Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35945 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

randy andy

Australia

#22706 Nov 26, 2013
BETWEEN<<< correction -typo

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22707 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>And there you go gain! quoting from that book you call THE BIBLE! As for "faithless people", i,m faithful to my partner and not some book that you put all your eggs in the same basket. Anal sex and what the hell gave you that impression?? Don,t try to read betwene the lines dude. You will only make an ass-of yourself. FGS GAL!!!
Mornin Randy. Maybe after a cup of coffee you'll notice I did not quote from the Bible. Even though the Constitution gives me the freedom to do so. In fact out Founding Fathers encouraged it.

Every day in every community, many people study to be better people, give and serve freely. Only an idiot would disdain that.

You prove you are just that idiot by confusing a septic system with a playground.

Smile.
randy andy

Australia

#22708 Nov 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Randy. Maybe after a cup of coffee you'll notice I did not quote from the Bible. Even though the Constitution gives me the freedom to do so. In fact out Founding Fathers encouraged it.
Every day in every community, many people study to be better people, give and serve freely. Only an idiot would disdain that.
You prove you are just that idiot by confusing a septic system with a playground.
Smile.
Maybe you should run for pope! I sure as hell wouldn,t vote you! As for being a better person, i KNOW I AM and i don,t need some stinking book to tell me otherwise dude! You on the otherhand, that,s another story. Are you sure you,re not some preist with a collar dictating to the masses??

Location hidden

#22709 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should run for pope! I sure as hell wouldn,t vote you! As for being a better person, i KNOW I AM and i don,t need some stinking book to tell me otherwise dude! You on the otherhand, that,s another story. Are you sure you,re not some preist with a collar dictating to the masses??
Wow, what ugly hateful bigotry!!!

Not a Catholic, and still not arguing faith.

Why are you avoiding arguing facts?

Smile.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#22710 Nov 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
Perhaps, someday, you will be a better person, and stop arguing for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law, counter to the mandate of the US Constitution?

You ask for factual arguments, and yet your own position is regularly based upon nothing but fairytales.

Tell me, KiMare, how is that hunt for the elusive compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry that would reneder such a restriction constitutional going?

Do you know what hypocrisy is?

Location hidden

#22711 Nov 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, someday, you will be a better person, and stop arguing for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law, counter to the mandate of the US Constitution?
You ask for factual arguments, and yet your own position is regularly based upon nothing but fairytales.
Tell me, KiMare, how is that hunt for the elusive compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry that would reneder such a restriction constitutional going?
Do you know what hypocrisy is?
Before you can equate anything, you have to get by the most basic essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#22712 Nov 26, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up? I'll tell you. You have made my point over and over again that no Christian, not the Catholic Church, not any denomination knows God. Not you or anyone else knows God. Claiming that you do is idolatry; it is blasphemous. That my psuedo-Christian friend, is not something that I define, your Bible does.
No Christian can claim that their faith is the way to God. You may be into your religion but you are as "Godless" as every other Christian. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/godl...
You think that you know but you know nothing. Because you and every other Christian thinks they know, not one of you are any different than the other and therefore, therefore no one can claim their personal god to be God. The Catholic Church nor any other Protestant denomination can give you salvation.
Hot damn! You are on a roll! Kimare is broken and defective and he can not learn nor can he change. The fact that he will not even try to understand what you wrote and dismiss you for writing it is even more proof that what you told him is an objective truth.

What can be done with people like KiMare who are so arrogant that they can not come to grips with their own personal defects?

Nothing really. No matter how much we try to bring them off their high horse and down to reality there is nothing in them willing to engage such a human obligation.

KiMare must know that he brings harm to people and we must show how the fact that he enjoys doing so is because he is a sick, morally bankrupt reprobate.

JESUS: Matthew 25:40 MARY “Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do to me.”

KiMare is showing us how he is telling Jesus to go fuck himself with his every post against human decency. KiMare has to be completely defective to believe a being such as himself would ever go to some paradise after his planetary body returns to the dust from which it came.

Location hidden

#22713 Nov 26, 2013
JESUS to KiMare:“Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do to me.” Matthew 25:40

KiMare to Jesus: Go fuck yourself.

ALAN TO KiMare: You say that to Jesus because your arrogance tells you you are superiour to Jesus et. al

And because of your defective divorced from reality automatic mechanical "thinking" you believe you will be rewarded for being a reprobate.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Location hidden

#22714 Nov 26, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faith that there is a God. I do not have a belief that there is a God.
Do you have faith that there is a you?

Location hidden

#22715 Nov 26, 2013
akopen wrote:
This is what the Bible is all about.
The Bible is all about you and your personal psychological evolution.

The kingdom is within, why do you stand outside the gates?

Location hidden

#22716 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
Why do you continue to argue the pros and cons of of "homosexuality and the bible"?? Why not live your own life as you see fit since it,s the only one you have , so make the best of it without impacting on others rights and beliefs? Why the hell should some book like the "bible" dictate to others how they should live and what,s expected of them? Just don,t kill, steal, borrow, beg, rape or hurt another person during your short stay on Earth!
There are no cons of homosexuality.

Human beings who have brought balance between the 3 parts of their brain, harmonious and balanced beings, do not need to be told not to kill, steal, rape or violate the rights of others because they have the Universal objective conscience participating in their lives.

Reprobates like KiMare are too conflicted and unbalanced to hear the voice of conscience [its there operating but they can't hear it] and so what can you expect from an unbalanced mad machine except what KiMare does to his fellow man.

Location hidden

#22717 Nov 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What if I believe we are accountable to God for our lives? You are demanding I sacrifice my beliefs for yours. I have just as much right to voice my rights as you do.
Which brings up the issue, why is the moral code you list the right one?
Your beliefs are divorced from your reality. If there was a God you would be up shit creek with out a paddle KiMare. Human beings do not exist to be good or bad people, that is all mechanical behaviour, we exist to become conscious individuals. Morality in mechanical flesh and blood machines is all subjective. The only way you can participate in an objective morality is if you kill your enemies and your enemies are all the little KiMares running around inside your head that falsely believe they each know something and are under obligation from moral bankruptcy to force it down everyone elses throat.

There is nothing in you that is interested in the reality of your situation here on the earth in this biosphere so you will continue to shit on everyone. But that is how the earth made you and how the earth needs you to be. Just like plants need shit as fertilizer the earth needs KiMares. I hope you always remember to flush when you are finished doing you being duty.

Location hidden

#22718 Nov 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I did document. I used the original text to expose the fallacy of your documentation.
You are free to have your own opinion, but you are not free to change the facts.
Smile.
KiMare the faux rule maker strikes again. You do not have arrogance KiMare you ARE arrogance. If you want fallacies KiMare, read your Bible.

Location hidden

#22719 Nov 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're free to know that your opinions are irrelevant.
Hot Damn!!! That may have been your best post ever! You are good! I just love it when normal people get right back into the faces of arrogant reprobates like KiMare. Good post, I loved it.

Location hidden

#22720 Nov 26, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Another condescending display of scaly, scum-covered teeth.
Can you tell any difference between what comes out of KiMares mouth and what comes out of his ass? I can't.

Location hidden

#22721 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>Thanyou and at least someone here has some commonsense to see my point. THE OLD ADDAGE: "eat, sing and be merry for tomorrow maybe your last. You are born with what you have and who you are, so why let some book tell you how to live! Myself i have expereinced 1. wedding. 3. funarals. 1st time in love and i have had my kids. Not much else to live for.
That old "addage" is recorded in the Bible: A conflation of two biblical sayings: Ecclesiastes 8:15 AV, "Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry." And Isaiah 22:13 AV, "Let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die."

Location hidden

#22722 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text> Why on earth do you want to live as per the BIBLE?
WHOA!!! KiMare REFUSES to live according to the Bible. Jesus gave KiMare direct commands and KiMare has ignored all of them telling Jesus to go fuck himself.

A true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

KiMare is also told to mind his own business and his presence here is proof that he tells God to go fuck himself as well:

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

KiMare might agree with murder and stealing but he fully enjoys the evil he does here by being a busybody in other men's matters.

Location hidden

#22723 Nov 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the passage clearly stated ....
You do not care what is clearly stated in the Bible. You are not going to submit to the will of biblical teachings and there is no more hokey pokey about it.

JESUS: Matthew 25:40 MARY “Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do to me.”

What you do to gay people KiMare you do to Jesus. Clearly you hate Jesus {who was probably gay} as much as you hate out of the closet gays.

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#22724 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>I have but one question for you sir! Your location is showing "north pole"! are you seriously from there??>
No, location is Fairbanks, Alaska. North Pole, Alaska is just 30 minutes away. Not the North Pole. Just a town named North Pole. Known for a tourist trap with a Santa Claus House.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#22725 Nov 26, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should run for pope! I sure as hell wouldn,t vote you! As for being a better person, i KNOW I AM and i don,t need some stinking book to tell me otherwise dude! You on the otherhand, that,s another story. Are you sure you,re not some preist with a collar dictating to the masses??
Actually you're right, Andy. He is a preacher, who likes to mess with other men's wives.

Keep it up, mate. Bonza!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) 4 hr Shie46 52
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 6 hr An NFL Fan 995
News Johnny Depp's response to Amber's divorce reque... 12 hr Friend of Amber 1
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 13 hr cpeter1313 1,872
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 20 hr truth 55
News Wedding: Sandra and Tito Gutierrez 21 hr anon 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Thu WasteWater 4,199
More from around the web