Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,013

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“Smiles are contagious”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#16519 Feb 12, 2013
I'm still thinking the loving God that created His followers in many different forms would not restrict his creations from the experience of a loving, caring personal dedicated relationship based purely on there attraction being single sexed
Robsan5

United States

#16520 Feb 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Robsan,
Go ahead and register on TOPIX.
Just don't put forward any more information than you have to.
You can always sign on or not sign on and still post your responses.
Rev. Ken
Ken, I think it's funny that these morons post using my name. I don't have a problem with it.

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16521 Feb 12, 2013
mmmmyes wrote:
I'm still thinking the loving God that created His followers in many different forms would not restrict his creations from the experience of a loving, caring personal dedicated relationship based purely on there attraction being single sexed
Who said God restricted anyone from loving, caring personal dedicated relationships???

Smile.

Location hidden

#16522 Feb 12, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text> i A GREE . The Bible is ful of fantasy
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16523 Feb 12, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
0 for 26.
The bible says nothing about a "second" Adam (jesus nor anyone else) but please feel free to interpret the bible anyway you want to.
And while you're at it, please feel free to explain why homosexual replaced another word in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Oh, that's right, you can't.
Never mind, Genius.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
First Adam (1)
Last Adam (2)

Duh.

Middlemind, where did you go???

Smirk.
Robsan5

United States

#16524 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First Adam (1)
Last Adam (2)
Duh.
Middlemind, where did you go???
Smirk.
0 for 27.
The bible says nothing about a "second" Adam. Please show the bible passage that calls anyone a "second" Adam.
Please show what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16525 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
0 for 28.
Previously debunked.
What word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16526 Feb 12, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken, I think it's funny that these morons post using my name. I don't have a problem with it.
Robert
It may be funny, to you, Robsan, since you know when you have posted a message.

But, it sure is more than a bit confusing to me.

Location hidden

#16527 Feb 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new there...

Smirk.
Robsan5

United States

#16529 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new there...
Smirk.
And nothing from you on what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.

Nothing new there indeed, Genius.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Location hidden

#16530 Feb 12, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
And nothing from you on what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Nothing new there indeed, Genius.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Untrue.

We have a clear and solid foundation established. Male and Female in the garden. You and I outside.

Snicker smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16531 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
We have a clear and solid foundation established. Male and Female in the garden. You and I outside.
Snicker smile.
0 for 28.
I live in the garden.
We are still waiting for a clear and solid explanation about what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Man are you stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16532 Feb 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest way to tell is that if it isn't witty and intelligent, it wasn't me.

Robert

Location hidden

#16533 Feb 13, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
0 for 28.
I live in the garden.
We are still waiting for a clear and solid explanation about what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Man are you stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
You live in the garden?

This is why I'm banking on middlemind.

I am laying the foundation to answer your question. The premise for sexual activity gives us a key part of the context for answering the question.

I simply am pointing out that in the original design, according to the Bible, it was simply male and female. That is an undeniable fact.

Now, since you are adamant about what the Bible 'really' says, do you have an example of homosexuality at the beginning?

Something?

Anything???

Smirk.
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16534 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
I am laying the foundation to answer your question. The premise for sexual activity gives us a key part of the context for answering the question.
I simply am pointing out that in the original design, according to the Bible, it was simply male and female. That is an undeniable fact.
Now, since you are adamant about what the Bible 'really' says, do you have an example of homosexuality at the beginning?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.
0 for 29.
I live in paradise. Obviously you live elsewhere.
Still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Something?
Anything?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16535 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
Snicker smile.
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16536 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16537 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
Snicker smile.
What about our garden? We have both in the same snatch er r..patch.

I'm your vagina and I approve this message.
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16540 Feb 13, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Also funny is "RevKen" is confusing to believe that "El Segundo" and "Manmanman" identities are equal.

Location hidden

#16541 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in the garden?
Something?
Anything???
Smirk.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you concede the above?

I simply want to be clear when I answer.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage set to make grand US... 39 min Frankie Rizzo 39
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 49,749
New Zealand: Gay Activists Angry As Straight Me... 7 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 16
'We feel extremely blessed': Two women get marr... 8 hr Fa-Foxy 100
Couples, firms take sides in gay marriage debate Sat Professor Jumper 2
Buddies' wedding horrifies gay groups Sat nhjeff 14
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sat Just In Case 31,252
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••