Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
13,681 - 13,700 of 24,741 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Scientific discovery that homosexuality is a genetic mistake;

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/
articles/253971.php

Epigenetics is a Key Player in Sexual Preference
Epi-marks act as another layer of information fused to our genes that control their expression. Essentially, genes hold the directions, while epi-marks instruct how they are put into motion and completed.

Historically, epi-marks are eliminated and created anew with each generation, but new research shows that they can occasionally pass over between generations, causing similarities within families and appearing as shared genes.

Sex-specific epi-marks are made during early fetal development and serve as security against the considerable natural variation in testosterone that happens in late fetal development. For example, sex-specific epi-marks prevent female fetuses from becoming masculine when there are unusually high testosterone levels present, and vice versa for male fetuses.

Different kinds of epi-marks safeguard different sex-specific characteristics; some protect the genitals, others protect sexual identity, and this study suggests others keep safe sexual partner preference.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
You know? What is it with you, manmanman, you lying little jerk-twerp?
I didn't "break your boundaries!" I didn't "try to contact you." I could not give a rat's ass less about whether or not I am welcome in your little world.
This is an open forum thread, created for the purpose of providing a place for people to leave their comments, supposedly regarding the thread topic. No one has the right or the power to leave any message here that is "not for" anyone else. In fact, anyone who leaves anything here is leaving it on purpose, expressly to have anyone and everyone read it. So, when you say you have a message that is "not for" someone, you are posting an outright lie.
As anyone is allowed to do, I simply responded with my own opinion of YOUR post which in itself was an uninteresting response to a paragraph of Baloney posted by James Aist. You replied to Aist with a single word, "Interesting." I didn't think there was anything interesting at all in it and said so. If anyone broke boundaries, it was James Aist with his groundless, hypocritical and bigoted, homophobic diatribe against people he does not know.
But you then seconded when you responded to his blather with the equally senseless comment. So, who actually broke the boundaries? Me by responding to your post or James Aist's post?? Or YOU, in the first place by replying to Aist with a senseless comment obviously intending to solicit the response - and that IS exactly what you did and why you did it.
You initiated. You broke the boundaries. Now you complain, feigning hurt and claiming indignation, saying that the response, any response, that you have clearly sought, is unwanted. You are full of it, buddy, and everbody who reads this knows it, you included.
Now, since you have seen fit to land on the fresh, stinking, psychic cowpie that you have created for yourself with a precipitation of feckless tomfoolery-filled, wet brain farts, how about lapping your own stink back up and buzzing off ...
like a good little blue-bottle fly should.
Of course, you could take-off and land in the nearest phone booth, change your fly outfit and return as your alter ego, the self-satisfied "El Segundo." At least in that form, you are like the rest of us, also tiring of the MMM-blue-bottle-fly persona.
Or, you could get a life and get into the Christmas Spirit! Or you could even post an attempt at an intelligent comment or personal opinion about the thread topic; that is, if you are capable of so doing.
Merry Christmas, Mr. MMM Blue Bottle Fly!
Rev. Ken
Not for RevKen:
It's reported of course.
RevKen seems to struggle quite hard. If he wants contact with me, has to bow down and say sorry for his terrible behaviour, but it seems he doesn't want that, and then we are not in contact.
So he doesn't reach me. He just writes a long post that goes into the air. He is wasting his time and energy?
If he wants to keep on like that the rest of his life, it's okay for me. I don't know what he achieves with that, wasting his time, life and energy? There is nothing I can do to make him change. He is souvereign in his own life, and if he wants that, it's okay of course. There is nothing I can do to change him, but as far as I can see he doesn't seem to be very smart. He is stupid?
And that's okay. I also think that what a person is full of, that will get out of him/ her, and what comes out out RevKen seems to be shit, and that's okay. I of course just burn it and observe him.
He might be a very angry man full of shit, and he has a possibility to be happy if he wants, but he doesn't want?
And that's okay. It's his choice. I don't know why he chooses like that, but it's okay for me.
He is making his own hell? If he wants to stay there for the rest of his life, ok...
So RevKen seems to have a lot of problems.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Continued:

Lord I pray to You, protect me:

Psalm 91,1-6:
"1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord,“He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday."

and Psalm 35,1-6:
"1 Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and armor;
arise and come to my aid.
3 Brandish spear and javelin[a]
against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
“I am your salvation.”
4 May those who seek my life
be disgraced and put to shame;
may those who plot my ruin
be turned back in dismay.
5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the Lord driving them away;
6 may their path be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the Lord pursuing them."

Lord Yeshua, if I do mistakes, please correct me:

Psalm 139, 19-24:
"19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."

Lord Yeshua, I lay my whole life in Your hands, let Your will completely happen to me, Yeshua, 100 % and the same with Revken and all other in here. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

RevKen: As far as I can see, he seems to be full of so many problems; Arrogance, from above-attitude, name-calling on purpose, laughing at, hurting, insulting, ridiculing. The list might be infinite.

I am not saying I am perfect. I guess I have all the same failures.

So Lord, I pray for RevKen; I put him in Your hands. Let Your Will happen to him completely. Amen

And I pray for myself. Cleanse me and make me better. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Caleb also needs a prayer. He seems to have a lot of problems with aggression, not respecting people and so on: Lord Yeshua, he seems to be a sick person. I lay him in Your hands, and let Your Will happen to Him. Amen

And of course, the same with myself. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go su;ck your daddys d:ck Manmanman, you CSing Fa$$ot.
Reported

Psalm 91,1-6:

"Psalm 91

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord,“He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday."

I lay myself completely in Your hands Lord Yeshua.

Psalm 35, 1-6:

1 Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and armor;
arise and come to my aid.
3 Brandish spear and javelin[a]
against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
“I am your salvation.”

4 May those who seek my life
be disgraced and put to shame;
may those who plot my ruin
be turned back in dismay.
5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the Lord driving them away;
6 may their path be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.

Oh Lord, I put myself completely in Your Hands. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

RevKen seems to struggle very hard with disrespect, hurting, insulting, a lot of things.

I guess I have all the same things and maybe all people.

I lay RevKen in Your hands Lord, and I want Your Will to happen to him in the allmighty Name of Yeshua.

And the same with me and all other people in here and all those who are not here.

2. Chorintians 10, 3-6:

3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

Amen

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Censor a fictional, mistranslated book?
Seriously? What would you be afraid of? So blonde...
By the way, how did a accurate account of radiation eminating from an extra-terrestrial being giving a Law (way of living) that has distinguished the most unique and significant culture in all of human history get into a fake, fictional, foolish 'book'.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Smirk.
Want to know what? What a group of Bronze Age desert rats believed?
BOOK OF LIES

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Not one of you homofascist clones has been able to cite ANY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
They were not mistranslated.
In your worthless opinion David. GTFOH

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

SexyLexii13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh myy yourrrr godddd leave me the fck alone you troller everyone reading mannana or whatever is a pedophile that lives in hus moms basment that likes to rape little boys
And is now harrasing me :(-_- somebody do sometging and im not confused your the one raping little kids u sick fck
Reported

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you Manmanman and anyone you care about OF COURSE Go su:ck another d:ck fa$$ot.
Reported

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one sick perverted bastar.d Manmanman. You really think by reporting me does anything to hurt me? You're fking delusional. You enjoy going back and forth like this, I can tell. What's going to happen is, they're going to get tired of you whining and crying like a little pissy A$$ baby, and ban your A$$. I hope they do cause you're just pissing in the wind if you think they're going to ban me. You fking idiot. LMFAO
Reported

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

RevKen seems to struggle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and your whole family, OF COURSE.
Reported.

Yeshua, King og Kings, Lord of Lords, What shall I do?

I lay him in Your hands. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and your Queer lover, OF COURSE
Reported.

Lord Yeshua, what shall I do?

I pray for NoQ. I lay him in Your hands. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

RevKen struggles?

I lay him in Your hands Lord. Amen
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
RevKen struggles?
I lay him in Your hands Lord. Amen
That "Rev" fellow is one of the most obtuse, lying, fervent anti-Christian obviation specalists I have encountered on the web.

Good job getting his goat... I have no trouble believing that he would cyber-stalk you.

God Bless & keep up the good work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
That "Rev" fellow is one of the most obtuse, lying, fervent anti-Christian obviation specalists I have encountered on the web.
Good job getting his goat... I have no trouble believing that he would cyber-stalk you.
God Bless & keep up the good work.
Thanks, he seems to really struggle.

So I pray for him.

Lord Yeshua, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, I lay him in Your hands. Amen
BOOK OF LIES

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>It's FACT which no one has been able to refute.
It you that lie. You can provide nothing to support your ridiculous lie about my identity.
Do you somehow think that makes up for the fact that you cannot cite ANY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many emphatic condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual acts under all circumstances?
It's all been refuted time and time again.

Piss off fucktard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

RevKen seems to have so many problems. I pray for him Lord. I lay him in Your hands. Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••