Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,281 - 14,300 of 24,895 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15851 Jan 14, 2013
Not for RevKen:

RevKen doesn't follow the rules for discussion that I like; Respect and so on, and then I just drop to discuss with him.
gazza

London, UK

#15852 Jan 14, 2013
I don't get why gays want to have their cake and eat it so much if ur gay and got a bf then that's ur own business whoopy doo for you but why push for marriage and Gods blessing when clearly paul says its wrong

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#15853 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No understanding of sexuality? How ignorantly arrogant.
Did you know that while shellfish are only 20% of the fish eaten TODAY, they are the cause of 80% of seafood poisoning? In Biblical times shellfish were considered a aphrodisiac. Except for the Hebrews. Please explain how they knew the danger without 'science and technology'? Especially since you didn't even know.
Your ignorance of the Laws is also exposed by not understanding the types and purposes of the Law.
Please explain how the Jewish culture is the longest surviving culture with the most profound impact today of any culture in history? Just as the Alien predicted on the mountain when He gave the Law.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
A deceitful 'Rev'? On Sunday no less. Shame on you!
Two words, one of which you choose to remove;
-Surviving
-Significance
None of your examples meet those 'definitions'.
Or explain how the Alien Law giver predicted the outcome.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/
jsource/Judaism/nobels.html
Perhaps you want to find a culture that supersedes?
Snicker smile.
<quoted text>
How many Nobel Prizes did those Zoroastrians win last year?
John 4:11
Snicker smile.
Here is a list of Nobel Prize winners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_la...

Draw your own conclusions.

Your fingers type out "Snicker smile." But, your brain telegraphs ignorance and alien abduction.

Rev. Ken
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#15854 Jan 14, 2013
gazza wrote:
I don't get why gays want to have their cake and eat it so much if ur gay and got a bf then that's ur own business whoopy doo for you but why push for marriage and Gods blessing when clearly paul says its wrong
Because:
1. Saul is not god;
2. Marriage is a civil institution, and people, not god, make civil laws.

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#15855 Jan 14, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no jewish gene because everybody can convert to judaism.

DNA links prove Jews are a ‘race,' says genetics expert

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-wo...

Genetic studies on Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_...

Jews and Their DNA

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/jew...

Who is a Jew? DNA can hold the key

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/7346496/Vi...

If you'd like more I can give you more complex studies....

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#15856 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently were one of the Jews afraid of 'sunburn'.
Snicker.
Living in Arizona - no.

Idiot.....

Location hidden

#15858 Jan 14, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA links prove Jews are a ‘race,' says genetics expert
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-wo...
Genetic studies on Jews
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_...
Jews and Their DNA
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/jew...
Who is a Jew? DNA can hold the key
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/7346496/Vi...
If you'd like more I can give you more complex studies....
Everybody can convert to judaism as far as I know. How can it then be genetic?
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#15860 Jan 14, 2013
Todd wrote:
<quoted text>If you've ever seen a large group of Israelis traveling, they represent about every race on the earth. Some look Arabic, some had ancestors in the Baltic Countries, some look Spanish, and even some lived in China.
Remember, the person you replied to, like most homofascists, is a racist and also not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Come on, David, it's a simple question:
Is the bible to be taken word-for-word literally, or are some parts figurative?

Robert
Join Free

Location hidden

#15862 Jan 14, 2013
Todd wrote:
<quoted text>If you've ever seen a large group of Israelis traveling, they represent about every race on the earth. Some look Arabic, some had ancestors in the Baltic Countries, some look Spanish, and even some lived in China.
Remember, the person you replied to, like most homofascists, is a racist and also not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
;) So you agree with me?
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#15864 Jan 14, 2013
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>There is no David here, you ignoramus.
There's no Ryan here, David.
It's a simple question:
Is the bible to be taken word-for-word literally, or are some parts figurative?
Surely you're not scared of such a simple and basic question, are you?

Robert
Marx

Reading, PA

#15865 Jan 14, 2013
Since the Bible is a book written for Christians, and the internet sends its information out over the public airways, which are controlled by the Imperial Government, I really don't think that we are allowed to use the word Bible here. If we persist, we might be hunted down and killed by the Fair Speech Drones.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15866 Jan 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a list of Nobel Prize winners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_la...
Draw your own conclusions.
Your fingers type out "Snicker smile." But, your brain telegraphs ignorance and alien abduction.
Rev. Ken
Kenny boy,

You have nothing from your 'grand' old culture, so you list by country? So? Nothing but gay twirl in an childish effort to deflect the fact that you have offered nothing of substance and only deceptive responses to counter. As a supposed 'rev' at that! Shamefully sacrilegious.

An encounter with an extra-terrestrial being resulted in an astounding, long-lasting impact on a tiny group of people. In spite of being scattered and assaulted over thousands of years they have survived and thrived. To this day, though surrounded by huge enemy countries, they exist as an economic and military mighty mouse.

You can't explain it. Admit it so you stop looking so idiotic.

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

#15867 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Living in Arizona - no.
Idiot.....
Hardly. That was Robert's explanation of the question I posed. You agreed with him. You are the idiot.

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15868 Jan 14, 2013
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>There is no David here, you ignoramus.
There isn't any Ryan or Todd either David you silly troll.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#15869 Jan 14, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because:
1. Saul is not god;
Robert
So speaks the IDIOT CHOMO middleschool kid lover..... Go bury yourself FAGsand.....:)

Location hidden

#15870 Jan 14, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because:
1. Saul is not god;
Robert
1. He never said he was.

2. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective direct conflict on the very core of evolution.

3. The government has no prevailing interest in regulating or preventing friendships.

KiMare'a

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#15871 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Hardly. That was Robert's explanation of the question I posed. You agreed with him. You are the idiot.
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Dear Smiley,

When Jesus took a couple three of his disciples and was transfigured before them, he and the other two that he was meeting shone with a dazzling light. The disciples were the witnesses.

No aliens. No radiation burns. No plutonium to singe their beards.

Just Light.

Rev. Ken
Robsan5

Shawnee, OK

#15872 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. He never said he was.
2. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective direct conflict on the very core of evolution.
3. The government has no prevailing interest in regulating or preventing friendships.
KiMare'a
1. Did I say he said he was?
2.??? When you figure out what this means, could you let us know?
3. The citizens say that government does.
Three strikes and you're out.
Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?

Robert
Robsan5

Shawnee, OK

#15873 Jan 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Smile.
An alien turning his back or holding out his hand is an accurate description of radiation protection?
You are funny. Strangely stupid, but funny.

Robert

Location hidden

#15874 Jan 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Smiley,
When Jesus took a couple three of his disciples and was transfigured before them, he and the other two that he was meeting shone with a dazzling light. The disciples were the witnesses.
No aliens. No radiation burns. No plutonium to singe their beards.
Just Light.
Rev. Ken
Wasn't the Father Alien, was it.

Don't want to admit it do you? Makes the event too real. Makes the Laws too relevant.

Smiley (face).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min thong long dong 49,536
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr ALL ABOUT THE FRE... 31,202
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 3 hr nhjeff 14
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 3 hr Tam Phat 7
Protester storms Families meeting 7 hr Fa-Foxy 4
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 12 hr TomInElPaso 155
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••