Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 736)

Showing posts 14,701 - 14,720 of24,661
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

All that truly matters is this: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Those cheap counterfeit KJV? They only work as doorstops and fire starters. You need the nice old Bibles with tissue pages for toilet paper.
I agree.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

He is Coming Soon wrote:
All that truly matters is this: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
There is no such thing as God, someone invented the Sky Santa: All there is is the Universe, nothing more.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

He is Coming Soon wrote:
He is coming soon....
Better have a large tissue ready, it's been quite a long time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrew word for homosexual, please oh enlightened one, we're all waiting.
And those other ancient writing like the Dead Sea Scrolls that are changing the Bible, could you give us a couple of the names of those versions?
Help us all with your amazing insight or admit you are wrong.
LOL!
double smirk....
You won't get a reply because you've got his balls over a barrel. Kimare simply becomes silent when backed into a corner. I've witnessed this for decades.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Those nice old SRV 1952 tissue paged Bibles are the best. ;)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as God, someone invented the Sky Santa: All there is is the Universe, nothing more.
No Sky Santa ....

Just the Universe ..... Uni-.[One] verse-.[word[.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself would like to discuss whether or not God's face has been seen:
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
(also Psalm 63:2 Isa.6:1 & 6:5, Amos 7:7-8, Ezek. 20:35, Ex 24:9-10
Interesting

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed but fools like this have the right to have children and pass on the bs, they also have the right to vote in bigotry.
Thank GOD these people are quickly decreasing in number and remain just little nasty gnats that are just annoying but with no purpose or concern for humanity.
Sad, ignorance seems to have a hold of so many....
You are going to personal attack instead of arguing..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't get a reply because you've got his balls over a barrel. Kimare simply becomes silent when backed into a corner. I've witnessed this for decades.
The question was, what word was translated homosexual. I addressed that completely. There was no specificity about OT or NT.

I have no desire to argue Biblical language with faithless idiots spouting gay twirl they've copied from somewhere.

The bottom line is this; Historic Jewish and Christian understanding is consistent and identical. Homosexual sex is immoral. Common sense has told cultures and religions throughout human history the same thing.

Only a person in extreme denial would argue against history, all cultures, all religions, physical design, science and medical advice that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Unbelievably idiotic.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was, what word was translated homosexual. I addressed that completely. There was no specificity about OT or NT.
I have no desire to argue Biblical language with faithless idiots spouting gay twirl they've copied from somewhere.
The bottom line is this; Historic Jewish and Christian understanding is consistent and identical. Homosexual sex is immoral. Common sense has told cultures and religions throughout human history the same thing.
Only a person in extreme denial would argue against history, all cultures, all religions, physical design, science and medical advice that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Unbelievably idiotic.
Anally obsessed freak. Idiotic.
budda

Wickford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Iwas talking to the Devil the other day, and met up with alla and his mates .So we waited for the smoking weed, hippy, Jesus and beat him up with all his gay followers . Funny how he never had a girlfriend and only gay 12 fella's following him around...weird ...homo puff

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

budda wrote:
Iwas talking to the Devil the other day, and met up with alla and his mates .So we waited for the smoking weed, hippy, Jesus and beat him up with all his gay followers . Funny how he never had a girlfriend and only gay 12 fella's following him around...weird ...homo puff
Homo you didn't!!
Budda

Wickford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

lol, lifes a bitch ,Then you die ! So go forth and multiply for next week you'll be on the Jerammy Kyle Show for maintanance...
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was, what word was translated homosexual. I addressed that completely. There was no specificity about OT or NT...
Unbelievably idiotic.
No, you stated "man" plus "bed" is the the correct interpretation. How do you go from "man" plus "bed" to equal "homosexual"?
And if "man" plus "bed" is the correct interpretation, then obviously the bible says nothing about lesbians, right?
Your last sentence sums you up pretty well.

Wow are you stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Budda

Wickford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

D.T.A. M dont trust any mother f, ucker.....lol including the invisable one [its your self]
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>...
Unbelievably idiotic.
Please prove your "harmful, unhealthy and demeaning" claim. I dare you. Again. I think this is the third time...

Snicker Snort.

Robert
pink bragade

Wickford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

O hh these thongs are chasin up my hairy man but ass. I want a pregnant ass and give birth to the queerist looking terd that wriggles and says I love god THE BEAST .of a new age ...Plop is his name ..The new breed.Now worship me bitch ! Ismell sweet ...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta, you don't have to snicker and snort to be funny. Next time you take a dick up the A$$, just start giggling and then start singing "My Ding-A-Ling" then "Dear Penis", you'll get plenty of laughs. LMFAO
Another successful graduate of Kimare's Comedy School.
You're about as much fun as diarrhea while stick in traffic.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you stated "man" plus "bed" is the the correct interpretation. How do you go from "man" plus "bed" to equal "homosexual"?
And if "man" plus "bed" is the correct interpretation, then obviously the bible says nothing about lesbians, right?
Your last sentence sums you up pretty well.
Wow are you stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Once again,'I' did no such thing. Those qualified to interpret have done so. Over and over.

Sorry.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,701 - 14,720 of24,661
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••