Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,089

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#16326 Feb 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The Bible is crap.
It doesn't even make good toilet paper! I know I used to ask for a Bible free motel room when I used to travel and if it wasn't removed I would steal it and take it home and use it one page at a time in the bathroom.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16327 Feb 7, 2013
You are all idiots wrote:
Seriously, why is this even a debate? According to the bible we shouldn't eat pork, we shouldn't get divorces, we shouldn't get aroused by anyone other than our partners, and we should treat women as lower-class citizens.
Henceforth any man who tells me homosexuality is an abomination is going to have his wife stoned.
This is a debate because some of us have not evolved as far as others. Those lacking the evolutionary gift of the ability to use reason and logic do not debate the Bible, instead they dismiss it entirely. Those who only use their "lizard" brain believe just any old tale they are told and will kill should someone question it. Every thing they know about God is just something someone else has told them, or they themselves have made up in their own head. They assume everyone else is as stupid as they are so they insist that God is real to them and they know something the rest of do not know. The truth is these individuals are a pathetic evil who exist to make life miserable for the rest of us. There is no God and Christianity is the abomination.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16328 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter. You said I am "so stupid because I believe any old tale."
What "old tale" do I believe?
Robert
I give up, which one? Maybe the one that you are a self conscious free individual who lives his life as he wishes? Anyway I do not recall saying this to you. I was under medication a month or so ago and I know I made several error's answer people in the wrong reply screen. If I owe you an apology here it is: I'm sorry.

Did anyone believe you were "so stupid because..."?:)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16329 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
From one Rev. to another:
That's funny.
If one is inclined to practice a mantra of "believe nothing," one would have no reason to seek to verify anything.
Obviously, you actually are attempting to believe "nothing." But, equally obvious is your inability to describe just what that "nothing" is.
Rev. Ken
You are nothing.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16330 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you want to pick one point to discuss specifically?
Smile.
I myself would like to discuss whether or not God's face has been seen:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."

Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."

1John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."

Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."

Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."

Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."

Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

(also Psalm 63:2 Isa.6:1 & 6:5, Amos 7:7-8, Ezek. 20:35, Ex 24:9-10

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16331 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote to KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This was your whole point?!? To prove how smart you are?!?
FAIL.
Wow are you stupid.
Robert
That is probably the most objective and impartial statement you have ever written in here. Thumbs up for the truth.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16332 Feb 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.

ALAN: God wasn't there for Jesus. Jesus begged for God's help and was met with silence.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16333 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you 'reporting' me, Man3/ES? Surely you believe that all homosexuals and other sinners will burn in hell forever, don't you?
Why can't I say the same of you?
Your hatred of homosexuals will be one of many reasons why you will burn in hell forever.
Good luck with that.
Robert
There are a hell of a lot of other reason he is going to hell as well. Refusing to do what Jesus said to do for one thing.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#16335 Feb 7, 2013
I would not read 739 pages of shit, even if somebody paid me to do it. Therefore, this is probably been said somewhere in here.
Homosexuality and the Bible. What a fucking joke number one am I supposed to believe that there is some magical spirit in the sky that is looking down on us, and if he, she or it is, than what the hell are they doing looking in people's bedrooms? What are they some sort of pervert.
Now tell me again how many times has the Bible been rewritten by the common man? Am I supposed to believe that some fairytale character has spoken to them and told them what to write in the book? What a joke LOL
If my neighbor likes taking it in the ass. I really do not care. It does not affect me in any way. He's not trying to put my ass so why should I care.
In addition, don't even get me started on the pro-life freaks that go around bombing and killing innocent people at Planned Parenthood. You know, most people that go to Planned Parenthood are there for yearly exams and birth control, and who the hell are you to tell a woman she should not or cannot take birth control. Do we really want to bunch of mothers running around having kids didn't want kids in the first place?
As you can probably tell, I'm not a very religious person. Actually, I'm not religious at all. I believe in the tried and true method of the others how you want to be treated, and thus far it is worked pretty well for me.
I do not mind that people are religious. I just do not like them, trying to shove it down my throat. I like eating pussy, but I do not go around trying to make everybody else do it

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#16336 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."
Jesus--"If any man came to me and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26).
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16337 Feb 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nothing.
The arguments of two fake "Reverends" is pointless?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16338 Feb 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't even make good toilet paper! I know I used to ask for a Bible free motel room when I used to travel and if it wasn't removed I would steal it and take it home and use it one page at a time in the bathroom.
Hmmmmm. Sorry to read that you have such a destructive compulsion with other people's property.

Do you do that with the Qur'an and Bhagavad Gita, too?

The Gita, being somewhat shorter, might make a good "edition" to your travel Dopp kit!

But, I wouldn't recommend it of the Qur'an. If certain people found out that you were doing this, left-handed or not, you might be found uncontrollably shitting your pants.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16339 Feb 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Those cheap counterfeit KJV? They only work as doorstops and fire starters. You need the nice old Bibles with tissue pages for toilet paper.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16340 Feb 7, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor me,...
I did, now I've moved on.

Perhaps you want to check your comprehension problem on the apple and walnut tree analogy?

Smile.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16341 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, now I've moved on.
Perhaps you want to check your comprehension problem on the apple and walnut tree analogy?
Smile.
Still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by 'homosexual' in the bible, and why homosexual is a more accurate word. Your "man" plus "bed" comedy routine was funny, BTW. Stupid, but funny. Just like you.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16343 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to say what word was replaced by 'homosexual' in the bible, and why homosexual is a more accurate word. Your "man" plus "bed" comedy routine was funny, BTW. Stupid, but funny. Just like you.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Wasn't mine, I quoted a reference.

Real sorry you didn't like it. It really bothers me.

Smile.
Mr Lopez

Montréal, Canada

#16344 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to stretch my butt hole now with your big pipe.. what word was replaced by 'homosexual' book I like, and why homosexual is a more accurate word to explain how I feel about a big d*ck in my loose butt. You the "man" plus good in "bed" comedy routine was funny, BTW. Stupid, because I like it in my mouth,swallowing so funny. Just like you.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Thank you for your honesty...
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16346 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't mine, I quoted a reference.
Real sorry you didn't like it. It really bothers me.
Smile.
Oh, so now you're stealing comedy routines from other comedians?
And I loved it, BTW! You crack me up.
At least you are now admiting that you have no idea what word was replaced with 'homosexual' in the bible, nor if 'homosexual' should even be in the bible. That's a big step toward being logical. Good for you.
Alas, however, for the present you are still stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16347 Feb 7, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you're stealing comedy routines from other comedians?
And I loved it, BTW! You crack me up.
At least you are now admiting that you have no idea what word was replaced with 'homosexual' in the bible, nor if 'homosexual' should even be in the bible. That's a big step toward being logical. Good for you.
Alas, however, for the present you are still stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Stupid but funny right?
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16348 Feb 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid but funny right?
Yup, in that order.

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min Cali Girl 2014 50,053
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 59 min dmw 50
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 1 hr Fundies R Mentall... 37
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr SPECIAL 31,282
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 2 hr Wondering 41
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 3 hr WeTheSheeple 4
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 3 hr Grau 95

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE