CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16419 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#16790 Jul 15, 2014
No, why would I? BTW--I saw this when it came to Indy in the early 80's.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Word Is Out intercuts interviews with 26 very diverse people, who speak about their experiences as gay men and lesbians. The interviewees in this seminal, 1977, film documenting the lives of real Gay people, range in age from 18 to 77, in location from San Francisco to New Mexico to Boston, in type from bee-hived housewife to student to conservative businessman to sultry drag queen, and in race from Caucasian to Hispanic, African-American, and Asian. Writer Elsa Gidlow, professor Sally Gearhart, inventor John Burnside, civil rights leader Harry Hay, and avant-garde filmmaker Nathaniel Dorsky are among the interviewees.
The interviewees describe their experiences of coming out; falling in and out of love; and struggling against prejudice, stereotypes, and discriminatory laws. The6re filmmaker Rob Epstein, producer and director, known for The Celluloid Closet (1995), Howl (2010) and The Times of Harvey Milk (1984).
The film be shown in a large screen, projection format. In addition to the original film, 30 years-on interviews will be included.
This event is free, but attendees are encouraged to bring movie snacks or drinks to share. Attendees will be notified of the location of this screening.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AHMYSuUr_f8XX
I was invited to this, were you comrade peter?

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#16791 Jul 16, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so magical about .08? I am a pretty big beefy guy and my cousin has a friend we call "Scronald" because he is extremely skinny and his name is Ron. I could down three beers and drive fine, however if Scronalds drank one beer he would be about 50% alcohol and a menace on the highway.
Another problem is how expensive it is for the state to kill someone what will all the automatic appeals and etc etc etc.
What we need are smart cars that can determine if you are impaired or not. Perhaps voice recognition technology that recognizes slurred speech, or breath-alizers built into the steering wheel.
You would have us endanger our lives with drunk drivers who haven't been caught yet. I do not want to even let them on the road to begin with. And we should never give a drunk driver a second chance. They knew it was wrong the first time, why do they deserve a second chance? If you are stopped for drunk driving you should NEVER be able to drive legally ever again for the rest of your life. Then if an unlicensed driver, previously convicted, should get stopped driving drunk and illegally with out a liscense because or previous drunk driving conviction, then I would agree with you the death penalty is called for.
50%, why you're dead. At least post something that's believable.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#16793 Jul 16, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
It seems to be a Christian thing that words do not mean what they mean. Like when Jesus says to hate your parents, Christians claim Jesus meant love your parents less. Jesus must be a complete idiot if he can't say what he really means. If he meant love less he would not have said hate. You really are bat-shit crazy.
Hate evil, sure; Christianity teaches us to hate and fight against evil. But not hate homosexuals, communists, atheists or anybody else not directly advocating our own violent ends.

It's a Christian thing to hate Hamas because their charter calls for the destruction of Israel and genocide. That doesn't mean we hate Palestinians, we don't. We just noticed who the aggressors are, again.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#16794 Jul 16, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the Nazi, you Nazi pig! Forcing bakers to bake your cakes. You are exactly the kind of person who put Hitler in to power. And you are too stupid to go to the gay owned bakery instead you go to a bigot bakery JUST TO CAUSE TROUBLE, ON PURPOSE.
I am not a far righter so no not a Nazi...

You racist bigoted piles off trash are old and dying out. Soon when your dead and gone FREEDOM AND EQUALITY wil rule and DISCRIMINATION will be dead with you old Nazi hitler lovers.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#16795 Jul 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hate evil, sure; Christianity teaches us to hate and fight against evil. But not hate homosexuals, communists, atheists or anybody else not directly advocating our own violent ends.
It's a Christian thing to hate Hamas because their charter calls for the destruction of Israel and genocide. That doesn't mean we hate Palestinians, we don't. We just noticed who the aggressors are, again.
Most of the evil I see is coming from you Christians Nazi thugs.

Israhell is the aggressor and had Israel never been created after WW2 we would not have this mess today.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16796 Jul 16, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
A publisher isn't a client, idiot. It's an employer. You never have to accept a job you don't want.
<quoted text>
That is out of the context of what I said. And it is completely stupid.

Location hidden

#16797 Jul 16, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>50%, why you're dead. At least post something that's believable.
Last time a gay guy told me that everything under 12 inches was small I told him pretty much the same thing Miss Size Queen. Then I told him to leave my property and never return.

I can't wait to see how you twist and turn that into something I didn't say.

Location hidden

#16798 Jul 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hate evil, sure; Christianity teaches us to hate and fight against evil..
"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"(Amos 3:6)

I see, so Christianity teaches you to fight against the Lord. I get it.

Location hidden

#16799 Jul 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hate evil, sure; Christianity teaches us to hate and fight against evil. But not hate homosexuals, communists, atheists or anybody else not directly advocating our own violent ends.
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone: your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple."

So Jesus does not teach Christianity?

Location hidden

#16800 Jul 16, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a far righter so no not a Nazi...
You racist bigoted piles off trash are old and dying out. Soon when your dead and gone FREEDOM AND EQUALITY wil rule and DISCRIMINATION will be dead with you old Nazi hitler lovers.
Freedom and equality are opposites. If you were not a complete moron, and had an education past the 3rd grade, you would know that. Anyone who calls me a "racist bigoted pile of trash" is someone who does not pay attention, and I have no tolerance for illiterate uneducated trolls who can't pay attention. But please keep saying I am a racist and a bigot, it really shows people who know the truth what a truly stupid person you are.

You and stupid gays like yourself do more harm to the gay community that some bigot like Fred Phelps who actually ends up helping the gay community. It is too bad that you see reality backwards and are constantly making a complete fool of yourself. The other gays in here, while often intolerant bigots at least have educations where they can read and write and understand what is going on, which is why they are so against me, they understand what I am saying.

All you understand is gay good straight bad.[thanks Frankie, that's a good one].

Location hidden

#16801 Jul 16, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the evil I see is coming from you Christians Nazi thugs.
Israhell is the aggressor and had Israel never been created after WW2 we would not have this mess today.
That is because you do not see yourself. If you could see yourself you would see that you are one of the most insulting, intolerant and bigoted of all topix posters. Considering you are in a race with the likes of comrade peter, Poop1 and X-rated it is no surprise you are out in front by a land slide. And the winning intolerant, stupid bigot is: cancersuxs!

Indianapolis

#16803 Jul 16, 2014
I can't help it if you don't know what you are talking about.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is out of the context of what I said. And it is completely stupid.

Indianapolis

#16804 Jul 16, 2014
"... I have no tolerance for illiterate uneducated trolls who can't pay attention."

Your self-loathing must be epic in scope.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom and equality are opposites. If you were not a complete moron, and had an education past the 3rd grade, you would know that. Anyone who calls me a "racist bigoted pile of trash" is someone who does not pay attention, and I have no tolerance for illiterate uneducated trolls who can't pay attention. But please keep saying I am a racist and a bigot, it really shows people who know the truth what a truly stupid person you are.
You and stupid gays like yourself do more harm to the gay community that some bigot like Fred Phelps who actually ends up helping the gay community. It is too bad that you see reality backwards and are constantly making a complete fool of yourself. The other gays in here, while often intolerant bigots at least have educations where they can read and write and understand what is going on, which is why they are so against me, they understand what I am saying.
All you understand is gay good straight bad.[thanks Frankie, that's a good one].
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#16805 Jul 16, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
"... I have no tolerance for illiterate uneducated trolls who can't pay attention."
Your self-loathing must be epic in scope.
<quoted text>
Get a real argument someday Squeaky.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#16806 Jul 16, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I can't help it if you don't know what you are talking about.
<quoted text>
That's only because you have no argument. If you had an argument you were trying to make, you'd make it.

Location hidden

#16807 Jul 16, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only because you have no argument. If you had an argument you were trying to make, you'd make it.
Exactly, he can't refute what I say so he postures and engages in petty bickering, the sure sign of a loser! There is no point in bothering to deal with his unfounded accusations.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#16809 Jul 16, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
...All you understand is gay good straight bad.[thanks Frankie, that's a good one].
We can sum every peanut gallery post up with that. When I am baffled by what some malcontent jackass is trying to tell me I just remember. Gay good! Straight bad! And it all makes sense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#16810 Jul 16, 2014
The prohibition of polygamy and SSM is an illegal state-involvement in the personal liberties of the individual.

So is this cake deal. I just called and asked a painter to come and look at my decks gimme an estimate. Good marine paint. He said he doesn't want to. I didn't call Obama! I got another painter. He's starting soon. Happy happy.

Location hidden

#16811 Jul 16, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We can sum every peanut gallery post up with that. When I am baffled by what some malcontent jackass is trying to tell me I just remember. Gay good! Straight bad! And it all makes sense.
There is more than one of those posting here in topix. Completely dishonest and about the only thing one can do is to stop answering them. I have done it before using my BS Filter.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#16812 Jul 16, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more than one of those posting here in topix. Completely dishonest and about the only thing one can do is to stop answering them. I have done it before using my BS Filter.
Yeah. That's why lying is the most despicable way to "win" an argument. It really sucks for honest people. Unfair advantage but that's the point.

My argument is simple and eloquent- The prohibition of polygamy and SSM is an illegal state involvement in the personal liberties of the individual. I get hate for it here. Just because polygamy is included. Some marriage equality eh? More of the same except with LGBT included. That's not marriage equality.

If I didn't include polygamy in that statement, I'd get heaped in praise. But I do so I get hate. Proves my point.

Ah good times! And they're often good times.

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point,'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”

&#8213; Kurt Vonnegut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News With clerk jailed, gay Kentucky couple gets mar... 4 min Ol Kentuckin 6
News Mike Huckabee says Hillary Clinton should go to... 15 min Lawrence Wolf 60
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 16 min DebraE 395
News Modigliani nude masterpiece could bring $100M a... 40 min MaltaModigliani 4
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 48 min Prep-for-Dep 1,304
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 36
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr RevKen 34,851
More from around the web