Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36053 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14990 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
GOOD LUCK!
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with radiation.

NEXT

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14991 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
GOOD LUCK!
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with radiation.
NEXT
What does it have to do with then?

How do you explain the unique results for the Jewish culture to this day?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#14992 Dec 23, 2012
Sounds like a sunburn, if was actually describing a real thing.
You can use the bible to justify any position on any topic.

"You can safely assume that you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

Robert

Location hidden

#14993 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
GOOD LUCK!
<quoted text>
What does it have to do with then?
How do you explain the unique results for the Jewish culture to this day?
Smile.
It's mythology stupid. WTF cares?

Location hidden

#14994 Dec 23, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
Sounds like a sunburn, if was actually describing a real thing.
You can use the bible to justify any position on any topic.
"You can safely assume that you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott
Robert
Yeh, they didn't know about sunburn back then...

What position am I trying to justify?

What people am I talking about hating?

Do you think about what you read, or just have a bunch of gay twirl responses to throw out?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#14995 Dec 23, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like an Alien and radiation to me among numerous other things.

Honest people evaluating history care.

Idiots brush it aside with bigotry.

Smile.

Location hidden

#14997 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Not to any sane person, but welcome to your personal delusions.

It isn't history, it is mythology with little historical significance.

Location hidden

#14998 Dec 23, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously don't believe what you said, since you troll Bible threads 24/7 endlessly exhibiting your self loathing for your perverted lifestyle choice. The only way you can stop considering yourself waste water is to repent of your homosexual lifestyle choice and follow Jesus.
More lies and delusions. Why would I want to join you David?

You don't seem like a very well adjusted person to me.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#14999 Dec 23, 2012
fr caleb:

>...The only way you can stop considering yourself waste water is to repent of your homosexual lifestyle choice and follow Jesus. <

1. Being GLBT is not a "choice", DAVID MOORE OF PEKIN IL. Hasn't mommy explained that to you YET?

2. Quit preaching here.

Location hidden

#15000 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to any sane person, but welcome to your personal delusions.
It isn't history, it is mythology with little historical significance.
Seems to me a lot of people disagree. I don't see any other literature of the time with the significance the Bible has.

But then yours is the opinion of someone who can't explain how an Alien and radiation got in it or tell the difference between two guys or a guy and gal.

Bazinga!
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#15001 Dec 23, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you believed in God...You gotta make up your mind kid.

Location hidden

#15002 Dec 23, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you believed in God...You gotta make up your mind kid.
I believe in God, it is religion and foolish Bible based belief systems I have a problem with.

Location hidden

#15003 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Seems to me a lot of people disagree. I don't see any other literature of the time with the significance the Bible has.
But then yours is the opinion of someone who can't explain how an Alien and radiation got in it or tell the difference between two guys or a guy and gal.
Bazinga!
Oh really? I never heard anyone talking about aliens and radiation. Did you stop and take a walk through the Twilight Zone?

Location hidden

#15004 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Bazinga!
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? I never heard anyone talking about aliens and radiation. Did you stop and take a walk through the Twilight Zone?
It's clear you haven't heard a lot of things.

Perhaps you should be open to that more...

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#15005 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think about what you read, or just have a bunch of gay twirl responses to throw out?
Smirk.
I just throw trash at those who also throw trash.
If you don't know what position you are trying to justify, maybe you should think about your purpose here.

Robert

Location hidden

#15006 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just throw trash at those who also throw trash.
If you don't know what position you are trying to justify, maybe you should think about your purpose here.
Robert
That was childishly obvious.

Your response now is just a slimy slide.

Makes you proud?

Why do you live from the dark side?

Location hidden

#15007 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
Smile.
I know the difference between shit and Shinola baby.

Location hidden

#15008 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
Smile.
It isn't history; it is simply your worthless opinion based upon fantasy.
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#15009 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
That was childishly obvious.
Your response now is just a slimy slide.
Makes you proud?
Why do you live from the dark side?
???
When you figure out what your post means, could you let the rest of us know?

Robert

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#15011 Dec 23, 2012
Is the thread over now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prime Minister reaffirms stance disagreeing wit... 3 hr Wallace 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 18 hr cpeter1313 6,950
News Glasgow cathedral becomes first in UK to offer ... Wed Marco R s Secret ... 2
News Muslim mother forced to resign after attending ... Jul 18 Dr Reker s Bellhop 4
News Singapore voids marriage after husband's sex ch... Jul 18 Dr Reker s Bellhop 4
News Actually, Eugene Peterson Does Not Support Same... Jul 18 Gremlin 11
News State goes in circles over whether it opposes g... Jul 17 Magic Utah Uwear 9
More from around the web