Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14963 Dec 23, 2012
I don't argue faith with faithless people. What point would there be in that?

Besides, I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

Here is some facts to sink your bigotry in;

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do these people get these ideas?
Stumped, chicken or both Rev?

Smirk.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14964 Dec 23, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your help..
You're welcome, have a wonderful Christmas.

Location hidden

#14966 Dec 23, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and your Queer lover Yeshua you piece of shit. STILL HERE FA$$OT
LMFAO
Go suck a big hairy.

Location hidden

#14967 Dec 23, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No you nasty A$$ pervert, you prefer your boys around 8 or 9 but will settle for anything under 16 years old. You really are a waste. You nasty cesspool
No he doesn't, no doubt you do though. You're are a nasty cesspool spewing your filth and hateful bigotry.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14973 Dec 23, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your a believer then? In what I am not sure...but by all means..
1. Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.
2. Prove your God is the right God.
3. Prove your book is God's real book.
4. Prove your book has never been mistranslated or misinterpreted.
5. Prove that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
6. Prove that belief has any effect on anything after you die.
Believe in what exactly? Church Doctrine?

Location hidden

#14974 Dec 23, 2012
James Aist wrote:
more lies and condemnation
Pretend to be a man of God?

Location hidden

#14975 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
GOOD LUCK!
Ontological explanation and circular reasoning.

Try again.

Location hidden

#14976 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
GOOD LUCK!
God did not write the Book. It is mythology. Don't care.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#14977 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
GOOD LUCK!
Ever take LSD or other psychedelics?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#14978 Dec 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Love, but not sex between people of the same sex; in the Greek translation, "eros" never appears in the Bible.
You KNOW Jesus didn't speak Greek, didn't teach in Greek and yet you think Greek is reliable.

LOL......

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#14979 Dec 23, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Or wear a tin foil kippah?

;-)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14980 Dec 23, 2012
Scroooge wrote:
<quoted text> Go suck a big hairy.
Thanks for your help.

Location hidden

#14981 Dec 23, 2012
Scroooge wrote:
<quoted text> Go suck a big hairy.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Location hidden

#14983 Dec 23, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord Yeshua, what shall I do?
I pray for Manmanman . I lay him in Your hands. Amen
Not so sure if the Lord will listen to a prayer from a man that is so full of hate?

Location hidden

#14984 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
GOOD LUCK!
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>

I can see why you have trouble with the definition of marriage...

-I assume nothing about God, so it can't be an ontological explanation.

-I start with a incident recorded in an ancient book and ask you to explain how the information got there. Absolutely no 'circular' reasoning.

It appears you heard two phrases and decided to slap them on something you are afraid of.

Is there an adult in the room???

Smirk.
Try again.

Location hidden

#14985 Dec 23, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again.
I can see why you have trouble with the definition of marriage...

-I assume nothing about God, so it can't be an ontological explanation.

-I start with a incident recorded in an ancient book and ask you to explain how the information got there. Absolutely no 'circular' reasoning.

It appears you heard two phrases and decided to slap them on something you are afraid of.

Is there an adult in the room???

Smirk.

Location hidden

#14986 Dec 23, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not write the Book. It is mythology. Don't care.
Didn't say anyone wrote it. Just asked how the info got in it.

You clearly are afraid to face the answer.

How's that denial working out for you?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#14987 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
GOOD LUCK!
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Never did any drugs.

You do.

Part of your enabler mind-set, right?

Smile.

Location hidden

#14988 Dec 23, 2012
Here is more;

What followed was an Alien ship hovering over the Israelites, a cloud by day, a pillar of fire by night.

And more;

The Law contained information that science only discovered thousands of years later. For instance, wounds were to washed in clean water and wrapped with clean cloth. More soldiers died from infection in the Civil War than on the battle field.

And more;

The Alien predicted that Jews would maintain their identity forever and prosper if they followed his Law. Name one other culture with a even close measurable length and stature.

http://www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html

There is much more, but you girls couldn't handle even the first bite. Speaking of which, what should I expect from someone who gets a septic system confused with a playground, just because it runs through it...

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#14989 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
GOOD LUCK!
<quoted text>
Never did any drugs.
You do.
Part of your enabler mind-set, right?
Smile.
How do you know that the people who wrote that stuff weren't under the influence. Besides, you say you don't do drugs but you talk a bunch of nonsense like any drug crazed person might.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court to decide whether a Colorado bake... 23 min Just Think 20
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... 5 hr The Troll Stopper 15
News Support for gay marriage surges, even among gro... 9 hr Trump Plotza 3
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... 9 hr Tex-Road Tripping 13
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... 11 hr nomo 12
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 16 hr Frindly 6,885
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sun ilovecars 31,999
More from around the web