Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,356

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16127 Jan 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Gay couples will never fulfill the core root of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples will never bring the unique product of uniting diverse genders.
Gay couples will never procreate or bring the balance of a mother and father to the child.
The list goes on.
You can create a legal contract called marriage, but that will be all it is. Shallow and far short of the full spectrum of real marriage.
Fake, pretend, imposter and counterfeit don't do your Frankenstein creation justice. Unmarriage is more like it.
Get back to me when you can match the basic essence of marriage.
Smile.
Dear Toothless Smile with bad breath,

In reply:

1. Marriage has nothing to do with any constraint on mating behavior. In fact, marriage is exactly the opposite. It is , most generally, a private covenant between two consenting adults that, among other benefits, liberates mutually desireable mating behavior between the participants. It is not at all limited to or defined by the act of procreation. No two couples are alike, whether heterosexual or homosexual. You have no say in their behavior.

2. On the contrary, Gay couples demonstrate the unique product of uniting diverse genders. You just don't recognize how they constitute their gender identity and you don't admit any reason for any such couple to exclusively commit to each other. Your problems. Not theirs.

3. Your statement is a lie. Whether by contribution of sperm or egg, Gay couples can and do provide the genetic material that has and will result in new human beings. Furthermore, as adoptive parents, many Gay couples have already proven their excellent capabilities in the raising of well-adjusted, normally sexually oriented children. As parents, they have proven themselves to be as good as any and much better than many who fit your stereotype of a family.

4. The universal State recognition of legal contract is precisely what the Gay couple is rightly requesting, with all of the attendant benefits, and this is precisely what they are going to receive the right to get. As for the spiritual marriage, the Gay couple who makes their mutual commitment out of a liberating love, respect, welfare and trust are already demonstrating the essentials of marriage.

5. It is not the successful Gay couple that exhibits the "Frankenstein" model of the "wedding" of two souls. It is, instead, most often the "Frankensteinian" fitting of two differentially yoked heterosexuals into a badly-wrought union that, under the guise of a socially proper heterosexual marriage, harbors the seeds of violence and mistrust and abandonment.

There is no need for any of these Gay couples to get back to you, at all. Your understanding doesn't merit their reply.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of Christ Jesus.

Location hidden

#16129 Jan 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Here is another difference;
Even at the most intimate union, marriage is literally the reunion of two parts designed to fit together as one genderless single life form.
Anal sex on the other hand replaces screams of pleasure with screams of pain.
Snicker.
LOL!!!....

Sounds like you are describing birds to me; modern, warm-blooded descendants of the dinosaurs that eventually crawled out of the sea and grew feathers.

As for your description of pleasure vs. pain, voice of experience?

Location hidden

#16130 Jan 25, 2013
Billie Bluejay wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose your God doesn't exist. Then what?
Well, then ....(LOL)... You don't exist.
Curious

Phoenix, AZ

#16132 Jan 25, 2013
enn wrote:
Just a quick note to all the holy rollers that are for some reason hanging out at an internet sex chat site: God is gay, and so is your dads brothers niece's and nephew's!
I see what you did there :P
Curious

Phoenix, AZ

#16133 Jan 25, 2013
I love how Christians on here think that their form of marriage is the only one. So I cant dance around the Beltaine Tree with my gf and I wont technically be married because there was no minister?!?! F*cking bs.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16138 Jan 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>

We all know your family/friends do not know that you frequent these sites.
You say: We all know

I just wanted to say I am not included in that; I am not one of the "We";

Any other people who are also not one of the "We"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16139 Jan 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>

We all know your family/friends do not know that you frequent these sites.

Any other people who are also not one of the "We"?

veryvermilion: How can you come with a message and talk about yourself and not using the word "We"?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#16140 Jan 25, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other people who are also not one of the "We"?
veryvermilion: How can you come with a message and talk about yourself and not using the word "We"?
I'm talking about the people who talk to him on other TOPIX discussion forums--those of us who have figured out his ruse.

If you read his comments on all of the various forums where he posts, you'll come to the same conclusion.

No straight man knows all he knows about gays and gay sex.

He's a very sick man.
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16141 Jan 25, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then ....(LOL)... You don't exist.
What do you say guys, even a fake "Reverend" can give a correct answer occasionally?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16142 Jan 25, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Toothless Smile with bad breath,
In reply:
1. Marriage has nothing to do with any constraint on mating behavior. In fact, marriage is exactly the opposite. It is , most generally, a private covenant between two consenting adults that, among other benefits, liberates mutually desireable mating behavior between the participants. It is not at all limited to or defined by the act of procreation. No two couples are alike, whether heterosexual or homosexual. You have no say in their behavior.
2. On the contrary, Gay couples demonstrate the unique product of uniting diverse genders. You just don't recognize how they constitute their gender identity and you don't admit any reason for any such couple to exclusively commit to each other. Your problems. Not theirs.
3. Your statement is a lie. Whether by contribution of sperm or egg, Gay couples can and do provide the genetic material that has and will result in new human beings. Furthermore, as adoptive parents, many Gay couples have already proven their excellent capabilities in the raising of well-adjusted, normally sexually oriented children. As parents, they have proven themselves to be as good as any and much better than many who fit your stereotype of a family.
4. The universal State recognition of legal contract is precisely what the Gay couple is rightly requesting, with all of the attendant benefits, and this is precisely what they are going to receive the right to get. As for the spiritual marriage, the Gay couple who makes their mutual commitment out of a liberating love, respect, welfare and trust are already demonstrating the essentials of marriage.
5. It is not the successful Gay couple that exhibits the "Frankenstein" model of the "wedding" of two souls. It is, instead, most often the "Frankensteinian" fitting of two differentially yoked heterosexuals into a badly-wrought union that, under the guise of a socially proper heterosexual marriage, harbors the seeds of violence and mistrust and abandonment.
There is no need for any of these Gay couples to get back to you, at all. Your understanding doesn't merit their reply.
Rev. Ken
You are an apostate full of heresy.

Marriage is a cross cultural (common to every culture in history)
constraint (defines a unique relationship)
on evolutionary mating behavior (so powerful that it equates to the desire to air and food).

President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship. A description that fits numerous relationships that then must be defined as 'marriage'.

It is an attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship so an imposter relationship can impose itself in a futile attempt to look normal. Ignorantly, it denies the reality that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it stands distinct.

Even more telling, it exposes the insecurity of a relationship that is unable to stand on it's own merits.

Even if a court tries to impose it's ruling on reality, even a child will always be able to tell the difference between marriage and gay couples. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.

Smile.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#16143 Jan 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
on evolutionary mating behavior (so powerful that it equates to the desire to air and food).
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship. A description that fits numerous relationships that then must be defined as 'marriage'.
It is an attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship so an imposter relationship can impose itself in a futile attempt to look normal. Ignorantly, it denies the reality that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it stands distinct.
Even more telling, it exposes the insecurity of a relationship that is unable to stand on it's own merits.
Even if a court tries to impose it's ruling on reality, even a child will always be able to tell the difference between marriage and gay couples. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.
Smile.
KiMare's posts are copied and pasted verbatim from other boards.

This person is a one-trick pony.

He is on at least seven discussion boards here on TOPIX--ALL of them are gay-related.

He has a fascination with gays, unlike anything I've seen before.

He should be ignored. It's the only way to stop him from trolling and stirring up hateful sentiment.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16144 Jan 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare's posts are copied and pasted verbatim from other boards.
This person is a one-trick pony.
He is on at least seven discussion boards here on TOPIX--ALL of them are gay-related.
He has a fascination with gays, unlike anything I've seen before.
He should be ignored. It's the only way to stop him from trolling and stirring up hateful sentiment.
But he is so fun to mock. I love shaking his cage.

Robert

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#16146 Jan 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Only in your eyes, because you're a bitter old Kuntmare, with a dusty mangina.

"Friends" don't share the same love as a committed couple, and you know it.

Troll on, Mangina Man.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#16147 Jan 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a geriatric troll, with a dusty mangina, third nipple, psychotic alter-ego (schizophrenia) and a plethora of non-arguments against SSM.

Why such a hater, Kuntmare?

Location hidden

#16150 Jan 26, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you say guys, even a fake "Reverend" can give a correct answer occasionally?
LOL!!!....

Thanks, Manmanman!
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16151 Jan 26, 2013
Jim Davis wrote:
<quoted text>You are completely irrational, paranoid, and an anti-Christian bigot.
Christianity is based on the Bible and the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms- no interpretation is needed. The Bible defines Christian beliefs. You choose to live in open rebellion against the Bible. If you felt good about your choices, you wouldn't obsess on trolling threads dealing with the Bible
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
David, you still haven't answered my simple question: is the bible to taken literally word-for-word, or are some parts figurative?
Oh, here's another simple question: do all parts of Leviticus still apply to modern christians?

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16152 Jan 26, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Manmanman, I wasn't sure you were also posting as el segundo until you posted this. Why do you bother posting as multiple people? If you want to, that's fine, but you have to remember to use different sentence structures and phrases.

Robert

Location hidden

#16153 Jan 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
LOL!!!....

No.

The American College Dictionary:

apostate, n. 1. one who forsakes his church.... etc.

Sorry. I have not forsaken my church.

constraint, n. 1. confinement or restriction. 2. repression of natural feelings and impulses. 3. unnatural restraint in manner, etc.; embarrassment. 4. something that constrains. 5. act of constraining. 6. condition of being constrained.[ME constreinte, t. OF, prop. pp. fem. of constreindre CONSTRAIN]

Sorry. Your citing is NOT the definition of the word you have used.

Marriage, properly created is a mutually supportive liberation of the souls of the couple. This is why Christ Jesus recited the text of the wording in Genesis, saying, "Have you not read ...?" The union created, which is blessed and sanctified by the Spirit through the priest or shaman, is the reality.

President Obama does not define Marriage.

I previously responded:

2. Gay couples demonstrate the unique product of uniting diverse genders. You just don't recognize how they constitute their gender identity and you don't admit any reason for any such couple to exclusively commit to each other. Your problems. Not theirs.

3. Whether by contribution of sperm or egg, Gay couples can and do provide genetic material that does result in new human beings. Furthermore, as adoptive parents, many Gay couples have already proven their excellent capabilities in the raising of well-adjusted, normally sexually oriented children. As parents, they have also proven themselves to be as good as any and much better than many who fit your stereotype of a family.

4. The universal State recognition of legal contract is precisely what the Gay couple is rightly requesting, with all of the attendant benefits. This State endorsement of their union is precisely what they are going to get. As for their spiritual marriage, the Gay couple who makes their mutual commitment out of a liberating love, respect, welfare and trust is a union already demonstrating the essentials of marriage. Such union is fully deserving of sanctification.

5. The successful Gay couple correctly presents the model of the "wedding" of two souls. Instead, most often, it is the "Frankensteinian" fitting of two differentially yoked heterosexuals into a badly-wrought union that, under the guise of a socially proper heterosexual marriage, harbors the seeds of violence and mistrust and abandonment.

Your understanding of these issues is found wanting.

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16154 Jan 26, 2013
Jim Davis wrote:
<quoted text>You are completely irrational, paranoid, and an anti-Christian bigot.
Christianity is based on the Bible and the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms- no interpretation is needed. The Bible defines Christian beliefs. You choose to live in open rebellion against the Bible. If you felt good about your choices, you wouldn't obsess on trolling threads dealing with the Bible
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Cherry picked nonsense.

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Then Jesus goes on to show how he disregards the Law which is written.

For example, murder is exactly the same as passing judgment on others as you do Adam.

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago,‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[b][c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister,‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says,‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

He disregarded the divorce dispensations as written in the Law.

31 “It has been said,‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

He disregarded hate which you personify David.

43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Jesus said he never changed the Law. What Law was Jesus referring too David?

Location hidden

#16155 Jan 26, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Manmanman, I wasn't sure you were also posting as el segundo until you posted this. Why do you bother posting as multiple people? If you want to, that's fine, but you have to remember to use different sentence structures and phrases.
Robert
Moreover, why does he attack himself and then feign injury to get sympathy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min Jonah1 50,652
With gay marriage comes question: I do or I don't 20 min Sick and Tired 26
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 39 min An NFL Fan 44
'I cannot stay silent, I do not agree' 1 hr BigRabbit 2
Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) 2 hr Bakatari 175
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr Here We Go Again 31,304
No Same-Sex Marriages in Murphy, NC Yet, But Of... 3 hr _Timmy 2

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE