Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 752)

Showing posts 15,021 - 15,040 of24,669
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth..."
Genesis 2:22-24 (NASB)
The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
Here are some clear conclusions we find in these first two chapters of the Bible.
1. God created man and woman as a reflection of Him. Not man and man, not woman and woman, but male and female.
2. God created them with the specific purpose of procreation. Interestingly, the very primary goal of evolution's mating behavior!
3. In the second description we find that what was once a simple genderless life form, God divided into genders. Again, a concise confirmation of the process of evolution; simple genderless life forms evolving into genders. But again, certainly not an evolution into duplicate genders...
4. But now catch this; God REUNITES the divided life form BACK into a single life form in the form of marriage! This at the very fundamental beginning of human life. And still, NOTHING that even remotely indicates a purpose or even presence of gay couples. No design or plan for homosexuality.
Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
YES!

What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?

One word can't be that hard to find, you made the claim. prove it.

Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.

Still waiting, again and again.....

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
One word can't be that hard to find, you made the claim. prove it.
Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.
Still waiting, again and again.....
Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill believes that the Hebrew word that orginally conveyed the concept of what we today refer to as "homosexual" is the word &#1505;&#1512;&#14 97;&#1505; (saris), commonly translated "eunuch".

Simply put, homosexuality is defined as a man desiring another man for his sexual partner. In ancient times, a eunuch was chosen to guard the king's harem. The eunuch could be trusted to guard a king's harem, often because he had been castrated and could not produce offspring.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

albert wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have the name, fluffybutt??
Is it because, you being a queer, likes to fluff up your butt before taking a d!ck up it??
Another failed graduate from Kimare's School of Comedy for Trolls. I hope the tuition didn't set you back too much.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Genius. Exactly where does it say that woman is created in the image of god? I can see where it says twice that man is created in the image of god, but your quote only says that woman was created.
Please, feel free to add anything you want to the bible.
And what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
The very first verse you quoted. 1:27.

Male and female.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Given that Adam was a man, and god the took a rib from him and made Eve, She would have then been a man. Its all in the DNA. Who was Adams first wife?
http://www.google.com/url...
All life evolved from simple genderless life forms. You didn't know that?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them...
Here are some clear conclusions we find in these first two chapters of the Bible.
1. God created man and woman as a reflection of Him....
Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
Genius, where in the bible does it say that "God created woman in his image"? Your post only says "male and female he created them", which leaves woman on the same footing as all the other animals.
What word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946? And why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, where in the bible does it say that "God created woman in his image"? Your post only says "male and female he created them", which leaves woman on the same footing as all the other animals.
What word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946? And why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
P&S.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> P&S.
Still looking for that willpower, stalker boy?

Robert
Join Free
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still looking for that willpower, stalker boy?
Robert
Whatever you say stained tampon..
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

"Chuckle"chuckle "
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
"Chuckle"chuckle "
Got sent home early again from Thomas Edison Junior High school?
Too bad, "your" probably not gonna pass eighth grade again.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, stalker boy!)
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
All life evolved from simple genderless life forms. You didn't know that?
Smile.
0 for 35.
Adam didn't evolve, Genius. And no where in the bible does it say he was genderless.
What word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got sent home early again from Thomas Edison Junior High school?
Too bad, "your" probably not gonna pass eighth grade again.
Finsih eating all those preschool dirty diapers fagsandwich..... Next time just keep the janitor closet locked chomo.....

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Finsih eating all those preschool dirty diapers fagsandwich..... Next time just keep the janitor closet locked chomo.....
Wow, what a shocker!?! You've reverted back to scat humor. Are the residents at the group home all gathered around your rocker and snickering with glee?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a shocker!?! You've reverted back to scat humor. Are the residents at the group home all gathered around your rocker and snickering with glee?
Awww you feel left out because you got skipped on prozac and anal feces meds..... Thats right!!!!!!!!!! I don't give a shit if its scat,crap sap or assnine humor..... That last word's prefix describing what i think you usually kiss and eat......(lol) Stupid FAB.....
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Finsih eating all those preschool dirty diapers fagsandwich..... Next time just keep the janitor closet locked chomo.....
No willpower, stalker boy?
Maybe when you get to the ninth grade...
If you get there, that is...

Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Awww you feel left out because you got skipped on prozac and anal feces meds..... Thats right!!!!!!!!!! I don't give a shit if its scat,crap sap or assnine humor..... That last word's prefix describing what i think you usually kiss and eat......(lol) Stupid FAB.....
"Assnine"?!? Still adding words to "your" Dictionary of "Mispelled" Words, Village Idiot?

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" obsession with gay anal sex, Village Idiot!)

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are spouting uneducated misinformation you've read elsewhere and know nothing about personally.
When challenged to defend it, you duck.
I'm fully ready to answer any assertions I made.
Smile.
You haven't made any assertation.

You've simply used rude language in order to diminish my argument.

And I haven't ducked away from defending my argument because all of your replies have failed to acknowledge my argument, you simply insult me by attempting to provoke a rude response to your rather rude posts.

My argument is that the Bible is open to interpretation, you should respect the views of others, it is against christian religion to persecute the "meek" and judge each other ("judge not lest ye yourself be judged"), and there are certain sects of christianity which support homosexuality.

I also put forward the argument that since homosexuality and homosexual relationships and marriage actually predate Christianity this argument is pretty much irrelevant.

What exactly IS your argument? Because as of yet you have failed to put forward a reply containing any intellectual substance.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
"Finsih"?!? More words for "your" Dictionary of "Mispelled" Words. But you can spell janitor and closet just fine. I wonder why?
Wow are you Weak, Lame and just plain Stupid. Still.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are spouting uneducated misinformation you've read elsewhere and know nothing about personally.
When challenged to defend it, you duck.
I'm fully ready to answer any assertions I made.
Smile.
Here's what you wrote,Genius:
"Honey, you clearly don't know sh/t about the Bible, let alone the laws and not to mention comparing anything to the Nazi's.

I assert you have posted someone else's thinking and are incapable of defending any single aspect of it."
Prove your assertion that she read it some where else.
And what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Wow are you stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,021 - 15,040 of24,669
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••