Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,741 - 14,760 of 24,847 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Genesis 1:27 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God's desire? Fellowship.
God, male & female. A reflection of the Trinity. The image of God.
God, male & male? Fail.
God, female & female? Fail.
Only the original design works.
<quoted text>
What are you still confused about?
Smile.
Kimare,

Why don't you answer his question?

Your silence is speaking volumes about what you apparently either do not know or cannot say.

Secondly, your repeated asssertions that the Hebrew plurality of 'Elohim' as translated into English is a presentation of the concept of 'Trinity' are not correct.

Rev. Ken

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God, male & male? Fail.
<quoted text>
What are you still confused about?
Smile.
And on the 8th day he created the turkey baster, the petrie dish, the pipette...

THOSE designs works, too.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not confused, Genius.
Why don't you show what word was replaced by homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Or is that too confusing for you?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Oh, but I am. In context. That is the logical way to address your question. You don't want a logical response?

I'm shocked.

Smirk.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but I am. In context. That is the logical way to address your question. You don't want a logical response?
I'm shocked.
Smirk.
Next time that you dodge the question, please do it a little more slowly. Things got a little shaken up down here.

Love, your vagina

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Not many people challenge pastors, so he's used to saying whatever rolls off the tongue and getting away with it.
He says he's a APSTOR?

LMFAO!

God help whomever listens to that nut!

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the concept of 'context'. We understand what someone is saying by comprehending the context they are using words, not just the words alone.
Now, in a sincere effort to understand this passage, what do you notice?
Smile.
Hebrew word for homosexual, please oh enlightened one, we're all waiting.

And those other ancient writing like the Dead Sea Scrolls that are changing the Bible, could you give us a couple of the names of those versions?

Help us all with your amazing insight or admit you are wrong.

Quadruple smirk

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
And on the 8th day he created the turkey baster, the petrie dish, the pipette...
THOSE designs works, too.
LOL!

Thank you for the laugh Snyper!

That little zing of truth will go right over the intended's head...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
He says he's a APSTOR?
LMFAO!
God help whomever listens to that nut!
Retired pastor. I was there every step of the way, including his "ordeal" with Brenda, a member of his congregation.
I'm kimare's vagina and I approved this post.
Join Free
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm shocked.
Smirk.
Gee, imagine this: another non-answer from the Genius.
It's two simple questions: what word was replaced by homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare,
Your silence is speaking volumes about what you apparently either do not know or cannot say.
Secondly, your repeated asssertions that the Hebrew plurality of 'Elohim' as translated into English is a presentation of the concept of 'Trinity' are not correct.
Rev. Ken
What?!? Are you saying the Genius is not 100% correct?!? Blasphemy!

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to snicker and snort to be funny, Roberta. Next time you take a dick up the A$$, just start giggling and then start singing "My Ding-A-Ling", then "Dear Penis" you'll get plenty of laughs. LMFAO
Dear Kimare, please quit posting as NoQ. This does not help your credibility. Your IP address all over that post.
Love,
your vagina

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Does this really matter considering the fact that both homosexuality and indeed homosexual "marriage" and relationships predate Christianity by thousands of years?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you explain what word was replaced with homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a more accurate translation.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Snicker and snort, what kind of message is that? Voices from pigs?:)
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker and snort, what kind of message is that? Voices from pigs?:)
Nope, it's a message to pigs (and fools like you).
I hope you burn in your hell forever.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to snicker and snort to be funny, Roberta. Next time you take a dick up the A$$, just start giggling and then start singing "My Ding-A-Ling", then "Dear Penis" you'll get plenty of laughs. LMFAO
Speaking from personal experience, NoIQ?

Roberta (just for your gay anal sex fantasies!)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
God, male & male? Fail.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare,
Rev. Ken
I am. In a scholarly way. Isn't that what you want too rev?

Thank you for your opinion about Genesis and the Trinity, but you are lying again. It is common Christian doctrine. You must be confusing it with a non-Biblical doctrine.

http://carm.org/christianity/christian-doctri...

However, all this avoids the clear picture of God, male and female in perfect unity reflecting the image of God.

Apparently you believe God and two men is the image, deleting the feminine side of God and leaving lesbians hanging out to dry. Of course, then there are the lesbians who claim God is a she, leaving you castrated. Seems to me either view is a bigoted and incredibly shallow view of a being called 'God'. I guess that is that only option when you make god in your image...

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1 (NASB)
24 Then God said,“Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so.
25 God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said,“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
Genesis 2 (NASB)
7 Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
15 Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. 16 The Lord God commanded the man, saying,“From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;
17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”
18 Then the Lord God said,“It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
Genesis 1 is clear that animals were created before man & woman who were created together.
Genesis 2 is also clear that man was created first, followed by the animals/birds, with the woman being last.
If both versions cannot be correct why should people believe either?
Additionally, the instruction regarding the forbidden fruit was not given to Eve who had not yet been created.
That's a whole other issue.

Have you looked the subject up on a Christian apologetic site?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a whole other issue.
Have you looked the subject up on a Christian apologetic site?
Smile.
Have you tried looking up the answer to my two questions on a Christian apologetic site?
It's a couple of easy questions for someone of your immense intellect, Genius: what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Same old Kimare, except now his vagina talks too.

Yawn.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation : Open Mouth, Insert DlCK
Why am I not surprised that you could translate that, NoIQ?

Roberta (just for your gay anal sex fantasies!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min mahz 49,359
Women dish on their most embarrassing wardrobe ... (Sep '13) 5 hr Kelly DJ 277
Election 2014: Labour's three gender options fo... 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr say no to laptops 31,187
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 16 hr Gremlin 5
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) 17 hr Tricked in the past 4
Confronting homophobes 101: Class act lesbian m... (Dec '11) 20 hr Brians Brown Sause 11

Search the Wedding Forum:
•••