Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,083

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24348 Jan 16, 2014
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes prop 8.....one queer liberal judge who didn't bother to disclose he was living with another man just thumbed his queer nose and finger at the voting public of California.
It is good to see people everywhere fighting this perversion.
BTW some men have sex to produce babies without ever going to a prostitute.
I know with you queers sleepin' around is the thing to do.
Perverted souls you are.
And yes same sexers are waiting to add up the rewards of marriage.
Ignorant response. According to SCOTUS, the plaintiffs had no standing.

Yes it seem insults are easier for you. ROTFLMAO

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#24349 Jan 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride and hypocrisy. Pure and simple.
Not a person in history, except for Christ who did not experience co-dependency in a negative sense.
Moreover, no man is an island. We are also dependent on others in good ways. And as responsible adults, others are dependent on us.
Speaking of the blind leading the blind, the your post and the one before it...
Smirk.
LOL!!!.... Your smirking pride and hypocrisy are your own blindness.

Co-dependency of Christ? He Himself said, "Why do you call me good? There is none good but God."

The fact that none of us is a model of absolute perfection is not a proclamation of co-dependency brought into the marriage!

In fact, it is just the opposite - if I don't hold her responsible for my shortcomings.

If I use my wife as a crutch for my emotional, crippled psyche, that is one thing and I become an anchor, preventing her from departing and seeking her own perfection in Christ. But, if I give all that I have in love and trust, freeing her to find her spiritual path toward the perfection in Christ that she seeks, I am not an anchor that can't release. Instead, I am crew, part of her compliment of sails and a helpmate with vigilance at the wheel, all of which are at her disposal to assist in the journey.

Correctly built, a marriage is a symbiotic combination that becomes greater in substance and capability in its union than the simple sum of its parts. In other words, it is NOT a co-dependency. It is a cooperative liberation.

Look at how you consistently try to put others at a disadvantage.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#24350 Jan 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You made an unverified claim that radiation doesn't glow. The cop out is all yours. Moreover, you have continually shown you don't know what you are talking about. Here is another example;
http://depletedcranium.com/why-does-radioacti...
Nice switch.

We were talking about Moses' face glowing. Cite a source that an affect of radiation poisoning is a glowing face.
KiMare wrote:
2. The article not only explains how radiation causes things to glow, it talks about shielding. Talk about comprehension problem and severe denial issues.
This has nothing to do with the Bible passage. In the passage, God is preventing Moses from *seeing* his face. This has nothing to do with exposure to him as a radioactive being.
KiMare wrote:
3. I'm not talking about any claimed failures.
Of course you don't want to talk about the failures. They're fatal.
KiMare wrote:
I'm simply asking how unexplained descriptions of things we only now understand occurred thousands of years ago.
They didn't.
KiMare wrote:
4. Recent? There is not one period of human history since the Jewish existence began that other cultures have been jealous. Violently so.
Absurd. The Jewish people have been a minor or inconsequential power for nearly their entire history.
KiMare wrote:
Those cultures have come and gone. Yet the Jewish nation has survived in spite of a continuously vicious onslaught.
No, it hasn't. The Jewish nation didn't even exist for the majority of the last couple thousand years.
KiMare wrote:
Just as the Alien predicted they would.
Oh, the alien predicted Nobel Prize awards? Specific citation please.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24351 Jan 16, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Your smirking pride and hypocrisy are your own blindness.
Co-dependency of Christ? He Himself said, "Why do you call me good? There is none good but God."
The fact that none of us is a model of absolute perfection is not a proclamation of co-dependency brought into the marriage!
In fact, it is just the opposite - if I don't hold her responsible for my shortcomings.
If I use my wife as a crutch for my emotional, crippled psyche, that is one thing and I become an anchor, preventing her from departing and seeking her own perfection in Christ. But, if I give all that I have in love and trust, freeing her to find her spiritual path toward the perfection in Christ that she seeks, I am not an anchor that can't release. Instead, I am crew, part of her compliment of sails and a helpmate with vigilance at the wheel, all of which are at her disposal to assist in the journey.
Correctly built, a marriage is a symbiotic combination that becomes greater in substance and capability in its union than the simple sum of its parts. In other words, it is NOT a co-dependency. It is a cooperative liberation.
Look at how you consistently try to put others at a disadvantage.
Where did I limit my bad and good co-dependency to marriage?

You were one of those who denied co-dependency. Now your judgment falls on you.

Smile.

Location hidden

#24352 Jan 16, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice switch.
We were talking about Moses' face glowing. Cite a source that an affect of radiation poisoning is a glowing face.
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with the Bible passage. In the passage, God is preventing Moses from *seeing* his face. This has nothing to do with exposure to him as a radioactive being.
<quoted text>
Of course you don't want to talk about the failures. They're fatal.
<quoted text>
They didn't.
<quoted text>
Absurd. The Jewish people have been a minor or inconsequential power for nearly their entire history.
<quoted text>
No, it hasn't. The Jewish nation didn't even exist for the majority of the last couple thousand years.
<quoted text>
Oh, the alien predicted Nobel Prize awards? Specific citation please.
How old are you?

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#24353 Jan 16, 2014
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes prop 8.....one queer liberal judge who didn't bother to disclose he was living with another man just thumbed his queer nose and finger at the voting public of California.
It is good to see people everywhere fighting this perversion.
BTW some men have sex to produce babies without ever going to a prostitute.
I know with you queers sleepin' around is the thing to do.
Perverted souls you are.
And yes same sexers are waiting to add up the rewards of marriage.
If I remember right, Judge Walker was not the last word. The next stop before the Supreme Court was put before three Federal Judges that up held Judge Walker. Now, I don't believe that those judges were homosexuals.

Get control of your emotions, Shadow.

Anchorage, AK

#24355 Jan 16, 2014
Proposition 8 Timeline: A History Of California's Gay Marriage Ban And Its Legal Challenges
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/prop...

Anchorage, AK

#24356 Jan 16, 2014
Prop 8

Timeline: Same-Sex Marriage in California
In 2008, voters approved Prop 8 and kicked off years of legal briefs and hearings

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/politics/Prop...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/politics/Prop...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#24357 Jan 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you?
Evasion.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#24358 Jan 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
I didn't ask whether or not codependency was limited to marriage.

Now you are trying to change the subject and to obfuscate. You are an octopus, billowing a foul ink and slithering away!

The subject is codependency in marriage. Yes, it does cause and is a primary cause for divorce. Furthermore, as Snyper correctly pointed out, codependency is a concept fully understood in a professional sense. You failed to show that you undertand it in that sense.

But, you would try to apply the concept outside of the conversation in order to confuse and lay logic traps. Have at it, buddy. But, don't think for a moment that the others here can't see you.

Yeah, LOL!!!.... my judgment has always fallen on me. I expect it and welcome it.

Likewise, your judgment falls on you. Enjoy it,.... if you know how.

Or, you can keep running away and billowing your inky clouds.

Here's some timely advice for you. Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back. It just might be catching up to you!"

Pretty smart guy, that Satchel Paige.

His disciples said to him, "Show us the place where you are, since it is necessary for us to seek it."
He said to them, "Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is light within a man of light, and he lights up the whole world. If he does not shine, he is darkness."

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24359 Jan 16, 2014
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember right, Judge Walker was not the last word. The next stop before the Supreme Court was put before three Federal Judges that up held Judge Walker. Now, I don't believe that those judges were homosexuals.
Get control of your emotions, Shadow.
R1 is sore because he invested a great deal of time and treasure into Prop 8. He came to the internet and gloated about it too. Now all he can do is whine and snivel. He is on the losing side of history which is currently in the making.

Location hidden

#24360 Jan 16, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Evasion.
LOL, clearly you would know.

Location hidden

#24361 Jan 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask whether or not codependency was limited to marriage.
Now you are trying to change the subject and to obfuscate. You are an octopus, billowing a foul ink and slithering away!
The subject is codependency in marriage. Yes, it does cause and is a primary cause for divorce. Furthermore, as Snyper correctly pointed out, codependency is a concept fully understood in a professional sense. You failed to show that you undertand it in that sense.
But, you would try to apply the concept outside of the conversation in order to confuse and lay logic traps. Have at it, buddy. But, don't think for a moment that the others here can't see you.
Yeah, LOL!!!.... my judgment has always fallen on me. I expect it and welcome it.
Likewise, your judgment falls on you. Enjoy it,.... if you know how.
Or, you can keep running away and billowing your inky clouds.
Here's some timely advice for you. Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back. It just might be catching up to you!"
Pretty smart guy, that Satchel Paige.
His disciples said to him, "Show us the place where you are, since it is necessary for us to seek it."
He said to them, "Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is light within a man of light, and he lights up the whole world. If he does not shine, he is darkness."
Rev. Ken
I didn't say you 'asked'. You asserted it was limited. It never was.

You hypocritically denied codependency in the classic sense. You blindly missed the other possibility.

Meaningless quote.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#24362 Jan 16, 2014
akopen wrote:
Timeline: Milestones in the American Gay Rights Movement
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/fe...
Somewhat helpful, but far more accurate are the documentaries "Before Stonewall" and "The Stonewall Uprising" as primers for the completely uninformed.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1889649613/

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#24363 Jan 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can look it up.
The account is recorded by an ancient culture who described it in the words they had available. You are simply scoffing because you have no explanation.
Failed?
The Jews exist in excellence and exceptionalism just as predicted, and you call it failed prophecy?
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...
It's a little culture, you find a big one that matches.
If you can't explain it, just say so.
So it isn't ALL the literal "word of God", eh?

Anchorage, AK

#24364 Jan 16, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
R1 is sore because he invested a great deal of time and treasure into Prop 8. He came to the internet and gloated about it too. Now all he can do is whine and snivel. He is on the losing side of history which is currently in the making.
I've confronted the likes of R1 during the trial. Just wanted those opposed to SSmarriage to know that they were wrong and they are still wrong. Truth is history.

Anchorage, AK

#24365 Jan 16, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhat helpful, but far more accurate are the documentaries "Before Stonewall" and "The Stonewall Uprising" as primers for the completely uninformed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jLuN2Ix5q5wXX
http://video.pbs.org/video/1889649613/
Thanks for these links.
Mycroft

San Bruno, CA

#24366 Jan 16, 2014
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.
Ask god to do anything for you. Anything at all, something simple. Ask him to move that pencil across the desk. Did he, hmm? Is he there for even you?

Anchorage, AK

#24367 Jan 16, 2014
Mycroft wrote:
<quoted text> Ask god to do anything for you. Anything at all, something simple. Ask him to move that pencil across the desk. Did he, hmm? Is he there for even you?
Finding God, Mycroft, does not mean that one needs God to answer to them.

My belief, God created and God's creation is perfect as is. No need for God to interfere with Creation. Finding God, an infinite being, is beyond our understanding. Even, what I just said is just my impression.

Mycroft, you no more have an understanding of the infinite God than anyone else. You point is useless.
sallylou

Pittsburgh, PA

#24368 Jan 16, 2014
youtube.com/watch... stupid Bible doesnt have any reference to Homosexuals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min Boy G 50,008
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 1 hr Belle Sexton 32
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 7 hr Wolfman 3
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 10 hr Worth Repeating 31,279
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 14 hr Grau 90
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 19 hr eJohn 252
527th marriage anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev ce... Mon moh false prophet 2

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE