Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 30,887

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Read more

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13463 Nov 24, 2012
Not for RevKen:

He is writing to MMM. Who's that? I am Manmanman, so this time he didn't respond to me. He responded out in the air if there is not someone here called MMM, but he responded to my post, so I don't know...

Let's look at him:
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb bunny, MMM!
I am already in the Lord's hands!
I am already working in His will!
So, yes! I thank you for the blessing in the Name of Almighty Yeshua!
He starts to call someone a "dumb bunny, MMM!". Okay. And then he says he is in the Lords's hands and that he is working His will. Okay. Why did he say that? Has "a dumb bunny, MMM" said something different, or? I don't understand this.

And then he thanks MMM for a blessing. Hmmm. Who is MMM? Has someone called MMM blessed him? Is he confused?

RevKen wrote:
Oh, and just a reminder. Be sure to take a sh_t first, before you put on the bottom half. Otherwise, the next time I respond to one of your responsive denials, you will make it mighty smelly in there!
LMFAO!(The F stands for Friar.)
This was strange? What is he trying to communicate here? I have no idea. Maybe he struggles to communicate also, or maybe I am not good to understand:) Not sure :)

RevKen wrote:
Have some sweet potato casserole with baked and salted pecans on top. Mine is delicious. I'll give you the recipe, if you want it.
Rev. Ken
Then he starts to talk about food and try to influence this MMM. Hmm...

Lord Yeshua, I pray for RevKen, I put him in your hands and ask You to bless him and give him all good things in the Name of Yeshua.

Amen

Location hidden

#13464 Nov 24, 2012
Not for RevKen, only for the wise in here:

RevKen might have some problems. There is nothing I can do to change him. I might need to get help to handle it:)

Location hidden

#13465 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have taken your own advice? Not.
Fact #1. The writers of the Christian Bible have well established that God is anti-sex outside of a marriage between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #2. The Bible does not support nor validate in a single solitary scripture any other form of marriage, except that between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #3. The writers of the books in the Christian Bible have listed nearly any form of sexual relations as being wrong and or a sin, except that which is done in a marriage between a man and a woman(s). Can you imagine the extent of the writings existing just 2000 years ago and how many other prohibitions against sexual relations were spoken against that we don't have knowledge about now?
Believing in same sex marriage/relations is one thing. But to try and establish a connection between same sex marriage/relations and the Bible supporting it, it's a lost cause that should never have been began. The God of the Christian Bible is anti-sex except for one relationship he specified and set forth himself. Tough to accept I understand for those that wish to believe/think other wise.
I agree.

Location hidden

#13466 Nov 24, 2012
Not saying that RevKen is stupid or not wise or something like that, just that I don't wanna debate with him as long as he doesn't apologize and repent.

Location hidden

#13467 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact #1. The writers of the Christian Bible have well established that God is anti-sex outside of a marriage between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #2. The Bible does not support nor validate in a single solitary scripture any other form of marriage, except that between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #3. The writers of the books in the Christian Bible have listed nearly any form of sexual relations as being wrong and or a sin, except that which is done in a marriage between a man and a woman(s). Can you imagine the extent of the writings existing just 2000 years ago and how many other prohibitions against sexual relations were spoken against that we don't have knowledge about now?
Believing in same sex marriage/relations is one thing. But to try and establish a connection between same sex marriage/relations and the Bible supporting it, it's a lost cause that should never have been began. The God of the Christian Bible is anti-sex except for one relationship he specified and set forth himself. Tough to accept I understand for those that wish to believe/think other wise.
Or actiually some places it seems that He is positive to prostitution in some cases?

Not sure if He is 100 % against it?

There could be some more exceptions?

One of the prophets visited a prophet once I think, and he didn't get any punishment from above with that, I think.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#13468 Nov 24, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you find it even a little strange that no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition supports the lies you so desperately want to believe?*ALL* support the Bible's many crystal clear commands against *ALL* homosexual behavior.
David, stop it.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#13469 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
God is anti-sex, eh?

I am so sorry for your loss.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#13470 Nov 24, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Or actiually some places it seems that He is positive to prostitution in some cases?
Not sure if He is 100 % against it?
There could be some more exceptions?
One of the prophets visited a prophet once I think, and he didn't get any punishment from above with that, I think.
I believe that god has never made for any allowances for sex outside that of a hetero marriage/union.
But what the followers of God more than demanded, he seems to have let them do as they wanted as long as rules were attached to that thing.
Like divorce. Prior to Moses, the scriptures show evidence that there was no such article as divorce. Once you married, it was for better or worse and death of a spouse was the only release from the marital relationship.
So evidently after leaving Egypt and having been under their laws and influences for centuries, though God was strictly giving specific new laws for them to follow to break those old habits they adapted from the Egyptians, it seems the way of the Egyptians stuck with them. Like divorce. Divorce and remarriage were a part of Egyptian life the Israelites adapted to. So when God obviously told Moses to tell the people there would be no divorce with marriage, they rebelled. The verses insinuate the people wanted a writ of divorce. It makes no sense that they would want divorce unless it were being denied them in the first place.
So God gave them what they wanted, but not what he approved of, but with rules. I think there are examples of God giving his followers what they wanted, even if he did not approve of their request. Sex outside of marriage by a married man did have it's few exceptions. But that doesn't mean God approved of it. He just gave rules to it.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#13472 Nov 24, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
God is anti-sex, eh?
I am so sorry for your loss.
Excluding sex within a hetero marriage/union, yes. God has proved to be extremely anti-sex.
lol...and the only thing you need to be sorry to is your own lack of critical thinking to make sense of something you know nothing of that you claim to know about. Get it? Like you believing illegal aliens can't get food stamps or welfare. Or like you believing Bush began the free cell phone program... lol :)

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#13473 Nov 24, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You're delusional. After yet again being proved a liar you have no qualms about posting?
Don't you find it even a little strange that no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition supports the lies you so desperately want to believe?*ALL* support the Bible's many crystal clear commands against *ALL* homosexual behavior.
Previously debunked.

squawk on Polly parrot.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#13474 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that god has never made for any allowances for sex outside that of a hetero marriage/union.
But what the followers of God more than demanded, he seems to have let them do as they wanted as long as rules were attached to that thing.
Like divorce. Prior to Moses, the scriptures show evidence that there was no such article as divorce. Once you married, it was for better or worse and death of a spouse was the only release from the marital relationship.
So evidently after leaving Egypt and having been under their laws and influences for centuries, though God was strictly giving specific new laws for them to follow to break those old habits they adapted from the Egyptians, it seems the way of the Egyptians stuck with them. Like divorce. Divorce and remarriage were a part of Egyptian life the Israelites adapted to. So when God obviously told Moses to tell the people there would be no divorce with marriage, they rebelled. The verses insinuate the people wanted a writ of divorce. It makes no sense that they would want divorce unless it were being denied them in the first place.
So God gave them what they wanted, but not what he approved of, but with rules. I think there are examples of God giving his followers what they wanted, even if he did not approve of their request. Sex outside of marriage by a married man did have it's few exceptions. But that doesn't mean God approved of it. He just gave rules to it.
Where do you come up with this baloney?

OH
MY
GOD

Location hidden

#13476 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, could be. I think it was a prostitute also in Jericho who was saved with all her family when the Israelites entered the city.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13477 Nov 24, 2012
Keanu Is Hot wrote:
<quoted text> Kinda like Amityville horror.
Exactly ;)

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13478 Nov 24, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What has your personal opinion about another person got to do with topic?
Nothing really, but I still wouldn't want to be in the same room alone with such a creepy slimy person as David.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13479 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
From first Creation story.

27 So G-d created humankind in His own tzelem, in the tzelem Elohim (image of G-d) created He him; zachar (male) and nekevah (female) created He them.
28 And G-d blessed them, and G-d said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

No marriage required. Sex is however.

Your post makes no sense.

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13480 Nov 24, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you know everything just because you have read the Bible from cover to cover?
Interesting, manmanman. I give a short basic opinion with the info of where I derive it, in a respectful manner, and the first thing out of your 'mouth' is antagonistic. It actually fits with the impression I've gotten reading your posts for awhile. When a religious person throws memorized material in the name of God at people with out Spirit,[for instance with snide remarks and insults] it rings void and hateful. That turns my stomach.

In my opinion. And I have as much right to say it as you have yours.

Location hidden

#13481 Nov 24, 2012
modernhippie wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, manmanman. I give a short basic opinion with the info of where I derive it, in a respectful manner, and the first thing out of your 'mouth' is antagonistic. It actually fits with the impression I've gotten reading your posts for awhile. When a religious person throws memorized material in the name of God at people with out Spirit,[for instance with snide remarks and insults] it rings void and hateful. That turns my stomach.
Where did I insult or do anything wrong except in this post? Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

modernhippie wrote:
In my opinion. And I have as much right to say it as you have yours.
I agree with you.

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Location hidden

#13482 Nov 24, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't been honestly seeking its meanings.
Positively no ancient Bible text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many direct commands against homosexual acts.
O, but I have. I even taught it with conviction, agreeing with the judgement of sinners as you do now. But I got to the point when the Spirit of God spoke louder to me than the texts that were written to speak to a people and a time that was unprepared to live without laws governing them but by a spirit of love, compassion, mercy and forgiveness. A Spirit that teaches from the inside out humbleness that reveals our own natures are no better than those that confound us in others. I have come to believe, by asking for and genuinely hoping for wisdom, that my finite mind can not grasp the scope of Gods ways and have to the best of my ability dropped all judgement. I accept all people that try to live their lives happily and peacefully without meaning harm to others. To me, this is holy. This is godly. The word of which 'god' comes originally from the word 'good'. Ultimate goodness. IMO

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Location hidden

#13483 Nov 24, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I insult or do anything wrong except in this post? Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
<quoted text>
I agree with you.
It doesn't matter to me what others think of me. And that is what would be required for me to get my feelings hurt. Not just speaking of you but of anyone. As I'm sure that I'm not capable of hurting your feelings by disagreeing with you.

I'm glad that you now allow me to voice my opinion respectfully. I appreciate it. This is how we learn and grow. Otherwise we are all wasting our time by closing our ears and may as well be talking to ourselves on the sofas

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#13487 Nov 25, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this baloney?
OH
MY
GOD
Mona,
These people might as well be fruitcakes.
They make stuff up to suit themselves and their cockamamie ideas.
They say that they literally believe in the bible. But, they don't read it.

For instance:
Bible lesson #1, this Sunday morning is Genesis Ch. 1,2 and 3.

Nowhere in the two accounts of the creation of man and woman does God marry them. The accounts, mythical as they are, report that the command is given to be fruitful and multiply and subdue the earth.

God simply presents the woman to the man, freshly cloned as a female, and the man rejoices "bone of my bone, etc."

Only later, in Chapter 3, does God refer to them as husband and wife." So, if you want to get technical, these two had a common law marriage. They lived together until their union was self-evident.

No sex outside of marriage? Baloney! That is cultural morality and we all know it to be so. Such morality certainly has its purposes. But, even Jesus is reported to have clearly said that marriage is the result of the two becoming one and not the other way around.

Now, as a priest, I'm certainly going to take a lot of criticism about saying these things. But, I'll stand by them. This is the way that it is. The marriage ceremony is a sanctification; an endorsement of a spiritual and physical reality that has already occurred.

It is also a witnessing and a set of vows that help to guide the pair in their accountability and trust for each other, understanding that they will grow in social stature and collective property ownership and in responsibility. But, these, also, are moral and cultural, tribal, commitments and social trappings.

Rev. Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 min WeTheSheeple 1,915
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 13 min doty 123
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 16 min Wondering 1,617
News Indiana lawmakers send religious objection bill... 20 min Wondering 106
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr tongangodz 1,706
News LTE: In Open Letter to Clearfield Community, Lo... 2 hr Sturm Ruger 10
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Graham Cracker 51,880
More from around the web