Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,441 - 14,460 of 24,905 Comments Last updated 49 min ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16071 Jan 22, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Think about it for a minute. Who is the one who never contributes anything other than to claim that "Manmanman" has an alter ego? "RevKen" is actually "Manmanman".
:-)
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#16072 Jan 22, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know all serious persons, and you know what they will ask?
I know a serious question from a loaded one, I know that demegouges expect people to prove a negative.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16073 Jan 22, 2013
Marriage is a cross cultural (common to every culture in history)
constraint (defines a unique relationship)
on evolutionary mating behavior (so powerful that it equates to the desire to air and food).

President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship. A description that fits numerous relationships that then must be defined as 'marriage'.

It is an attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship so an imposter relationship can impose itself in a futile attempt to look normal. Ignorantly, it denies the reality that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it stands distinct.

Even more telling, it exposes the insecurity of a relationship that is unable to stand on it's own merits.

Even if a court tries to impose it's ruling on reality, even a child will always be able to tell the difference between marriage and gay couples. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16074 Jan 22, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not an answer to my question. Do you manage to be in dialogue?
Do you ever manage to make sense.. Or to not be a bullshitting fake....
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#16075 Jan 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a cross cultural (common to every culture in history)
constraint (defines a unique relationship)
on evolutionary mating behavior (so powerful that it equates to the desire to air and food).
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship. A description that fits numerous relationships that then must be defined as 'marriage'.
It is an attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship so an imposter relationship can impose itself in a futile attempt to look normal. Ignorantly, it denies the reality that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it stands distinct.
Even more telling, it exposes the insecurity of a relationship that is unable to stand on it's own merits.
Even if a court tries to impose it's ruling on reality, even a child will always be able to tell the difference between marriage and gay couples. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.
Very Good point, you seem to have a clear understanding of whats at issue an the limits of the oppositions propaganda efforts.

"Facts are stuborn things" - John Adams

The left took the very same attitudnal stance when it came to abortion. That oppsition would disappear soon and that abortion would stay relativley rare, and have no further consequences.

Abortion is something that most people have a real interest in, considering that children are a considerable burden and the ability to abort a child can bee seen as a self interest to all.

Even so, the pro-life movement hs been incredibly effective and reilant even after 40 years its stronger tha ever.

Same sex "marriage" has no self interest dynamic amoung most people and once informed theyredily see how dumbing down marriage makes it impossible to address issue's like Fatherlessness, and the like. They also will go to the mat for the basic and uniersally popular idea that children need mothers & fathers.

"an inmoral law is no law at all" - Martin Luther King.

Location hidden

#16076 Jan 22, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Do you ever manage to make sense.. Or to not be a bullshitting fake....
Can you be specific? What do you want to achieve now?

Location hidden

#16078 Jan 22, 2013
Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> Please ignore his nasty demeanor. He is frustrated at not knowing a thing about religion or values.
Thanks for supporting me. I appreciate that.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#16079 Jan 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship.
Delusional Geriatric Troll droppings, Kuntmare.
Troll on, Mangina Man.

Location hidden

#16080 Jan 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship.
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional Geriatric Troll droppings, Kuntmare.
Troll on, Mangina Man.
Are you talking about President Obama or your response.

I simply quoted the definition of a friendship.

Snicker.

Illinois

#16082 Jan 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I simply quoted the definition of a friendship.
Delusional Geriatric Troll Droppings.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16085 Jan 23, 2013
Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> Please ignore his nasty demeanor. He is frustrated at not knowing a thing about religion or values.
You the drain spout?....
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16087 Jan 23, 2013
Voila wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud.
It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it, and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole. There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,' and no economically unequal genders are involved.
Why not forget about disenfranchising others in order for force your concocted, failed philosophy into law? Why not try a little live and let live?
There is no rational argument in favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Just calling those who oppose it 'bigots' is no rational argument!
Poor David. Still trying to deny those homosexual desires you have? How's that going?

Robert

Illinois

#16088 Jan 23, 2013
Voila wrote:
<quoted>
There is no rational argument in favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Just calling those who oppose it 'bigots' is no rational argument!
As a taxpayer, I'm entitled to rights. At the moment, we do not have equality. We will have it, soon, and you'll still have the right to disagree.

Location hidden

#16094 Jan 23, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
David, I don't think it's an insult to say that someone is homosexual, anymore than saying that someone is left-handed is an insult. It is just the way god made you. How can that be bad? You should embrace the way god made you, not deny it.
Robert
How do you know so much about other people?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16095 Jan 23, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know so much about other people?
Now thats hilarious..... Talk about a fictional quote....(lol)

Location hidden

#16096 Jan 23, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Now thats hilarious..... Talk about a fictional quote....(lol)
What do you think is hilarious? Can you explain yourself more clearly? I don't understand you.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16097 Jan 23, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think is hilarious? Can you explain yourself more clearly? I don't understand you.
Your above quote... That is just absurd...:)

Location hidden

#16098 Jan 23, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
As a taxpayer, I'm entitled to rights. At the moment, we do not have equality. We will have it, soon, and you'll still have the right to disagree.
Still wondering why two men need the protection and benefits designed for women and children.

Snicker.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16099 Jan 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Still wondering why two men need the protection and benefits designed for women and children.
Snicker.
Still wondering how stupid you are.

You are stupid. Fantastically funny, but stupid.
Snort snicker snort.

Robert
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#16100 Jan 23, 2013
Voila wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud.
It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it, and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole. There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,' and no economically unequal genders are involved.
Why not forget about disenfranchising others in order for force your concocted, failed philosophy into law? Why not try a little live and let live?
You need some new material David you boring sourpuss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This industry illustrates the unresolved legal ... 18 min Dr Reker s Bellhop 15
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 1 hr Sneaky Pete 28
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 1 hr Quest 13
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Another View 31,216
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr B Hole 49,456
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 22
Obamas attend wedding of their longtime chef 2 hr serfs up 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••