Imam in Australia arrested for conduc...

Imam in Australia arrested for conducting child marriage: cops

There are 16 comments on the New York Daily News story from Feb 11, 2014, titled Imam in Australia arrested for conducting child marriage: cops. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

An imam in Australia was detained by cops for allegedly presiding over the marriage of a 12-year-old girl and a 26-year-old man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#1 Feb 11, 2014
This is how he uses his employment visa - to break our laws? Send him back to Pakistan - we don't need this here.
Zoobest T Erchlmeicher

Burpengary, Australia

#2 Feb 11, 2014
Indeed - send him Pakkin'

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#3 Feb 11, 2014
sairla wrote:
This is how he uses his employment visa - to break our laws? Send him back to Pakistan - we don't need this here.
He has abused everything about his presence here. The maximum jail term for his offense should be at least 12 months, so that by Law he can then be deported.

#4 Feb 11, 2014
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
He has abused everything about his presence here. The maximum jail term for his offense should be at least 12 months, so that by Law he can then be deported.
Well I hope that happens - these people who come here and bring with them their primitive and cruel mentalities, wrapped up in 'culture' need to understand this is not acceptable in Australia.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#5 Feb 11, 2014
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope that happens - these people who come here and bring with them their primitive and cruel mentalities, wrapped up in 'culture' need to understand this is not acceptable in Australia.
But that's why I mentioned it. If the linked article is correct then the maximum jail term for this offense is only 6 months.

#6 Feb 11, 2014
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's why I mentioned it. If the linked article is correct then the maximum jail term for this offense is only 6 months.
That is ridiculous, after 6 months he would be out in the community again? Any offence which carries a term of imprisonment, should give rise to an order for deportation for these extremists trying to impose their hideous culture in our country.
Ruin Mymood

Hawksburn, Australia

#7 Feb 12, 2014
Deport the garbage!
True Blue

Australia

#8 Feb 12, 2014
He should be deported anyway he is only here on an employment visa, I am sure they could get a local to do his job... Same as the 26 year old Lebanese 'husband', on an education visa, how any bloody computer it's do we need in this country, surely those skills would be top of the list in war torn Lebanon... there should be no hesitation in deporting these two... As for the father of the girl, give him a decent jail sentence.... This case will allow us to see how genuine the Government and judicial system are about stamping out visa holding criminals....
Foo

Lowood, Australia

#9 Feb 12, 2014
This is typical behaviour by these Pakistani imam characters. There is no qualification or training for these imam characters , any muslim can be one. They are uneducated , backward and primitive . This man is no kind of spritual leader , he is just a sick minded bum. Send back to Pakistan.
American

Nineveh, IN

#10 Feb 12, 2014
LOL

Toss his muzzy azz in prison with the general population and let him find out what happens to scumbags who condone child marriages.
truthbetold

Perth, Australia

#11 Feb 12, 2014
You think that was bad you should read about a saudi cleric Fayhan al-Ghamdi who raped, sodomized and burnt his own 5 year old daughter.
Just google his name and you will be surely sickened to the pits of your stomache. It will make you cry for this innocent little child and generate anger and mistrust for these alien thought patterns generated by Islam.
After reading this every chance I get I will defend vehemently the ideals of a free and progressively just western value system. At least we are on the path for improvement. These &*(^% are truly evil!!!!
Aiesha S

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Feb 17, 2014
American wrote:
LOL
Toss his muzzy azz in prison with the general population and let him find out what happens to scumbags who condone child marriages.
Now THAT is a good idea! See if his Allah will save him then.
Aiesha S

Melbourne, Australia

#13 Feb 17, 2014
Zoobest T Erchlmeicher wrote:
Indeed - send him Pakkin'
Good one. LOLOL

Let's send him packing back to Pakiland.
details1

Alfords Point, Australia

#14 Feb 20, 2014
Send him to jail, tie him up, and feed him pork rolls...
lile

Ipswich, Australia

#15 Feb 21, 2014
sairla wrote:
yes
Tom

Australia

#16 Feb 21, 2014
disgusting individual

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min Rose_NoHo 8,613
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 1 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 33
News Minister rejects 'wicked' anti-gay posters 5 hr Ebbett 1
News Muslim cleric tells Australians: 'Husbands shou... (Jan '09) 6 hr Rabbeen Al Jihad 66
News Tunisian president 'boldly' takes on Islam to a... 6 hr Rabbeen Al Jihad 2
News Elvis Is Alive and Well In Las Vegas Mon Dead and Drugged 2
News Churches threaten to dismiss staff who wed same... Mon South Knox Hombre 7
More from around the web