Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27361 Aug 24, 2014
Brit Bloke wrote:
I am sorry guys but the world would be a far better place without religion. You can argue until the cows come home but if everyone just took a humanist view on life and humanity we would not have religion as excuse to persecute others for anything in the name of other people's man made ideas. Religion is just an old man made way to control the masses ( God fearing).
Religion should be confined to history along with idol worship, ghosts and little green men. Many people say they have had a special awakening moment but I put it to you that religious people fall into 3 categories. Indoctrinated by family as children. Had every bad experience ie a loss of a close family member and finally don't want to believe as humans we are just animals that are born and then die for no greater good.
I have no religion I try to keep high personal values for me and my family. I am a law a bidding person who helps others . I don't need religion to tell me what is right and wrong.
In my community, there are countless Churches that every week who voluntarily give and serve the community. Moreover, they weekly make the effort to improve themselves. I would venture that the vast majority exceed your claims by a great margin.

Moreover, I rarely see humanist organizations that come close to what Churches do. And most of those are founded by religious organizations.

The only exception I note is Islam which is in competition with atheist humanism as the most destructive, abusive belief systems on earth.

You might not need religion to tell you what is right and wrong, but I'm pointing out that you are an idiot.

SMile.
Brit Bloke

Albufeira, Portugal

#27362 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In my community, there are countless Churches that every week who voluntarily give and serve the community. Moreover, they weekly make the effort to improve themselves. I would venture that the vast majority exceed your claims by a great margin.
Moreover, I rarely see humanist organizations that come close to what Churches do. And most of those are founded by religious organizations.
The only exception I note is Islam which is in competition with atheist humanism as the most destructive, abusive belief systems on earth.
You might not need religion to tell you what is right and wrong, but I'm pointing out that you are an idiot.
SMile.
I am sorry but you are naive and are not enlightened. You are narrow minded and have proved my point Thankyou by attacking other people's believes. This is the main issue with religions yours has to be the right one and everyone else's is wrong.
Actually I would take it even further and that you are actually feeble mind and cannot choose your own path in life and have to live by some one else's fictitious rules. I am sorry it was not my choice to attack you or your beliefs but you chose to call me an idiot. This just proves your intolerance for any one else's believes. This mildest form of animosity shows why religion is a bad thing and soon escalates to violence and killing, we would all be better of without it. I can and do tolerate your believes but mine don't require me to attack yours.

Location hidden

#27363 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
Brit Bloke wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry but you are naive and are not enlightened. You are narrow minded and have proved my point Thankyou by attacking other people's believes. This is the main issue with religions yours has to be the right one and everyone else's is wrong.
Actually I would take it even further and that you are actually feeble mind and cannot choose your own path in life and have to live by some one else's fictitious rules. I am sorry it was not my choice to attack you or your beliefs but you chose to call me an idiot. This just proves your intolerance for any one else's believes. This mildest form of animosity shows why religion is a bad thing and soon escalates to violence and killing, we would all be better of without it. I can and do tolerate your believes but mine don't require me to attack yours.
LOL, a 'rational atheist' oxymoron troll attack masquerading as intelligence...

Um, honey, you did attack religious beliefs. I didn't attack your beliefs, I attacked your stupidity.

Smile.
Clemnep

Raleigh, NC

#27364 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, get back to me when you have read up on epigenetics and homosexuality.
I did put the Bible and science together. You simply can't explain it.
Greek soldiers (certainly not all Greeks) took boys to war as sex slaves. When those boys grew up, they went home and married girls. Are you saying orientation is a choice and pedophilia is acceptable?
Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender halves of marriage. Clearly inferior.
Smirk.
1. You don't have anything left to say so you close the subject. Cute little thing.
2. Science show that most of religious facts aren't true, it's all, and again you dodge the subject.
3. I didn't said anything like that and i've never talk about pedophilia is that (or any other) way. If you've read what i've wrote in (1) you know what i think about sexual orientation. And i've talk in the same way as you for the greek : they got experience by a first homosexual relation and then married girls. I don't know why you fight me whenever you just repeat what i just said.
4. No one can say a love is inferior to another one . Thinking in that way is clearly inferior :D

Peace.
Smile
Clemnep
Clemnep

Raleigh, NC

#27365 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Um, honey, you did attack religious beliefs. I didn't attack your beliefs, I attacked your stupidity.
Smile.
You just said he is stupid because he don't have or don't understand religion. It's attacking his beliefs. You are Rude.

Come on.
Peace
Clemnep
Brit Bloke

Albufeira, Portugal

#27366 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
It is so sad to see someone who has clearly been so indoctrinated into believing in fairy tales that they are even though educated unable give rational answers.
I am not an atheist this is a label given by believers to someone doesn't agree with them. I do not belong to any club or believe organisation. Once again in your attempts to justify to yourself and others that your beliefs are correct and I am wrong you choose to attack me and call me a troll. I find this repugnant yet sad for you because you are unable to give any sort of educated reason why you are right.
I find that deeply religious people's indoctrinated of children repulsive. In an effort to have their believes continued. This is very wrong boarding in some cases on child abuse ,have debated this with a Jehovah's witnesses who eventually could see that this treatment of children is wrong. A child is an empty sponge to be filled with knowledge and if if indoctrinated with anything by people it needs to feed, clothe, protect and love it will believe anything. This is how many terrorists are imprinted by their own families hatred.
I believe that children should be guided to find there own way in life if after education they choose a belief that is their choice. This is not acceptable to any belief as it is obvious they their religion would die out.
Why OH why do we spend an inordinate a mount of time making children recite and memorize fairy tales when this time could be spent allowing them to fill their young minds with science. This for me is the true oxymoron. Teach fairy tales and not science. It is an amazing and beautiful world we live in and the next generation have some very tough decisions to make if we are to keep it this way. So should we pray for salvation or actually do something educated about it?

Location hidden

#27367 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
Brit Bloke wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so sad to see someone who has clearly been so indoctrinated into believing in fairy tales that they are even though educated unable give rational answers.
I am not an atheist this is a label given by believers to someone doesn't agree with them. I do not belong to any club or believe organisation. Once again in your attempts to justify to yourself and others that your beliefs are correct and I am wrong you choose to attack me and call me a troll. I find this repugnant yet sad for you because you are unable to give any sort of educated reason why you are right.
I find that deeply religious people's indoctrinated of children repulsive. In an effort to have their believes continued. This is very wrong boarding in some cases on child abuse ,have debated this with a Jehovah's witnesses who eventually could see that this treatment of children is wrong. A child is an empty sponge to be filled with knowledge and if if indoctrinated with anything by people it needs to feed, clothe, protect and love it will believe anything. This is how many terrorists are imprinted by their own families hatred.
I believe that children should be guided to find there own way in life if after education they choose a belief that is their choice. This is not acceptable to any belief as it is obvious they their religion would die out.
Why OH why do we spend an inordinate a mount of time making children recite and memorize fairy tales when this time could be spent allowing them to fill their young minds with science. This for me is the true oxymoron. Teach fairy tales and not science. It is an amazing and beautiful world we live in and the next generation have some very tough decisions to make if we are to keep it this way. So should we pray for salvation or actually do something educated about it?
Honey, you attacked religion and then claimed you didn't. You insulted my intelligence and then whined when I exposed your idiocy. You make really stupid claims and then ignore them when I expose your stupidity. Now you claim to be an expert on raising children and assert that children should not be introduced to fairy tales. You are singular proof why homosexuals should never be allowed to raise children.

Smile.
Brit Bloke

Albufeira, Portugal

#27368 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Honey, you attacked religion and then claimed you didn't. You insulted my intelligence and then whined when I exposed your idiocy. You make really stupid claims and then ignore them when I expose your stupidity. Now you claim to be an expert on raising children and assert that children should not be introduced to fairy tales. You are singular proof why homosexuals should never be allowed to raise children.
Smile.
Oh dear honey, more ignorance and narrow mindedness. I am not homosexual , I am married with 2 children who both took R E at O level grade.
I wish you well and hope one day you will be truly enlightened and are able to think for yourself not be clouded by your indoctrination. Ask yourself one simple question. Why after thousands of years and hundreds of religions and beliefs from Shamanism, Greek gods, deity worship, which craft, Satanism, Norse gods, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jewish, Muslims through to Christianity to name just a few do you think yours is right?
You are right churches do a lot of good in the community but it is softly softly attempt at conversation. Nothing more than the crusades and the inquisition.
How many more people have to die in the name of religion. Before mankind wakes up to this unnecessary slaughter.
As Christians it is well documented that we have committed some of the worst atrocities in history. From the Crusades where women and children were butchered and babies eaten after besieged cities fell. To the Spanish in South America and Briton in India the south sea islands and Australia. Convert or die.
We now wonder why these people are fighting back and we call them terrorists.
Many of these people had lived in peace for hundreds of years with their own beliefs we came along and wiped out their way of life. It is naive at best but STUPID at worst to think you know best. All because we cannot except that we are nothing more than educated animals that when we die we turn to dust. No soul, spiritual residual entity or reincarnation. Just death.
If I am an educated atheist troll does this make you a troll hiding behind your religions aprons.
SMILE BACK AT YOU HONEY.

Location hidden

#27369 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
Brit Bloke wrote:
<quoted text>
KkmmmmOh dear honey, more ignorance and narrow mindedness. I am not homosexual , I am married with 2 children who both took R E at O level grade.
I wish you well and hope one day you will be truly enlightened and are able to think for yourself not be clouded by your indoctrination. Ask yourself one simple question. Why after thousands of years and hundreds of religions and beliefs from Shamanism, Greek gods, deity worship, which craft, Satanism, Norse gods, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jewish, Muslims through to Christianity to name just a few do you think yours is right?
You are right churches do a lot of good in the community but it is softly softly attempt at conversation. Nothing more than the crusades and the inquisition.
How many more people have to die in the name of religion. Before mankind wakes up to this unnecessary slaughter.
As Christians it is well documented that we have committed some of the worst atrocities in history. From the Crusades where women and children were butchered and babies eaten after besieged cities fell. To the Spanish in South America and Briton in India the south sea islands and Australia. Convert or die.
We now wonder why these people are fighting back and we call them terrorists.
Many of these people had lived in peace for hundreds of years with their own beliefs we came along and wiped out their way of life. It is naive at best but STUPID at worst to think you know best. All because we cannot except that we are nothing more than educated animals that when we die we turn to dust. No soul, spiritual residual entity or reincarnation. Just death.
If I am an educated atheist troll does this make you a troll hiding behind your religions aprons.
SMILE BACK AT YOU HONEY.
You make audcious claims and then ignore the responses when they are destroye. Instead you go on to make more distorted, bigoted attacks.

You are a dishonest troll filled with hate. If you really do have children, we can only pray they will not embrace the hate that possesses you.

You waste time and space.

Smile.
Brit Bloke

Albufeira, Portugal

#27370 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
You make audcious claims and then ignore the responses when they are destroye. Instead you go on to make more distorted, bigoted attacks.
You are a dishonest troll filled with hate. If you really do have children, we can only pray they will not embrace the hate that possesses you.
You waste time and space.
Smile.
I make audacious clams this is nothing more than religious teachers have done for millennia. Why is it that people who have been spoken too in their head have a mental illness until they say it was my God that spoke to me? Please show how I have ignored responses when you have not answered one with any reason.
I have not a single scrap of hate. All I am saying is with modern education religion is proven to be preposterous. You however try to wriggle and squirm unable to give sensible educated scientific replies. Why is it after all other beliefs on this planet, present and past yours is the correct one? Which one is the right one? Or simpler and far more likely that none are correct. That is all I am saying.
Why do you have to resolve to name calling as some form of defence of your beliefs? This is what children do when they don't have an answer.
You are simply doing what millions have done before you defend blindly what maybe totally wrong.
I don't hate you or your religion or any other religion. I feel sorrow and pity that you are not allowed to take a reasonable question and except it maybe correct purely on the grounds that it could undermine your faith. Just as Charles Darwin did with his" evolution of species" and was ridiculed for it but it is now excepted.There are still some fundamental Christians that wont except it because it totally debunks their faith as it disproves that god made the earth in 7 days.

Location hidden

#27371 Aug 25, 2014
Brit Bloke wrote:
<quoted text>
I make audacious clams this is nothing more than religious teachers have done for millennia. Why is it that people who have been spoken too in their head have a mental illness until they say it was my God that spoke to me? Please show how I have ignored responses when you have not answered one with any reason.
I have not a single scrap of hate. All I am saying is with modern education religion is proven to be preposterous. You however try to wriggle and squirm unable to give sensible educated scientific replies. Why is it after all other beliefs on this planet, present and past yours is the correct one? Which one is the right one? Or simpler and far more likely that none are correct. That is all I am saying.
Why do you have to resolve to name calling as some form of defence of your beliefs? This is what children do when they don't have an answer.
You are simply doing what millions have done before you defend blindly what maybe totally wrong.
I don't hate you or your religion or any other religion. I feel sorrow and pity that you are not allowed to take a reasonable question and except it maybe correct purely on the grounds that it could undermine your faith. Just as Charles Darwin did with his" evolution of species" and was ridiculed for it but it is now excepted.There are still some fundamental Christians that wont except it because it totally debunks their faith as it disproves that god made the earth in 7 days.
You started by claiming religion was harmful. I pointed out what Christians are doing every week in communities across our country. You ignored addressing it.

Smile.
Benjamo84

Edmonton, Canada

#27372 Aug 25, 2014
Brit Bloke wrote:
I am sorry guys but the world would be a far better place without religion. You can argue until the cows come home but if everyone just took a humanist view on life and humanity we would not have religion as excuse to persecute others for anything in the name of other people's man made ideas. Religion is just an old man made way to control the masses ( God fearing).
Religion should be confined to history along with idol worship, ghosts and little green men. Many people say they have had a special awakening moment but I put it to you that religious people fall into 3 categories. Indoctrinated by family as children. Had every bad experience ie a loss of a close family member and finally don't want to believe as humans we are just animals that are born and then die for no greater good.
I have no religion I try to keep high personal values for me and my family. I am a law a bidding person who helps others . I don't need religion to tell me what is right and wrong.
Religion has already done all of these by means of people. The truth is that you may be a good person in your eyes but deep down the creator knows your heart. It would be unwise to assume that you know more than an all knowing being. We aren't meant to understand the meaning of the cosmos but we can at least understand a little about life and usually what you come to learn is that the bible has already spoke about the goodness you posses. For centuries man has had philosophy which in turn has inadvertently brought some of the goodness of scripture to our hearts and minds as a species. Everything that makes up a conscious is universally there before your clerk one human life existance. And to touch on the subject, Jesus never preached hatred but he did however point out that were are all humans that makes mistakes and so therefore everyone will fall short and that no one person is better than the other. Also Jesus said to have love for one another is to Love him. It is not my job as a human to convict others of wrong doing and I have unfortunately done that but everyone has a conscience and that's the heart of our existance. With we choose to live out our lives with our pridefull ways and act accordingly or we humbly admit who we are as people to outselves and the creator alone. We accept forgiveness for our own selves knowing that with out the creators grace we are doomed like everyone else to death. Jesus didn't want anyone to perish for their selfish pride but recognized where people were at and loved them. He went to most vile people and loved them something that even the best humans couldn't do. And lastly Jesus was a real cool person too, people flocked to him. His twelve friends were cool too just from knowing about what is was like to be around Jesus. For many people they have reasons not to believe and for me I keep relationships separately I have to. I base my relationship with The Creator based on my own life. If I shunned anyone because of what anyone person said I would never have come to know our Creator. He wants us to all be as close to perfect because even though we would have an eternity to spend with him and work things out a person needs to have the right value. I call it understanding vs overstanding. I am a mostly mature person and I was heartfelt about what I wrote so please be kind in your responses.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#27373 Aug 25, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>BS. Why not offer loving, committed gay couples your blessings rather than self-righteous abuse?
No kidding,no one bothers him about
his Hermaphrodite tendencies!!
Benjamo84

Edmonton, Canada

#27374 Aug 25, 2014
Jesus never preached hatred
Benjamo84

Edmonton, Canada

#27375 Aug 25, 2014
Benjamo84 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has already done all of these by means of people. The truth is that you may be a good person in your eyes but deep down the creator knows your heart. It would be unwise to assume that you know more than an all knowing being. We aren't meant to understand the meaning of the cosmos but we can at least understand a little about life and usually what you come to learn is that the bible has already spoke about the goodness you posses. For centuries man has had philosophy which in turn has inadvertently brought some of the goodness of scripture to our hearts and minds as a species. Everything that makes up a conscious is universally there before your clerk one human life existance. And to touch on the subject, Jesus never preached hatred but he did however point out that were are all humans that makes mistakes and so therefore everyone will fall short and that no one person is better than the other. Also Jesus said to have love for one another is to Love him. It is not my job as a human to convict others of wrong doing and I have unfortunately done that but everyone has a conscience and that's the heart of our existance. With we choose to live out our lives with our pridefull ways and act accordingly or we humbly admit who we are as people to outselves and the creator alone. We accept forgiveness for our own selves knowing that with out the creators grace we are doomed like everyone else to death. Jesus didn't want anyone to perish for their selfish pride but recognized where people were at and loved them. He went to most vile people and loved them something that even the best humans couldn't do. And lastly Jesus was a real cool person too, people flocked to him. His twelve friends were cool too just from knowing about what is was like to be around Jesus. For many people they have reasons not to believe and for me I keep relationships separately I have to. I base my relationship with The Creator based on my own life. If I shunned anyone because of what anyone person said I would never have come to know our Creator. He wants us to all be as close to perfect because even though we would have an eternity to spend with him and work things out a person needs to have the right value. I call it understanding vs overstanding. I am a mostly mature person and I was heartfelt about what I wrote so please be kind in your responses.
Couldn't have said it better
Suculent-dry

Jersey City, NJ

#27376 Aug 25, 2014
Benjamo84 wrote:
Jesus never preached hatred
Jesus never existed. And according to the bible he is to fulfill the Old Testament. That's a creature of hate.
Brit Bloke

Lisbon, Portugal

#27377 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You started by claiming religion was harmful. I pointed out what Christians are doing every week in communities across our country. You ignored addressing it.
Smile.
I did address it I said and I quote they do good but it is conversation by the softly softly approach. You however have addressed none of my questions. It is impossible to converse with you as with most people like you it is avoidance to defend my believe. You sad sad person with a closed mind. Please read all my other posts and try to give some sort of reasoning to my questions. Sorry I know this is wrong of me to ask as you you are UN able by blind faith.
Brit Bloke

Lisbon, Portugal

#27378 Aug 25, 2014
Benjamo84 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has already done all of these by means of people. The twashedh is that you may be a good person in your eyes but deep down the creator knows your heart. It would be unwise to assume that you know more than an all knowing being. We aren't meant to understand the meaning of the cosmos but we can at least understand a little about life and usually what you come to learn is that the bible has already spoke about the goodness you posses. For centuries man has had philosophy which in turn has inadvertently brought some of the goodness of scripture to our hearts and minds as a species. Everything that makes up a conscious is universally there before your clerk one human life existance. And to touch on the subject, Jesus never preached hatred but he did however point out that were are all humans that makes mistakes and so therefore everyone will fall short and that no one person is better than the other. Also Jesus said to have love for one another is to Love him. It is not my job as a human to convict others of wrong doing and I have unfortunately done that but everyone has a conscience and that's the heart of our existance. With we choose to live out our lives with our pridefull ways and act accordingly or we humbly admit who we are as people to outselves and the creator alone. We accept forgiveness for our own selves knowing that with out the creators grace we are doomed like everyone else to death. Jesus didn't want anyone to perish for their selfish pride but recognized where people were at and loved them. He went to most vile people and loved them something that even the best humans couldn't do. And lastly Jesus was a real cool person too, people flocked to him. His twelve friends were cool too just from knowing about what is was like to be around Jesus. For many people they have reasons not to believe and for me I keep relationships separately I have to. I base my relationship with The Creator based on my own life. If I shunned anyone because of what anyone person said I would never have come to know our Creator. He wants us to all be as close to perfect because even though we would have an eternity to spend with him and work things out a person needs to have the right value. I call it understanding vs overstanding. I am a mostly mature person and I was heartfelt about what I wrote so please be kind in your responses.
Our seem like a nice guy but just the way you right shows that you have been indoctrinated and brain washed. I am sorry but you will fall into one of my three categories for a religious person. Please try and answer some of my previous questions.
You right about your creator I don't claim to know better than him I simply question his existence.
You talk of Jesus as if he has spoken to you. If you are using scriptures that have been written about Jesus then I hope you know as well as I do the first ones written about him are over 300 years after his death . These cannot be corroborated or trusted as his words yet you some how choose to run your life on this. I Wouldn't trust something written 300 years ago from now little lone 1700 years ago the modern bible was invented around king James time and has probably had hundreds of interpretations before and since then. Please please wake up and realise what it is you are actually saying. These are nothing more than fairy tales you base your belief on. I am sorry but there is no creator Jesus may of lived but you cannot trust what has been written about his life little lone spoke.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27379 Aug 25, 2014
Suculent-dry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never existed. And according to the bible he is to fulfill the Old Testament. That's a creature of hate.
What makes you so sure Jesus never existed? Prove it.
Suculent-dry

Jersey City, NJ

#27380 Aug 25, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you so sure Jesus never existed? Prove it.
You first must provide accurate proof that he existed at all.
I highly suspect you can't.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr DEP 6,822
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr ilovecars 31,999
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Fri Latter Day Taints 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... Fri Cordwainer Trout 1
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... Fri nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes Thu The Troll Stopper 4
News Bar patrons keep drinking during armed robbery Jun 22 cantread 3
More from around the web