Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36046 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16331 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote to KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This was your whole point?!? To prove how smart you are?!?
FAIL.
Wow are you stupid.
Robert
That is probably the most objective and impartial statement you have ever written in here. Thumbs up for the truth.

Location hidden

#16332 Feb 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.

ALAN: God wasn't there for Jesus. Jesus begged for God's help and was met with silence.

Location hidden

#16333 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you 'reporting' me, Man3/ES? Surely you believe that all homosexuals and other sinners will burn in hell forever, don't you?
Why can't I say the same of you?
Your hatred of homosexuals will be one of many reasons why you will burn in hell forever.
Good luck with that.
Robert
There are a hell of a lot of other reason he is going to hell as well. Refusing to do what Jesus said to do for one thing.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#16335 Feb 7, 2013
I would not read 739 pages of shit, even if somebody paid me to do it. Therefore, this is probably been said somewhere in here.
Homosexuality and the Bible. What a fucking joke number one am I supposed to believe that there is some magical spirit in the sky that is looking down on us, and if he, she or it is, than what the hell are they doing looking in people's bedrooms? What are they some sort of pervert.
Now tell me again how many times has the Bible been rewritten by the common man? Am I supposed to believe that some fairytale character has spoken to them and told them what to write in the book? What a joke LOL
If my neighbor likes taking it in the ass. I really do not care. It does not affect me in any way. He's not trying to put my ass so why should I care.
In addition, don't even get me started on the pro-life freaks that go around bombing and killing innocent people at Planned Parenthood. You know, most people that go to Planned Parenthood are there for yearly exams and birth control, and who the hell are you to tell a woman she should not or cannot take birth control. Do we really want to bunch of mothers running around having kids didn't want kids in the first place?
As you can probably tell, I'm not a very religious person. Actually, I'm not religious at all. I believe in the tried and true method of the others how you want to be treated, and thus far it is worked pretty well for me.
I do not mind that people are religious. I just do not like them, trying to shove it down my throat. I like eating pussy, but I do not go around trying to make everybody else do it

Location hidden

#16336 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."
Jesus--"If any man came to me and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26).
El Segundo

United States

#16337 Feb 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nothing.
The arguments of two fake "Reverends" is pointless?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16338 Feb 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't even make good toilet paper! I know I used to ask for a Bible free motel room when I used to travel and if it wasn't removed I would steal it and take it home and use it one page at a time in the bathroom.
Hmmmmm. Sorry to read that you have such a destructive compulsion with other people's property.

Do you do that with the Qur'an and Bhagavad Gita, too?

The Gita, being somewhat shorter, might make a good "edition" to your travel Dopp kit!

But, I wouldn't recommend it of the Qur'an. If certain people found out that you were doing this, left-handed or not, you might be found uncontrollably shitting your pants.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16339 Feb 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't even make good toilet paper! I know I used to ask for a Bible free motel room when I used to travel and if it wasn't removed I would steal it and take it home and use it one page at a time in the bathroom.
What? Those cheap counterfeit KJV? They only work as doorstops and fire starters. You need the nice old Bibles with tissue pages for toilet paper.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16340 Feb 7, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor me,...
I did, now I've moved on.

Perhaps you want to check your comprehension problem on the apple and walnut tree analogy?

Smile.
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#16341 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you want to check your comprehension problem on the apple and walnut tree analogy?
Smile.
Still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by 'homosexual' in the bible, and why homosexual is a more accurate word. Your "man" plus "bed" comedy routine was funny, BTW. Stupid, but funny. Just like you.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16343 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by 'homosexual' in the bible, and why homosexual is a more accurate word. Your "man" plus "bed" comedy routine was funny, BTW. Stupid, but funny. Just like you.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Wasn't mine, I quoted a reference.

Real sorry you didn't like it. It really bothers me.

Smile.
Mr Lopez

Montréal, Canada

#16344 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to stretch my butt hole now with your big pipe.. what word was replaced by 'homosexual' book I like, and why homosexual is a more accurate word to explain how I feel about a big d*ck in my loose butt. You the "man" plus good in "bed" comedy routine was funny, BTW. Stupid, because I like it in my mouth,swallowing so funny. Just like you.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Thank you for your honesty...
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#16346 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't mine, I quoted a reference.
Real sorry you didn't like it. It really bothers me.
Smile.
Oh, so now you're stealing comedy routines from other comedians?
And I loved it, BTW! You crack me up.
At least you are now admiting that you have no idea what word was replaced with 'homosexual' in the bible, nor if 'homosexual' should even be in the bible. That's a big step toward being logical. Good for you.
Alas, however, for the present you are still stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16347 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you're stealing comedy routines from other comedians?
And I loved it, BTW! You crack me up.
At least you are now admiting that you have no idea what word was replaced with 'homosexual' in the bible, nor if 'homosexual' should even be in the bible. That's a big step toward being logical. Good for you.
Alas, however, for the present you are still stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Stupid but funny right?
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#16348 Feb 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid but funny right?
Yup, in that order.

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16349 Feb 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."
Amen!

The Mountain Empire

#16350 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare will argue any point with you, just to satisfy his mental masturbatory desires. When backed into a corner, he'll just shift gears, or go into hiding for a little bit.
He can't hide from me, I'm his mangina. I'm going to steal his wife too.
Agreed but fools like this have the right to have children and pass on the bs, they also have the right to vote in bigotry.

Thank GOD these people are quickly decreasing in number and remain just little nasty gnats that are just annoying but with no purpose or concern for humanity.

Sad, ignorance seems to have a hold of so many....

The Mountain Empire

#16352 Feb 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Hebrew word for homosexual, please oh enlightened one, we're all waiting.

And those other ancient writing like the Dead Sea Scrolls that are changing the Bible, could you give us a couple of the names of those versions?

Help us all with your amazing insight or admit you are wrong.

LOL!

double smirk....

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16353 Feb 8, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
Genius, here are the results of a google search for "most accurate bible":
"The NIV as it is called, is the most often used, the most reliable, and the most often quoted of any of the major translations that are used today."
"The Most Accurate & Honest of all Bible Translations- the NWT"
"Most biblical scholars consider the NRSV (New Revised Standard Version) to be the all around best translation. Although there are a few other decent translations on the market these days, this one is fairly "literal" while maintaining a natural English style, and is the most accurate over all."
"The best single English translation to use to get as close as possible to the exact sense of the original is "The Comparative Study Bible" by Zondervan publishing house in Grand Rapids, Michigan."
"Why the King James Bible is Still the Best and Most Accurate"
"Still, the American Standard remains one of the most accurate of English language versions."
You are stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
First you have an ok part, then suddenly you end up quite stupid/ childish with thiese things:

"You are stupid.
Snicker Snort."

;)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16354 Feb 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
if you do, you should be fired.
Smile.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 1 hr aaa 159
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Marco R s Secret ... 210
News Baker wants US Supreme Court to hear gay weddin... 17 hr davy 10
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge (Aug '15) Sat swedenforever 513
News Connecticut's convention-goers head home, many ... Fri In Hillary Gays T... 1
News Can a new chief rabbi change the Israeli Rabbin... (Apr '13) Fri indict ELTON JOHN 17
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Fri Eddie Munster 30
More from around the web