CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16410 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#17669 Aug 16, 2014
Address the fascist as a fascist. Labeling someone a fascist and properly supporting the claim in a reasoned and forceful way will make the fascist look stupid. Then you need to express why fascism is a disastrous political ideology and how it closely resembles its political enemies, such as communism.

Location hidden

#17670 Aug 16, 2014
Fascism is a major political ideology which was dominant in the 20th century and remains in practice today. The most famous examples of fascism are the Nazi regime in Germany of Adolf Hitler and the Italian regime of Benito Mussolini. Its impact on history and the present make it important to know the definition of fascism and recognize it.

See if there is denial of civil rights. In fascist regimes, civil rights are often ignored or not adhered to. The people under the leadership of the fascist leader are persuaded to allow drastic reductions of civil rights for the good of the state.

Location hidden

#17671 Aug 16, 2014
Look for signs that religion and government are strongly linked. Fascist regimes use religion as a propaganda tool to influence citizens and gain their admiration.
Take note of any suppression of free expression. Part of the definition of fascism is the government's need to control the thoughts and actions of the citizens. To achieve this, fascist regimes will limit freedom of expression by disallowing the arts and free speech. High levels of education are also sometimes discouraged or eliminated.

Location hidden

#17672 Aug 16, 2014
Fascism is a political ideology that places the interests of individual citizens behind the interests of the state. This form of nationalism was employed by Nazi Germany and Italy under Benito Mussolini and was a main cause for World War II. Because fascism has played a large role in world history and remains in practice today, it is important kids learn lessons about what fascism is.

Location hidden

#17673 Aug 16, 2014
Instructions
Provide them a basic definition of fascism. Tell them fascism is a way of thinking in which leaders of governments try to take away the rights of citizens in order to gain control over them.
Tell them some common rights taken away can include the freedoms of speech, expression and religion. Explain to them these rights are important because they help give everyone a say in the way their government works and let them do whatever they want as long as they do not harm others.
Explain the use of propaganda which is often associated with fascism. Tell them propaganda is giving large groups of people incorrect information in order to make them behave a certain way. Tell the kids fascist leaders use this propaganda to make people believe losing their rights is in the interest of the entire group.
Teach the kids about World War II. Explain to them that Adolf Hitler used Fascism to gain control of Germany and become a dictator, that another leader, Benito Mussonlini, did the same thing in Italy and many people believe Japan also used fascism. Tell them the United States and other countries fought the war to save people in those countries and the rest of the world from fascism.
Incorporate discussion about the world today in the lesson. Tell them while no countries currently use fascism quite like Germany, Italy and Japan used to, some leaders around the world still want to use fascism.
Have them read the Bill of Rights. Go over the rights with them and ask them if they can point out some of the ways the Bill of Rights protects the United States from fascism. In the lesson, explain how important it is to watch out for any violation of these basic rights to avoid fascism in the future.

Location hidden

#17674 Aug 16, 2014
June 4, 2013
Fascism In America
By Richard Winchester

When fascism comes to America, what will it look (and feel) like?

Very much like what we have now, because a version of fascism is already here.

I am not the first to worry about the prospect of fascism in America. In 1935, for example, Sinclair Lewis published It Can't Happen Here, which is a fictional account of a fascist take-over of the country. In 2008, Joe Conason published It Can Happen Here. The book's subtitle, Authoritarian Peril in the Age of Bush, tells all we need to know.

Others have also breached the topic, but these works suffice. Lewis' and Conason's tomes ought to caution against too readily concluding that fascism could happen here. Nevertheless, there are grounds for concern.

Fascism is associated with Hitler's brutal dictatorship in Germany between 1933 and 1945, or Mussolini's milder version in Italy between 1922 and 1943, Franco's in Spain between 1936 and 1975, or a host of lesser-known personalities in various countries at different times.

Fascism is a totalitarian political system, in which an all-powerful central government directs a nation's economy. Virtually no aspect of society is independent of the state, which is a one-party regime, dominated by an omniscient leader. Although heavily influenced by populistic themes, fascist ideology is at once anti-democratic and collectivist.

At first blush, the American variety of fascism is different. For one thing, the traditional institutions associated with government in the United States are still in place. Sadly, however, the primary principles of American governance -- especially limited government, federalism, individual liberty, personal responsibility, and so on -- have been severely compromised.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/fascis...

Location hidden

#17675 Aug 16, 2014
"The next step in a fascist government is the combination under an energetic leader of a number of men who possess more than the average share of leisure, brutality, and stupidity. The next step is to fascinate fools and muzzle the intelligent, by emotional excitement on the one hand and terrorism on the other."

Bertrand Russell
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17676 Aug 16, 2014
Zionism is global fascism.
As I investigate further into the media hype/hysteria I keep seeing this show up with Neo Conservatism and Neo Nazis.
I see too many things showing a general pattern of behavior on a scalar level.(same system of measure or observable pattern at any magnification)
Everything political or media keeps coming back to Israel and Palestine
which tells me even this is a ruse to distract us from the real issues of Human rights and the true intentions and philosophical justifications of the people whom we trust most to uphold our best of intentions.
What are the true intentions of the gov/media/corp/military/indust rial leaders of the world?
Who exactly are these people and what have they consistently done throughout the last 50 years for world peace and human rights?
WHAT DO YOU SEE going on right now?
ARE YOU liking this?
Do you really feel like a care-free kid who knows everything's gonna be O.K.?
Do YOU?
I've been to visit with the darkness and it authorizes this message or I HONEST to GOD would NOT be writing this.../\
.......yikes.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17677 Aug 16, 2014
It's O.K. Folks,
that darkness or whatever it is IS NOT the enemy or out to harm the innocent or in any other way inflict random terror or harm upon the innocent and the conscientious.
It is, however a serious impediment and hazard to safety and well being for the angry, the abusive and the truly sadistic and perverted.
Don't believe Me? you don't have to.
I've seen it operate several times at high precision and perfect timing WITHOUT INTENTIONAL OR PREMEDITATED human intervention and without prior health defect of the truly deserving of its "effect".
Believe it or not this may be a natural form of gravity or an effect
thereof. TO BE SURE, it is MOST APPARENTLY conscious and responsive and can be observed if you keep a timed journal of your daily events. You should start to detect certain recurring coincidences that have recurring context, names, numbers, Etc. So Be Good and try to enjoy the light of day.
NOTE: The angrier your general disposition, the less you will be able to observe the above described effect as it actually seems to hide the timing and circumstance/coincidence phenomenon.
I guess something vastly conscious could sort of shadow ban someone from being able to detect one of its visible effects as it operates throughout all of our perceivable universe and physical environment.
In fact, because it literally forms itself of our perceivable reality, while still allowing for freedom of choice and our3rd dimensional vantage point to observe it from.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#17678 Aug 16, 2014
I don't tell "the gays" what to do, and you sure as hell don't either.

Actually, yes, you are compelled to obey what you consider an unjust law. You also have a right to challenge said law in the court. You don't get to disregard laws you don't like.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell the gays if they don't like a business to go to the gay owned one down the street.
No one is obligated to obey an unjust law. Only Nazi's think people should obey unjust laws.
Me liking or not liking a law is not what makes it good or bad. Only a defective person thinks like that cpeter and you are even more defective than lides.

Indianapolis

#17679 Aug 16, 2014
They're not lies, and your infantile denial of reality isn't going to work.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating your lies will not change them into truth.

Indianapolis

#17680 Aug 16, 2014
Because what's more nazi-like than promoting equality, right?

I don't care about Bill Maher. You really think anti-discrimination laws will be repealed? Not likely.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your vision for America is forcing your vision down all our throats just like the Muslims and the Christians do. If you don't like how the baker runs his bakery then go to the gay owned one down the street. You Gay Nazi's are a pathetic evil and while it might appear that you are winning certain things it is all going to backfire. If Bill Maher is talking about the Gay Nazi's your days of being able to force us to do things are coming to an end.

Indianapolis

#17681 Aug 16, 2014
The law in question was passed in CO, moron. Since the majority of people believe in such laws, they will remain. There are over 200 other countries you can move to if you don't like it.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your fellow scumbags in Washington being able to force a baker to bake gay wedding cakes or go out of business has nothing to do with religion.
The Christian religion also tells its followers to sell everything they own and give the money to the poor, name one Christian who gives a shit what the Bible says.

Indianapolis

#17682 Aug 16, 2014
Yes, tithe to your prophet! Rid the temple of those blasphemers who worship not as you do. The Brillo-headed one will show us the way!

So throw your parents' money away to this loser. Who cares?
Reverend Alan wrote:
RANDPAC
Dear Alan,
Thank you for supporting my efforts to bring Constitutional values to Washington.
I would like to take a second to tell you about RandPAC.
RandPAC isn't your run-of-the-mill political action committee. We have a two-pronged plan of attack to advance the conservative movement:
1. RandPAC pressures members of Congress with TV ads, emails, phone calls, faxes, and petitions to oppose big government power grabs and to uphold the Constitution.
2. And if any member of Congress sells out to the big-government establishment, RandPAC will work to flush them out of office by recruiting, endorsing, and promoting candidates who are committed conservatives.
RandPAC will only endorse candidates who will fight for limited government, free markets, and the right to life. You have my word on this.
And despite being new on the scene, RandPAC has already had great success!
In 2012, RandPAC-endorsed candidates like Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky, and Rep. Kerry Bentivolio of Michigan defeated big-spending establishment incumbents all across the country.
Our legislative priorities are gaining steam being backed by our constitutional coalition in Congress that grows larger with each election cycle.
RandPAC has led the fights to repeal Obamacare, protect our Constitutional rights, and save our wallets from tax hikes and ill-advised foreign aid.
And over the next few days, you will receive emails detailing the battles RandPAC has fought and will continue to fight.
Your support for RandPAC is crucial in these fights because it is YOUR voice that matters on these issues.
RandPAC is leading the fight for conservative values in Washington, but we canít do it without your help.
So please chip in $50,$25, or whatever you can afford to help RandPAC expand our conservative coalition and fight for our values in Washington.
I sincerely thank you for all that you do.
In Liberty,
Senator Rand Paul

Indianapolis

#17683 Aug 16, 2014
And you were wrong then, too.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted before that the anti-discrimination laws are unconstitutional.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#17684 Aug 16, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, prove it

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#17685 Aug 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
You have often made that assertion, but you have never attempted to substantiate it as being valid or factual.

Do you really expect me to place much faith in the rantings of a lunatic who goes completely unhinge ranting about fascism because the government treats everyone, including that you disapprove of, equally under the law?

You are a lunatic and a troll, Alan. You are incapable of producing a rational argument, even if you were interested in doing so.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#17686 Aug 17, 2014
Libertarians believe employers have an interest in making business decisions without government interference. To libertarians, freedom of association means employers can pick any trait for discrimination and employees have the right to work for anyone who can pay their wages. In that sense, anti-discrimination laws are unconstitutional.

Free the baker!!!!!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#17687 Aug 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Libertarians believe employers have an interest in making business decisions without government interference.
What you propose is in no way libertarian.You seek for the employer to be able to subvert the freedom of the employees by being able to assert the religious beliefs of the employer over and above the free exercise, free speech, and free will of the employee.
You are arguing for slavery.
Brian_G wrote:
To libertarians, freedom of association means employers can pick any trait for discrimination and employees have the right to work for anyone who can pay their wages.
So long as they are utterly subservient to the will of the employer, essentially forfeiting their personal freedom.

This isn't libertarian, it is idiotic, and unamerican.
Brian_G wrote:
In that sense, anti-discrimination laws are unconstitutional.
Brian, what damages do the employer have if an employee decides to seek medical services that the employer does not approve of? Exactly how does this in any way impact the employer's rights?
Employing your spurious logic, the employer has the right to determine what goods an employee may purchase with their earnings, lest they buy something that offends the employers religious views. Perhaps they should also get approval for where they will live and what religions are acceptable, in their employers eyes, to exercise.

You see, Brian, you are arguing against freedom. Your ideas are in no way libertarian.
Brian_G wrote:
Free the baker!!!!!
He was never jailed, you twit.
You will find it difficult to free a person who was never imprisoned.

Indianapolis

#17688 Aug 17, 2014
Then libertarians have no idea what "free association" means in the constitution.
Brian_G wrote:
Libertarians believe employers have an interest in making business decisions without government interference. To libertarians, freedom of association means employers can pick any trait for discrimination and employees have the right to work for anyone who can pay their wages. In that sense, anti-discrimination laws are unconstitutional.
Free the baker!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 15 hr Latter Day Taints 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 15 hr cpeter1313 6,807
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... 15 hr Cordwainer Trout 1
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... Fri nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes Thu The Troll Stopper 4
News Bar patrons keep drinking during armed robbery Thu cantread 3
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Thu Prince 31,998
More from around the web