Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
15,061 - 15,080 of 24,738 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
For that you can blame to RevKen.
Peace
Man3, you are a fool.

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Straight Sh00ter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you get aroused from the smell of an outhouse? Is it because the outhouse smells like your loverboi? Yes it is, admit your scatophilia, it's the first step towards the cure.
When did I mention outhouse?
Funny that you would go there, I guessing you spend a lot of time in one?

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No shiteater, I don't have anything confused. You being a self proclaimed FAGG@T, it's what you do, su:ck down semen from your Co:ckSu:cking fetish and all the Sh!t you can eat while Llcking out your Queer lovers A$$hoIe. Nice try on the coverup though. You fking Pervert.

And you're jerking off thinking about it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text> You worthless shiteater.
Daily affirmations on the mirror?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

in*

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying little boys excites you. Uh, we already got that, but thanks for pointing that out.
Roberta, you sick perverted POS
Seems to me that you're the only sick MOFO that thinks such things.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
Did Jesus smirk?
Definition of SMIRK
intransitive verb
: to smile in an affected or smug manner : simper
transitive verb
Hmmm, I doubt it. He didn't seem to be an affected, smug, or simpering kind of guy.
Well,... I don't know about that.

Seems to me that if Jesus is reading the posts that KiMare is presenting on these threads, he might be inclined to let out a smirk.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you wrong once again FAGG@T, you're a very sick MOFO
NoIQ, you again forgot to say your favorite word, DICK.

Roberta (just for your little boy gay anal sex fantasies!)
Join Free
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well FAGG@T, if it was me, I might have. Now get back to your favorite dessert, Shit on a Dick
There you go! I knew you wouldn't miss a chance to say DICK.

Roberta (just for your little boy gay anal sex fantasies!)

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
No culture has accepted homosexuality from start to finish. This precedes the Judeo/Christian faiths. Moreover, citing an unknown Rabbi hardly makes a case. Especially when an overt reading of the instruction and examples of homosexuality in the Old and New Testaments clearly contradict the claim.
Smile.
YES!

What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?

One word can't be that hard to find, you made the claim. prove it.

Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.

Still waiting, again and again and again and again and again and again.....

Smile smirk wink waiting
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> You do know that toilet paper and paper towels are free in all those schools you troll in robsanbitch..... That way you can clean all that semen off that mouth and butt of yours at no extra cost..... Still a pathetic and stupid excuse for a urinal exam gone crooked.....(lol) You are still a boring "LITTLE" feces boy.... keep that janitor key close chomo....
Weak, lame and just plain stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Snicker is what happens when it pulls the chocolate and nuts out its anal cavity.... Snort is when the janitor key its has does not work...(hahahahahahahahahaha)
"... When the janitor key ITS has does not work..."?!?
Wow are you stupid.
Weak and lame, too.

Roberta/Robsana (just for your gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You begin with a whine and end with an insult. Kind of destroys your claim of indignation...
There is a difference to disagreements about interpretation and denial about what the Bible says.
I am simply pointing out that sexual morality in the Bible is consistent. Perhaps you have a interpretation about Genesis 1 & 2 that counters the clear design of marriage and procreation???
Moreover, on a scientific level, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are a direct and defective contradiction to very core goal of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Smile.
I'm not whining, i'm simply stating my point of view. You sir are the one being insulting considering your use of foul language.

I would like to point out that homosexuality has very little to do with morality. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are subjects of amorality when isolated. It is how someone behaves through sexuality which allows another person to judge whether that person is "moral" or not.

For instance; I myself am abstinant, not for religious or spiritual reasons but simply because I prefer not to engage in that sort of behaviour, I prefer more romantic pursuits with the same sex, such as eating out, watching TV etc etc etc. I also have never touched a drop of alcohol, taken recreational drugs or consciously broken the law.

Compare this example with a random heterosexual in Las Vegas on a saturday night, who presumably has had more than his or her fair share of alcohol and drugs, and has probably had numerous sexual encounters that week.

You can't reasonably say that just because the latter person is heterosexual that they are more moral than I am? My concluding point on the topic of homosexuality and morality being that you can't judge how "Moral" someone is simply by their sexual orientation. Also morality is a subjective area where people will see things differently, as i'm sure you and I do.

As for procreation; as humans we live in an evolutionary loophole. There are other ways for us to procreate,in western society gone are the days of hunting, foraging and worrying about survival (to a large extent). Now, if we were to go several thousand years back, I would agree with you that homosexuality doesn't help evolution.

However, in the present day the population is 7 billion strong, with huge genetic diversity where almost 1 in 10 heterosexual couples have issues with fertility. Would you deny marriage to the millions of couples who can't conceive? What about the elderly? Do they go against evolution?

Also, please bare in mind that "passing on ones genes" isn't really necessary these days. Think how much ones genetics are dilluted merely through each generation, also think upon how if one comes from a large family then one would already be connected in the evolutionary tree. What about if your children fail to reproduce? Surely your evolutionary tree would then be severed.

Lastly, your concept of "unmarriage" makes little sense, as in biblical terms a couple are married from the moment they consummate a relationship, which gay couples can do. Also marriage in itself is a social construct, which has little to do with evolution. Please take into account species which don't form lasting relationships and jump from partner to partner (i.e. bats, who have intercourse with each other regardless of gender in order to hope to reproduce).
Remus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not whining, i'm simply stating my point of view. You sir are the one being insulting considering your use of foul language.
I would like to point out that homosexuality has very little to do with morality. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are subjects of amorality when isolated. It is how someone behaves through sexuality which allows another person to judge whether that person is "moral" or not.
For instance; I myself am abstinant, not for religious or spiritual reasons but simply because I prefer not to engage in that sort of behaviour, I prefer more romantic pursuits with the same sex, such as eating out, watching TV etc etc etc. I also have never touched a drop of alcohol, taken recreational drugs or consciously broken the law.
Compare this example with a random heterosexual in Las Vegas on a saturday night, who presumably has had more than his or her fair share of alcohol and drugs, and has probably had numerous sexual encounters that week.
You can't reasonably say that just because the latter person is heterosexual that they are more moral than I am? My concluding point on the topic of homosexuality and morality being that you can't judge how "Moral" someone is simply by their sexual orientation. Also morality is a subjective area where people will see things differently, as i'm sure you and I do.
As for procreation; as humans we live in an evolutionary loophole. There are other ways for us to procreate,in western society gone are the days of hunting, foraging and worrying about survival (to a large extent). Now, if we were to go several thousand years back, I would agree with you that homosexuality doesn't help evolution.
However, in the present day the population is 7 billion strong, with huge genetic diversity where almost 1 in 10 heterosexual couples have issues with fertility. Would you deny marriage to the millions of couples who can't conceive? What about the elderly? Do they go against evolution?
Also, please bare in mind that "passing on ones genes" isn't really necessary these days. Think how much ones genetics are dilluted merely through each generation, also think upon how if one comes from a large family then one would already be connected in the evolutionary tree. What about if your children fail to reproduce? Surely your evolutionary tree would then be severed.
Lastly, your concept of "unmarriage" makes little sense, as in biblical terms a couple are married from the moment they consummate a relationship, which gay couples can do. Also marriage in itself is a social construct, which has little to do with evolution. Please take into account species which don't form lasting relationships and jump from partner to partner (i.e. bats, who have intercourse with each other regardless of gender in order to hope to reproduce).
Awesome avatar, did you draw that?
Remus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself am abstinant, not for religious or spiritual reasons but simply because I prefer not to engage in that sort of behaviour, I prefer more romantic pursuits with the same sex, such as eating out, watching TV etc etc etc. I also have never touched a drop of alcohol, taken recreational drugs or consciously broken the law.
Wow! Can I touch you?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"... When the janitor key ITS has does not work..."?!?
Wow are you stupid.
Weak and lame, too.
Roberta/Robsana (just for your gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Yess little preschool diaper collector and feces eatersand.... Keep those keys and that supply of candy handy for all those school girl/boy dates you hope to bribe....Stupid little WAB.....:)
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Yess little preschool diaper collector and feces eatersand.... Keep those keys and that supply of candy handy for all those school girl/boy dates you hope to bribe....Stupid little WAB.....:)
"Yess"?!?
Still weak, lame and just plain stupid.

Roberta/Robsana ( just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
....extent). Now, if we were to go several thousand years back, I would agree with you that homosexuality doesn't help evolution.
Also, please bare in mind that "passing on ones genes" isn't really n...your evolutionary tree would then be severed.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I was reacting to what I consider a judgment of the Bible that is not accurate. I still think you have a very negative opinion without understanding. Something you might want to consider.

I agree with you that homosexuality in and of itself is amoral. I don't thing it is a choice except in rare cases.

I was not speaking of my opinion of morality or yours. I was simply saying that sexual morality in the Bible is very clear and consistent. It is meant to be expressed within the bounds of marriage between a man and woman.

As to evolution and homosexuality, your assertion that it is a method of population control is simply unscientific and unnecessary. War and starvation have beat homosexuality to the punch regarding population control, and will continue to do so.

I would suggest you read up on mating behavior and the degree of influence it has on animal and human life.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you also have some incorrect ideas about genetics and DNA.

Finally, I did not speak of the cross cultural constraint of marriage in the Biblical sense, but rather a scientific perspective.

However, your assertion that intercourse 'consummates' a Biblical marriage is untrue. It is true that the Bible asserts there is much more than just a physical union when sex occurs.

From the perspective of evolution and mating behavior, homosexuality is a defective conflict with the primary goal. That is simply a fact.

I am an old man who is still learning, I would suggest that you hold the same attitude, especially at your age.

Smile.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
I was reacting to what I consider a judgment of the Bible that is not accurate. I still think you have a very negative opinion without understanding. Something you might want to consider.
I agree with you that homosexuality in and of itself is amoral. I don't thing it is a choice except in rare cases.
I was not speaking of my opinion of morality or yours. I was simply saying that sexual morality in the Bible is very clear and consistent. It is meant to be expressed within the bounds of marriage between a man and woman.
As to evolution and homosexuality, your assertion that it is a method of population control is simply unscientific and unnecessary. War and starvation have beat homosexuality to the punch regarding population control, and will continue to do so.
I would suggest you read up on mating behavior and the degree of influence it has on animal and human life.
I'm not trying to be rude, but you also have some incorrect ideas about genetics and DNA.
Finally, I did not speak of the cross cultural constraint of marriage in the Biblical sense, but rather a scientific perspective.
However, your assertion that intercourse 'consummates' a Biblical marriage is untrue. It is true that the Bible asserts there is much more than just a physical union when sex occurs.
From the perspective of evolution and mating behavior, homosexuality is a defective conflict with the primary goal. That is simply a fact.
I am an old man who is still learning, I would suggest that you hold the same attitude, especially at your age.
Smile.
Genius,
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort (there you go, NoIQ, guzzling more of my cum!)

Robert
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yess"?!?
Still weak, lame and just plain stupid.
Roberta/Robsana ( just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s as opposeto know no.......... You will never understand that unless the internet keeps up forever you will be a low watt bulb that never does quite have enough brightness to be worth anything usedrubbersandbitch.... Keep that anal gland full of snickers,sun and "SAND"..... Little wab.....:) "CHUCKLE CHUCKLE".... Mr. janitor stealing key chain used tissue "BOY"......:) Chortle chortle......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••