Washington State Sues Florist For Refusing to Serve Gay Couple

Apr 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

In a case that both sides of the marriage debate are closely following, the attorney general for Washington State has decided to sue a florist for refusing to provide flowers for a gay couple's upcoming wedding.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2013
Brian

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

"Before he got through, I grabbed his hand and said,I am sorry. I cant do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ.

So, she has a relationship with a 2000 year old dead guy. Really? What a joke. I hope she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Religion really is the scourge of this planet!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian wrote:
"Before he got through, I grabbed his hand and said,I am sorry. I cant do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ.
So, she has a relationship with a 2000 year old dead guy. Really? What a joke. I hope she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Religion really is the scourge of this planet!
If you think of it, Jesus must be spread REALLY thin amongst his followers. I mean, once you get to heaven, at best he could spend maybe one second with anyone of His flock, and then the worshiper would have to wait another million years before their time rolled around again.

What exactly DOES one do in Heaven all day?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 11, 2013
 
The crazy thing is that Jesus WOULD HAVE celebrated their wedding with them. He didn't judge and condemn like so many pretend "christians" do.

I guess when you make up the rules as you go along, you can make up any rules you want, huh?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 11, 2013
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>....What exactly DOES one do in Heaven all day?
I'll never know. At least that's what all the pretend christianists keep telling me. But then, they won't, either, so I guess we're even.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 11, 2013
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly DOES one do in Heaven all day?
Having left arthritis behind, I'm planning to play a lot of tennis, listen to Jerry Garcia sing for a while, then take my grandfather to a baseball game.
EizabethJohnson

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 11, 2013
 
Religion and State do not mix.

However, as long as I can remember the basic law of business is that a business MAY REFUSE to serve any customer. True there should be a good cause to do so.
Front Line Fighter

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Gays are tools for the purpose of driving Christianity underground. None of this is a surprise, BTW. It was all predicted a couple of thousand years ago when the Bible was written. It wasn't clear who or what the tool would be, but very clear that it would happen. It rather tickles me gays are the tools. Nothing will show which side gays are on like destroying Christians as this tiny minority dictates how society and culture will be run for everyone. It will not end well for you and may actually show why gays have had to live in the closet for almost all of history.
Front Line Fighter

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eJohn wrote:
The crazy thing is that Jesus WOULD HAVE celebrated their wedding with them. He didn't judge and condemn like so many pretend "christians" do.
I guess when you make up the rules as you go along, you can make up any rules you want, huh?
You're nuts.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

EizabethJohnson wrote:
Religion and State do not mix.
However, as long as I can remember the basic law of business is that a business MAY REFUSE to serve any customer.
You're a misinformed moron who never did and never will understand the concept under discussion here.

It's not about refusing service to any customer. It's about refusing service to all people who happen to fall within a protected group, such as race.

A racist, black business owner could not refuse service to a white customer for reasons of race.

You stupid pos.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 11, 2013
 
"My religious beliefs prevent me from serving fundamentalist wackos at my business. I'll deal with christians, but my religious beliefs forbid me from dealing with fundamentalists."
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Front Line Fighter wrote:
Gays are tools for the purpose of driving Christianity underground.
The christian majority is really the victim here, you see.

Christians aren't being driven anywhere. It's the bigoted theocrats who are finding it harder and harder to act out their theocratic bigotry.

Sniffle.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 11, 2013
 
Front Line Fighter wrote:
Gays are tools for the purpose of driving Christianity underground. None of this is a surprise, BTW. It was all predicted a couple of thousand years ago when the Bible was written. It wasn't clear who or what the tool would be, but very clear that it would happen. It rather tickles me gays are the tools. Nothing will show which side gays are on like destroying Christians as this tiny minority dictates how society and culture will be run for everyone. It will not end well for you and may actually show why gays have had to live in the closet for almost all of history.
No, you Christians are doing that job of losing interest yourselves VERY nicely, thank you. I have read that many churches have closed down due to lack of interest.

I'm glad that you get "tickled by gay tools", uh, where DO you like getting "tickled", by the way?

I'm going to Pittsburgh in about a month to visit my old auntie. Can you clue me in on some of Pittsburgh's gay bars? Thanks, you're a DOLL!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 11, 2013
 
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Having left arthritis behind, I'm planning to play a lot of tennis, listen to Jerry Garcia sing for a while, then take my grandfather to a baseball game.
I'm hoping my hair will grow back. Also, there will be new episodes of "Pee Wee's Playhouse" and every night will be Friday night, and the next day will be Saturday. Now, that would be paradise.

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 11, 2013
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>...
What exactly DOES one do in Heaven all day?
Read Mark Twain's "Letters from the Earth" for a good treatment of your question. Quite hilarious! He talks about how people generally can't stand spending one hour a week in church, singing hymns and praying and such, but relish the thought of doing the same thing for ever and ever in heaven.(Of course he does it much better than my summary.)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 11, 2013
 
qwerty26 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Mark Twain's "Letters from the Earth" for a good treatment of your question. Quite hilarious! He talks about how people generally can't stand spending one hour a week in church, singing hymns and praying and such, but relish the thought of doing the same thing for ever and ever in heaven.(Of course he does it much better than my summary.)
I will! That sounds fascinating, and fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••