Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36046 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17155 Mar 16, 2013
Jon wrote:
I'm still waiting for anyone to cite a Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's mand eplicit commands against all homosexual behavor.
Oh! That' right. There are NONE!
Since no verse actually condemn gay people for being gay, there is really no need to try to prove that there are no such verses.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17156 Mar 16, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Since no verse actually condemn gay people for being gay, there is really no need to try to prove that there are no such verses.
Come on, David is still trying to impress us with six Bible passages. Are you impressed?
ex christian

Auckland, New Zealand

#17158 Mar 16, 2013
What wrote:
Well just like those who reject the Lord's Word and speak of the Gospels only. Perhaps they never read the Gospel of John :
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Jesus Christ is the Author of all Scripture OT and NT so Jesus spoke plenty against the abomination of homosexuality and lesbianism!
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
And don't forget:
Matt 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Matt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Notice a man and a woman not mana and man or woman and woman!
\
]
obviously you never checked the difference between the word translated to LORD in the NT compared to THe OT. ignoramus. In the NT it merely means master as in teacher or Rabbi, it does not in anyway imply GOD

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17161 Mar 16, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has ever lived in a dorm should know that two people of the same gender sharing a room just doesn't work!
This is your argument?
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17162 Mar 16, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your argument?
Sounds like someone's upset that his dorm buddy wasn't gay.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#17164 Mar 16, 2013
I love anal sex and suck a mean d!ck

Robert

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17165 Mar 17, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Kilmare was quite right. Perhaps you need to read these passages, to see just how ridiculous your 'question' is. There are MANY ways to express same sex behavior, and when an English word was coined or used to update language is not relevant. Absolutely no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is inachronous fiction.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Substituting the word 'homosexual' for Sodomite has a less loaded meaning. You can check scores of translations and even original texts (not to imply that I think you could understand them) at www.biblegateway.com
Your 'question' is just plagiarized from a radical homosexual hate site and has no bearing on reality.
Your perception of Reality, perhaps.

But then, that's what this conversation is all about, isn't it? Yes, it is.

The Holy Spirit has the knack for changing one's perception of Reality. The "inachronous fiction" you write about is realized to be the institutionalized hypocrisy and bigotry long-held by the Church; a view based upon a mistaken understanding of homosexuality.

A new Tradition is being established under the mantle of the Holy Spirit. Same sex marriages will be Blessed and these couples will stand approved in the sight of the Lord.

Rev. Ken

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17166 Mar 17, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, David is still trying to impress us with six Bible passages. Are you impressed?
He can't seem to respond without his list of random cut-and-pastes. And they are getting more and more out of date.

I feel so sorry for him.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17167 Mar 17, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Kilmare was quite right. Perhaps you need to read these passages, to see just how ridiculous your 'question' is. There are MANY ways to express same sex behavior, and when an English word was coined or used to update language is not relevant. Absolutely no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is inachronous fiction.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
...
David, we have already been through this a thousand times.

You can't quote Leviticus against gay folks unless you can prove that Christians today are required to follow ANY of the Holiness Code for ancient Hebrew priests. You have already admitted that YOU don't.

At least TRY to be rational in your arguments. This constant lying and hypocrisy isn't doing you a bit of good.

Now, can you post like a rational human being and just used the verses that might POSSIBLY apply? At least them we can start to work with your misconceptions, and your inability to read verses in context.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17168 Mar 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't seem to respond without his list of random cut-and-pastes. And they are getting more and more out of date.
I feel so sorry for him.
Yes they are. There is so much stuff in the Bible but his kind reduce the Bible to a Book of Lies to punish others with.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17169 Mar 17, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perception of Reality, perhaps.
But then, that's what this conversation is all about, isn't it? Yes, it is.
The Holy Spirit has the knack for changing one's perception of Reality. The "inachronous fiction" you write about is realized to be the institutionalized hypocrisy and bigotry long-held by the Church; a view based upon a mistaken understanding of homosexuality.
A new Tradition is being established under the mantle of the Holy Spirit. Same sex marriages will be Blessed and these couples will stand approved in the sight of the Lord.
Rev. Ken
I have exposed over and over that the 'reality' you espouse is fabrication and distortion, directly opposed to the Holy Spirit.

You can devise all the 'traditions' you'd like, the truth never changes.

As Jesus said about marriage,

Matthew 19:4-6 (MSG)
He answered, "Haven't you read in your Bible that the Creator originally made man and woman for each other, male and female?
5 And because of this, a man leaves father and mother and is firmly bonded to his wife, becoming one flesh┬Śno longer two bodies but one.
6 Because God created this organic union of the two sexes, no one should desecrate his art by cutting them apart."

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17170 Mar 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
David, we have already been through this a thousand times.
You can't quote Leviticus against gay folks unless you can prove that Christians today are required to follow ANY of the Holiness Code for ancient Hebrew priests. You have already admitted that YOU don't.
At least TRY to be rational in your arguments. This constant lying and hypocrisy isn't doing you a bit of good.
Now, can you post like a rational human being and just used the verses that might POSSIBLY apply? At least them we can start to work with your misconceptions, and your inability to read verses in context.
So according to your understanding lying, theft and murder are no longer wrong?

Do you think about the gay twirl you regurgitate???

Snicker.
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17171 Mar 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...You can devise all the 'traditions' you'd like, the truth never changes...
Do you mean the "truth" like these, Genius?

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17172 Mar 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...
Do you think about the gay twirl you regurgitate???.
Do you think about the bigoted lies you regurgitate, Genius?

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17173 Mar 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have exposed over and over that the 'reality' you espouse is fabrication and distortion, directly opposed to the Holy Spirit.
The only thing you exposed, Kuntmary, is your bias. Everything else is a myth.

Smile, smirk, Kuntzinga.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17174 Mar 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your understanding lying, theft and murder are no longer wrong?
Do you think about the gay twirl you regurgitate???
Snicker.
All this wasted time on the internet. Do you ever contemplate your Sandy vagina?
Jake

Pekin, IL

#17175 Mar 17, 2013
Why does this go on and on?

Have none of you actually read the Bible?

It repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.

What is so hard to understand about this?
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17176 Mar 17, 2013
Jake wrote:
Why does this go on and on?
Have none of you actually read the Bible?
It repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
What is so hard to understand about this?
Hey David, you want another shot at answering these simple questions again?
What word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?(Hint: it's not sodomite.)

Robert

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17177 Mar 17, 2013
Jake wrote:
Why does this go on and on?
Have none of you actually read the Bible?
It repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
What is so hard to understand about this?
Jesus only gave lessons on compassion. I doubt Jesus cares about the nonsense you post David.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/3438.htm

http://www.jesuscentral.com/ji/jesus-parables...

http://whatthebibleteaches.com/wbt_164.htm

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

http://www.stalbans.org.nz/teachings/rob_yule...

http://www.explorefaith.org/livingspiritually...

http://dianagrayministries.net/bible/bso_comp...

http://bible.cc/matthew/20-34.htm

http://saltandlighttv.org/blog/rosicareflecti...

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/joyanyway/j...
Homo Empire

United States

#17178 Mar 17, 2013
Robb Barham
The Roman Empire
4 Orville Gardens
Leeds, West Yorkshire LS62BS GB
+44.01132781445

Admin ID: tua04t6xoIjOOEAs
[email protected] com

THEROMANEMPIRE.INFO [email protected] https://soundcloud.com/theromanempire
The Roman Empire
Leeds/Manchester, Britain (UK)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Roman-Empir...
http://theromanempire.info/shopping/images/tr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baker wants US Supreme Court to hear gay weddin... 44 min WeTheSheeple 7
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge (Aug '15) 1 hr swedenforever 513
News Connecticut's convention-goers head home, many ... 10 hr In Hillary Gays T... 1
News Can a new chief rabbi change the Israeli Rabbin... (Apr '13) 19 hr indict ELTON JOHN 17
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) 22 hr Eddie Munster 30
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Right On 31,932
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Thu Rose_NoHo 194
More from around the web