Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Robsan5

United States

#16614 Feb 15, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> are you saying That God is stupid ?? Beware God is real.
Gay alternate universe Robert, you're right: Doug should STFU. Ha!
Doug, if you try to jump into the middle of a conversation, you're probably not going to understand what's going on.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16615 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a believer, I just don't like you. Unless of course, you were willing to have gay sex with me.
Robert
Gay alternate universe Robert, how do you do multi-dimensional gay sex?

Robert

“"Do what thou will."”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16616 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The bible has done huge damage to humanity and, even in the 21st century, warps the thinking of people who should know better.
it's amazing how many sheeps are out there that just wanna be led, in their ignorance, to the slaughter by our oppressive leaders who use religion to herd us and we follow bcuz we're not as smart as we all think we are..

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16617 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Jewish culture is an expression of that suppression?
And the good works that permeate the world because of Christians is one too?
Really.
Smirk.
the Jews are the worst.. The damn Rothschilds and damn Israel.. worthless.. their behind all the bullshit, with their curly sideburns.. and Christians.. what sheeps.. they think they're so smart don't they?? Ur probably one.. the Christians are so full of themselves, they act like they're better than others, ur doing it right now with ur sarcasm n ur smirks.. isn't behavior like that frowned upon?? Don't they say not to be like that in ur "good book??" they think they kno it all, if they only knew how badly they were holding us back as a species.. what a bunch if wussies.. afraid to live their lives in fear of the almighty.. get, if there's a god, how come he let David Parker Ray kidnap, torture, rape, and kill dozens of women for decades in N.M.??? He was worse than a lot of serial killers.. With his trailor he called his "toy box" with his gynological chair n his chains n saws n tools.. Then when they finally caught him, he dropped dead from a heart attack. Never served a day of his punishment.. Oh, let me guess... The lord works in mysterious ways right??

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16618 Feb 15, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> there is no hell,hell is the grave. why would Satan punish those who don't believe in god or don't do as God tells us.because God and Satan do not work together
the difference between them is like day and night. I think Satan would rather reward you for not doing Gods will.
now were talkin.. why would Satan punish u for bein a prick ur whole life? You'd be one of his boys.. god must not want us to kno that hell is really where all the coke and strippers are, cuz then there wouldn't be anyone in heaven..

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16619 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Jewish culture is an expression of that suppression?
And the good works that permeate the world because of Christians is one too?
Really.
Smirk.
Re - the Jewish culture is an expression of that suppression?
The Jewish account of their seizure and ethnic cleansing of the so-called promised land is extremely graphic and matches their ethnic cleansing of Palestine from 1946 onwards.

Re - the good works that permeate the world because of Christians
Name a few.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#16620 Feb 15, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> now were talkin.. why would Satan punish u for bein a prick ur whole life? You'd be one of his boys.. god must not want us to kno that hell is really where all the coke and strippers are, cuz then there wouldn't be anyone in heaven..
Nobody goes to heaven,we must choose between everlasting life on earth or death. John 3:13 Moreover ,no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the son of man,(Jesus)is the son of man, as you can see in many parts of the scriptures.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16621 Feb 15, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
"seeking truth" was not addressing to you.
*YAWN*

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#16622 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design, let's look at the very next chapter.
What do you see here?
Genesis 2:18-25 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The question is centered on what the Bible says, not your opinion of if the Bible is right or wrong.
However, based on just design, every aspect of gender distinction balances the blend of both.
On just the level of sexuality, at the least, homosexuality is a wasted duplication, and in many cases, a violent violation of design.
Moreover, evolution condemns homosexuality as a defective dead end with scientists quickly confirming that it is a epi-marker mistake.
The bottom line is this; Your narrow solution, based solely on orientation misses the vast expression of blended genders. The Bible says something was missing. God didn't duplicate anything to fix it, He complimented and completed it with something distinct.
Smile.
These are not your personal opinions?

Folks we have here the amazing three nipple vagina man acting as the ultimate Bible authority.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#16623 Feb 15, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody goes to heaven,we must choose between everlasting life on earth or death. John 3:13 Moreover ,no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the son of man,(Jesus)is the son of man, as you can see in many parts of the scriptures.
See you in Hell bro.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16625 Feb 15, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation : Open Mouth, Insert DlCK
Having sexual fantasies again bro?

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16626 Feb 15, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody goes to heaven,we must choose between everlasting life on earth or death. John 3:13 Moreover ,no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the son of man,(Jesus)is the son of man, as you can see in many parts of the scriptures.
I was joking.. nobody goes to heaven or hell. "from the dust we came, and to the dust we shall return.." that's the truest shit right there.. believe whatever u want, ur still gonna be wormfood when u die.. that's all.. we're all just essentially stardust.. we all gonna rot in the ground.. murderers and child molesters and good hearted christians alike..

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16628 Feb 15, 2013
I won't even care when I die, u kno why?? Cuz I'll be friggin dead, that's why!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16629 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly Islamic theology.
Those quotes came directly from Genesis 2 (NASB which is the source of the stuff that you quote)
The Muslims can be blamed for a lot of things but not Genesis 2
This equates a woman with animals?

Genesis 2:18 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."

Or this?

Genesis 2:22-25 (NASB)
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

This what happens when a dick thinks.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16630 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, give a balanced picture of the good, bad and ugly of Christianity.
I'm curious to see the morality and intelligence of a dick...
Surprise me.
Snicker.
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Re - even in the 21st century, warps the thinking of people who should know better.
That is one of the bad things which takes away a Christian's ability to look critically at his holy book and discard that which is absurd, or no longer relevant.
Other bad sides of Christianity include the early crusades, Inquisition, witch persecution, stifling of science and ideas contrary to the teaching of Rome.
On the good side?
Within Christianity were (and still are) many good and decent individuals and the fact that they were able to survive in the toxic atmosphere of the Church is a tribute to the strength of their characters.
The great building programmes of the medieval age were a product of Christianity but one has to wonder about their value in comparison to the changes that might have been made to the wretched lives of the serfs.
Re - curious to see the morality and intelligence of a dick
I think it was Cicero who commented about abusing the plaintiff when one has no basis for an argument and I have noticed that most Christians resort to abuse, rather than discussion, when faced with a difficult question.
As regards my morality, I live my life by one single rule - I DON'T DO UNTO OTHERS ANYTHING THAT I DON'T WANT DONE TO ME. When it comes to women, I admit to always being horny but the simple word NO is the ultimate turn-off.
As regards your Snicker, you can shove that where the sun don't shine.
That's your basis?

Please, after you learn the reason for the Crusades, add up all the deaths you reached far back into history for. Then lets do some comparisons...

As to your other 'balances', they only further expose your morality. You are a bigot full of hate. It has made you stupid.

Here is one of many things you ignored;

Every day, in every community across America, numerous Churches are on the front lines assisting the poor and needy. They are carrying the weight of broken families, abandoned children, drug abuse and domestic violence.

Where are you dick?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16631 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are obviously very fond of your Snicker
Does your priest, pastor, elder or whatever suck it off for you?
Do you return the favour?
And this folks is the height of a dicks moral intelligence...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#16632 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, you are just incapable of posting anything that is true, aren't you?
0 for 33.
The biblical account says nothing about "glowing". Much less 'blue glow'.
"30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him."
0 for 34.
You assume there are other types of "glowing" radiation. That doesn't make it true.
0 for 35.
Neutrinos pass through the earth without slowing down, so hiding in a rock will offer no protection at all.
Logic just ain't your thing, is it?
What word was replaced by the word homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
http://econgeol.geoscienceworld.org/content/5...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16633 Feb 15, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
One word can't be that hard to find, you made the claim. prove it.
Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.
Still waiting, again and again.....
Please, show me where I made any such assertion.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16634 Feb 15, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> the Jews are the worst.. The damn Rothschilds and damn Israel.. worthless.. their behind all the bullshit, with their curly sideburns.. and Christians.. what sheeps.. they think they're so smart don't they?? Ur probably one.. the Christians are so full of themselves, they act like they're better than others, ur doing it right now with ur sarcasm n ur smirks.. isn't behavior like that frowned upon?? Don't they say not to be like that in ur "good book??" they think they kno it all, if they only knew how badly they were holding us back as a species.. what a bunch if wussies.. afraid to live their lives in fear of the almighty.. get, if there's a god, how come he let David Parker Ray kidnap, torture, rape, and kill dozens of women for decades in N.M.??? He was worse than a lot of serial killers.. With his trailor he called his "toy box" with his gynological chair n his chains n saws n tools.. Then when they finally caught him, he dropped dead from a heart attack. Never served a day of his punishment.. Oh, let me guess... The lord works in mysterious ways right??
I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

I sink the knife of reality into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk.

If life is the sum of this world, then certainly justice is a dream. On the other hand, if this life is simply a point in eternity, you have seriously misjudged your Maker.

Are you a betting man?

Snicker.

Location hidden

#16635 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Re - the Jewish culture is an expression of that suppression?
The Jewish account of their seizure and ethnic cleansing of the so-called promised land is extremely graphic and matches their ethnic cleansing of Palestine from 1946 onwards.
Re - the good works that permeate the world because of Christians
Name a few.
You might want to look at the historical record of the Canaanites...

As the leader of Israel just said, "If you take all the weapons from the Israelites, Israel will cease to exist. If you take all the weapons from the Palestinians, war will cease to exist." This ignores the fact that the world restored Israel to it's homeland in 1946.

You also ignore this;

http://www.masada2000.org/nobel.html

I already gave you an example of current Christian behavior.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 4 hr Foxy is queer 58
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 15 hr romyou_tx 129
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) Wed Honest truth 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Jun 29 Tre H 4,336
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Jun 28 Anonymous 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Jun 28 Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Jun 28 Levy Hater 31,925
More from around the web