Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36060 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23438 Dec 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You've arrived at the crux of the issue.
Mutation does not equal "mistake", even when it's a "failed" mutation.
Just as Epigenetics doesn't follow quite the same coarse rules as Darwinism, "purpose" may need to be viewed in term of complex social systems to be discerned.
You're aware of the work that was done examining the social, economic and sexual support functions provided by gay orientation in a variety of cultures.
Consider for a moment the subtle biological processes among many species that maintain and adjust the male-female ratio. This cannot be explained in standard genetics, but when combined with endocrinology and epigenetics answers begin to appear.
No 'failed' mutations? Tell that to the victim of one. Idiotic claim snyper...

Moreover, you are denying the point of the article. Epi-markers are mistakenly left, resulting in a confused, bsterile orientation.

You then make the ridiculous claim that that results in 'social, economic and sexual support functions'! You know those claims have been debunked.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23439 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, you are denying the point of the article. Epi-markers are mistakenly left, resulting in a confused, bsterile orientation.
You then make the ridiculous claim that that results in 'social, economic and sexual support functions'! You know those claims have been debunked.
But you see, that's a subjective criterion.

"Nature is very wasteful of individuals."

Location hidden

#23440 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"mistaken" is a biased evaluation.

Location hidden

#23442 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
But you see, that's a subjective criterion.
"Nature is very wasteful of individuals."
I know better as a near senile old man, but you are a liar.

Spina Bifida and Down's Syndrome, to name a couple, are subjective criterion???

Why is there an honesty deficit in your replies? What is that saying about you and your position???

Man up snyper!

Location hidden

#23443 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"mistaken" is a biased evaluation.
Hardly. It is taken directly from the lips of the researchers;

"But if epi-marks that direct sexual development are not erased correctly, a mother could pass down epi-marks that direct female development to her son, resulting in an attraction to men, and vice versa for a father and his daughters, the researchers theorize."

Are you going to admit you lied about the social, economic and sexual support functions? Just wondering if you will make any attempt to salvage your character...

Location hidden

#23444 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why is there an honesty deficit in your replies? What is that saying about you and your position???
Man up snyper!
They are are descriptions of phenomena which people find unpleasant. The phenomena are scientific fact. The unpleasantness is subjective evaluation. Whether I share that evaluation, or not, is irrelevant to the science.

Location hidden

#23445 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"But if epi-marks that direct sexual development are not erased correctly, a mother could pass down epi-marks that direct female development to her son, resulting in an attraction to men, and vice versa for a father and his daughters, the researchers theorize."
Are you going to admit you lied about the social, economic and sexual support functions? Just wondering if you will make any attempt to salvage your character...
btw: The researchers expressed (unconscious?) bias in their wording.

Peer review generally catches that.

Since: Jun 13

Fairbanks, AK

#23446 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
KiMare, the NT does not define the OT hence Jude must be defined by the OT. The "gross immorality" spoken of was what Ezekiel defined the sin of Sodom as and the strange flesh is defined by Genesis 6.

The context of Jude is not about sex. The context is just as every passage on Sodom addresses this "immorality" that the prophets spoke of in 16: 49.

Once again you read into Scripture what you want it to say. Go back to grammar school.

Fairbanks, AK

#23447 Dec 21, 2013
cory71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious you're a bigoted, narrow minded freak, lol, but, how are you going to do this
" I'm just not going to let you..." on a public message board? However shallow, your blind arrogance is hilarious.
Laughing, just as I have been making aware for 40 years those that profane the Word of God. It is not so much what I say as to what others see the likes of Lacons and what they say as not having any validity.

As for bigoted, "Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance ...", like I said to KiMare, I do not care what he is whether, white or black, hetero- or homo- or a-, I do not care what religion you have faith in because I am not prejudiced.

When your bigotry prejudices me and others then I step in to show the world what you are. Your bigotry is not Jesus' ministry nor what the Early Church ideals were about.

LOL!

Your throwing bigotry in my face is so laughable. Once again you define everything by your psuedo-Christian faith.

Fairbanks, AK

#23448 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How is vaginal intercourse inherently harmful?
Where do you think STD's come from? I suppose you think that STD's come from homosexuals. I really doubt that homosexuals have sex with the opposite sex to inflict them with STD's. I suppose that you don't think STD's are inherently harmful to heterosexuals.

Really KiMare! How naive can you get?

Fairbanks, AK

#23449 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Love of God, KiMare, that is not what the article said. Your comprehension is that of a 4th grader.

Fairbanks, AK

#23450 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Man up snyper!
None of this matters, KiMare, your comprehension, whether correct (it is not) or incorrect still does not change the fact that we are just as our God wanted things to be. This is includes you. This tragic human condition calls for humans to morality that does not cause more suffering to others.

You just don't get it!

Fairbanks, AK

#23451 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, it comes directly from your lips.

Fairbanks, AK

#23452 Dec 21, 2013
cory71 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! This is pure, unadulterated propaganda. The 'real world' sees desperation in YOUR cause.
oh yeah, your link has MALWARE.
More like you are blind to the real world.

Fairbanks, AK

#23455 Dec 21, 2013
Matthew 10: 15; I assure you , it will go easier for the region of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgement than it will for that town.

Sodom and Gomorrah, Christianity's story of homosexual condemnation. Funny how the context of Matthew 10 has nothing to do with homosexuality. Instead, the context is about the way the apostles are to conduct themselves. Here we have instruction given to the apostles. "Mission of the Twelve." NAB 1971.

There are key words in these passages. None of which speak to homosexuality. Worthy/worth. Peace, a greeting wishing others well/hospitality.

"15. The unbelievers are to be left to the judgment of God; the judgement of Sodom and Gomorrah, which in the OT is the proverbial example of the wrath of God (Gn 19: 4), is less severe than the judgment for unbelief." JBC[43:68:15].

Genesis 19 is not about homosexuality it is about hospitality. Matthew is no different but it is more clearly represented by Jesus' instruction. The question becomes, "Why do not Christians see this?"

Fairbanks, AK

#23456 Dec 21, 2013
cory71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like the true liberal minority. However shallow, your blind arrogance is hilarious.
Explain to the class what "Lacons" is , Bigot.lol

Lacons, the biblicists of Lacon Ill and any other town that biblicists hail from. I coined this deragatory title a long time ago in this forum. Lacons represent that psuedo-Christian Religious Right class of people that can not, do not, see the Word of God unless it is by their own uneducated, unintelligent comprehension of the Bible.

Fairbanks, AK

#23457 Dec 21, 2013
Liberal, the modern sense of the word is not limited to any establishment. Back when our country began the archaic meaning of the word represented befitting a lady or gentleman, a person of free birth. The obsolete meaning of the word has to do with was morally restrained. One that freely gives of his time or money, a liberal benefactor. The liberalness of one is the willingness to give of themselves. Now, it becomes clear what a liberal is about and not what you seem to think.

Fairbanks, AK

#23458 Dec 21, 2013
cory71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like the true liberal minority. However shallow, your blind arrogance is hilarious.
Explain to the class what "Lacons" is , Bigot.lol
Actually and, more precisely, it is more to the point, liberal majority. The Right only consists of about 1/3rd of the population.

" Gallup poll surveys showed that one-quarter to one-third of the US population identified itself as "born-again" evangelicals."
On the Road to Political Power and Theocracy
http://www.publiceye.org/eyes/sd_theo.html
bobby g

New Braunfels, TX

#23459 Dec 21, 2013
when I was a teenager a priest use to do me in the confessional every friday afternoon after school. It was great until he was transferred, then i had to find some guys my age.

Location hidden

#23460 Dec 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
btw: The researchers expressed (unconscious?) bias in their wording.
Peer review generally catches that.
I caught lying in your review.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 19 min Just Think 945
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 32 min RiccardoFire 17,598
News Winnipeg men trying to get their 1974 marriage ... 1 hr Baptist ism by Proxy 15
News Egos hindering Indian LGBTQ movement, says quee... 19 hr Cath League of Du... 2
News Connecticut sees - gay baby boom' Sat Robby Rob 43
News Landlord Caught Having Sex In Tenants's Bed (Dec '16) Fri ThomasA 14
News Costa Rica's first gay marriage suffers bureauc... Fri Fundies Mentally Nil 1
More from around the web