Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 730)

Showing posts 14,581 - 14,600 of24,665
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16209
Jan 31, 2013
 
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.
No! He Isn't!!!

He very clearly condemns same sex relations!!!
He even destroyed a city because of it!!!

Don't even go there!
Gods message is very CLEAR!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16210
Jan 31, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response.
The answer to my question according to Scriptural record is this;
Acts 6:1-4 (NASB)
1 Now at this time while the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the Hellenistic Jews against the native Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily serving of food.
2 So the twelve summoned the congregation of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable for us to neglect the word of God in order to serve tables.
3 "Therefore, brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.
4 "But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
It is the first example of the office of Deacon. Seven men meeting the needs of only women.
As to your rejection of I Tim 2 & 3, I simply refer to Christ's response;
Mark 7:13 (MSG)
You scratch out God's Word and scrawl a whim in its place. You do a lot of things like this."
As to John 20, you are not honest about your assertion. There is no absolute indication anyone but the twelve Disciples, absent Thomas, were present.
As I stated, Scripture is clear and consistent in It's instruction and practice regarding gender authority.
Perhaps you want to try again?
Smile.
Keep up the good work KimAre.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16212
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up the good work KimAre.
Who are you replying to, Manmanman? The post you replied to was written by Kimare, but you wrote "KimAre". I think you have a problem with respecting others' boundaries.
I pray for you.

Robert
Bob

Ipswich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16213
Jan 31, 2013
 
Ahhhh the bib.......EL!
Well JC did run around with a gang of 12 'dudes'! Who got jealous when he kissed Mary Magdalene!
Seriously speaking, I think the whole point is that a coupling of man & man cannot produce a child so is a waste of precious man muck. Women & women.....all good, no waste of semen. Go forth & multiply remember.
Now that the planet is fairly full of useless people - wasting man juice is probably OK with the big G, therefore a sudden boom in "batty mans" innit. The bible was written when people were incredibly stupid. I hope we get a revision soon cause I'm too embarrassed to admit I'm from this planet.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16214
Jan 31, 2013
 
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you replying to, Manmanman? The post you replied to was written by Kimare, but you wrote "KimAre". I think you have a problem with respecting others' boundaries.
I pray for you.
Robert
:) Thanks for your prayer. Can you be more specific? How do you think I disrespect his boundaries?

Actually I didn't mean to spell his name wrong. I meant KiMare. That's his name ;)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16216
Jan 31, 2013
 
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled his wrong on purpose, el segundo. His name is KickMe! You do not respect the boundaries of others.
I pray that you will burn in hell forever.
Robert
Aw shuddup Robert you silly jackass! Bark like a dog for me! You know, like you used to. Woof! Yip! Yip!

You are a genuine JACKASS! And a sissy!

I pray you can't take a sh!t!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16217
Feb 1, 2013
 
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled his wrong on purpose, el segundo. His name is KickMe! You do not respect the boundaries of others.
I pray that you will burn in hell forever.
Robert
Reported of course; Father in Heaven, I pray for Robsahn5 that he will be full of love, not hate. And bless him in the name of Yeshua, the Son of God. Amen

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16218
Feb 1, 2013
 
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup Robert you silly jackass! Bark like a dog for me! You know, like you used to. Woof! Yip! Yip!
You are a genuine JACKASS! And a sissy!
I pray you can't take a sh!t!
Thanks for the protection.
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16219
Feb 1, 2013
 
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the protection.
Manmanman, if you are in agreements to observe my back, I will observe yours?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16220
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Another difference between marriage and gay couples;

A fruit tree bearing fruit.

A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.

A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.

A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.

Smile.
fogn

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16221
Feb 1, 2013
 
youtube.com/watch...
H.O.P.E is near,maybe?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16222
Feb 1, 2013
 
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Manmanman, if you are in agreements to observe my back, I will observe yours?
I didn't get you.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16223
Feb 1, 2013
 
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Manmanman, if you are in agreements to observe my back, I will observe yours?
You talk about protection?
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16224
Feb 1, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
Another difference between marriage and gay couples;
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Smile.
This post shows another difference between you and intelligence.
Wow you are stupid.

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16225
Feb 1, 2013
 
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup Robert you silly jackass! Bark like a dog for me! You know, like you used to. Woof! Yip! Yip!
You are a genuine JACKASS! And a sissy!
I pray you can't take a sh!t!
Well, it's my poor little junkyard doggie, still looking for someone to play with you.
That's just sad.

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16226
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The word homosexual was never in the Bible.

The end..........
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16227
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MiddleWay wrote:
The word homosexual was never in the Bible.
The end..........
It was a miracle that it suddenly appeared in 1946!
Funny, but no one here (I mean you, David!) has been able to say what word was used in its place in bibles written before 1946, and how that word suddenly was 'more accurately' translated as homosexual.
Just another of the mysteries of god, I guess.
Not!

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16228
Feb 1, 2013
 
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported of course; Father in Heaven, I pray for Robsahn5 that he will be full of love, not hate. And bless him in the name of Yeshua, the Son of God. Amen
Why are you 'reporting' me, Man3/ES? Surely you believe that all homosexuals and other sinners will burn in hell forever, don't you?
Why can't I say the same of you?
Your hatred of homosexuals will be one of many reasons why you will burn in hell forever.
Good luck with that.

Robert

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16230
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

MiddleWay wrote:
The word homosexual was never in the Bible.
The end..........
So if a Bible has the word homosexual written in it, is it still the word of God?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16233
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response.
The answer to my question according to Scriptural record is this;
Acts 6:1-4 (NASB)
1 Now at this time while the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the Hellenistic Jews against the native Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily serving of food.
2 So the twelve summoned the congregation of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable for us to neglect the word of God in order to serve tables.
3 "Therefore, brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.
4 "But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
It is the first example of the office of Deacon. Seven men meeting the needs of only women.
As to your rejection of I Tim 2 & 3, I simply refer to Christ's response;
Mark 7:13 (MSG)
You scratch out God's Word and scrawl a whim in its place. You do a lot of things like this."
As to John 20, you are not honest about your assertion. There is no absolute indication anyone but the twelve Disciples, absent Thomas, were present.
As I stated, Scripture is clear and consistent in It's instruction and practice regarding gender authority.
Perhaps you want to try again?
Smile.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting that you would pick the scriptural passage of Chapter 7 in Mark.
The whole idea of the passage is about the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. Like the modern day biblical Literalists/Fundamentalists, they built their practice around strict interpretations. But, they forgot what it was all about.
Pardon my French, but BS. The Pharisees did not follow a literal translation and Jesus called them on it. Liberal denominations are the modern day Pharisees. Nice gay twirl...
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
As to who was present after the Resurrection when Jesus came to them, it is you, not me, who is not being honest.
In Luke 24:8 the scripture reads: "Then they remembered his words, and returning from the tomb, they told all this to the eleven and to all the rest. Now it was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them who told this to the apostles.
Not the same event where Jesus breathed on the Disciples. Again, a deceitful gay twirl.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
And again at 24:33 it is written, "That same hour they got up and returned to Jerusalem; and they found the eleven and their companions gathered together." Read on and understand.
In The acts of the Apostles, chapter 1:14 scripture reads "All these were constantly devoting themselves to prayer, together with certain women, including Mary the mother of Jesus, as well as his brothers."

Nor were those the same setting.

[QUOTE who="RevKen"]<quo ted text>
And again in Acts, Chapter 2:18
"Even upon my slaves, both men and women, in those days I will pour out my Spirit; and they shall prophesy."
And again in Chapter 9:2 "..., so that if he found any who belonged to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem."
Your assertion was that women were present when Jesus breathed on the Disciples. All you are doing is bringing up numerous other settings that have no bearing. This is exactly why I referenced Mark 7.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,581 - 14,600 of24,665
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••