Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34825 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16564 Feb 14, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design, let's look at the very next chapter.

What do you see here?

Genesis 2:18-25 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Smile.

“"Do what thou will."”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16565 Feb 14, 2013
the bible is what is holding our species back. we need to lose it like it's dead weight.

Location hidden

#16566 Feb 14, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
the bible is what is holding our species back. we need to lose it like it's dead weight.
That's deep, are you leading the way?

Smirk.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16567 Feb 14, 2013
Or like its a dead cat hitting a shelf full of used water bottles that are half empty.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16568 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's deep, are you leading the way?
Smirk.
if i have to. we keep sitting around worshiping god we're gonna still be here when the asteroid that's gonna hit arrives instead of pursuing technology and science and reaching out into the universe. there are other planets that can sustain life. given the number of planets there are. and you could play the numbers game again and say given the number of potential life-sustaining planets out there, it would seem silly, perhaps elementary to assume that we are the only forms of life, let alone intelligent life out there.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16569 Feb 14, 2013
Unless the yum yum bird carries us off one by one.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16570 Feb 14, 2013
DMAN wrote:
Or like its a dead cat hitting a shelf full of used water bottles that are half empty.
now that's deep... love it...------- or like it's your finger that you just dipped in a bottle that was full of a substance that you just discovered was urine.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16571 Feb 14, 2013
DMAN wrote:
Unless the yum yum bird carries us off one by one.
dude i used to get mad wasted under the yum yum tree in my apartment.

Location hidden

#16572 Feb 14, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text>if i have to. we keep sitting around worshiping god we're gonna still be here when the asteroid that's gonna hit arrives instead of pursuing technology and science and reaching out into the universe. there are other planets that can sustain life. given the number of planets there are. and you could play the numbers game again and say given the number of potential life-sustaining planets out there, it would seem silly, perhaps elementary to assume that we are the only forms of life, let alone intelligent life out there.
Did you notice the Alien visitation here;

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16573 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
hahahaha... Wish wash, mix match, wax on wax off, that crap is so vague and convoluted it could metaphorically represent lots of scenarios. That's the problem with u people. U show me proof that your interpretation is the correct one, because u haven't yet.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16574 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Smile.
oh yeah.... Smile....

Location hidden

#16575 Feb 14, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> hahahaha... Wish wash, mix match, wax on wax off, that crap is so vague and convoluted it could metaphorically represent lots of scenarios. That's the problem with u people. U show me proof that your interpretation is the correct one, because u haven't yet.
Among numerous things other than the perfect depiction of radiation, the Alien promised the Hebrews would become a lasting and great culture if they followed His instructions. They kind of did, and are. Amazingly distinct, don't you think?

You believe in aliens except if they are called God?

Smirk.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16576 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Among numerous things other than the perfect depiction of radiation, the Alien promised the Hebrews would become a lasting and great culture if they followed His instructions. They kind of did, and are. Amazingly distinct, don't you think?
Smirk.
no. I believe aliens call themselves gods and people believed them bcuz they didn't kno any better. And the bible continues to suppress us.
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16577 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Smile.
Genius, your batting average is getting worse: 0 for 30.
What type of radiation makes your face shine? Oh yeah, alien radiation. So this is an accurate description of radiation that we have no knowledge of.
Where in the Dept. of Energy's website do they mention turning your back or holding out your hand as a way to avoid spreading contamination?
Make your batting average 0 for 31.
So what word did homosexual replace in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16578 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
0 for 32, Genius.
"Perfect depiction of radiation"?!? Hardly.

Wow are you stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
seeking truth

Oneonta, NY

#16579 Feb 14, 2013
alternative wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not because his concern was with the heart. Without law is there sin? When man becomes aware of something man then decides what to do with said something. Before which there was no sin. The heart, where is your heart? Bury your heart in sacrifices and laws and you missed the point. They did not get it then and they don't get it now.
The Bible is about relationships and not sin. The sin of idolatry is the only sin. Idolatry is the sin that popular Christian opinion of homosexuality. It is not about sex outside of marriage. Homosexuality is neither condemned nor supported in the Bible.
I didn't think there was a single intelligent person on this site until I read what you said. thank you! everyone should read this and know this is truth.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16580 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design, let's look at the very next chapter.
What do you see here?
Genesis 2:18-25 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Smile.
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."

The only suitable helper or mate for a homosexual is one of the same sex.

So what? None of this actually happened did it.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16581 Feb 14, 2013
seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think there was a single intelligent person on this site until I read what you said. thank you! everyone should read this and know this is truth.
Indeed.
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16582 Feb 14, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
"seeking truth" was not addressing to you.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16583 Feb 14, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
"seeking truth" was not addressing to you.
And neither was lulu addressing you, fool.
Exactly how stupid are you, Man3? Why don't you tell us in poorly translated English...

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 1 min Wondering 1,084
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 min spocko 221
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 11 hr NoMo 7,209
News Reluctant Kentucky clerk gets time for gay marr... 16 hr troe 11
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... 17 hr Bugs Bunyak - Car... 15
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 17 hr VeganTiger 126
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... Fri Wondering 542
More from around the web