Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,024

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16303 Feb 6, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
FACT: the word homosexual was NEVER in the Bible.
Neither was the word verily.
LOL....
Here we go again...

That's because they were written in Hebrew and Greek. Homosexual is an English word.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16304 Feb 6, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
Genius, here are the results of a google search for "most accurate bible":
"The NIV as it is called, is the most often used, the most reliable, and the most often quoted of any of the major translations that are used today."
"The Most Accurate & Honest of all Bible Translations- the NWT"
"Most biblical scholars consider the NRSV (New Revised Standard Version) to be the all around best translation. Although there are a few other decent translations on the market these days, this one is fairly "literal" while maintaining a natural English style, and is the most accurate over all."
"The best single English translation to use to get as close as possible to the exact sense of the original is "The Comparative Study Bible" by Zondervan publishing house in Grand Rapids, Michigan."
"Why the King James Bible is Still the Best and Most Accurate"
"Still, the American Standard remains one of the most accurate of English language versions."
You are stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
http://www.apbrown2.net/web/TranslationCompar...

Proof your hatred is equal to your stupidity.

Smirk smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16305 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What condensation and insincerity?
Lordy, child. Condensation is something you get on your toilet tank in the summer or on your windows in the winter.
Condescension is you thinking that you're superior to others (as in 99.9% of your posts).
Inner lesbian vagina is trying to help you, but you simply refuse to listen.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16306 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging from your comprehension shown so far, I really doubt you work on translating anything. if you do, you should be fired.
Smile.
Have you ever noticed that anyone who disagrees with you has a "comprehension" problem?

I don't comprehend how you can have a perfectly good vagina, yet you refuse to use it. Can we PLEASE buy a dildo and give it whirl? I'm thinking that the wifey could bang us like a screen door in a hurricane. You might even be ready for anal after that.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16307 Feb 6, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter Blue Bottle Fly?
Tongue stuck in another cowpie?
Blue Bottle Fly?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16308 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again...
That's because they were written in Hebrew and Greek. Homosexual is an English word.
Smirk.
Smirk all you like. It won't help you to be any closer to right than you were before.

Now you are trying your best to back out of your previous erroneous statements. No can do. You already displayed your problems with the truth of the matter.

Robsan is exactly right in his assessment of your posts.

And, yes, MiddleWay is a bonafide biblical scholar. But, you wouldn't be able to figure out if he is or is not, anyway. Your mind is closed.

See ya.

Rev. Ken
Hindu Guy

UK

#16309 Feb 6, 2013
Homosexual's are ALWAY'S trying to assault me sexually
Hindu Guy

UK

#16310 Feb 6, 2013
Homosexuals are ALWAYS trying to assault me sexually
Join Free

Location hidden

#16312 Feb 6, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk all you like. It won't help you to be any closer to right than you were before.
Now you are trying your best to back out of your previous erroneous statements. No can do. You already displayed your problems with the truth of the matter.
And, yes, MiddleWay is a bonafide biblical scholar. But, you wouldn't be able to figure out if he is or is not, anyway. Your mind is closed.
See ya.
Rev. Ken
No backing rev, that's you falling from the gay twirl.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16313 Feb 6, 2013
Hindu Guy wrote:
Homosexuals are ALWAYS trying to assault me sexually

Probably best not sit in the sauna with an erection then.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16315 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the question.
I answered the question. Go back and look at it.
Smile.
Humor me, I didn't see a Hebrew word, just a lousy Greek interpretation from a Hellenist writing.

Those poor Greeks have a 'camel' going through the eye of a needle instead of knowing the Hebrew word for 'ROPE'.

You might trust their interpretations but as a scholar and a paid researcher, I'll stick with the original, the correct version...

Smirk......

The Mountain Empire

#16316 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I said,'SUCH AS the Dead Sea scrolls'.
I did so, because most people are familiar with them.
Judging from your comprehension shown so far, I really doubt you work on translating anything. if you do, you should be fired.
Smile.
Well, fill us in on the others.

I know you are much more educated and do this for a living so please - educate us.

LOL......

The Mountain Empire

#16317 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again...
Smirk.
Still waiting for that Hebrew word.....

The Mountain Empire

#16318 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
See ya.
Rev. Ken
These people frighten me. Uneducated, ignorant and arrogant, just the type Jesus warned us about.

God help them....

The Mountain Empire

#16319 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No backing rev, that's you falling from the gay twirl.
Smile.
Neither Rev. Ken or myself are gay, nice typical bigoted response though.

Next.....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16320 Feb 7, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
These people frighten me. Uneducated, ignorant and arrogant, just the type Jesus warned us about.
God help them....
Jesus said, "Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16321 Feb 7, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God help them....
Kimare will argue any point with you, just to satisfy his mental masturbatory desires. When backed into a corner, he'll just shift gears, or go into hiding for a little bit.
He can't hide from me, I'm his mangina. I'm going to steal his wife too.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16322 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again...
Smirk.
Not really.

Homosexual (adj.)
1892, in C.G. Chaddock's translation of Krafft-Ebing's "Psychopathia Sexualis," from German homosexual, homosexuale (by 1880, in Gustav Jäger), from homo-, comb. form of Greek homos "same" (see homo-(1))+ Latin-based sexual.
"Homosexual" is a barbarously hybrid word, and I claim no responsibility for it. It is, however, convenient, and now widely used. "Homogenic" has been suggested as a substitute.[H. Havelock Ellis, "Studies in Psychology," 1897]
Sexual inversion (1883) was an earlier clinical term for it in English. The noun is recorded by 1895. In technical use, either male or female; but in non-technical use almost always male. Slang shortened form homo first attested 1929.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16323 Feb 7, 2013
Hindu Guy wrote:
Homosexual's are ALWAY'S trying to assault me sexually
So why are you hanging out in gay bars?
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16324 Feb 7, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably best not sit in the sauna with an erection then.
Yes, best not, RevKen may be in occupancy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 4 min Grau 30
New Zealand: Gay Activists Angry As Straight Me... 3 hr kenny thomas 17
Women dish on their most embarrassing wardrobe ... (Sep '13) 3 hr Kelly DJ 302
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr maurizio74 49,849
87-year-old felon wants back in Congress 4 hr Justin 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr All Politics Are ... 31,274
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 9 hr MAYOR DYSASTER 8
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••