CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16410 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#16222 Jul 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Good point. But that doesn't prove that Democrats are worse than the Republicans but that they are just as bad. They are both equally corrupt. Let us not forget that Nixon was impeached and Obama hasn't been yet. And Nixon is responsible for thousands of American deaths because he was a little spoiled brat cry baby who didn't want to be the first president to lose a war. Nixon stepped up the War on Drugs to punish his political enemies and that makes him less than dog shit in my mind.
I love how they go to any length to defend Obama, and Obama rules by blaming the political establishment and claiming to have nothing to do with the last six years of the drug war.

Reverend Alan wrote:
People who smoked pot with Clinton are coming forward and saying he inhaled, George Bush was an alcoholic drug snorting parasite, and Obama admits he was a pot head. All of our last four Presidents have been incompetent and destructive to America, being drug addicts and then when in office put people who did what they did in prison.
Do you think all recovering addicts are "incompetent and destructive"?

Reverend Alan wrote:
Only insane people believe in Government as God.
We have a Constitution to limit government's power.

Reverend Alan wrote:
You may say you are a Christian believing in BibleGod, and others here claim to be Atheists, but you all have the same God and that God is government. Government is your God. 3439
I've never said I am a Christian but one thing I do know:
[EXODUS] 20 And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.
Freedom from government's illegitimate use of force against the individual is commemorated by the 10 Commandments.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16223 Jul 7, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I love how they go to any length to defend Obama, and Obama rules by blaming the political establishment and claiming to have nothing to do with the last six years of the drug war.
Facts are facts and our liberal atheists do exactly what the Christians do when it comes to the Bible and the behavior of those who claim to be Christians, and that is they promote what they like and ignore what makes them embarrassed.

You will never hear any of them admit that our President smoked pot like there was no tomorrow and now today, puts black kids in prison just like all the white racists before him.

Who will point the finger at Obama and say shame shame shame? None of our resident liberal wannabe atheists. They are NOT atheists, they love and worship their God, Government and they hate being told this fact.

Location hidden

#16224 Jul 7, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think all recovering addicts are "incompetent and destructive"?.
I think most everyone running for public office is a hypocrite as well as incompetent and destructive. Anyone who is willing to accept the facts would draw the same conclusion. Only those who go with their feelings instead of their intellectual abilities refuse to accept the reality of the behavior of our elected politicians. Once they vote for someone, they can do not wrong.

If someone they vote for is against gay marriage, that's OK and they'll defend them and explain why they are against marriage like that makes it OK to be against gay marriage.

Location hidden

#16225 Jul 7, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We have a Constitution to limit government's power.
Our Constitution states what Government is limited in doing. But criminals and con-artists get elected, do you think they give a shit about a piece of paper that says they can't do something?

The Constitution does not allow for government to make life fair and equal for us all, yet because people have been indoctrinated to believe that Government is God, and magical, and with special powers, they want government to make all our lives all better and therefor they falsely conclude that the Constitution mandates congress to at least try to make life fair and equal. But it is never fair and equal. The baker doesn't think the government made things fair and equal, he sees he is being forced to do something he considers wrong. And commie gays are thrilled he is being forced to do something he considers wrong. For the government to make life fair and equal someone has to give up some of their freedom and liberty. In this case the gays think it is good they get fair and equal but the baker hate having his freedom and liberty taken away from him. The gay answer to this is he went into business which answers nothing and is like a Get Out Of Jail Free card not to deal with the facts. I have no respect for those who refuse to deal with the facts.

Location hidden

#16226 Jul 7, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom from government's illegitimate use of force against the individual is commemorated by the 10 Commandments.
How so?

Location hidden

#16227 Jul 7, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never said I am a Christian but one thing I do know:
You didn't have to say.

Location hidden

#16228 Jul 7, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text> You'd have sore face and a sore ass and then be out of cheeks. You can continue to accept bigotry against yourself if you want. I won't. PERIOD!
You refuse to accept bigotry yet you dish it out.

Location hidden

#16229 Jul 7, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always comforting to know that people like you conceive kids who are Gay or lesbian. Pity the child but it serves you right.
Bigots deserve gay children as punishment and you find that comforting! That is amazing. Simply amazing.

Location hidden

#16231 Jul 7, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they can force this baker to either follow the law or suffer the economic AND legal consequences.
Fires happen all the time; you aren't really naïve enough to believe they're all "accidental"?
How many times have you mentioned burning someone's property to the ground in this thread?

Location hidden

#16232 Jul 7, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is preventing the bigot baker from practicing his religion.
And same-sex couples can marry in 17 states now, with more to come.
What the baker is being preventing from doing is exercising his rights of association. You are demanding he associate with people he does not want to associate with.

Location hidden

#16233 Jul 7, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's more fun to prosecute the bigots instead.
You do get some kind of sick evil enjoyment out of causing other people problems don't you. The Baker didn't cause anyone a problem, he just wanted to be left alone, he didn't belong to the Westboro Baptist Church or anything like that. He doesn't believe men should marry one another and you take delight in harming him because he isn't waving the rainbow flag. I had almost forgot why I dislike you so much. Anyone who takes pleasure in the suffering of others is morally bankrupt and despicable.

Location hidden

#16234 Jul 7, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't buy a cake from him. I'd just sue him and put him out of business, as this couple is doing.
I see, put every one who disagrees with you out of business.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#16235 Jul 7, 2014
Which presidential power allows Obama to overturn all drug laws, given that most are STATE laws?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are facts and our liberal atheists do exactly what the Christians do when it comes to the Bible and the behavior of those who claim to be Christians, and that is they promote what they like and ignore what makes them embarrassed.
You will never hear any of them admit that our President smoked pot like there was no tomorrow and now today, puts black kids in prison just like all the white racists before him.
Who will point the finger at Obama and say shame shame shame? None of our resident liberal wannabe atheists. They are NOT atheists, they love and worship their God, Government and they hate being told this fact.

Indianapolis

#16236 Jul 7, 2014
Why don't you STFU about the constitution until you've actually read it?

YOU don't deal with facts; you live in a bubble of unreality, floating in a thick serum of sovereign citizen delusions and the stench of your own narcissism.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Constitution states what Government is limited in doing. But criminals and con-artists get elected, do you think they give a shit about a piece of paper that says they can't do something?
The Constitution does not allow for government to make life fair and equal for us all, yet because people have been indoctrinated to believe that Government is God, and magical, and with special powers, they want government to make all our lives all better and therefor they falsely conclude that the Constitution mandates congress to at least try to make life fair and equal. But it is never fair and equal. The baker doesn't think the government made things fair and equal, he sees he is being forced to do something he considers wrong. And commie gays are thrilled he is being forced to do something he considers wrong. For the government to make life fair and equal someone has to give up some of their freedom and liberty. In this case the gays think it is good they get fair and equal but the baker hate having his freedom and liberty taken away from him. The gay answer to this is he went into business which answers nothing and is like a Get Out Of Jail Free card not to deal with the facts. I have no respect for those who refuse to deal with the facts.

Indianapolis

#16237 Jul 7, 2014
Not even he was stupid enough to argue that. If you want to limit who can enter your business, you make it a private club. You cannot pick and choose your customers otherwise.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What the baker is being preventing from doing is exercising his rights of association. You are demanding he associate with people he does not want to associate with.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16238 Jul 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not even he was stupid enough to argue that. If you want to limit who can enter your business, you make it a private club. You cannot pick and choose your customers otherwise.
<quoted text>
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16239 Jul 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do get some kind of sick evil enjoyment out of causing other people problems don't you. The Baker didn't cause anyone a problem, he just wanted to be left alone, he didn't belong to the Westboro Baptist Church or anything like that. He doesn't believe men should marry one another and you take delight in harming him because he isn't waving the rainbow flag. I had almost forgot why I dislike you so much. Anyone who takes pleasure in the suffering of others is morally bankrupt and despicable.
The only thing more pathetic than a sore loser is a sore winner like Sheeple.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#16240 Jul 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is a liar eh?
No. Just you and Rev Anal.

But feel free to show the posts. Yeah.... like that will happen....
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#16241 Jul 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that explanation of "greater" protection of the law coming? Still waiting for it....
::::::::::crickets chirping::::::::::
You seem to be the ONLY fool on the planet that hasn't yet grasped that 3 is greater than two.

But it's your abject stupidity that keeps us laughing.

How many "a man and a woman" marriage laws have been overturned now? 20?

How many states have therefore legalized polygamy? ZERO.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#16243 Jul 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The baker does NOT have the right to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.

I'm sorry that you can't understand that simple fact, but I'm sure it is the least of your problems, given your lack of education and brain power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's victory has unleashed a wave of same-se... 46 min Holy Guacamole 10
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 56 min Rose_NoHo 4,983
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 11 hr Mohsen 261
News Rev. Long was at Cedar Springs Baptist Church i... (Sep '10) 13 hr sad 6
News Residents irritated by Journey guitarist's SF w... (Dec '13) 19 hr Fred 2
News 7 Weird But Real Jobs Wed wichita-rick 9
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? Wed True Christian wi... 1
More from around the web