Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 738)

Showing posts 14,741 - 14,760 of24,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was, what word was translated homosexual. I addressed that completely. There was no specificity about OT or NT.
I have no desire to argue Biblical language with faithless idiots spouting gay twirl they've copied from somewhere.
The bottom line is this; Historic Jewish and Christian understanding is consistent and identical. Homosexual sex is immoral. Common sense has told cultures and religions throughout human history the same thing.
Only a person in extreme denial would argue against history, all cultures, all religions, physical design, science and medical advice that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Unbelievably idiotic.
<quoted text>
You prove my last sentence.
Your words, "For something to be immoral it needs to affect someone's life in a negative way", then you immediately excuse an abuser and the abused.
Next you pick a moment in time to lock in a Nazi act, ignoring the abhorrence of the rest of the world at the time and the historical judgment that followed. By your logic, the extremely brief and rare periods of gay acceptance in a culture overrule the vast overall rejection by every culture.
Then you make the idiotic assertion that God, of all beings, put a g-spot next to an anus, ignoring the vicinity of the penis and denying the harmful violation of anal design. In other words, if the anus were designed for intercourse, it would be a vagina. You top it off by confusing risk with inherent harm. All behavior has some degree of risk, not all behavior is harmful.
You typify gay twirl. It boggles this half senile old man's mind to hear such stupidity!
Smile.
Hebrew word for homosexual, please oh enlightened one, we're all waiting.

And those other ancient writing like the Dead Sea Scrolls that are changing the Bible, could you give us a couple of the names of those versions?

Help us all with your amazing insight or admit you are wrong.

LOL!

triple smirk....

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was, what word was translated homosexual. I addressed that completely. There was no specificity about OT or NT.
I have no desire to argue Biblical language with faithless idiots spouting gay twirl they've copied from somewhere.
The bottom line is this; Historic Jewish and Christian understanding is consistent and identical. Homosexual sex is immoral. Common sense has told cultures and religions throughout human history the same thing.
Only a person in extreme denial would argue against history, all cultures, all religions, physical design, science and medical advice that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Unbelievably idiotic.
<quoted text>
Your words, "For something to be immoral it needs to affect someone's life in a negative way", then you immediately excuse an abuser and the abused.
Next you pick a moment in time to lock in a Nazi act, ignoring the abhorrence of the rest of the world at the time and the historical judgment that followed. By your logic, the extremely brief and rare periods of gay acceptance in a culture overrule the vast overall rejection by every culture.
Then you make the idiotic assertion that God, of all beings, put a g-spot next to an anus, ignoring the vicinity of the penis and denying the harmful violation of anal design. In other words, if the anus were designed for intercourse, it would be a vagina. You top it off by confusing risk with inherent harm. All behavior has some degree of risk, not all behavior is harmful.
You typify gay twirl. It boggles this half senile old man's mind to hear such stupidity!
Smile.
So you've got nothing but your opinion.

Must be radiation poisoning messing with your brain.

LOL.

What is the Hebrew word for homosexual that was used in the Bible?

waiting..........

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Kimare also claimed that there were previous cultures that recognized same sex marriage but in every case those attempts at same sex marriage failed. I'm still waiting for him to tell us exactly which cultures those were.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
Kimare also claimed that there were previous cultures that recognized same sex marriage but in every case those attempts at same sex marriage failed. I'm still waiting for him to tell us exactly which cultures those were.
Lots of 'claims' and no proof.

Yeah, that's the teacher I'd want.

We're ALL waiting for the liar to be revealed, again.....

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of 'claims' and no proof.
Yeah, that's the teacher I'd want.
We're ALL waiting for the liar to be revealed, again.....
Not many people challenge pastors, so he's used to saying whatever rolls off the tongue and getting away with it.
biguy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievably idiotic.
<quoted text>
Smile.
Your ignorance is disgusting. Give my appologies to Hitler when you see him. Thnx

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

biguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is disgusting. Give my appologies to Hitler when you see him. Thnx
First you get schooled about ad homoan attacks and gay twirl, now you defend by exercising Godwin's Law.

The evidence of ignorance is clear.

Bazinga!

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence of ignorance is clearly mine.
Bazinga!
Agreed
Join Free
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First you get schooled about ad homoan attacks and gay twirl, now you defend by exercising Godwin's Law.
The evidence of ignorance is clear.
Bazinga!
I'm still waiting to get schooled on what word was replaced by homosexual in 1946, and why homosexual is a more accurate translation.

Man you are stupid.

Robert
biguy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

The fundamental point is people deserve to be treated equally, whether black homosexual bisexual disabled etc Being religious is a personal choice and homosexuality does not need the opposition of religion. I mean, do you see homosexuals saying its disgusting to be religious, no they oppose a single belief within religion, not the person, unlike those of religion. It upsets me that people can remain so ignorant, and conform to the endless flow of ignorance through many generations, the flow needs to be stopped as soon as possible.
hill

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting to get schooled on what word was replaced by homosexual in 1946, and why homosexual is a more accurate translation.
Man you are stupid.
Robert
I going to go sit on the pot and try to push out a big ol' 16 inch Smelly Robsan5, named after Robsan5. Then I will stand up and say, "nice to finally meet you. Now I'm going to piss all over you, Smelly Robsan5." And with that, I will hose that stinky punk down, and then flush that punk out of life for good.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

hill wrote:
<quoted text>I going to go sit on the pot and try to push out a big ol' 16 inch Smelly Robsan5, named after Robsan5. Then I will stand up and say, "nice to finally meet you. Now I'm going to piss all over you, Smelly Robsan5." And with that, I will hose that stinky punk down, and then flush that punk out of life for good.
You've got something up your ass that's 16 inches long?!?
I don't think you're complaining, I think you're bragging.

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Original design.

Genesis 1:26-28 (NASB)
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Seems to me male and female equals the image of God. Only got half the equation with gay couples...

Smile.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Original design.

Smile.
Nice copy and paste. If god gave you a penis and a vagina, what do you think he was trying to tell you?

Here's a hint, it's the same thing I'd tell you, which for most people would be physically impossible.

And yet, no dick for this vagina yet.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Original design.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
Seems to me male and female equals the image of God. Only got half the equation with gay couples...
Smile.
Seems to me you still haven't said what word was replaced by homosexual in 1946, and why homosexual is a more accurate translation.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Original design.
Smile.
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me you still haven't said what word was replaced by homosexual in 1946, and why homosexual is a more accurate translation.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
It is clear you all need to be schooled for far more than just a word. Be patient and pay attention.

Are you confused about anything in this passage?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice copy and paste. If god gave you a penis and a vagina, what do you think he was trying to tell you?
Here's a hint, it's the same thing I'd tell you, which for most people would be physically impossible.
And yet, no dick for this vagina yet.
This is too deep for you. I have to have at least some brains to work with. You don't even work! Besides, girls are supposed to be quiet and listen.

Smile.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too deep for you. I have to have at least some brains to work with. You don't even work! Besides, girls are supposed to be quiet and listen.
Smile.
You have no idea how deep I am, because you've never used me.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Original design.
Smile.
<quoted text>
It is clear you all need to be schooled for far more than just a word. Be patient and pay attention.
Are you confused about anything in this passage?
Smile.
Yeah, I can't see where you explained what word was replaced by the word homosexual in 1946, and why homosexual is a more accurate translation.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I can't see where you explained what word was replaced by the word homosexual in 1946, and why homosexual is a more accurate translation.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
This is the concept of 'context'. We understand what someone is saying by comprehending the context they are using words, not just the words alone.

Now, in a sincere effort to understand this passage, what do you notice?

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,741 - 14,760 of24,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••