Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34128 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Robsan5

United States

#16684 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you clearly don't know sh/t about the Bible, let alone the laws and not to mention comparing anything to the Nazi's.
I assert you have posted someone else's thinking and are incapable of defending any single aspect of it.
Smile.
Genius, we're still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and your defense of why homosexual is a better translation. In context, of course. Unless you're unable, that is...

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Gregory twirls and spins

Burlington, WI

#16685 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, we're still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and your defense of why homosexual is a better translation. In context, of course. Unless you're unable, that is...
Snicker Snort.
Robert
He's unable. You've rendered him impotant.
Gregory twirls and spins

Burlington, WI

#16686 Feb 17, 2013
impotent too.

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#16687 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you clearly don't know sh/t about the Bible, let alone the laws and not to mention comparing anything to the Nazi's.
I assert you have posted someone else's thinking and are incapable of defending any single aspect of it.
Smile.
I love how you have to resort to foul language in an attempt to discredit my argument, yet at the same time your rather rude response didn't actually counter to acknowledge any of my points.

Why?

Because you are unable to justify your hatred and you are merely regurgitating hateful thoughts fed to you from twisted sources.

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#16688 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Actually i'm asserting widely held modern beliefs with my own twist on them. You can't really downplay my argument just because it is held by other people. Also the terms "pot" and "kettle" come to mind considering how you are defending a 2000-year-old text which is filled with hypocrisy.
Robsan5

United States

#16689 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, spelling "ad hominem" with your anti-homosexual slant is itself an ad hominem attack.
So what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Su:ck d!ck eat Sh!t.
Robert
Alternate universe gay Robert, is everyone in your world really as obsessed with oral/fecal sex as you are?
Over here, the only people really obsessed with oral/fecal sex to your level are people we call "homophobes".

Robert
Mick

Pekin, IL

#16690 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Perhaps this is over your head, since yesterday you thought it was Hebrew. Give it a try and see how ignorant the argument you are referencing really is:

http://www.equip.org/articles/is-arsenokoitai...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16691 Feb 17, 2013
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps this is over your head, since yesterday you thought it was Hebrew. Give it a try and see how ignorant the argument you are referencing really is:
http://www.equip.org/articles/is-arsenokoitai...
I see. Christian bigots are still finding way to justify their horrible behavior.

Thanks David.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16693 Feb 17, 2013
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i'm asserting widely held modern beliefs with my own twist on them. You can't really downplay my argument just because it is held by other people. Also the terms "pot" and "kettle" come to mind considering how you are defending a 2000-year-old text which is filled with hypocrisy.
Actually you are spouting uneducated misinformation you've read elsewhere and know nothing about personally.

When challenged to defend it, you duck.

I'm fully ready to answer any assertions I made.

Smile.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#16694 Feb 17, 2013
Akmedsupply wrote:
The bible does speak of men laying with men and women laying with women as an abomination in the eyes of god.......!
Well, it's not so good if they are straight, but perfectly normal if they were gay.

So, which is it, based on the context of those Scriptures? Were those being admonished straight, or were they gay?

Location hidden

#16695 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are spouting uneducated misinformation you've read elsewhere and know nothing about personally.
Smile.
You aren't Christian, so what's it to you? It's not like you have any desire whatsoever to be a winsome light that draws people to God.

You are about as far from that ideal as possible.

So, why pretend you are something you are not?

At least be honest.

Location hidden

#16696 Feb 17, 2013
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you have to resort to foul language in an attempt to discredit my argument, yet at the same time your rather rude response didn't actually counter to acknowledge any of my points.
Why?
Because you are unable to justify your hatred and you are merely regurgitating hateful thoughts fed to you from twisted sources.
And Kimare pretends to be Christian.

It has never made sense.
Robsan5

United States

#16697 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
0 for 40, Genius. Prove she read it elsewhere.
So what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort

Robert
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16698 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never made sense.
Yet anal sex makes perfect sense to you.
Robsan5

United States

#16700 Feb 17, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet anal sex makes perfect sense to you.
Yet nothing makes sense to you, Man3.

You are a fool.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16701 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
I'm a homophobe, I'm afraid of my own kind. I still like to get my Sh!t packed and su:ck a good Sh!t covered d!ck
Su:ck d!ck eat Sh!t
Robert
NoIQ, you really have to stop obsessing over gay anal sex. Do you ever leave your mom's basement?

Roberta (just for your gay anal sex fantasies!)
Barry Bali

Denpasar, Indonesia

#16703 Feb 17, 2013
If I believed in God, I would nominate him/her/it for the Nobel prize. First, for putting so many irresistible penises and vulvas in the world, and second, for allowing me to fondle and suck so many of 'em.

Location hidden

#16704 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's not so good if they are straight, but perfectly normal if they were gay.
So, which is it, based on the context of those Scriptures? Were those being admonished straight, or were they gay?
By the context of design and instruction in the very first chapters of the Bible, that behavior was forbidden by anyone.

Always been clear to most people even outside the Judeo/Christian ethic.

Location hidden

#16705 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't Christian, so what's it to you? It's not like you have any desire whatsoever to be a winsome light that draws people to God.
You are about as far from that ideal as possible.
So, why pretend you are something you are not?
At least be honest.
You sound angry...

What you are discovering is that truth and love and wisdom are united.

You might discover me as someone different on the other side of denial...

Smile.

Location hidden

#16706 Feb 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never made sense.
I never pretended any such thing.

I have said I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist is with a smirk.

Is that an evil thing to do? Or a good thing?

SMile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 31 min Termiraider 5,507
News Inside Ted Cruz's new war on the Supreme Court 1 hr Chicopee 7
News Polygamous Montana trio applies for wedding lic... 3 hr Poof1 77
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 3 hr angie 214
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 3 hr Dan 46
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 3 hr inside voice 110
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 4 hr woodtick57 208
More from around the web