Obama Is Now A Historic President

Nov 8, 2012 Full story: NBC Chicago 15

By winning re-election on Tuesday, Barack Obama graduated from president to historic president -- far beyond the fact of his being the first African-American to hold that office.

Full Story

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#1 Nov 8, 2012
well good for him.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Teabaggers number one priority is to make him a two term president.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 8, 2012
aa are the only community who obama doesn't have a public agenda or made any promises to.

but aa still voted for him at a higher rate than anyone else. cuz there's an implied understanding.

with their history, it's ez for aa to be cynical. but i believe this time things will get done and in a big way.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#4 Nov 8, 2012
neither him nor his running buddy would have had an agenda for blk american people.

i guess blk american peoples best benefit is seeing a blk family, once again in the "white" house.
Ray

Lincoln City, OR

#5 Nov 8, 2012
rofl. There are nothing historic about his election 4 years ago and there is nothing historic about his reelection.
TheOriginalDoby

San Francisco, CA

#6 Nov 8, 2012
dragonpat wrote:
neither him nor his running buddy would have had an agenda for blk american people.
There is no “Blk Agenda” nor should there be! There is only an AMERICAN agenda!

The good news is everyone is included in that agenda! All one need to is get the fk off their azz and go get it! Policies aimed specifically at a sliver of the population represent the same racism that we complained about for years.

"One cannot legislate from a point of race and still claim equality.”
DTD 2012

Location hidden

#7 Nov 8, 2012
TheOriginalDoby wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no “Blk Agenda” nor should there be! There is only an AMERICAN agenda!
The good news is everyone is included in that agenda! All one need to is get the fk off their azz and go get it! Policies aimed specifically at a sliver of the population represent the same racism that we complained about for years.
"One cannot legislate from a point of race and still claim equality.”
DTD 2012
developing policies that would help to reverse policies that have been so destructive to the aa community, is not racism.

c'mon bruh. the situation in the aa community needs to be dealt with: racial profiling, racist sentencing practices, financial and employment discrimination, special health care issues. you can go on for a while with this stuff.

the idea that you can't specifically address the aa community when everyone else on the planet are handled with group policies doesn't make any sense at all.

*what would be the point of voting at all if *we* can't expect anything for our vote?

no doubt aa need to get our act together, but we didn't get here by ourselves.
TheOriginalDoby

San Francisco, CA

#8 Nov 8, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
developing policies that would help to reverse policies that have been so destructive to the aa community, is not racism.
c'mon bruh. the situation in the aa community needs to be dealt with: racial profiling, racist sentencing practices, financial and employment discrimination, special health care issues. you can go on for a while with this stuff.
the idea that you can't specifically address the aa community when everyone else on the planet are handled with group policies doesn't make any sense at all.
*what would be the point of voting at all if *we* can't expect anything for our vote?
no doubt aa need to get our act together, but we didn't get here by ourselves.
I agree, however…..all that affects the AA community must be legislated from a point of equality. ALL RACES must benefit. ALL RACES must be allowed participation. It must be based on equality, or it’s no better than the policies that we fought to end.

Am I wrong?

Location hidden

#9 Nov 8, 2012
TheOriginalDoby wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, however…..all that affects the AA community must be legislated from a point of equality. ALL RACES must benefit. ALL RACES must be allowed participation. It must be based on equality, or it’s no better than the policies that we fought to end.
Am I wrong?
yes you are. group specific policies are developed all the time.

constitutionally equality concerning law and policy, only involves equals. and this is why we can have targeted laws and policies.

also if a specifc group's been damaged by law and policies, this too, can and should be corrected.
you can also allocate more resources towards the most disaffected groups.

there's nothing wrong or illegal with targeting groups, and the obama administration needs to target the aa community.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 8, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are. group specific policies are developed all the time.
constitutionally equality concerning law and policy, only involves equals. and this is why we can have targeted laws and policies.
also if a specifc group's been damaged by law and policies, this too, can and should be corrected.
you can also allocate more resources towards the most disaffected groups.
there's nothing wrong or illegal with targeting groups, and the obama administration needs to target the aa community.
My friend I'm afraid I have to disagree with you in some respects. Here's my reason. Blacks must understand that the only way to improve the laws into the go into that field to make the changes. Just as we need more black businesses to develop and create for more employment in the black community.

The policies aren't the core problem. Quite frankly, it's us. No more BS'ing. We have to create our own powerful media outlet on par with the likes of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation(Creator of FOX news).

We must build a supporting infrastructure to gain more influence. That way we can help EVERYONE. We are American plain and simple. As Americans we MUST help everyone. I do agree to an extent that policies of Obama can target cities that are predominately black but let's not forget that our great grandparents and ancestors accomplished many things when an entire country was against them.

Hard work is the key.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 8, 2012
A movie made him president. The people saw a movie and it made them elect him. Honest to God. I swear it's true. It was the movie. Really. ManBearPig agrees with me. It's the movie that made them do it. Really. I'm serial. I'm super serial.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 8, 2012
CalmResonator wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I'm afraid I have to disagree with you in some respects. Here's my reason. Blacks must understand that the only way to improve the laws into the go into that field to make the changes. Just as we need more black businesses to develop and create for more employment in the black community.
The policies aren't the core problem. Quite frankly, it's us. No more BS'ing. We have to create our own powerful media outlet on par with the likes of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation(Creator of FOX news).
We must build a supporting infrastructure to gain more influence. That way we can help EVERYONE. We are American plain and simple. As Americans we MUST help everyone. I do agree to an extent that policies of Obama can target cities that are predominately black but let's not forget that our great grandparents and ancestors accomplished many things when an entire country was against them.
Hard work is the key.
i agree, but these things aren't mutually exclusive. the government did all kinds of stuff to help push down the aa community. they can apply the resources to help push it back up.

but accountability and responsibility is the key. there's no arguing that. without a cultural change in the aa community any forward movement will only be temporary. like a beached whale being pulled out to sea, only to find its way back to the sand.

what obama can do, along with allocating resources and enforcing policies, is provide the leadership and inspiration among aa that was lost after the civil rights movement.

he doesn't have to be the president of 'black america' to do this. he just needs to care. and i think he does!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 8, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree, but these things aren't mutually exclusive. the government did all kinds of stuff to help push down the aa community. they can apply the resources to help push it back up.
but accountability and responsibility is the key. there's no arguing that. without a cultural change in the aa community any forward movement will only be temporary. like a beached whale being pulled out to sea, only to find its way back to the sand.
what obama can do, along with allocating resources and enforcing policies, is provide the leadership and inspiration among aa that was lost after the civil rights movement.
he doesn't have to be the president of 'black america' to do this. he just needs to care. and i think he does!
This is all very true. We got to make some cultural shifts. I think places like Detroit is a good start in allocating resources. The Det city government just got to get rid of the f*cking corruption.

Maybe now since Obama has some breathing space, hopefully he can give some more focus to minority groups hit the hardest from the Great Bush Recession.

We can do this man. Its been long overdue.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#19 Nov 9, 2012
But most importantly, Obama -- the first president of non-European descent

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Oba...
Obama is of European descent.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#21 Nov 9, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
But most importantly, Obama -- the first president of non-European descent
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Oba...
Obama is of European descent.
you just fked this very informative and intelligent discussion up.

thanks a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 40 min WasteWater 26,913
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min Jonah1 51,287
Poll: Support for gay marriage drops in Mich. (May '14) 1 hr WeTheSheeple 62
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 3 hr RevKen 58
Couples Who Challenged Utah's Gay Marriage Ban ... 3 hr Gremlin 1
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 4 hr Ainu 43
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr Doug Wiedeman 31,556
More from around the web