Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,032

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
Remus

United States

#16811 Feb 19, 2013
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself am abstinant, not for religious or spiritual reasons but simply because I prefer not to engage in that sort of behaviour, I prefer more romantic pursuits with the same sex, such as eating out, watching TV etc etc etc. I also have never touched a drop of alcohol, taken recreational drugs or consciously broken the law.
Wow! Can I touch you?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16812 Feb 19, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"... When the janitor key ITS has does not work..."?!?
Wow are you stupid.
Weak and lame, too.
Roberta/Robsana (just for your gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Yess little preschool diaper collector and feces eatersand.... Keep those keys and that supply of candy handy for all those school girl/boy dates you hope to bribe....Stupid little WAB.....:)
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16813 Feb 19, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Yess little preschool diaper collector and feces eatersand.... Keep those keys and that supply of candy handy for all those school girl/boy dates you hope to bribe....Stupid little WAB.....:)
"Yess"?!?
Still weak, lame and just plain stupid.

Roberta/Robsana ( just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16814 Feb 19, 2013
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not whining, i'm simply stating my point of view. You sir are the one being insulting considering your use of foul language.
I would like to point out that homosexuality has very little to do with morality. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are subjects of amorality when isolated. It is how someone behaves through sexuality which allows another person to judge whether that person is "moral" or not.
For instance; I myself am abstinant, not for religious or spiritual reasons but simply because I prefer not to engage in that sort of behaviour, I prefer more romantic pursuits with the same sex, such as eating out, watching TV etc etc etc. I also have never touched a drop of alcohol, taken recreational drugs or consciously broken the law.
Compare this example with a random heterosexual in Las Vegas on a saturday night, who presumably has had more than his or her fair share of alcohol and drugs, and has probably had numerous sexual encounters that week.
You can't reasonably say that just because the latter person is heterosexual that they are more moral than I am? My concluding point on the topic of homosexuality and morality being that you can't judge how "Moral" someone is simply by their sexual orientation. Also morality is a subjective area where people will see things differently, as i'm sure you and I do.
....extent). Now, if we were to go several thousand years back, I would agree with you that homosexuality doesn't help evolution.
However, in the present day the population is 7 billion strong, with huge genetic diversity where almost 1 in 10 heterosexual couples have issues with fertility. Would you deny marriage to the millions of couples who can't conceive? What about the elderly? Do they go against evolution?
Also, please bare in mind that "passing on ones genes" isn't really n...your evolutionary tree would then be severed.
Lastly, your concept of "unmarriage" makes little sense, as in biblical terms a couple are married from the moment they consummate a relationship, which gay couples can do. Also marriage in itself is a social construct, which has little to do with evolution. Please take into account species which don't form lasting relationships and jump from partner to partner (i.e. bats, who have intercourse with each other regardless of gender in order to hope to reproduce).
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I was reacting to what I consider a judgment of the Bible that is not accurate. I still think you have a very negative opinion without understanding. Something you might want to consider.

I agree with you that homosexuality in and of itself is amoral. I don't thing it is a choice except in rare cases.

I was not speaking of my opinion of morality or yours. I was simply saying that sexual morality in the Bible is very clear and consistent. It is meant to be expressed within the bounds of marriage between a man and woman.

As to evolution and homosexuality, your assertion that it is a method of population control is simply unscientific and unnecessary. War and starvation have beat homosexuality to the punch regarding population control, and will continue to do so.

I would suggest you read up on mating behavior and the degree of influence it has on animal and human life.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you also have some incorrect ideas about genetics and DNA.

Finally, I did not speak of the cross cultural constraint of marriage in the Biblical sense, but rather a scientific perspective.

However, your assertion that intercourse 'consummates' a Biblical marriage is untrue. It is true that the Bible asserts there is much more than just a physical union when sex occurs.

From the perspective of evolution and mating behavior, homosexuality is a defective conflict with the primary goal. That is simply a fact.

I am an old man who is still learning, I would suggest that you hold the same attitude, especially at your age.

Smile.
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16815 Feb 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was reacting to what I consider a judgment of the Bible that is not accurate. I still think you have a very negative opinion without understanding. Something you might want to consider.
I agree with you that homosexuality in and of itself is amoral. I don't thing it is a choice except in rare cases.
I was not speaking of my opinion of morality or yours. I was simply saying that sexual morality in the Bible is very clear and consistent. It is meant to be expressed within the bounds of marriage between a man and woman.
As to evolution and homosexuality, your assertion that it is a method of population control is simply unscientific and unnecessary. War and starvation have beat homosexuality to the punch regarding population control, and will continue to do so.
I would suggest you read up on mating behavior and the degree of influence it has on animal and human life.
I'm not trying to be rude, but you also have some incorrect ideas about genetics and DNA.
Finally, I did not speak of the cross cultural constraint of marriage in the Biblical sense, but rather a scientific perspective.
However, your assertion that intercourse 'consummates' a Biblical marriage is untrue. It is true that the Bible asserts there is much more than just a physical union when sex occurs.
From the perspective of evolution and mating behavior, homosexuality is a defective conflict with the primary goal. That is simply a fact.
I am an old man who is still learning, I would suggest that you hold the same attitude, especially at your age.
Smile.
Genius,
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort (there you go, NoIQ, guzzling more of my cum!)

Robert
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16816 Feb 19, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yess"?!?
Still weak, lame and just plain stupid.
Roberta/Robsana ( just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s as opposeto know no.......... You will never understand that unless the internet keeps up forever you will be a low watt bulb that never does quite have enough brightness to be worth anything usedrubbersandbitch.... Keep that anal gland full of snickers,sun and "SAND"..... Little wab.....:) "CHUCKLE CHUCKLE".... Mr. janitor stealing key chain used tissue "BOY"......:) Chortle chortle......
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16817 Feb 19, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius,
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.
Snicker Snort (there you go, NoIQ, guzzling more of my cum!)
Robert
Either god or adam would have shot you all over the scripture..... Little SAB.......:)
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16818 Feb 19, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s as opposeto know no.......... You will never understand that unless the internet keeps up forever you will be a low watt bulb that never does quite have enough brightness to be worth anything usedrubbersandbitch.... Keep that anal gland full of snickers,sun and "SAND"..... Little wab.....:) "CHUCKLE CHUCKLE".... Mr. janitor stealing key chain used tissue "BOY"......:) Chortle chortle......
"...opposeto..."?!?
Please post anything that isn't weak, lame and just plain stupid.
I dare you.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Join Free

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#16821 Feb 20, 2013
This woman GETS IT! A bit of a long read but she nails it!

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/nurse-dest...
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16823 Feb 20, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
I just want to say, I'm an IDlOT, I like anal sex, I am a firm believer in the bible and I believe in God. I can't openly admit it because of my lifestyle and my fellow gays. Had to get this off my chest.
I feel so much better now.
Robert, no fantasies, just reality.
See, if you're gonna post contradictory statements like this, then no one will believe it's me.
"I can't openly admit it, except when I openly admit it"?!?
Next!

Robert
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16824 Feb 20, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"...opposeto..."?!?
Please post anything that isn't weak, lame and just plain stupid.
I dare you.
Either god or adam would have shot you all over the bible..
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16825 Feb 20, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
I just want to say, I'm an IDlOT, I like anal sex, I am a firm believer in the bible and I believe in God. I can't openly admit it because of my lifestyle and my fellow gays. Had to get this off my chest.
I feel so much better now.
Robert, no fantasies, just reality.
Finally the janitor following pedo anal head admits it....

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#16826 Feb 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
I hold the same opinion as you do in terms of the Bible. The Bible does clearly state that marriage is between a man and a woman. And it is pretty clear in terms of it's restrictions on sexual morality.

However.

One must also bear in mind that marriage in itself predates christianity, and indeed all other abrahamic religions, and that homosexuality has been widely accepted by a multitude of cultures, where it is not seen as immoral.

I agree with you about evolution, however I just don't understand why that is a necessary argument in terms of modern society. As in the present day those of us lucky enough to live in prosperity in the western world don't have to "fight to survive" or worry about starvation. Therefore, as we live in a loophole to Darwin's theory, why should it matter whom we mate with aslong as it is legal and consenting?

From a scientific perspective, homosexuality is a gray area, because the cause of it hasn't been pinpointed, however many scientists believe it to be a mixture of genetic and environmental influences that cause it. By being on the homosexual spectrum to an extent, I am able to sympathise with those who are homosexual, lesbian, pansexual, transgendered, and so on. Because I know how it feels to be outside the "hetero-normative" of this world. And I can honestly say that it is painful, to know that you are different to everyone else, and that you will always be that one "gay" or whatever person in the eyes of everyone else. All the "LGBT community" want, from my experience, is just to be treated fairly and tolerated to an extent.

In terms of genetics and DNA, now THAT is a whole other topic. Due to things such as Le Chapelle's syndrome and other genetic disorders which can skew one's idea of what is "male" or "female", and in consequence make it difficult for one to pinpoint what is "homosexual" or "heterosexual".
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16827 Feb 20, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
This woman GETS IT! A bit of a long read but she nails it!
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/nurse-dest...
TMI! Please, maybe you to summer-ize?

Peace

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16828 Feb 20, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
in*
No. You were probably right with "on."
Robsan5

United States

#16829 Feb 20, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Either god or adam would have shot you all over the bible..
Weak, lame and just plain stupid.

Robert/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Robsan5

United States

#16830 Feb 20, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Finally the janitor following pedo anal head admits it....
Please, post something that isn't weak, lame and just plain stupid.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#16831 Feb 20, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
TMI! Please, maybe you to summer-ize?
Peace
From Rev. Susan Russell...and the LITERALISTS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-susan-russe...
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16832 Feb 20, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak, lame and just plain stupid.
Robert/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
But oh sooooo funny and yet TRUE...... Again you always have NOTHING in the tank..... Keep drinking used thong juice and praying for a fudge freedom fest....:)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16833 Feb 20, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, post something that isn't weak, lame and just plain stupid.
Why anal face preschool kid molester?????? How about that god was really just a guy with long hair and was stoned when he wrote the bible..... That would be boring and would not upset you.....:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End of the road for Freedom to Marry, NOM? 25 min Rick in Kansas 1
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 40 min NorCal Native 38
Study: Gay marriages could help Arkansas economy 2 hr Christian Taliban 1
Evangelicals with gay children challenging church 2 hr nhjeff 24
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 9 hr Matt9969 74
Same-sex marriage could increase Minnesota's an... 11 hr Liberal Lover 6
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 15 hr Just Asking 31,423

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE