Christian Preacher Rob Bell Comes Out...

Christian Preacher Rob Bell Comes Out for Marriage Equality

There are 5 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Christian Preacher Rob Bell Comes Out for Marriage Equality. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

This Sunday Rob Bell spoke at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral and openly endorsed marriage equality. Grace Cathedral is the Episcopal Cathedral of the Diocese of California. Bell was speaking to the Cathedral's Grace Forum in an appearance presented in partnership with his publisher, HarperCollins.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#1 Mar 18, 2013
What sort of christian preacher and how homophobic was he and for how long?

I'm not sure we need to measure progress by reference to the most backwards among us. They don't get any kudos at this late date.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#2 Mar 18, 2013
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup wrote:
What sort of christian preacher and how homophobic was he and for how long?
I'm not sure we need to measure progress by reference to the most backwards among us. They don't get any kudos at this late date.
The preacher, Rob Bell, is a "megachurch" pastor and bestselling Christian author. Megachurch pastors tend to not be vocal in support of LGBT rights.

I disagree with the statement regarding progress. I think it means a lot when we have those who used to speak against us now coming out in our favour. I do think though that they shouldn't expect pats on the back for finally realizing that they should actually do the right thing. Apologies and restitution for the harm they've done in the past is more in order if they want to be truly forgiven.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#3 Mar 20, 2013
It's the mushy persuadable middle that's the key to any change, not the guy who yesterday was earning his living as a professional homophobe. Which is what these fundierai$ers are...or have been...until yesterday.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Mar 20, 2013
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup wrote:
It's the mushy persuadable middle that's the key to any change, not the guy who yesterday was earning his living as a professional homophobe. Which is what these fundierai$ers are...or have been...until yesterday.
You're a bigot.

Not all Christians are homophobic. The Lutheran Church (ELCA) and the United Church of Christ are only 2 examples of denominations that allow gay and lesbian clergy and allow gay and lesbian people to marry in the church.

The Episcopal Church has been supportive of LGBT equality for a long time. And the episcopal Church is generally not characterized as a "fundie" church.

Why don't you educate yourself before displaying your prejudice and ignorance so proudly ?
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#5 Mar 20, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a bigot.
Not all Christians are homophobic.
Hey axe grinding pedo, I didn't say all are. I specifically said fundierai$ers.

You just want to proselytize for the Lutheran thing. I'm surprised anyone there will speak to you. If they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 40 min Hudson 41
News Bill seeks to bar companies from citing religio... 3 hr Hudson 103
News Gay Bermudian man reveals why he wona t be goin... 17 hr Ted Haggard s Mas... 6
News Why do white evangelicals love Trump? 18 hr Reality Speaks 40
News Same-sex Winnipeg couple won't quit fight to ha... 19 hr Gay davey 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 22 hr Tre H 18,794
News Events manager resigns from Deltona's Center Sun overit 1
More from around the web