Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
15,341 - 15,360 of 24,749 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave a list of lies....
No, Genius, here is your list of lies:

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell a lot about you from your post. First of all, you're a fagg@t, like me. Secondly, you're an atheist, like me. And last but not least, you're a pervert, like me, that goes for almost anything , including doing little boys.
Robert ( for anal and oral pleasure )
NoIQ, you should talk to someone about your repressed homosexual and pedophile obsessions. It can't be mentally healthy to keep all those sexual urges locked up in a closet.

Roberta (just for your gay anal sex, and now pedophile, fantasies!)
Jon

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

I'm still waiting for anyone to cite a Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's mand eplicit commands against all homosexual behavor.

Oh! That' right. There are NONE!
Book of Lies

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
I'm still waiting for anyone to cite a Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's mand eplicit commands against all homosexual behavor.
Who cares?

The Bible is a Book of Lies.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
There's no Jon here, David. Nor Caleb, Larry, Moe or Curly.
What word was replaced with 'homosexual' in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Robert
Jon

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no Jon here, David. Nor Caleb, Larry, Moe or Curly.
What word was replaced with 'homosexual' in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Robert
Thank you for confirming that you can cite positively no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.

Your lies about my identity are irrelevant. I've give you links to original tongues. Apparently you are too ignorant to understand the answer to the 'question' you ask.

You're just Spamming us with refuted nonsense from radical homosexual hate sites.

Dope!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

12. If you risk the healthiest human relationship to include one of the unhealthiest

rK; Health? Much to discuss here.

KiMare'a wrote; So you don't even begin? I understand why.

Out of all relationships, marriage is the healthiest relationship. Homosexuality is one of the most unhealthy. You would not only equate them as the same, but put the weight of health care insurance on marriage and children. How courageous.

A woman's body has evolved to bear children. The result for lesbians? Illnesses rooted in not bearing children.

http://www.thebody.com/content/art2290.html

http://menshealth.about.com/od/gayhealth/Heal...

The health risk related to marriage? Weight gain.
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for confirming that you can cite positively no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
Your lies about my identity are irrelevant. I've give you links to original tongues. Apparently you are too ignorant to understand the answer to the 'question' you ask.
You're just Spamming us with refuted nonsense from radical homosexual hate sites.
Dope!
David, what word was replaced with 'homosexual' in bibles in 1946, and why is 'homosexual' a better translation?

Robert
Join Free

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

crickets....
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for confirming that you can cite positively no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
Dope!
There's no Jon here, David.
nor Lucas, Caleb, Franco, Lester, etc....
It's a simple question:
What word was replaced with 'homosexual' in bibles in 1946, and why is 'homosexual' a better translation?

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no Jon here, David.
nor Lucas, Caleb, Franco, Lester, etc....
It's a simple question:
What word was replaced with 'homosexual' in bibles in 1946, and why is 'homosexual' a better translation?
Robert
Sodomite was replaced because homosexual was an accurate update of language.

See how easy that was?

Smile.
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
See how easy that was?
Smile.
Wrong. You're batting 0 for 57, Genius.
You don't know the answer because you weren't born in 1946, "Honey". Do you remember that?

Snicker Snort.(Blow blow blow, NoIQ!)

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/marr ...

"The key to longer life might be found in your relationship status.

A new study by Duke University Medical Center found that Baby Boomers with permanent partners or spouses had a decreased risk of premature death during midlife years, Science Daily reports. Individuals who were never married were more than twice as likely to die early than individuals who had been in a long-term, stable relationship."

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/01/10/marr...
A new study by Duke University Medical Center found that Baby Boomers with permanent partners or spouses had a decreased risk of premature death during midlife years, Science Daily reports. Individuals who were never married were more than twice as likely to die early than individuals who had been in a long-term, stable relationship."
I think this is accurate information. Does the statistic include same-sex relationships?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is accurate information. Does the statistic include same-sex relationships?
This link should work;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/
marriage-research_n_2450639.ht ml

It should, however, it seems that gay couples have a hard time maintaining those types of relationships. Whereas heterosexuals reap the benefit whether married or not.
Vic

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This link should work;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/
marriage-research_n_2450639.ht ml
It should, however, it seems that gay couples have a hard time maintaining those types of relationships. Whereas heterosexuals reap the benefit whether married or not.
A study of homosexual 'marriages' indicates that few are exclusive arrangements.

Anyone who has ever lived in a dorm should know that two people of the same gender sharing a room just doesn't work!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/01/10/marr...
What better reason than to extend marriage equality to same-sex couples.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
See how easy that was?
Smile.
So what? That doesn't mean it is accurate. That only shows the publishers wish to exploit anti-gay prejudices in order to sell more bibles.
Vic

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You're batting 0 for 57, Genius.
You don't know the answer because you weren't born in 1946, "Honey". Do you remember that?
Snicker Snort.(Blow blow blow, NoIQ!)
Robert
Actually, Kilmare was quite right. Perhaps you need to read these passages, to see just how ridiculous your 'question' is. There are MANY ways to express same sex behavior, and when an English word was coined or used to update language is not relevant. Absolutely no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is inachronous fiction.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Substituting the word 'homosexual' for Sodomite has a less loaded meaning. You can check scores of translations and even original texts (not to imply that I think you could understand them) at www.biblegateway.com

Your 'question' is just plagiarized from a radical homosexual hate site and has no bearing on reality.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
Since no verse actually condemn gay people for being gay, there is really no need to try to prove that there are no such verses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••