Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,941 - 14,960 of 24,860 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
The zealous homophobic argument:
- Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Therefore it is wrong to be gay. Therefore I am able to justify my hatred towards you.
Reasonable modern argument:
-The same part of the Bible that condemns homosexuality is the same part that condemns shrimp, pork, haircuts, shaving, wearing two different fabrics and planting two different seeds in the same field.
- Anyone who follows Leviticus to the letter in modern society would rightly be locked away in a mental institution
- Christianity is only one of many religions, and the Bible itself is open to many interpretations.
- The Christian Bible carries the overall view of not judging people and loving each other. Judgement should be saved for God etc.
- Homosexuality, Homosexual relationships, and Homosexual marriages have been widely recorded in history and predates Christianity by thousands of years.
- Not everyone shares the views portrayed by Christians, and many Christians do not have an issue with homosexuality. It is against your own religion and also that of western society to impose hateful views on others (imposing hateful views is similar to the Nazi party in the late 30s...)
Honey, you clearly don't know sh/t about the Bible, let alone the laws and not to mention comparing anything to the Nazi's.

I assert you have posted someone else's thinking and are incapable of defending any single aspect of it.

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you clearly don't know sh/t about the Bible, let alone the laws and not to mention comparing anything to the Nazi's.
I assert you have posted someone else's thinking and are incapable of defending any single aspect of it.
Smile.
Genius, we're still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and your defense of why homosexual is a better translation. In context, of course. Unless you're unable, that is...

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Gregory twirls and spins

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, we're still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and your defense of why homosexual is a better translation. In context, of course. Unless you're unable, that is...
Snicker Snort.
Robert
He's unable. You've rendered him impotant.
Gregory twirls and spins

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

impotent too.

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
I love how you have to resort to foul language in an attempt to discredit my argument, yet at the same time your rather rude response didn't actually counter to acknowledge any of my points.

Why?

Because you are unable to justify your hatred and you are merely regurgitating hateful thoughts fed to you from twisted sources.

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Actually i'm asserting widely held modern beliefs with my own twist on them. You can't really downplay my argument just because it is held by other people. Also the terms "pot" and "kettle" come to mind considering how you are defending a 2000-year-old text which is filled with hypocrisy.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, spelling "ad hominem" with your anti-homosexual slant is itself an ad hominem attack.
So what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Su:ck d!ck eat Sh!t.
Robert
Alternate universe gay Robert, is everyone in your world really as obsessed with oral/fecal sex as you are?
Over here, the only people really obsessed with oral/fecal sex to your level are people we call "homophobes".

Robert
Mick

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Perhaps this is over your head, since yesterday you thought it was Hebrew. Give it a try and see how ignorant the argument you are referencing really is:

http://www.equip.org/articles/is-arsenokoitai...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Mick wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps this is over your head, since yesterday you thought it was Hebrew. Give it a try and see how ignorant the argument you are referencing really is:
http://www.equip.org/articles/is-arsenokoitai...
I see. Christian bigots are still finding way to justify their horrible behavior.

Thanks David.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i'm asserting widely held modern beliefs with my own twist on them. You can't really downplay my argument just because it is held by other people. Also the terms "pot" and "kettle" come to mind considering how you are defending a 2000-year-old text which is filled with hypocrisy.
Actually you are spouting uneducated misinformation you've read elsewhere and know nothing about personally.

When challenged to defend it, you duck.

I'm fully ready to answer any assertions I made.

Smile.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Akmedsupply wrote:
The bible does speak of men laying with men and women laying with women as an abomination in the eyes of god.......!
Well, it's not so good if they are straight, but perfectly normal if they were gay.

So, which is it, based on the context of those Scriptures? Were those being admonished straight, or were they gay?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are spouting uneducated misinformation you've read elsewhere and know nothing about personally.
Smile.
You aren't Christian, so what's it to you? It's not like you have any desire whatsoever to be a winsome light that draws people to God.

You are about as far from that ideal as possible.

So, why pretend you are something you are not?

At least be honest.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you have to resort to foul language in an attempt to discredit my argument, yet at the same time your rather rude response didn't actually counter to acknowledge any of my points.
Why?
Because you are unable to justify your hatred and you are merely regurgitating hateful thoughts fed to you from twisted sources.
And Kimare pretends to be Christian.

It has never made sense.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
0 for 40, Genius. Prove she read it elsewhere.
So what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort

Robert
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And Kimare pretends to be Christian.
It has never made sense.
Yet anal sex makes perfect sense to you.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet anal sex makes perfect sense to you.
Yet nothing makes sense to you, Man3.

You are a fool.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
I'm a homophobe, I'm afraid of my own kind. I still like to get my Sh!t packed and su:ck a good Sh!t covered d!ck
Su:ck d!ck eat Sh!t
Robert
NoIQ, you really have to stop obsessing over gay anal sex. Do you ever leave your mom's basement?

Roberta (just for your gay anal sex fantasies!)
Barry Bali

Denpasar, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

If I believed in God, I would nominate him/her/it for the Nobel prize. First, for putting so many irresistible penises and vulvas in the world, and second, for allowing me to fondle and suck so many of 'em.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's not so good if they are straight, but perfectly normal if they were gay.
So, which is it, based on the context of those Scriptures? Were those being admonished straight, or were they gay?
By the context of design and instruction in the very first chapters of the Bible, that behavior was forbidden by anyone.

Always been clear to most people even outside the Judeo/Christian ethic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't Christian, so what's it to you? It's not like you have any desire whatsoever to be a winsome light that draws people to God.
You are about as far from that ideal as possible.
So, why pretend you are something you are not?
At least be honest.
You sound angry...

What you are discovering is that truth and love and wisdom are united.

You might discover me as someone different on the other side of denial...

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••