Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#11921 Sep 27, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> 427...... Are you stalking me gaybird????? Just when you think you have seen all the moronic comments.... Weaksand stands tall as king moron....(clap clapclap)..... You be good hershey...
Yes, I post on threads for months just waiting for you to show. Just keep digging. "Your" bound to hit China soon.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robertita (just for you, OCD/ADHD/SASD boy!)

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11923 Sep 27, 2012
Samantha Hopkins wrote:
As far as Catholics go....
...they are all for homosexuality
If we assume a priest is more learned than the rest of us on bible matters,... the priesthood's apparent widespread proclivity to engage in homosexuality with children suggests the big dude in the sky is OK with it.
I was born a Catholic and grew up in a Jesuit boarding school where two priests still stand out clearly. The first was the house master in prep school who was a 24 carat shit. Despite his extensive education he believed and taught that all men had one less rib than women because, according to Genesis, God took a rib from Adam to make Eve. This gem of information was handed out during his warnings about the dangers of a natural activity like masturbation - referred to as "self abuse" in priestly circles. One of his fellow priests was known for molesting the smaller boys and I suppose the Church considered paedophilia preferable to masturbation.

The second was much younger and taught history, making the subject come alive. He welcomed questions and once remarked that for any quotation in the Bible he could find another to contradict it. I suspect that, had he not died in a motor accident, he would be no longer be either a priest or a Catholic.

In true religious tradition the paedophile priest was transferred to a mission school in Rhodesia where his molesting the black kids would not cause any problems.

Although the Catholic church comes in for most of the criticism for paedophilia I suspect that all the other cults have the same percentages because religion attracts predators of all types. The Jehovah Witnesses are particularly bad and the Mormons (Romney's mob) are much the same.
Simon

UK

#11924 Sep 28, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jehovah Witnesses are particularly bad and the Mormons (Romney's mob) are much the same.
The Jehovah'sWitnesses?I wasn't awareof that

There is a local lady I know who is a Witness, and she has visited me many times accompanoed by her two daughters aged about 11 and 12. I always make time for them and have a brief chat and purchase tha latest isue of Watchtower. I do glance at the mag, but have never really read it. In recent months the lady has teken to sending her daughters to visit me while she is in a nearby house. They can count on me for a sale, a brief chat and often some ice cream or cake.

I had hoped they were becoming Hookers for Jesus - but no such luck!

I'm certain that any untoward move on my part would be met with a shocked rebuff, and the friendship would end, along with the trust.

Do I have to become a Witness myself in order to get a piece of the action??

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#11925 Sep 28, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Ok wuss bait..... How about used napkin bait.... Just for you C.B....:) Your mascera seems to be stale.... Change it up a bit... Or google something else....
Awww, how cute, someone has a crush on Rob and wants individual attention.....
Andrew

Manito, IL

#11927 Sep 28, 2012
The topic here is actually the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual behavior.

Location hidden

#11928 Sep 28, 2012
Andrew wrote:
The topic here is actually the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual behavior.
Ja David.
For you that means re-pasting the verses from #27 without the least understanding of anything else in the entire book of fairy tales.

If Simon wants more info on JWs I will be happy to give him whatever I can because YOUR ignorance (and inability to answer questions) has ruined this forum.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11929 Sep 28, 2012
Andrew doesn't exist. His posts are irrelevant.
Andrew

Manito, IL

#11931 Sep 28, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja David.
For you that means re-pasting the verses from #27 without the least understanding of anything else in the entire book of fairy tales.
If Simon wants more info on JWs I will be happy to give him whatever I can because YOUR ignorance (and inability to answer questions) has ruined this forum.
You are a liar and can in no logical way link me to David. Do you think your lies somehow change the fact that you cannot refute the FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior?

I think you're a little lost. I have not partaken in the bigoted misrepresentations of JW's and Mormons and such defamation has positively nothing to do with the thread topic. The topic here is actually the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual behavior.
dman

Aurora, CO

#11932 Sep 28, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I post on threads for months just waiting for you to show. Just keep digging. "Your" bound to hit China soon.
I figured as much jellyroll... Sorry i prefer female humans... Not moronic hershey squirts..... Maybe you keep digging and you might hit thomas edison and his colon.... Just for you pimento loaf...
dman

Aurora, CO

#11933 Sep 28, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, how cute, someone has a crush on Rob and wants individual attention.....
Hey thanks judas... After you change your brillow pad and quit eating hemmoroid cream you can join the scripture.... Bless you middlegay..
dman

Aurora, CO

#11934 Sep 28, 2012
Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> We can only hope he digs that far rob.
Like you two dirt mongers have dug into each other....(lol)..
Robsan5

Los Angeles, CA

#11936 Sep 28, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> I figured as much jellyroll... Sorry i prefer female humans... Not moronic hershey squirts..... Maybe you keep digging and you might hit thomas edison and his colon.... Just for you pimento loaf...
Homoerotic post #365 from FAKER. Gee, what's on "your" mind today? Funny that you felt the need to specify that you prefer female "humans". Male everything else? Keep digging, Genius.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain . Really Stupid.

dman

Aurora, CO

#11937 Sep 28, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Homoerotic post #365 from FAKER. Gee, what's on "your" mind today? Funny that you felt the need to specify that you prefer female "humans". Male everything else? Keep digging, Genius.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain . Really Stupid.
Lets see lobster,gold coins,throwing your feeble ass of a bridge and always laughing at everything you say.... How about that dig dug...:)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11940 Sep 28, 2012
Robsan5 and dman, what exactly are you quarreling about? What is the problem/ disagreement/ whatever?
Robsan5

Los Angeles, CA

#11941 Sep 28, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Lets see lobster,gold coins,throwing your feeble ass of a bridge and always laughing at everything you say.... How about that dig dug...:)
Way to go, FAKER. You've reached a whole new level of:
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid. Congratulations.

Location hidden

#11942 Sep 28, 2012
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>Do I have to become a Witness myself in order to get a piece of the action??
I don't go after kids but I did score with one of the mothers and it was fun till the pillow talk turned to invitations to attend their services.
dman

Aurora, CO

#11943 Sep 28, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Robsan5 and dman, what exactly are you quarreling about? What is the problem/ disagreement/ whatever?
No problem whatsoever.... Weaksand is just dust blowing by...:) its all good..
dman

Aurora, CO

#11944 Sep 28, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go, FAKER. You've reached a whole new level of:
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid. Congratulations.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y i knew i could graduate thomas edison school....(REWIND).....(LOL).. ... Your so inspiring.. Just like a cracked crutch...

Location hidden

#11945 Sep 28, 2012
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar and can in no logical way link me to David.
partaken in the bigoted misrepresentations of JW's and Mormons and such defamation
The topic here is actually the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations
It's actually difficult to answer you because, while you can read, your comprehension skills are virtually non-existent; possibly due to your personality disorder and seeing yourself as so many different individuals.

Whatever name you call yourself – Kirt, Ken, Andrew, Doug, David, Colt, Winchester & Remington, it is blindingly obvious from the limited style and copy/paste that you are all the same warped individual and YOU have the cheek to call me (and others) a liar.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! I was going to use the one about “Let him who is without sin etc” but it would be inappropriate, having been added to God's words several hundred years after God never said it. I still think it a neat little fiction with a valuable message even though you would not understand it.

Why should any thinking person care what the Bible repeatedly condemns because the bible is only a collection of anecdotes which are partly myth, partly historical and partly propaganda and have, over the last thirty five hundred years, been used by unscrupulous despots to brainwash and oppress stupid, unthinking people into doing their bidding?

Looking back, I got a lot more pleasure from Caesar's commentaries, Cicero and Virgil (all in Latin) than I ever did from the bible.

Re - partaken in the bigoted misrepresentations of JW's and Mormons and such defamation....
Just goes to show how little you know (or care) about them and their misdeeds. Newspapers and court records are full of crimes committed by them against children. Both those cults were started by outright crooks and their modern behaviour is a reflection of their founders.

Re - The topic here is actually the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations...
TRIPE. The topic can be interpreted as:
A) The Bible, B) Homosexuality, C) The relationship between A and B

You are totally ignorant about A and so full of hate regarding B that it is impossible for you to think about the two together, much less make any useful contribution. With that in mind, I will be happy to chat about anything remotely connected to any of the above three topics.

You might like to read John's account of the crucifixion and think about it in the context of the time that it supposedly happened.
Robsan5

Los Angeles, CA

#11946 Sep 28, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y i knew i could graduate thomas edison school....(REWIND).....(LOL).. ... Your so inspiring.. Just like a cracked crutch...
Not quite yet, FAKER. You still have to to pass eighth grade. "Your" not even close.

Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 198
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 3 hr Fa-Foxy 50
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 5
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 12
News Bristol Palin shares son Instagram pic on day o... (May '15) 6 hr Serratus Anterior 2
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Tue Fa-Foxy 8
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... Tue Go Blue Forever 39
More from around the web