Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,026

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16225 Feb 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup Robert you silly jackass! Bark like a dog for me! You know, like you used to. Woof! Yip! Yip!
You are a genuine JACKASS! And a sissy!
I pray you can't take a sh!t!
Well, it's my poor little junkyard doggie, still looking for someone to play with you.
That's just sad.

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16226 Feb 1, 2013
The word homosexual was never in the Bible.

The end..........
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16227 Feb 1, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
The end..........
It was a miracle that it suddenly appeared in 1946!
Funny, but no one here (I mean you, David!) has been able to say what word was used in its place in bibles written before 1946, and how that word suddenly was 'more accurately' translated as homosexual.
Just another of the mysteries of god, I guess.
Not!

Robert
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16228 Feb 1, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported of course; Father in Heaven, I pray for Robsahn5 that he will be full of love, not hate. And bless him in the name of Yeshua, the Son of God. Amen
Why are you 'reporting' me, Man3/ES? Surely you believe that all homosexuals and other sinners will burn in hell forever, don't you?
Why can't I say the same of you?
Your hatred of homosexuals will be one of many reasons why you will burn in hell forever.
Good luck with that.

Robert

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16230 Feb 1, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
The end..........
So if a Bible has the word homosexual written in it, is it still the word of God?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16233 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response.
The answer to my question according to Scriptural record is this;
Acts 6:1-4 (NASB)
1 Now at this time while the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the Hellenistic Jews against the native Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily serving of food.
2 So the twelve summoned the congregation of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable for us to neglect the word of God in order to serve tables.
3 "Therefore, brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.
4 "But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
It is the first example of the office of Deacon. Seven men meeting the needs of only women.
As to your rejection of I Tim 2 & 3, I simply refer to Christ's response;
Mark 7:13 (MSG)
You scratch out God's Word and scrawl a whim in its place. You do a lot of things like this."
As to John 20, you are not honest about your assertion. There is no absolute indication anyone but the twelve Disciples, absent Thomas, were present.
As I stated, Scripture is clear and consistent in It's instruction and practice regarding gender authority.
Perhaps you want to try again?
Smile.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting that you would pick the scriptural passage of Chapter 7 in Mark.
The whole idea of the passage is about the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. Like the modern day biblical Literalists/Fundamentalists, they built their practice around strict interpretations. But, they forgot what it was all about.
Pardon my French, but BS. The Pharisees did not follow a literal translation and Jesus called them on it. Liberal denominations are the modern day Pharisees. Nice gay twirl...
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
As to who was present after the Resurrection when Jesus came to them, it is you, not me, who is not being honest.
In Luke 24:8 the scripture reads: "Then they remembered his words, and returning from the tomb, they told all this to the eleven and to all the rest. Now it was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them who told this to the apostles.
Not the same event where Jesus breathed on the Disciples. Again, a deceitful gay twirl.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
And again at 24:33 it is written, "That same hour they got up and returned to Jerusalem; and they found the eleven and their companions gathered together." Read on and understand.
In The acts of the Apostles, chapter 1:14 scripture reads "All these were constantly devoting themselves to prayer, together with certain women, including Mary the mother of Jesus, as well as his brothers."

Nor were those the same setting.

[QUOTE who="RevKen"]<quo ted text>
And again in Acts, Chapter 2:18
"Even upon my slaves, both men and women, in those days I will pour out my Spirit; and they shall prophesy."
And again in Chapter 9:2 "..., so that if he found any who belonged to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem."
Your assertion was that women were present when Jesus breathed on the Disciples. All you are doing is bringing up numerous other settings that have no bearing. This is exactly why I referenced Mark 7.

Location hidden

#16234 Feb 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry that you cannot yet see these things. But, there are many who do not yet understand and so, you have plenty of company. But, the truth is that women were officially very much a part of the Ministry of the Gospel then, and they are also doing all that is asked of them in the Spirit, today.
In our Churches, they may hold the offices of Deacon, priest and bishop, and they are very good at it.
Rev. Ken
In 'your' churches people are leaving. Especially men. Those left are predominately gray heads.

I simply ask you to produce a clear consistent representation of instruction and practice of gender equality in formal Church leadership.

So far, the Disciples were all men. The first example of Deacons were men, dealing solely with a female issue.

Care to try again rev?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#16235 Feb 1, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been proven the lesbians have sex with animals, usually their dog,to get sexual gratification because they can't stand to be with a man. What kind of dog does you, bitc.h????
Your post proves you are a nut.

Would you like the name of a good therapist?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16236 Feb 1, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's my poor little junkyard doggie, still looking for someone to play with you.
That's just sad.
Robert
So how can you handle your sadness?
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16238 Feb 1, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So how can you handle your sadness?
When did I say I was sad? You are insulting me by violating my boundaries. I will report you.
I pray you burn in hell for your sins, Man3/ES.

Robert
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16240 Feb 1, 2013
maria wrote:
<quoted text>GAY LIAR!. Compulsive liar! wellknown TROLL!!!
Wow Pablo, it took you that long to google my name? You're kinda slow, aren't you?

Robert
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#16242 Feb 1, 2013
maria wrote:
ROBSAN: compulsive gay liar and TROLL, harassing people who are interested in the Bible.
Oh, no, I harass people who are going to London for an "Ecomomics" seminar.

Robert

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16245 Feb 2, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Manmanman, if you are in agreements to observe my back, I will observe yours?
Dear Manmanman El Segundo Buzzing Blue Bottle Fly Useless Feckless Talking-to-yourself Twit,

I would be interested in observing how you can observe your own back while simultaneously observing you observing yourself!

It might solve the riddle of looking into the curvature of seemingly infinite, reflected images that occur between two mirrors facing each other, as to where the end actually is.

On second thought, I don't think that such an observation of you watching your own two backs would be very pretty. So, I am going to pass on that.

Instead, I think you might be more successful in this endeavor by going into a dark closet by yourself and self-flagellating El Segundo with the MMM Twit whip. Be sure to achieve orgasm so that we don't have to put up with your internal conflicts for a time.

Then, please consider going away. Just don't go away mad.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#16246 Feb 2, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about protection?
Forgot one or so additional adjectives:

"Manmanman El Segundo Self-Flagellating Schizoid Blue Bottle Fly Useless and Feckless Twit"

Location hidden

#16247 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response.
The answer to my question according to Scriptural record is this;
Acts 6:1-4 (NASB)
1 Now at this time while the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the Hellenistic Jews against the native Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily serving of food.
2 So the twelve summoned the congregation of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable for us to neglect the word of God in order to serve tables.
3 "Therefore, brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.
4 "But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
It is the first example of the office of Deacon. Seven men meeting the needs of only women.
As to your rejection of I Tim 2 & 3, I simply refer to Christ's response;
Mark 7:13 (MSG)
You scratch out God's Word and scrawl a whim in its place. You do a lot of things like this."
As to John 20, you are not honest about your assertion. There is no absolute indication anyone but the twelve Disciples, absent Thomas, were present.
As I stated, Scripture is clear and consistent in It's instruction and practice regarding gender authority.
Perhaps you want to try again?
Smile.
<quoted text>
Pardon my French, but BS. The Pharisees did not follow a literal translation and Jesus called them on it. Liberal denominations are the modern day Pharisees. Nice gay twirl...
<quoted text>
Not the same event where Jesus breathed on the Disciples. Again, a deceitful gay twirl.
<quoted text>
Your assertion was that women were present when Jesus breathed on the Disciples. All you are doing is bringing up numerous other settings that have no bearing. This is exactly why I referenced Mark 7.
LOL!!!.....

And this is precisely why you do not understand.

Location hidden

#16248 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In 'your' churches people are leaving. Especially men. Those left are predominately gray heads.
I simply ask you to produce a clear consistent representation of instruction and practice of gender equality in formal Church leadership.
So far, the Disciples were all men. The first example of Deacons were men, dealing solely with a female issue.
Care to try again rev?
"You can lead a horse to water. But, you cannot make him drink."

This is also scripture.

Location hidden

#16249 Feb 2, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.....
And this is precisely why you do not understand.
Ad homoan diversion for a failed argument.

Your assertion is that the consistent practice and instruction of Scripture about gender authority really means just the opposite.

A perfect example of the blind leading fewer and fewer blind.

Smirk.

The Mountain Empire

#16250 Feb 2, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a Bible has the word homosexual written in it, is it still the word of God?
LOL!

Nope, it's like most recent modernized condensed rewritten by monks version written by MAN with evil in his heart.

If Yeshua said:

18 Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah not until everything that must happen has happened. 19 So whoever disobeys the least of these mitzvot and teaches others to do so will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever obeys them and so teaches will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

there will be HELL to pay for rewriting the teachings.

How is it us Jews (and other scholars) know these things...
Robsan5

United States

#16251 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad homoan diversion for a failed argument.
Your assertion is that the consistent practice and instruction of Scripture about gender authority really means just the opposite.
A perfect example of the blind leading fewer and fewer blind.
Smirk.
Or in your case, the stupid being stupid.

Man are you stupid.

Snicker Snort.

Robert

The Mountain Empire

#16252 Feb 2, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a miracle that it suddenly appeared in 1946!
Funny, but no one here (I mean you, David!) has been able to say what word was used in its place in bibles written before 1946, and how that word suddenly was 'more accurately' translated as homosexual.
Just another of the mysteries of god, I guess.
Not!
Robert
I agree, more like the blatant bigotry of man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min KiMerde 49,882
Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop 1 hr Belle Sexton 2
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 1 hr Currywurst 4
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 1 hr Grau 49
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 2 hr Buford 4
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 4 hr GUMP locator 15
87-year-old felon wants back in Congress 16 hr Your Ex 3
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••