Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34845 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14929 Dec 22, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you Manmanman and anyone you care about OF COURSE Go su:ck another d:ck fa$$ot.
Reported

Location hidden

#14930 Dec 22, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one sick perverted bastar.d Manmanman. You really think by reporting me does anything to hurt me? You're fking delusional. You enjoy going back and forth like this, I can tell. What's going to happen is, they're going to get tired of you whining and crying like a little pissy A$$ baby, and ban your A$$. I hope they do cause you're just pissing in the wind if you think they're going to ban me. You fking idiot. LMFAO
Reported

Location hidden

#14933 Dec 22, 2012
RevKen seems to struggle.

Location hidden

#14937 Dec 22, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and your whole family, OF COURSE.
Reported.

Yeshua, King og Kings, Lord of Lords, What shall I do?

I lay him in Your hands. Amen

Location hidden

#14938 Dec 22, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and your Queer lover, OF COURSE
Reported.

Lord Yeshua, what shall I do?

I pray for NoQ. I lay him in Your hands. Amen

Location hidden

#14939 Dec 22, 2012
RevKen struggles?

I lay him in Your hands Lord. Amen
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#14940 Dec 22, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
RevKen struggles?
I lay him in Your hands Lord. Amen
That "Rev" fellow is one of the most obtuse, lying, fervent anti-Christian obviation specalists I have encountered on the web.

Good job getting his goat... I have no trouble believing that he would cyber-stalk you.

God Bless & keep up the good work.

Location hidden

#14941 Dec 22, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
That "Rev" fellow is one of the most obtuse, lying, fervent anti-Christian obviation specalists I have encountered on the web.
Good job getting his goat... I have no trouble believing that he would cyber-stalk you.
God Bless & keep up the good work.
Thanks, he seems to really struggle.

So I pray for him.

Lord Yeshua, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, I lay him in Your hands. Amen
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14942 Dec 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>It's FACT which no one has been able to refute.
It you that lie. You can provide nothing to support your ridiculous lie about my identity.
Do you somehow think that makes up for the fact that you cannot cite ANY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many emphatic condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual acts under all circumstances?
It's all been refuted time and time again.

Piss off fucktard.

Location hidden

#14943 Dec 22, 2012
RevKen seems to have so many problems. I pray for him Lord. I lay him in Your hands. Amen

Location hidden

#14944 Dec 22, 2012
The terrible behaviour of RevKen might lead him into a prison, his personal prison? His own hell; Isolation, hate, loneliness.. I don't know.

Lord, I pray for him. I lay him in Your hands. Amen.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#14945 Dec 22, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all been refuted time and time again.
Piss off fucktard.
Whats funny about such assertions is that most gay advocates and all serious historians of the Bible dont claim that it is "gay positive".

They spend most of their energy simply claiming that they dont believe and that the Bible is full of outdated notions (the old shellfish & slavery arguments) and they are "doing a new thing".

Its a small number of intellectually unpricipled, overly zelous gay men & woman who seem to have a fetish for making spurious arguments that no serious mind would make.

Now, many if not all of these people make such arguments because they want them to be true. Their desire for affirmation makes them easily exploited..

Sadly they are so easily exploited that they will make these arguments regardless of how transparent and unsuported they are.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14946 Dec 22, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats funny about such assertions is that most gay advocates and all serious historians of the Bible dont claim that it is "gay positive".
They spend most of their energy simply claiming that they dont believe and that the Bible is full of outdated notions (the old shellfish & slavery arguments) and they are "doing a new thing".
Its a small number of intellectually unpricipled, overly zelous gay men & woman who seem to have a fetish for making spurious arguments that no serious mind would make.
Now, many if not all of these people make such arguments because they want them to be true. Their desire for affirmation makes them easily exploited..
Sadly they are so easily exploited that they will make these arguments regardless of how transparent and unsuported they are.
How about this?

I will join you and your religion after you have proven each of these things in the exact order they are presented.

1. Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.

2. Prove your God is the right God.

3. Prove your book is God's real book.

4. Prove your book has never been mistranslated or misinterpreted.

5. Prove that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.

6. Prove that belief has any effect on anything after you die.

GOOD LUCK!
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#14947 Dec 22, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this?
I will join you and your religion after you have proven each of these things in the exact order they are presented.
1. Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.
GOOD LUCK!
I did not ask you to believe in God.You prove my point for me by asserting your atheism. My argument was with those who claim that the Bible dosent condemn homosexual acts.

Why would those with no interest in the Bible suddenly feel so strongly about what it says??

It is (unlike yourself) a strong fervent belief in homosexuality that drives them...not any strong fidelity to Biblical Christianity.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14948 Dec 22, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not ask you to believe in God.You prove my point for me by asserting your atheism. My argument was with those who claim that the Bible dosent condemn homosexual acts.
Why would those with no interest in the Bible suddenly feel so strongly about what it says??
It is (unlike yourself) a strong fervent belief in homosexuality that drives them...not any strong fidelity to Biblical Christianity.
Did I say I was atheist? Did I say I'm not interested in the Bible?You are full of lies and condemnations.

Your opinions are worthless drivel.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14949 Dec 22, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Self righteous much?
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#14950 Dec 22, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I was atheist? Did I say I'm not interested in the Bible?You are full of lies and condemnations.
Your opinions are worthless drivel.
I guess your a believer then? In what I am not sure...but by all means..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14951 Dec 22, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this?
GOOD LUCK!
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

GOOD LUCK!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14954 Dec 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Scientific discovery that homosexuality is a genetic mistake;
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/
articles/253971.php
Epigenetics is a Key Player in Sexual Preference
Epi-marks act as another layer of information fused to our genes that control their expression. Essentially, genes hold the directions, while epi-marks instruct how they are put into motion and completed.
Historically, epi-marks are eliminated and created anew with each generation, but new research shows that they can occasionally pass over between generations, causing similarities within families and appearing as shared genes.
Sex-specific epi-marks are made during early fetal development and serve as security against the considerable natural variation in testosterone that happens in late fetal development. For example, sex-specific epi-marks prevent female fetuses from becoming masculine when there are unusually high testosterone levels present, and vice versa for male fetuses.
Different kinds of epi-marks safeguard different sex-specific characteristics; some protect the genitals, others protect sexual identity, and this study suggests others keep safe sexual partner preference.
A genetic mistake?

Well,...?

Just how much of a mistake is it and who shall be asked to take responsibility for the mistake in the first place?

If you believe that the only survivors of the Great Flood were Noah and his family, then today's homosexuals are his own family and disciples.

Rev. Ken

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14955 Dec 22, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
A genetic mistake?
Well,...?
Just how much of a mistake is it and who shall be asked to take responsibility for the mistake in the first place?
If you believe that the only survivors of the Great Flood were Noah and his family, then today's homosexuals are his own family and disciples.
Rev. Ken
I don't argue faith with faithless people. What point would there be in that?

Besides, I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

Here is some facts to sink your bigotry in;

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 16 min Quest 13
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 hr Imprtnrd 378
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... (Mar '15) 1 hr tongangodz 7,299
News Another KY clerk vows to not issue same sex mar... 6 hr SacrificeInTheNam... 17
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 8 hr NoahLikesPi 1,275
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... 12 hr Mikey 29
News Former Skid Row singer, Sebastian Bach, selling... 15 hr Village voice 2
More from around the web