Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 33995 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15750 Jan 8, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for admiting that you have nothing valid to add to the conversation.
You're funny. Blindingly stupid, but funny.
Robert
Snicker.
Robsan5

Kellyville, OK

#15751 Jan 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Snicker snort.

You're funny. Infinitely stupid, but funny.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15752 Jan 9, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear MMM Blue BottleFly Manmanboy El Segundo feckless twit,
This letter is for YOU. Yes, you. You know who YOU are, whether in the persona of "Manmanman" or "El Segundo" and, as far as these threads go, I know who you are, too.
You feckless twit.
No. I am not confused. In this message, I am addressing YOU and no one else.
I do not control you. You control you. And you continue to misbehave. You act like a big, buzzing blue bottle fly, buzzing around and looking for a fresh cowpie upon which to alight and regurgitate. Then, after dissolving a stomach full, you suck it all back up and take off, crapping and peeing all over everybody as you leave the premises.
Lord, Help me and pass me an umbrella followed by the hose and please turn the water on!(Oh, pardon me for addressing the Lord, also.)
You stink. How do I know this? You tell everybody about it. The problems you are seeing in others are the problems you are holding in yourself. You need to look through the Psalms and find one for stink. Then go by what it gives for a remedy. You want control? Let the writer of the psalm be your guide.
Don't know if the psalms give this remedy. In fact I don't recall that they do. But, you might try taking a bath in tomato juice and Fels Naptha soap. It works on my dog. Might work on you.
Let us know.
In the meantime, try to get "on-topic."
Oh, and watch out for NoQ. I hear he's spoilin' for ya'.
Rev. Ken
ps.: The previous letter is still posted. So, your fire ain't burning much, if anything at all. Try jumping into the waste can AFTER you have set it on fire. Might get a better conflagration that way and it would help to sanitize your shorts.
Not for RevKen:

I see that this is a reply to a post that was not for RevKen, so he is breaking my boundaries maybe, but maybe not, because he is not addressing to me, but to "Dear MMM Blue BottleFly Manmanboy El Segundo feckless twit"

Not sure why he does that, but...

He claims that this person he is addressing to goes around and eats shit. What kind of shit should that be? The shit of RevKen? I don't know.

Lord, RevKen seems to have a lot of problems. I lay him in Your Hands. Let Your Will happen to him. Amen.

And protect me and help me Lord. Psalm 91,1-2:

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord,He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.

So Lord, please help me against all the evil controlling people as far as I can see, protect me, help me. I cling to You, I look to You. Help me Lord.

This RevKen seems to struggle, want to control other people how to be. I lay him in Your Hand Lord. Let Your Will happen to him. He also seems to be full fo shit. Can You help him Lord. Amen

Let him get a good life:

3. John, vers 2:

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

Help me Lord, change me Lord, let everything be done to Your glory. Amen

Psalm 86,1-2:

Hear me, Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
save your servant who trusts in you.

Location hidden

#15754 Jan 9, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick mentally ill idiot. Get help.
Robert
You come with a lot of accusations. What do you want to achieve with that? Can you be specific?

If you don't want to contribute with something good I just burn it, and if you can't be specific, I just burn it.
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#15755 Jan 9, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick mentally ill idiot. Get help.
Robert
Alternate universe gay Robert, you both could use some help.
So how many of your favorite desert did you have last night?

Robert

Location hidden

#15756 Jan 9, 2013
Not for RevKen:

He is an uncertain man that needs to control, full of shit?

Why does he need to control? Because he has problems inside himself that he doesn't manage to solve?

Location hidden

#15757 Jan 9, 2013
Not for RevKen:

He is an insecure man that needs to control, full of shit?

Why does he need to control? Because he has problems inside himself that he doesn't manage to solve?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#15759 Jan 9, 2013
Not for anyone.

Is this thread done yet?
Lew

Pekin, IL

#15761 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Ford wrote:
Not for anyone.
Is this thread done yet?
Certainly no one has been able to cite any Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#15762 Jan 10, 2013
Lew wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly no one has been able to cite any Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
We're going to have to agree to disagree with that. I don't think that the Bible does, specifically, address homosexuality at all.
Mister Ford

Santa Cruz, CA

#15763 Jan 10, 2013
Lew wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly no one has been able to cite any Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
Nobody cares about your book of lies douche-bag.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#15764 Jan 10, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to have to agree to disagree with that. I don't think that the Bible does, specifically, address homosexuality at all.
Of course not.
Lew

Pekin, IL

#15765 Jan 10, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible irrefutably condemns all homosexual acts in the plainest of terms, repeatedly, and in both Testaments.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Lew

Pekin, IL

#15766 Jan 10, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly it repeatedly condemns all homosexual acts in the plainest of terms, repeatedly, and in both Testaments:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15769 Jan 10, 2013
Scrolled past the BS.

The words go by with a flick of the finger.

Here is the finger again David.

XX
xx
xx
xx xx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#15770 Jan 10, 2013
Here David. Visit this site and learn all about your evil book of lies.

http://www.evilbible.com/

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15771 Jan 10, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
Here David. Visit this site and learn all about your evil book of lies.
http://www.evilbible.com/
Great website.
Robsan5

Oklahoma City, OK

#15773 Jan 10, 2013
Lew wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly it repeatedly condemns all homosexual acts in the plainest of terms, repeatedly, and in both Testaments:
David, you still haven't answered my simple question: is the bible to be taken completely literally, or are some parts figurative?

Robert

Location hidden

#15775 Jan 11, 2013
So, not for RevKen:

What do you say guys, this man seems to struggle quite hard with control-issues. He wants to contro me and other?

Why? I don't know. I can't get in dialogue with him, so I am guessing, and I guess he has a lot of insecurity inside himself.

NoQ struggles.

Lord of Lords, I pray for him. Let Your Will happen to him. Amen

RevKen struggles with a lot of other things as well, evilness...

Galatians 5,19.21:

"The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Lord, I lay RevKen in Your hands. Let Your will happen to him. Amen

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15777 Jan 11, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/1...
scientists-may-have-finally-un locked-puzzle-of-why-people-ar e-gay
Long thought to have some sort of hereditary link, a group of scientists suggested Tuesday that homosexuality is linked to epi-marks — extra layers of information that control how certain genes are expressed. These epi-marks are usually, but not always, "erased" between generations. In homosexuals, these epi-marks aren't erased — they're passed from father-to-daughter or mother-to-son, explains William Rice, an evolutionary biologist at the University of California Santa Barbara and lead author of the study.
Hence a genetic mistake.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 Questions for Christians Who Support Gay Mar... 5 min WasteWater 36
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 6 min Terra Firma 5,836
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 9 min marissamo22 36
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 17 min Here Is One 103
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 23 min woodtick57 729
News Gay rights activists mark landmark 1965 demonst... 41 min Belle Sexton 4
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 46 min Termiraider 5,288
More from around the web