Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 20 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16631 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are obviously very fond of your Snicker
Does your priest, pastor, elder or whatever suck it off for you?
Do you return the favour?
And this folks is the height of a dicks moral intelligence...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#16632 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, you are just incapable of posting anything that is true, aren't you?
0 for 33.
The biblical account says nothing about "glowing". Much less 'blue glow'.
"30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him."
0 for 34.
You assume there are other types of "glowing" radiation. That doesn't make it true.
0 for 35.
Neutrinos pass through the earth without slowing down, so hiding in a rock will offer no protection at all.
Logic just ain't your thing, is it?
What word was replaced by the word homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
http://econgeol.geoscienceworld.org/content/5...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16633 Feb 15, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
One word can't be that hard to find, you made the claim. prove it.
Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.
Still waiting, again and again.....
Please, show me where I made any such assertion.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16634 Feb 15, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> the Jews are the worst.. The damn Rothschilds and damn Israel.. worthless.. their behind all the bullshit, with their curly sideburns.. and Christians.. what sheeps.. they think they're so smart don't they?? Ur probably one.. the Christians are so full of themselves, they act like they're better than others, ur doing it right now with ur sarcasm n ur smirks.. isn't behavior like that frowned upon?? Don't they say not to be like that in ur "good book??" they think they kno it all, if they only knew how badly they were holding us back as a species.. what a bunch if wussies.. afraid to live their lives in fear of the almighty.. get, if there's a god, how come he let David Parker Ray kidnap, torture, rape, and kill dozens of women for decades in N.M.??? He was worse than a lot of serial killers.. With his trailor he called his "toy box" with his gynological chair n his chains n saws n tools.. Then when they finally caught him, he dropped dead from a heart attack. Never served a day of his punishment.. Oh, let me guess... The lord works in mysterious ways right??
I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

I sink the knife of reality into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk.

If life is the sum of this world, then certainly justice is a dream. On the other hand, if this life is simply a point in eternity, you have seriously misjudged your Maker.

Are you a betting man?

Snicker.

Location hidden

#16635 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Re - the Jewish culture is an expression of that suppression?
The Jewish account of their seizure and ethnic cleansing of the so-called promised land is extremely graphic and matches their ethnic cleansing of Palestine from 1946 onwards.
Re - the good works that permeate the world because of Christians
Name a few.
You might want to look at the historical record of the Canaanites...

As the leader of Israel just said, "If you take all the weapons from the Israelites, Israel will cease to exist. If you take all the weapons from the Palestinians, war will cease to exist." This ignores the fact that the world restored Israel to it's homeland in 1946.

You also ignore this;

http://www.masada2000.org/nobel.html

I already gave you an example of current Christian behavior.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16636 Feb 15, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
These are not your personal opinions?
Folks we have here the amazing three nipple vagina man acting as the ultimate Bible authority.
Sorry, I'm not buying it.
Please, which comment specifically was my 'personal opinion'?

I harbor no claim of Biblical authority. I simply state accurately what it says.

Smile.

“"Do what thou will."”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16637 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
I sink the knife of reality into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk.
If life is the sum of this world, then certainly justice is a dream. On the other hand, if this life is simply a point in eternity, you have seriously misjudged your Maker.
Are you a betting man?
Snicker.
justice is a myth. Anyone living on this planet should be able to see that. I don't completely agree with either scenario, nor must I. What makes u think u have it all figured out? Are u a diety? Perhaps neither of ur scenarios are correct.. perhaps u don't kno any more than I do..

Location hidden

#16638 Feb 15, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> justice is a myth. Anyone living on this planet should be able to see that. I don't completely agree with either scenario, nor must I. What makes u think u have it all figured out? Are u a diety? Perhaps neither of ur scenarios are correct.. perhaps u don't kno any more than I do..
You have some other options in mind?

I like to learn.

Smile.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16639 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I harbor no claim of Biblical authority. I simply state accurately what it says.
Smile.
So you are denying this to be your personal opinion?

"With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design,... "

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16640 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to look at the historical record of the Canaanites...
As the leader of Israel just said, "If you take all the weapons from the Israelites, Israel will cease to exist. If you take all the weapons from the Palestinians, war will cease to exist." This ignores the fact that the world restored Israel to it's homeland in 1946.
You also ignore this;
http://www.masada2000.org/nobel.html
Smile.
A boatload of Zionists arrived in Palestine at the end of WWII. They took over and established the state of Israel. So what? What does any of this have to do with either the Canaanites or the Bible?
Robsan5

United States

#16643 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
You haven't yet, Genius.
0 for 35.

"Radioactive Alien"?!? Yeah, that is EXACTLY what the bible says.

Wow are you stupid.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16644 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Your bigotry and ignorance are all the example we need.
0 for 36.
What word replaced homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#16645 Feb 15, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> I was joking.. nobody goes to heaven or hell. "from the dust we came, and to the dust we shall return.." that's the truest shit right there.. believe whatever u want, ur still gonna be wormfood when u die.. that's all.. we're all just essentially stardust.. we all gonna rot in the ground.. murderers and child molesters and good hearted christians alike..
While your physical body will disintegrate as you say, your soul does not die. And you do not have to be a Christina to believe that.

Location hidden

#16647 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are denying this to be your personal opinion?
"With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design,... "
Absolutely.

It is a statement of fact.

You can easily disprove it as a fact, by quoting a verse from Genesis 1 that indicates homosexuality in the original design.

You might want to look up the meanings of 'fact' and 'opinion'.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16648 Feb 16, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
A boatload of Zionists arrived in Palestine at the end of WWII. They took over and established the state of Israel. So what? What does any of this have to do with either the Canaanites or the Bible?
A lie with gay twirl wearing a blonde wig.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_was_Israel_esta...

It clearly (except for blondes) was a response to an assertion by another poster about present day Israel.

Smile.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16649 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
It is a statement of fact.
You can easily disprove it as a fact, by quoting a verse from Genesis 1 that indicates homosexuality in the original design.
You might want to look up the meanings of 'fact' and 'opinion'.
Smile.
You're a fundie, that explains a lot.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16651 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some other options in mind?
I like to learn.
Smile.

Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.

Dazs22

Brooklyn, NY

#16652 Feb 16, 2013
Oh very sorry I didn't know that someone else posted your name on a website
Daz22

Pekin, IL

#16656 Feb 16, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a good translation of Hebrew scriptures condemning homosexual behavior:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.

More emphatic condemnations of course are repeated in the New Testament.

Perhaps this will help you understand how ridiculous the question you have plagiarized really is.

Location hidden

#16657 Feb 16, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a translator, you know the importance of context.

I think you are lying.

If not, address the fundamental context of Genesis 1 & 2. Show us your scholarly skill.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr tongangodz 3,196
News Conservative Columnist Guy Benson Says He's Gay 2 hr david traversa 9
News Gay marriage advocates in Ohio split on vote th... (Feb '14) 3 hr The Voice of Reality 11
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 3 hr NorCal Native 119
News In Arkansas, Huckabee poised to launch 2nd Whit... 4 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 26
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 5 hr Belle Sexton 3,475
News Texas Pastors Compare Gay Marriage To Bestialit... 5 hr Forester 6
More from around the web