt exist. No where did I say that. I SAID I'm still seeking. IF I did'nt believe at all I would be here with a totally differrent debate. Your just upset that I have doubts. Again you assume actions I take without knowing all the searching I done. Listening to the religiously inclined id onr of my sources of search. But you already label me as "not knocking hard enough". HELLO! The religious pray outloud AND in silence. Would'nt you say god hears them? I'm told by those like you totally religious that god hears all prayers. What are you doing? Double talking?

Santa Cruz, CA

#17242 Mar 21, 2013
THEY CHANGE THE TRUTH wrote:
http://www.alamoministries.com /content/english/Literature/ch angethetruth.html
“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was just. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate [rejected by God] mind, to do those things which are not convenient.”
Verses 29, 30, and 31 tell of the sinful nature, wickedness, and personality of the homosexual:“Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful.” Verse 32 tells that God says,“Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
Who did God give up into vile affections? If God gave then into such, it must have been the will of God.

Why are you posting such worthless drivel anyway?
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17243 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
I agree that not all religions can be right. Personally, the key question I approached with was, what about brokenness? Or sin? Why does every human express selfishness, hatred, anger, theft, deceit and worse? How does any belief system explain and deal with it. I found the Judeo/Christian faith the best at answering that question. I still have numerous unanswered questions however.
I am perplexed by your continued skepticism. Your question is very simple to me. Either there is no God, or there is a God and He is not interested in you, or you are lying about your sincere search. I don't see any other options, do you?
Smile.
Lucky for you, I've made a list of the numerous questions you haven't answered, Genius:

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Join Free

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17244 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Am I missing something?
Yes, a life.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#17245 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Am I missing something?
Yes, a personality.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#17246 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Am I missing something?
Yes, compassion.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17248 Mar 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, compassion.
Dammit, I was gonna do these!

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17249 Mar 22, 2013
This from lying twits who deny reality.

Do you have a reasoned logical response to my facts?

No.

Hence twin trolls.

Smile.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17250 Mar 22, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jude (a servant of Christ jesus and brother of James) not a Jew? He thought Sodom's sin was sexual immorality and perversion.
Jude 1-7.
Written WELL after the original Apostles were dead.

BTW, James was the brother of Jesus....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17251 Mar 22, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jude (a servant of Christ jesus and brother of James) not a Jew? He thought Sodom's sin was sexual immorality and perversion.
Jude 1-7.
That tract is problematic.

Jude is considered to be a part of the "canon", yet quotes and refers to sources that are not similarly canonical in either Jewish or Xian traditions.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17252 Mar 22, 2013

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17253 Mar 22, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> You're saying I'm limited. You disagree with the bible that we were created of the "dust of the earth"? That Eve created from Adams rib? If so then that backs my statement that we are made of the same materials just rearranged for various purpose. Therefore male-male, female- female, male- female physiology would'nt matter.
I don't think you are limited, anymore than any of the rest of us.

But, I do understand that a person's faith is often a matter of their own willingness to watch for and put a stop to unnecessary self-imposed limitations.

Not every prayer gets answered, thank God. But, I think some do. And, if your point is that you are simply a thermodynamics realist, then I counter with the idea that, at some level, ideas are energy and they do affect creation. How effective prayer is or may be might actually have to do with the competition of ideas and the energy mustered to bring about their manifestation.

I have no idea of whether or not a person named Eve was "cloned" in female form. If so, the story would suggest that Adam was male only even when there were no female humans. That is or would have been, shall we say, highly unlikely.

A lot of people take creation stories literally. I do not.

Rev. Ken
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17254 Mar 22, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you are limited, anymore than any of the rest of us.
But, I do understand that a person's faith is often a matter of their own willingness to watch for and put a stop to unnecessary self-imposed limitations.
Not every prayer gets answered, thank God. But, I think some do. And, if your point is that you are simply a thermodynamics realist, then I counter with the idea that, at some level, ideas are energy and they do affect creation. How effective prayer is or may be might actually have to do with the competition of ideas and the energy mustered to bring about their manifestation.
I have no idea of whether or not a person named Eve was "cloned" in female form. If so, the story would suggest that Adam was male only even when there were no female humans. That is or would have been, shall we say, highly unlikely.
A lot of people take creation stories literally. I do not.
Rev. Ken
As far as can be examined/studied, all this universe is composed of energy. That energy binds together, like snowflakes to form tangable matter. This is known as "string theory". One of my unanswered questions about gods creation of us has been: If all the matter in the universe was created, stars-planets-people, then why would god take a rib from Adam to create woman? Run out of material? Man is not missing a rib. There's problem #1.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17255 Mar 22, 2013
Problem #2. Suppose you and your wife steal from a bank. You 2 get caught. Go before a judge for sentencing. The judge decides that while he's at it, includes your entire family, even the ones yet to be born,to pay for your crime. Even humans are'nt that cruel. Who would deem that fair? God does. So this loving being curses all of us and the sufferings placed on us,then sends his only son to be tortured and die to pay for us? And he did no crime to boot!! That's certifiable insanity.

Santa Cruz, CA

#17256 Mar 22, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> As far as can be examined/studied, all this universe is composed of energy. That energy binds together, like snowflakes to form tangable matter. This is known as "string theory". One of my unanswered questions about gods creation of us has been: If all the matter in the universe was created, stars-planets-people, then why would god take a rib from Adam to create woman? Run out of material? Man is not missing a rib. There's problem #1.
The fact of the matter is it is simply a mythological teaching story. It never actually happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 53 min DRUDAEGUCHINEDEBD... 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 51,287
Poll: Support for gay marriage drops in Mich. (May '14) 2 hr WeTheSheeple 62
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 4 hr RevKen 58
Couples Who Challenged Utah's Gay Marriage Ban ... 4 hr Gremlin 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Doug Wiedeman 31,556
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 6 hr Boni 219
More from around the web