U.S. cardinal defends Catholic stance on gay marriage

Mar 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Star

US cardinal Timothy Michael Dolan attends a mass at the St Peter's basilica before the conclave in this March 12, 2013 file photo at the Vatican.

Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

The cardinals, and anyone who agrees with them, are WRONG !

We live in a SECULAR REPUBLIC.

We have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT and A GUARANTEE of Freedom of Religion.

The Roman Catholic Church has NO MORAL RIGHT, nor LEGAL RIGHT, to impose, thru civil law, their own narrow religious beliefs ON AMERICANS WHO FREELY CHOOSE NOT TO BE CATHOLICS !

What they're doing is UN-American and IMMORAL !

But then, the Roman Catholic Churhc has never believed in Freedom Of Religion nor the separation of church and state.

THIS is why the Roman Catholic Church IS EVIL !

And I would ask the Roman Catholics to explain: HOW a NON-Catholic gay or lesbian American getting married affects them in any way whatsoever ???

And while allowing gay and lesbian Americans to marry drives teh Catholic leaders crazy, they allow mafia dons Carlo Gambino and Paul Castellano to marry their own cousins in a Catholic church snd they think that is perfectly fine.

I'm a church-going Christian, and each night I fall down on my knees and THANK GOD that I was born gay AND a Protestant !

I have a sister who converted from Lutheranism to Roman Catholicism. I haven't spoken to her since then, and never will again.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
The cardinals, and anyone who agrees with them, are WRONG !
We live in a SECULAR REPUBLIC.
We have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT and A GUARANTEE of Freedom of Religion.
The Roman Catholic Church has NO MORAL RIGHT, nor LEGAL RIGHT, to impose, thru civil law, their own narrow religious beliefs ON AMERICANS WHO FREELY CHOOSE NOT TO BE CATHOLICS !
What they're doing is UN-American and IMMORAL !
But then, the Roman Catholic Churhc has never believed in Freedom Of Religion nor the separation of church and state.
THIS is why the Roman Catholic Church IS EVIL !
And I would ask the Roman Catholics to explain: HOW a NON-Catholic gay or lesbian American getting married affects them in any way whatsoever ???
And while allowing gay and lesbian Americans to marry drives teh Catholic leaders crazy, they allow mafia dons Carlo Gambino and Paul Castellano to marry their own cousins in a Catholic church snd they think that is perfectly fine.
I'm a church-going Christian, and each night I fall down on my knees and THANK GOD that I was born gay AND a Protestant !
I have a sister who converted from Lutheranism to Roman Catholicism. I haven't spoken to her since then, and never will again.
you may fall on your knees every night but I don't think its for the purpose of preying

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

I could support Dolan's position IF he kept his opposition to same-sex couples marrying to his church. But he doesn't. He believes that his, and his church's, position should be the civil law of the land.

In the almost 2 years of legal civil marriage equality in New York (9 years in Massachusetts) the catholic church has been compelled to perform zero, none, nil, nada, zilch, same-sex marriages. Those statistics hold true for ALL churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.
Truth

Shinnston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

The Catholic Church does not have a leg to stand on. They are more corrupt then the US government. Plus, anyone who hides child molestors has no credibility left. I feel everyone has right no matter what.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church has NO MORAL RIGHT, nor LEGAL RIGHT, to impose, thru civil law, their own narrow religious beliefs ON AMERICANS WHO FREELY CHOOSE NOT TO BE CATHOLICS !.. What they're doing is UN-American and IMMORAL !
um .. If you don't like what the Catholich Church stands for and believes ... Don't join them .. that simple
Melvin

Malta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
you may fall on your knees every night but I don't think its for the purpose of preying
Not unless he's praying in the men's toilet while gagging on a c*ck.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Well. of course he defends the Catholic stance. If he didn't he prob. be out of a job. DUH!

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
um .. If you don't like what the Catholich Church stands for and believes ... Don't join them .. that simple
And they should not be pressuring elected officals into passing civil laws enforcing the Roman Catholic rules of marriage on people who choose not to be Catholic. The Roman Ctholic Churchis an EVIL institution. They DON'T believe in Freedom Of Religion, nor the separation of church and state.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
And they should not be pressuring elected officals into passing civil laws enforcing the Roman Catholic rules
Oh whatever ..........

go pressure your own elected officals into passing whatever you want ... AMERICA:.. the will of the people
If you don't like our system .. go find another country
Minority of one

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And they should not be pressuring elected officals into passing civil laws enforcing the Roman Catholic rules of marriage on people who choose not to be Catholic. The Roman Ctholic Churchis an EVIL institution. They DON'T believe in Freedom Of Religion, nor the separation of church and state.
They have the same right to petition the government has any other group.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh whatever ..........
go pressure your own elected officals into passing whatever you want ... AMERICA:.. the will of the people
If you don't like our system .. go find another country
I take it you're a Catholic since youa re showing right here tat you don't believe in the freedomof religion that is enshrined in the U.S. Constitution's Bill Of Rights.

Exactly why the Roman Catholic Church is EVIL and UN-American.

As a church-going Lutheran, why should I be bound by your rules of marriage ?(I'm just quoting Martin Luther right before he married Katharina von Bora, a Roman Catholic nun.)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Melvin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not unless he's praying in the men's toilet while gagging on a c*ck.
Well, you're up early, lying up a storm already, aren't you, LIAR?

How many names and countries are you going to sign in under today, liar?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

When is someone going to ask him about all the remarried divorcees in his club?? Aren't they ALSO only entitle to "friendship" after they've been married the first time?

Oh, yeah. That's right. It's okay for straight people to marry over and over because they might produce more little Catholics to give more money for buying pretty dresses and sparkly jewelry for all the churchie-men to wear.

Silly me. How could I forget that??

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
I take it you're a Catholic since youa re showing right here tat you don't believe in the freedom of religion that is enshrined in the U.S. Constitution's Bill Of Rights
No .. I'm not Catholic

freedom of religion does not mean you automatically get what you want .. You are froo to believe waht you want .. it becoming the law of the land is quite another thing

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

........ free

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No .. I'm not Catholic
freedom of religion does not mean you automatically get what you want .. You are froo to believe waht you want .. it becoming the law of the land is quite another thing
UNTRUE.

If numerous Protestant denominations, and individual churches, allow gay marriage in the church, it is unconstitutional for the government to legally recognize the marriages of one Christian denomination, while choosing not to legally recognize the marriages of another denoination, simply because some people "don't like it". Especially when those marriages are ALREADY LEGALLY RECOGNIZED by numerous states, AND the federal capital.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Fa-Foxy wrote:
UNTRUE .. If numerous Protestant denominations, and individual churches, allow gay marriage in the church, it is unconstitutional for the government to legally recognize the marriages of one Christian denomination, while choosing not to legally recognize the marriages of another denoination, simply because some people "don't like it". Especially when those marriages are ALREADY LEGALLY RECOGNIZED by numerous states, AND the federal capital.
..... VOTE .. therein will you find your solution

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
..... VOTE .. therein will you find your solution
Constitutional RIGHTS are not subject to a majority vote. That's one of the main purposes for having a written constitution with a bill of rights.

Don't you know ANYTHING ?!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Is polgamy a constitutional right ?.. Y/N
Minority of one

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Constitutional RIGHTS are not subject to a majority vote. That's one of the main purposes for having a written constitution with a bill of rights.
Don't you know ANYTHING ?!
If that is true why is congress voting on gun control?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min One Ball Mahz 49,376
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 51 min TomInElPaso 145
Crackdown on foreign affairs 2 hr Joe 3
Election 2014: Labour's three gender options fo... 5 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 8
Virginia prepares for possibility of gay marriage 5 hr swedenforever 32
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 6 hr DNF 3,886
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr WasteWater 24,860
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••