Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35949 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27061 Jul 3, 2014
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
Um why are you calling me,“psychotic filth”? I'm sorry if I offended you in any way when I said I didn't know why you were talking about oaths. I take it back if it offended you.
To get your attention. I guess it worked.

Hope you weren't too offended.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27062 Jul 4, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You have done a very good job of illustrating ...
... your biblical ignorance.

No, I can't take credit for that -- you managed it all by yourself.

You can't answer a straight question with a yes or no, and then claim that only applies when one makes an oath, even after Jesus said not to make oaths!

Who but a troll like you can twist scripture to say the opposite of what it means?
Adam

UK

#27063 Jul 4, 2014
Gays are. Sick it's. Not gods way

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27064 Jul 4, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
... It is best to look after one's own sins and stay out of other people's affairs.
Gays redefine sin to justify their own actions and then redefine marriage to force their views upon us, and then you tell everyone else to mind their own business?

Since you can't follow your own advice, it's past time to stop giving it to others.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#27065 Jul 4, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Your self-reinforced perception of others is as wrong-headed as your "knowledge" of scripture.
I am not the one claiming to be a follower, who is seeking to dismiss those passages I find difficult, you are.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
And let me make this perfectly clear: I am not interested in your stupidity.
And yet you consistently respond. Joe, you are a hypocrite, on every level.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Pot calling the kettle black; I not only know the Bible, I know you're a troll.
No, I merely speak and inconvenient truth. You judge others, you don't forgive them, and you treat them not as you would be treated. You are a hypocrite.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
And though the former requires divine inspiration, the latter is simply self-evident.
Actually, the former is a trite axiom, the middle is a tale of fiction, and the latter is an assertion baed upon nothing more than your own opinion.

I think you are an idiot, and a bigoted one at that.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#27066 Jul 4, 2014
lides wrote:
1. No, I merely speak and inconvenient truth.
2. You judge others, you don't forgive them, and you treat them not as you would be treated. You are a hypocrite.
1. No, you're a troll.
2. That sounds like you.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#27067 Jul 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
1. No, you're a troll.
Wondering, I can articulate a position, and support it with fact, you babble like a twit. Which one do you really think is a troll?
Wondering wrote:
2. That sounds like you.
Intelligent, and factually supported? What do you know, Wandering, I'm the antithesis (look it up) of you.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#27068 Jul 4, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, I can articulate a position, and support it with fact
No you can't. What you can do is ignore anything that you can't answer.
How's that fight against equality going?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#27069 Jul 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
No you can't.
Dear deer droppings,
According to the bible:
Did Jesus say love your neighbor as yourself?
Did he say judge not lest ye be judged?
Did he say forgive even your enemies?
Did he say to forgive not 7 times, but 70 times, 7 times?

Face it, kiddo, you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the rump.
Wondering wrote:
What you can do is ignore anything that you can't answer.
I could, although you have yet to pose anything that I have been incapable of answering
Wondering wrote:
How's that fight against equality going?
I wouldn't know, I'm not fighting against equality.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#27070 Jul 4, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Dear deer droppings,
According to the bible:
Did Jesus say love your neighbor as yourself?
Did he say judge not lest ye be judged?
Did he say forgive even your enemies?
Did he say to forgive not 7 times, but 70 times, 7 times?
Face it, kiddo, you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the rump.
<quoted text>
I could, although you have yet to pose anything that I have been incapable of answering
<quoted text>
2. I wouldn't know, I'm not fighting against equality.
1. I'm not a bible guy but I am aware of your record when it comes to addressing and understanding facts.
2. You said you are. Ok, you said you have contempt for those who fight for equality. I think they mean the same.

Location hidden

#27071 Jul 4, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... your biblical ignorance.
No, I can't take credit for that -- you managed it all by yourself.
You can't answer a straight question with a yes or no, and then claim that only applies when one makes an oath, even after Jesus said not to make oaths!
Who but a troll like you can twist scripture to say the opposite of what it means?
The passage is about oaths jackass.

Location hidden

#27072 Jul 4, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays redefine sin to justify their own actions and then redefine marriage to force their views upon us, and then you tell everyone else to mind their own business?
Since you can't follow your own advice, it's past time to stop giving it to others.
You don't follow the Bible or you would mind your own business jackass.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27073 Jul 4, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage is about oaths ...
Oaf, the passage is about not taking oaths and that your "yes" and "no" should actually mean yes and no, respectively.
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the one claiming to be a follower ..
Since you don't know the relationship between an apostle and a disciple, it's painfully obvious that you are oblivious.
Stan Dandyliver

Denpasar, Indonesia

#27074 Jul 4, 2014
As the bible, the world's silliest book, has nothing sensible to say about anything else, why would it have anything sensible to say about homosexuality ??

Location hidden

#27075 Jul 4, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Oaf, the passage is about not taking oaths and that your "yes" and "no" should actually mean yes and no, respectively.
<quoted text>
Since you don't know the relationship between an apostle and a disciple, it's painfully obvious that you are oblivious.
Yea, whatever moron.
'

How does crow taste?

Location hidden

#27076 Jul 4, 2014
Here Joe.

Eat some more crow.

Jesus Forbids Oaths

33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old,‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27077 Jul 5, 2014
Stan Dandyliver wrote:
As the bible, the world's silliest book, has nothing sensible to say about anything else, why would it have anything sensible to say about homosexuality ??
What a stupid claim.

Homosexuality is not a sin, it is a sexual birth defect.

A dyke is one step from being transgendered, and a lesbian attracted to a dyke is one step from being heterosexual. This exposes a spectrum of sexual orientation aberration in LGBTs.

However, the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex IS a sin. It is a violation of nature and should be a violation of law.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27078 Jul 5, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old,‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
Yet you were the one who claimed that meaning yes or no only applied when you made an oath, even though Jesus said not to make any oaths.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage is about oaths. Did you hear me take an oath?...

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#27079 Jul 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>What a stupid claim.

Homosexuality is not a sin, it is a sexual birth defect.

A dyke is one step from being transgendered, and a lesbian attracted to a dyke is one step from being heterosexual. This exposes a spectrum of sexual orientation aberration in LGBTs.

However, the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex IS a sin. It is a violation of nature and should be a violation of law.
This judging from a so called
Hermaphrodite,Chimera,with
3 nipples and a Lesbian
trapped inside.....What a load
of shit!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#27080 Jul 5, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What is all this obsessively useless semantics about !????

The passage is about the taking of oaths. Period.
If you want to qualify your understanding of the meaning of the passage, you can say it is about NOT taking oaths. But, everybody knows that is "straining at gnats" and that whether or NOT makes no difference.

Either a person's word is good or it is not. Jesus doesn't really care about whether or not a person takes or gives an oath. He cares about the practicing of personal integrity. Practice makes perfect. He asks that we make a habit of the practice.

As for "Apostle" and "disciple," in some people, they are one and the same. Most disciples do not qualify to be called an "Apostle." But, the designation is given to the Teacher or Bishop, first Mission messenger or ambassador. The designation has different uses.

There were and are people, not just the original twelve, who were or are "Apostles."

Are Church leaders and bishops "Apostles?" Sure.
Are they all qualified the same? Nope.
Are they all disciples? Yep.
Do they all agree on their personal, biblical interpretations and dogmatic beliefs? Nope.

Is the "Apostles' Creed" the be all and end all of a profession of faithful Christian beliefs? Those who constructed it and agreed on it believed that it is and was.

Are such Creeds actually oaths?... Oaths of faith? Oaths that Jesus said one should not take or be forced to take or profess?

Quite possibly,... even probably.

Rev. Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman arrested as gay couple gets Alabama marri... (Feb '15) 1 hr ChromePearl 23
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 5 hr californio 1,044
News Annie's Mailbox: Mom upset with response to her... 6 hr Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Khloe files for divorce against Lamar again 7 hr So Do It Already 1
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) 14 hr Three Psyche 54
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 17 hr cpeter1313 1,874
News Johnny Depp's response to Amber's divorce reque... Fri Friend of Amber 1
More from around the web