Illinois lawmakers vote to allow gay marriages

Nov 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northern Michigan News

Historic votes Tuesday in the Illinois Legislature positioned that state to become the largest in the heartland to legalize gay marriage, following months of arduous lobbying efforts by both sides in President Barack Obama's home state.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Congrats Illinois on joining the equality club.

Up next- Hawaii & New Mexico.

“Times are changing!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

And, one by one!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

All you dumb bigots out there.....can you spell VICTORY???????
Akim Von Sigurd

Maring-noviand, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

your country is speeding to hell on the fast track!

God does not approve of homosexuality.

What do your tens of million of Muslims think about this?
Or are they also being converted to this degrading lifestyle?
the losers

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The Loser politicians begging for votes found time to vote vote so a handful of gays could get married, but could not get the time or courage to deal with thousands of pensioners problems. Pathetic.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Akim Von Sigurd wrote:
.......
What do your tens of million of Muslims think about this?
Or are they also being converted to this degrading lifestyle?
Soooo, we are under Sharia law?

Don't worry, treating gay people with respect has never turned a person gay. It's not possible, as sexual orientation is innate.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the losers wrote:
The Loser politicians begging for votes found time to vote vote so a handful of gays could get married, but could not get the time or courage to deal with thousands of pensioners problems. Pathetic.
Many of those pensioners are gay, so perhaps your polititions are doing things one step at a time.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 6, 2013
 
Not that equal rights aren't important, but Illinois' BILLION DOLLAR PENSION problem will adversely affect EVERYONE IN ILLINOIS.

The state tax increase went up to 5% a while back and still is unable to fix Illinois financial woes.

It would have been more prudent of the Illinois Legislature to solve the DESTRUCTIVE financial problem first and then vote and pass gay marriage in Illinois.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eleanor wrote:
Not that equal rights aren't important, but Illinois' BILLION DOLLAR PENSION problem will adversely affect EVERYONE IN ILLINOIS.
The state tax increase went up to 5% a while back and still is unable to fix Illinois financial woes.
It would have been more prudent of the Illinois Legislature to solve the DESTRUCTIVE financial problem first and then vote and pass gay marriage in Illinois.
Certainly no reason they couldn't have done BOTH.

Why do you people keep electing politicians who are unable to multi-task?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Liking the good news for my first day back on the site in months :D
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly no reason they couldn't have done BOTH.
Why do you people keep electing politicians who are unable to multi-task?
What can I say?

Illinois is a DEMOCRAT state, not much hope for political multi-tasking OR financial responsibility.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Eleanor wrote:
Not that equal rights aren't important, but Illinois' BILLION DOLLAR PENSION problem will adversely affect EVERYONE IN ILLINOIS.
The state tax increase went up to 5% a while back and still is unable to fix Illinois financial woes.
It would have been more prudent of the Illinois Legislature to solve the DESTRUCTIVE financial problem first and then vote and pass gay marriage in Illinois.
Well, now you won't lose all your marriage industry business to us here in MN, so that will help...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eleanor wrote:
Not that equal rights aren't important, but Illinois' BILLION DOLLAR PENSION problem will adversely affect EVERYONE IN ILLINOIS.
The state tax increase went up to 5% a while back and still is unable to fix Illinois financial woes.
It would have been more prudent of the Illinois Legislature to solve the DESTRUCTIVE financial problem first and then vote and pass gay marriage in Illinois.
are you saying that basic human rights are less important than your fiscal matters?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying that basic human rights are less important than your fiscal matters?
You'd think that it'd be a pretty simple and easy thing to give people their basic rights.
Though it seems that it's pretty difficult for the morally void such as Eleanor.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying that basic human rights are less important than your fiscal matters?
Human rights are important AND fiscal matters are important.

However, when the finacial clock is running and lack of fiscal decisions cost taxpayer money EVERY DAY that no decision is made, the citizens are better served to FIRST have fiscal matters resolved.

It would have been nice to legalize marijuana too, but hopefully that will happen ONLY AFTER the state financial CRISIS is solved for Illinois.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 6, 2013
 
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights are important AND fiscal matters are important.
However, when the finacial clock is running and lack of fiscal decisions cost taxpayer money EVERY DAY that no decision is made, the citizens are better served to FIRST have fiscal matters resolved.
It would have been nice to legalize marijuana too, but hopefully that will happen ONLY AFTER the state financial CRISIS is solved for Illinois.
Being gay shouldn't matter. But it does to people like you and "sheeple". She's a HYP-O-CRITE that votes with Dems while espousing everything else the teabaggers stand for.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights are important AND fiscal matters are important.
However, when the finacial clock is running and lack of fiscal decisions cost taxpayer money EVERY DAY that no decision is made, the citizens are better served to FIRST have fiscal matters resolved.
It would have been nice to legalize marijuana too, but hopefully that will happen ONLY AFTER the state financial CRISIS is solved for Illinois.
Marriage is a fiscal matter as well.

But it's all water under the bridge since they're done with the marriage bill.

Now they can focus all their time on pension reform.

GO!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 6, 2013
 
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights are important AND fiscal matters are important.
However, when the finacial clock is running and lack of fiscal decisions cost taxpayer money EVERY DAY that no decision is made, the citizens are better served to FIRST have fiscal matters resolved.
It would have been nice to legalize marijuana too, but hopefully that will happen ONLY AFTER the state financial CRISIS is solved for Illinois.
so yes, you do put your fellow citizens basic human rights before your own pocketbook...good to know.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Being gay shouldn't matter. But it does to people like you and "sheeple". She's a HYP-O-CRITE that votes with Dems while espousing everything else the teabaggers stand for.
You are so messed up in your thinking, you have no clue!!

Hint #1: Just because a state is Democrat doesn't mean EVERYBODY in the state votes Democratic.

Hint #2: Unlike you, I don't believe that 'being gay shouldn't matter'. Being gay DOES matter and it matters just as much as being straight. Being able to love and marry the person one loves is an important civil rights matter.

Hint #3: Using the word 'teabagger' to lump one's entire political position shows that you are a narrow minded, non-independent thinker.

Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so yes, you do put your fellow citizens basic human rights before your own pocketbook...good to know.
Yes, it is a civil right for EVERYONE not to be financially screwed by their government.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••