Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 33098 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16423 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Middlemind
:)

Location hidden

#16424 Feb 9, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker Snort.
What are you doing when you snicker and snort?:) What's the point?:) What are you doing?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16425 Feb 9, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Middlemind, That was funny...
I was being very, very gracious because we are discussing the Bible.

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16426 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
I haven't seen you discuss what word was replaced by homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#16427 Feb 9, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing when you snicker and snort?:) What's the point?:) What are you doing?
What are you doing when you post stupid shit? Have you ever had a point?
I pray you burn in your hell forever.

Robert

Location hidden

#16428 Feb 9, 2013
Okay girls, I guess I'll have to explain everything;

Genesis 1:27 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

God's desire? Fellowship.

God, male & female. A reflection of the Trinity. The image of God.

God, male & male? Fail.

God, female & female? Fail.

Only the original design works.

I know, it's not starting out well. But hey, keep your hopes up! Your gay twirl theology says it will work out well.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16429 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
So you mean he is less than Middlemind?:)

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16430 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God, male & male? Fail.
I know, it's not starting out well. But hey, keep your hopes up! Your gay twirl theology says it will work out well.
Smirk.
hi

And mangina. God created mangina.

Location hidden

#16431 Feb 9, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So you mean he is less than Middlemind?:)
Lets just say fractional.

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16432 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
God, male & male? Fail.
Smirk.
Why don't you explain what word was replaced with homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a more accurate translation.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Location hidden

#16433 Feb 9, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you explain what word was replaced with homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a more accurate translation.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Are we clear about original design and intent?

Smile
photo guy

Chelmsford, UK

#16434 Feb 9, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got something up your ass that's 16 inches long?!?
I don't think you're complaining, I think you're bragging.
Robert
hey I like your bitching give out ,it's such a friggin laugh it's made me nearly piss my sides..
ink

Chelmsford, UK

#16435 Feb 9, 2013
jesus was my bitch in prison and told all about the booty 12 hello fish wife men ...Read it .Its true ,well it must be it's in the sun news paper..
ink

Chelmsford, UK

#16436 Feb 9, 2013
Actualy where did the 12 tramps get money from when all they did was smoke weed and hang out like bums .....so everyone on the dole is an Aspostle and smokes weed Its a new alightmemt ...hey maybe a new pisshead instead We need new Apostles ..maybe get a show going ..called Apostle Me,... With wierd names like Elsebob and nasty Nick and luise lusafuf and just plain bob....mmmm

Location hidden

#16439 Feb 9, 2013
God, male & male? Fail.
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are clear that you still haven't explained what word was replaced by homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
What are you still confused about?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16440 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
God, male & male? Fail.
<quoted text>
Smile.
I'm not confused, Genius.
Why don't you show what word was replaced by homosexual in the bible in 1946, and why homosexual is a better translation.
Or is that too confusing for you?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
ink

Chelmsford, UK

#16441 Feb 9, 2013
yeh and the like fella's so friggin what holy joe .Why nopt get your un godley fat ass up and do something ,instead off slobbing around and wanting others to do the work while you sit on your lazy devil ass
the god quad

Chelmsford, UK

#16445 Feb 9, 2013
my bull shit ,now push a sleeping cow over on its ass, And say im hard..

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16446 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Genesis 1 (NASB)
24 Then God said,“Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so.
25 God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said,“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Genesis 2 (NASB)
7 Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

15 Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. 16 The Lord God commanded the man, saying,“From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;
17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”
18 Then the Lord God said,“It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

Genesis 1 is clear that animals were created before man & woman who were created together.

Genesis 2 is also clear that man was created first, followed by the animals/birds, with the woman being last.

If both versions cannot be correct why should people believe either?

Additionally, the instruction regarding the forbidden fruit was not given to Eve who had not yet been created.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16447 Feb 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
God, male & male? Fail.
<quoted text>
Smile.
Kimare,

Why don't you answer his question?

Your silence is speaking volumes about what you apparently either do not know or cannot say.

Secondly, your repeated asssertions that the Hebrew plurality of 'Elohim' as translated into English is a presentation of the concept of 'Trinity' are not correct.

Rev. Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 5 min lides 4,427
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 14 min dollarsbill 15
News Tony Abbott's sister on the Liberal Party and g... 57 min Prosperity Fundie... 2
News 5 things to know about Ireland's gay marriage r... 2 hr New Perspective 24
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 hr Its Aint Marriage 51
News Ireland gay marriage: Northern Ireland must now... 3 hr jason norris 1
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 5 hr tongangodz 3,721
More from around the web