Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
15,381 - 15,400 of 24,895 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Vick Torre

Elizabeth, NJ

#17213 Mar 20, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
A rather limited view of yourself and others, Vic.
I think my views are limitless. I take into consideration the entire universe,what it consists of. I believe in other dimensions. I believe in infinite combinations. I believe in many possibilities. However without substantial evidence,all are "maybes" of existance. I watch anything that has been explored and of theory. Being open to science and spiritual till a conclusion. I speak of what IS known. One being matter of this world. Even in the bible it is written that we are made of the dust of the earth. So we all are made of the same material. And we return to the earth from which we came. That's in the bible. But you label me limited. Just me qouting the bible. That is what's limiting. You just want to place blame elswhere.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17214 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me a LOT of people disagree with you about God and the Bible.
Just a thought, maybe you are the problem?
Smile.
Here's your problem, Genius:
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17215 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Note: you haven't yet proven a single point, Genius:

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17216 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also the incident, not parable, of Jesus meeting the Samaritan woman at the well. He bluntly corrected every deceitful, ignorant denial she made.
Speaking the truth in love.
By the way 'rev', the good Samaritan did not violate the letter of the Law, he fulfilled the letter of the Law in spirit and in truth.
Smile.
Have you bluntly corrected every deceitful, ignorant claim you've made, Genius?

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17217 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me a LOT of people disagree with you about God and the Bible.
Just a thought, maybe you are the problem?
Smile.
It seems to me that EVERYONE disagrees with your concept of god and the bible. You are the problem, Genius.

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17218 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it wasn't. I just noted that that failure looked like a herd of gays looking after their own 'needs'.
Right?
Smirk.
The only failure is your inability to prove even one of your claims, Genius:

Robert

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17219 Mar 20, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text>I think my views are limitless. I take into consideration the entire universe,what it consists of. I believe in other dimensions. I believe in infinite combinations. I believe in many possibilities. However without substantial evidence,all are "maybes" of existance. I watch anything that has been explored and of theory. Being open to science and spiritual till a conclusion. I speak of what IS known. One being matter of this world. Even in the bible it is written that we are made of the dust of the earth. So we all are made of the same material. And we return to the earth from which we came. That's in the bible. But you label me limited. Just me qouting the bible. That is what's limiting. You just want to place blame elswhere.
Not placing blame, Vic.

But, there are some others posting here who will try to place blame.

I'll go with Snyper's comment.

It helps that you have further described your views.

Rev. Ken
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17220 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
Just a thought, if you are not interested in your Maker, it makes perfect sense for Him to honor your request by not forcing himself on you. Ever. That would be eternal self-damnation.
Smile.
It would make perfect sense for you to prove any one of your claims, Genius. But you haven't yet.

Robert
Join Free

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17221 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it wasn't. I just noted that that failure looked like a herd of gays looking after their own 'needs'.
Right?
Smirk.
Sorry. I disagree. SMILE

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17222 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
Just a thought, if you are not interested in your Maker, it makes perfect sense for Him to honor your request by not forcing himself on you. Ever. That would be eternal self-damnation.
Smile.
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you did'nt bother rrading my other post. I said I use to totally believe in what those in my life taught me. Prayed for 50years. I'd call that showing interest. All that prayer fell on deaf ears. Not one thing answered. See,a person can persaude themselves into belief. Seems that's what you done to yourself. Keep telling yourself untruths long enough you end up believing in untruths. I know because I believed. When certain situations arose,would pray with such intensity, find nothing resulted over years of praying. Began to pray of why no answer. Then stopped altogether. Began to look at religion objectively and came to conclusions I post. I know 3 people trying to convince me prayer works. Said paryers with them and went to church with them. Just 2 weeks ago this was. Guess what? Nothing happened. Still no prayer answered. I prayed outloud with them the last 5 months. No results as they PROMISED would happen. Because they have their noses so deep into religion that anything happening is "gods will" and can't see reality. Same results as the past 50 years.
Sorry Vick, but I did read your previous post. I can't explain why not one of your prayers were answered. I can only testify of my own experience. However, I don't demand that God obey my beck and calling either.

Moreover, most believers I know don't believe because God answers their prayers. They operate from the assumption that they are there for God, not God there to be their own personal magic genie.

It is also quite a presumption that anyone who disagrees with you "has their nose so deep into religion that they... can't see reality."

But none of this applies to the response I gave to your assertion about eternity and your choice.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17223 Mar 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I disagree. SMILE
Of course.

I didn't expect anything more, and there can't be anything less.

Smile.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#17224 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
I didn't expect anything more, and there can't be anything less.
Smile.
You said parents don't want defective children.
Does that mean your parents didn't want you?
:)
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17225 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
Smile.
<quoted text>
Sorry Vick, but I did read your previous post. I can't explain why not one of your prayers were answered. I can only testify of my own experience. However, I don't demand that God obey my beck and calling either.
Moreover, most believers I know don't believe because God answers their prayers. They operate from the assumption that they are there for God, not God there to be their own personal magic genie.
It is also quite a presumption that anyone who disagrees with you "has their nose so deep into religion that they... can't see reality."
But none of this applies to the response I gave to your assertion about eternity and your choice.
Smile.
Now you're assuming. Placing words I never said. I don't expect god to be a personal genie. I just went by what I'm told. That prayers are answered if for gods-your own-others benefit. I lived long enough to know that life has many agreements/disagreements and never expect others to agree. I state an observation. Whatever thr occupation a person has,easy to "bury'oneself deep enough to loose objectivity. Hence-"noses deep into religion". And out supposedly free will should be just that. Up to each of us to decide. When these 2 guys promised I would get answers as they have, I reminded them I had very strong incentives for just having some questions answered. Got nothing ad I prayed with them and they prayed I'd get the answers I seek. Still nothing. All the people I trusted-parents-relatives-frie nds for many years I kept trying. HELLO GOD!!! Been seeking you,praying to you,others praying on my behalf had sincerity in searching for you. Nothing. I will not mislead anyone into false hope. Believe all you and anyone wants to. I'm fine with and respect anyones belief. I do the same. I refuse to lead people to what I find as "unproven".Just tell them "maybe" on religion.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17226 Mar 20, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not placing blame, Vic.
But, there are some others posting here who will try to place blame.
I'll go with Snyper's comment.
It helps that you have further described your views.
Rev. Ken
You're saying I'm limited. You disagree with the bible that we were created of the "dust of the earth"? That Eve created from Adams rib? If so then that backs my statement that we are made of the same materials just rearranged for various purpose. Therefore male-male, female- female, male- female physiology would'nt matter.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17227 Mar 20, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You said parents don't want defective children.
Does that mean your parents didn't want you?
:)
His vagina, Sandy, doesn't even want him. Alas, she's stuck with him.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17229 Mar 20, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like eating feces or does it just come with the job?
I've never eaten any fecal matter.

Do enjoy thinking about other people who eat fecal matter? Does that make your micro-penis stiff?

Location hidden

#17230 Mar 21, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Now you're assuming. Placing words I never said. I don't expect god to be a personal genie. I just went by what I'm told. That prayers are answered if for gods-your own-others benefit. I lived long enough to know that life has many agreements/disagreements and never expect others to agree. I state an observation. Whatever thr occupation a person has,easy to "bury'oneself deep enough to loose objectivity. Hence-"noses deep into religion". And out supposedly free will should be just that. Up to each of us to decide. When these 2 guys promised I would get answers as they have, I reminded them I had very strong incentives for just having some questions answered. Got nothing ad I prayed with them and they prayed I'd get the answers I seek. Still nothing. All the people I trusted-parents-relatives-frie nds for many years I kept trying. HELLO GOD!!! Been seeking you,praying to you,others praying on my behalf had sincerity in searching for you. Nothing. I will not mislead anyone into false hope. Believe all you and anyone wants to. I'm fine with and respect anyones belief. I do the same. I refuse to lead people to what I find as "unproven".Just tell them "maybe" on religion.
While you didn't say my exact words, that is the common sense conclusion of everything you did say.

Moreover, you go on to claim an inquiring mind (which I commend), but claim your defense as 'that is what I was told'. If that is all you were 'told', then you clearly did not inquire very deeply.

I guess the thing that really sticks in my mind is the question, what is your point? Are you defending your unbelief? Are you trying to brag about your openness and wisdom at God's expense?

An inquiring mind wants to know.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17231 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
While you didn't say my exact words, that is the common sense conclusion of everything you did say.
Moreover, you go on to claim an inquiring mind (which I commend), but claim your defense as 'that is what I was told'. If that is all you were 'told', then you clearly did not inquire very deeply.
I guess the thing that really sticks in my mind is the question, what is your point? Are you defending your unbelief? Are you trying to brag about your openness and wisdom at God's expense?
An inquiring mind wants to know.
Smile.
Yeah,I was told by clergy,bible readings. Is there another way you learned? Take any bible story and it faults itself. You're clearly odsessed with what you read that you don't question. "GOD" given ability for wondering-question asking-abstract thoughts-wasted if we don't apply those abilities. I question and inquire. Just read the bible. It dipicts God as very human with human failings. It's all in the bible. But you cleary fall for a scam. Defending my belief? No. Still searching for answers is what you mistake my stance for. That is my point. I'm open to the exsistance of god. Open to any possibility. Not just accepting what clergy-and words from an old book. You forget I often prayed for god to just simply tell me he exists. No answer. Yet over the years people claim just that-having heard from god. I prayed with all my heart+soul for years. Told you I did so 2 weeks ago IN church. Went with some that PROMISED I would get an answer. Prayed with them as they asked god to answer my seeking him. NOTHING. Still waiting. All religions claim THEY have the one true faith. They all cannot be true. The religious should get that worked out. For me too many religions and that meand one thing-a massive con job. You religious people can't even get that accomplished. If one god than only one religion is correct. But each one telling me otherwise. They come to my door to hand out litterature. I'm still nice to them. My neighbor just slams the foor on them.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#17233 Mar 21, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you're getting on my last nerve.
Robert
Don't listen to my alter ego, Vick. I have plenty of nerves left.

Robert
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17234 Mar 21, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to my alter ego, Vick. I have plenty of nerves left.
Robert
I regonize those using the names of others after reading a few posts. Happens to me at times. They try to defame the original.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 7 min WeTheSheeple 12
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Dick Topick 49,534
Protester storms Families meeting 2 hr Fa-Foxy 4
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr Way To Go Boro 31,199
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 7 hr TomInElPaso 155
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... Fri Veronica 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••