Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,583

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16474 Feb 10, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation : Open Mouth, Insert DlCK
Yeah. You jealous?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16475 Feb 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a whole other issue.
Have you looked the subject up on a Christian apologetic site?
Smile.
No need to look it up. I grew up in a Catholic boarding school and had religion rammed down my throat for years.

The most important thing I learned there was that Catholicism and all its Christian sub-cults were a gigantic fraud.

Same applies to all other religions.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16476 Feb 11, 2013
a Mangina that bears no fruit is nuts.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16478 Feb 11, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, everyone is jealous over a fking FAGG@T.
Not everyone, just you apparently.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16480 Feb 11, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Retired pastor. I was there every step of the way, including his "ordeal" with Brenda, a member of his congregation.
I'm kimare's vagina and I approved this post.
LOL!

Retired or resigned?

What nutty congregation falls for that crap?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16481 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the concept of 'context'. We understand what someone is saying by comprehending the context they are using words, not just the words alone.
Now, in a sincere effort to understand this passage, what do you notice?
Smile.
<quoted text>
You are a scholar, right? I really held out hope for an intelligent discussion.
Are you stumped already too?
If you work with translations, surely you know the importance of context!
Smile.
Blah blah you have nothing.

The Hebrew word for homosexual, please oh enlightened one, we're all waiting.

And those other ancient writing like the Dead Sea Scrolls that are changing the Bible, could you give us a couple of the names of those versions?

Help us all with your brilliant education....
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16482 Feb 11, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker and snort, what kind of message is that? Voices from pigs?:)
Yes, "Robsan5" is a porco from Brazilco.
:)
Robsan5

United States

#16483 Feb 11, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "Robsan5" is a porco from Brazilco.
:)
You are a fool.

Robert
Join Free

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16485 Feb 11, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to look it up. I grew up in a Catholic boarding school and had religion rammed down my throat for years.
The most important thing I learned there was that Catholicism and all its Christian sub-cults were a gigantic fraud.
Same applies to all other religions.
So your experience with other people's experience with God is dictating your experience with God?

Are you sure that is wise???

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16486 Feb 11, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah you have nothing.
The Hebrew word for homosexual, please oh enlightened one, we're all waiting.
And those other ancient writing like the Dead Sea Scrolls that are changing the Bible, could you give us a couple of the names of those versions?
Help us all with your brilliant education....
Genesis 1:27 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

God's desire? Fellowship.

God, male & female. A reflection of the Trinity. The image of God.

God, male & male? Fail.

God, female & female? Fail.

Only the original design works.

Are you with me so far?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16487 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God's desire? Fellowship.
God, male & female. A reflection of the Trinity. The image of God.
God, male & male? Fail.
God, female & female? Fail.
Only the original design works.
Are you with me so far?
Smile.
Genius, you're wrong. Again.

Judges 8:30
And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.
1 Chronicles 4:5
And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
2 Chronicles 13:21
But Abijah waxed mighty, and married fourteen wives....
1 Kings 11:2-3
Solomon ... had seven hundred wives ... and three hundred concubines.

So it's god, male & female & female & female & female & female & female & female & etc....

What word was replaced with homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation? Of course, please put it in the proper context.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16488 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...
God's desire? Fellowship.
...
And, wrong again, Genius.
God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
I Timothy 2:3-4 NKJV

Would you mind posting the biblical passage that states god's desire is fellowship?
Would you mind saying what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation? Please made sure you use the proper context, of course.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16489 Feb 11, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, you're wrong. Again.
Judges 8:30
And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.
1 Chronicles 4:5
And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
2 Chronicles 13:21
But Abijah waxed mighty, and married fourteen wives....
1 Kings 11:2-3
Solomon ... had seven hundred wives ... and three hundred concubines.
So it's god, male & female & female & female & female & female & female & female & etc....
What word was replaced with homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation? Of course, please put it in the proper context.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
I appreciate your effort!

First and foremost, you still failed to equate duplicate genders to the image of God.

Second, because the Bible includes behavior of men, that does not mean approval of that behavior. Let me use your first and last examples (the most extreme). In both cases, it was specifically the result of numerous wives that led to very negative consequences. Gideons bastard son killed his 70 half brothers! It was Solomon's wives that led to his turning away from God.

Third, you will find two main purposes of multiple wives;
-An unrestrained sex drive, something the Bible hardly approves of.
-The protection of women, either in cases of the death of their husband (relatives step in), or a culture where women outnumber men. However, time after time, the Bible records conflict between the multiple wives of Biblical characters. Hardly a picture of the ideal.

We can't honestly address your question until we address the fundamentals of sexuality in the purposes of God.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16490 Feb 11, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, wrong again, Genius.
God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
I Timothy 2:3-4 NKJV
Would you mind posting the biblical passage that states god's desire is fellowship?
Would you mind saying what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation? Please made sure you use the proper context, of course.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Smile.

Your contention doesn't disprove my answer, it validates it.

Fellowship with Adam and Eve was broken in the garden. You quote the heartbeat of God. Salvation, acquired by the 'second Adam' was accomplished by the sacrifice of Jesus. The result? Fellowship is restored.

Any questions?
Robsan5

United States

#16491 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...
We can't honestly address your question until we address the fundamentals of sexuality in the purposes of God.
Smile.
We?!? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
It's two simple questions, Genius. I'm sure you and your mouse can think of the answer:
What word replaced homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16492 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the concept of 'context'. We understand what someone is saying by comprehending the context they are using words, not just the words alone.
Now, in a sincere effort to understand this passage, what do you notice?
Smile.
<quoted text>
You are a scholar, right? I really held out hope for an intelligent discussion.
Are you stumped already too?
If you work with translations, surely you know the importance of context!
Smile.
That's interesting. You require a true and correct translation. But, when that fails to produce a proper line of reasoning, in your opinion, you resort to "context" to interpret what was not written.

Some fundamentalist/literalist YOU are turning out to be!

Heck! Except for some of your screwy ideas, you might be just about like the rest of us.

Rev. Ken

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16493 Feb 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting. You require a true and correct translation. But, when that fails to produce a proper line of reasoning, in your opinion, you resort to "context" to interpret what was not written.
Some fundamentalist/literalist YOU are turning out to be!
Heck! Except for some of your screwy ideas, you might be just about like the rest of us.
Rev. Ken
It is wrong to seek an accurate translation?

Context is one of the fundamentals of interpretation.

Who said I was a fundamentalist/literalist? Would you be having such a difficult time with me if I was 'one of those'???

You mean broken?

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16494 Feb 11, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
We?!? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
It's two simple questions, Genius. I'm sure you and your mouse can think of the answer:
What word replaced homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
You sound like you are ready to cry.

Are you okay?
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16495 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Your contention doesn't disprove my answer, it validates it.
Fellowship with Adam and Eve was broken in the garden. You quote the heartbeat of God. Salvation, acquired by the 'second Adam' was accomplished by the sacrifice of Jesus. The result? Fellowship is restored.
Any questions?
You and your mouse must have some Special reading glasses, Genius. I don't see the word "fellowship" anywhere in this passage:
"God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
I really get a kick out of proving you wrong. Should we go over what is and what isn't a fruit again?
And I don't see you explaining what word was replaced by the word homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16496 Feb 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you are ready to cry.
Are you okay?
I'm crying from laughing at you so much, I can hardly breathe.
What's your batting average on making correct and factual statements? 0 for 24?
God you are stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 35 min dee lightful 153
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 57 min truth to power 433
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 1 hr Ainu 28
Gay Christians choosing celibacy emerge from th... 2 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 61
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed 4 hr Myself 5
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 4 hr Grau 148
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr idiocracy 31,497