Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,841 - 14,860 of 24,735 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
0 for 28.
Previously debunked.
What word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken, I think it's funny that these morons post using my name. I don't have a problem with it.
Robert
It may be funny, to you, Robsan, since you know when you have posted a message.

But, it sure is more than a bit confusing to me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new there...

Smirk.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new there...
Smirk.
And nothing from you on what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.

Nothing new there indeed, Genius.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
And nothing from you on what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Nothing new there indeed, Genius.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Untrue.

We have a clear and solid foundation established. Male and Female in the garden. You and I outside.

Snicker smile.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
We have a clear and solid foundation established. Male and Female in the garden. You and I outside.
Snicker smile.
0 for 28.
I live in the garden.
We are still waiting for a clear and solid explanation about what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Man are you stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest way to tell is that if it isn't witty and intelligent, it wasn't me.

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
0 for 28.
I live in the garden.
We are still waiting for a clear and solid explanation about what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Man are you stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
You live in the garden?

This is why I'm banking on middlemind.

I am laying the foundation to answer your question. The premise for sexual activity gives us a key part of the context for answering the question.

I simply am pointing out that in the original design, according to the Bible, it was simply male and female. That is an undeniable fact.

Now, since you are adamant about what the Bible 'really' says, do you have an example of homosexuality at the beginning?

Something?

Anything???

Smirk.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
I am laying the foundation to answer your question. The premise for sexual activity gives us a key part of the context for answering the question.
I simply am pointing out that in the original design, according to the Bible, it was simply male and female. That is an undeniable fact.
Now, since you are adamant about what the Bible 'really' says, do you have an example of homosexuality at the beginning?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.
0 for 29.
I live in paradise. Obviously you live elsewhere.
Still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Something?
Anything?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
Snicker smile.
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
Snicker smile.
What about our garden? We have both in the same snatch er r..patch.

I'm your vagina and I approve this message.
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Also funny is "RevKen" is confusing to believe that "El Segundo" and "Manmanman" identities are equal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you concede the above?

I simply want to be clear when I answer.

Smile.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Smile.
Because the mythical account does not describe the full spectrum of human sexuality, all behavior that does not conform to the archetypal and necessarily sketchy description given is not permitted or condoned?

I certainly do not concede that, because an account given in the bible does not elaborate, there is no righteous cause for behavior not described.

The premise for sexual activity - any premise, scriptural or not - does not necessarily describe the personal motivation for the behavior.

However, as Jesus noted, the personal motivation for the behavior is the foundation for the nature of the sin. That distinction was not a part of the Law, because it was personal and subjective and could not be definitively witnessed, except by one who knows the mind and heart of another.

So, no. Your attempt to estabish a premise with which to define the sin based solely upon a description of behavior, for which motivation is not given, is fundamentally insufficient.

Rev. Ken
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Also funny is "RevKen" is confusing to believe that "El Segundo" and "Manmanman" identities are equal.
No, your Man3 personality is way dumber than your ES personality.

Robert

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Crickets.... chirp, chirp

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Crickets.... chirp, chirp
They've been chirping since his claim....
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been chirping since his claim....
Which one? That god is a radioactive alien? That walnuts are not fruit? That god holding out his hand or turning his back is effective protection against radiation? Etc...?

Man is he stupid.

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••