CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16410 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8102 Mar 20, 2014
""""" To wit:
Should a homosexual baker be forced to make a “God Hates Fags” cake for Westboro Baptist Church, simply because its members claim to be Christian?
Should a black printer be forced to develop and print thousands of “White Power!” flyers for a skinhead rally just because the potential customer is white?
Should a Christian florist be compelled to create and provide black floral arrangements to a customer for her upcoming Satanist ritual?
Should a progressive environmentalist sign-maker be required to design and manufacture “Global Warming Is a Farce” signs for a tea party rally?
Should a Muslim photographer, commissioned by San Francisco’s “Folsom Street Fair,” be forced to document that event – rife with nudity and public sex – simply because the customers identify as gay?
Should a “gay married” lesbian hotel owner – a card-carrying member of GLAAD – be required, under threat of incarceration, to host and cater a fundraiser for the “National Organization for Marriage,” a group that opposes “marriage equality”?
If you said no to any of the above, and you opposed Arizona’s vetoed SB1062, then you’re logically inconsistent."" """

Location hidden

#8103 Mar 20, 2014
We need a law prohibiting straight men from saying no to the sexual advances of gay men. Gay people get their feelings hurt when straight men say no to their sexual advances and the Government exists to end discrimination against gays so it is logically consistent to extend the anti discrimination laws to prohibit straight men from saying no to any sexual demands made on them by gays. We must bring an end to gay people being offended in any way.

Location hidden

#8104 Mar 20, 2014
""""" The story is actually two years old, but it couldn’t be more timely.
New Mexico Gov. Suana Martinez believes that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman. Gov. Martinez also needs haircuts.
But two years ago, her hair stylist, Antonio Darden, said that he would refuse to cut the Governor’s hair as long as she continues to support the natural and historical understanding of marriage.
According to Darden,“It’s just equality, dignity for everyone. Everybody should be allowed the right to be together.”
Why is it that you know about the florists, photographers, and bakeries who didn’t want to be part of same-sex weddings but you don’t know about the stylist who refused to cut the Governor’s hair?
Instead of filing a lawsuit, Gov. Martinez simply found someone else to cut her hair.
Hopefully, all the gay hairstylists will defend the rights of photographers, florists, and bakeries not to bake cakes for their same-sex “wedding”, otherwise they might one day find themselves being forced to cut the Governor of New Mexico’s hair.
Fair is fair."""" "

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8105 Mar 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Are anti-discrimination laws unconstitutional?
64% Say Yes
36% Say No
http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-anti-discr...
It doesn't matter what your little unscientific "poll" says, buttercup, these laws have withstood every single constitutional challenge. I hope this does it for you, hon, because I'm going back to ignoring your badly informed nonsense.

Location hidden

#8106 Mar 20, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter what your little unscientific "poll" says, buttercup, these laws have withstood every single constitutional challenge. I hope this does it for you, hon, because I'm going back to ignoring your badly informed nonsense.
64% Say Yes
36% Say No
Dan

United States

#8107 Mar 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
""""" To wit:
Should a homosexual baker be forced to make a “God Hates Fags” cake for Westboro Baptist Church, simply because its members claim to be Christian?
Should a black printer be forced to develop and print thousands of “White Power!” flyers for a skinhead rally just because the potential customer is white?
Should a Christian florist be compelled to create and provide black floral arrangements to a customer for her upcoming Satanist ritual?
Should a progressive environmentalist sign-maker be required to design and manufacture “Global Warming Is a Farce” signs for a tea party rally?
Should a Muslim photographer, commissioned by San Francisco’s “Folsom Street Fair,” be forced to document that event – rife with nudity and public sex – simply because the customers identify as gay?
Should a “gay married” lesbian hotel owner – a card-carrying member of GLAAD – be required, under threat of incarceration, to host and cater a fundraiser for the “National Organization for Marriage,” a group that opposes “marriage equality”?
If you said no to any of the above, and you opposed Arizona’s vetoed SB1062, then you’re logically inconsistent."" """
Fred Phelps, founder of WBC just died. Today, I think.

Someone could actually put this to the test.

Order flowers from a gay florist for the funeral, a gay caterer for whatever luncheon they serve afterward, etc.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#8108 Mar 20, 2014
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
They tolerate it not the same as favor by any means. If they favored it they would be doing the same sex thing which they are not.
Yes before you queers started cryig the will of the people met something and it still does.
What ya gonna do when this next election returns the presidency abd the senate to conservatives and we just reverse the damage you squeeky 2% have done
Bye you gender confused same sexers. After the elections you will be forced by law to stay in your home in the closet or be stoned.
You really think so, eh? Strange world you live in, better you than me.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#8109 Mar 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
""""" To wit:
Then it's a good thing I said yes to all the above.

If I own a business, I don't care what people do with my products. In today's world of ordering online, I can make money without ever personally meeting my customers. If a person wants to buy a cake (for instance) I do not ask them what for, I ask them what flavor they wish and what kind of decorations. Then I quote price and if they are willing to pay, business is concluded. Period.

What is it that confuses you about the difference between business and religion? You can always try the dictionary.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#8110 Mar 20, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Order flowers from a gay florist for the funeral, a gay caterer for whatever luncheon they serve afterward, etc.
I'm sending a fruit basket;0)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#8111 Mar 21, 2014
Sorry, but that sovereign citizen crap doesn't fly. You are subject to the law until such time as it is repealed or is overturned in court.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. And I do not obey unconstitutional laws. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Indianapolis

#8112 Mar 21, 2014
No, it's your ignorance and limited capacity to understand that makes this difficult for you.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as consistent as are Diane Fienstein and party girl Nancy Pelosi. When you can use the Constitution to protect your rights you are all for it, but when you can get an unconstitutional law forcing people to bake cakes passed then screw the Constitution. With your level of dishonesty it is pointless to discuss anything with you. You make normal conversation IMPOSSIBLE!

Indianapolis

#8113 Mar 21, 2014
This is why you have such problems understanding the issue. This has fu**-all to do with the baker and everything to do with the business...a separate legal entity, and one that cannot have a religion. Religion IS relevant...the baker made it relevant by using it as his defense.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't understand any of this do you. If I explain it will you pay attention and read my answer, then try and understand it before you start arguing again?
The US Constitution forbids the Government from passing certain laws. The Government went ahead and passed certain laws because most people aren't very smart and they knew they could get away with it under the disguise of making life fair.
This has NOTHING to do with the bakers religion, it only has to do with his right to discriminate being infringed. Who cares why he wanted to discriminate it is irrelevant. Do you know what the word irrelevant means?
The Baker, under the Constitution [which government has voided] can discriminate against anyone for any reason. I know you don't like it but that is because you do not understand the difference between freedom and the tyranny of the majority.
Now, this is all apples and oranges. What a church does has nothing to do with what our Constitution allows and stops the government from doing. You might as well ask why it is OK to spit on the street in New York but not to go topless in California. One has nothing to do with the other. Some religions allow women into the clergy other do not. The Constitution says Government must stay out of this, just like the government must stay out of the religious beliefs of the baker.
Your "thinking" is confused and muddled and you assume too many things that are just not true. The baker is free do discriminate exactly like the church is free to discriminate. You are confused and do not understand and you write with such generalities as to make normal conversation impossible.
Your questions "nail" nothing, they are stupid questions having nothing to do with one another and it is unfortunate you can't see this.

Indianapolis

#8114 Mar 21, 2014
Approving of equal rights doesn't change you orientation, moron. The GOP doesn't have a viable presidential candidate, and the more teabaggers who keep spouting garbage, the more democrats will get elected. BTW...what they would have to do would be to overrule the court decision, and that's not happening.

You can't pass laws against people. idiot, and we're not staying in the closet anymore. So suck it.
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
They tolerate it not the same as favor by any means. If they favored it they would be doing the same sex thing which they are not.
Yes before you queers started cryig the will of the people met something and it still does.
What ya gonna do when this next election returns the presidency abd the senate to conservatives and we just reverse the damage you squeeky 2% have done
Bye you gender confused same sexers. After the elections you will be forced by law to stay in your home in the closet or be stoned.

Indianapolis

#8115 Mar 21, 2014
Gee, a-hole, most of the judges who have ruled in favor of SSM are conservatives.
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas got an immediate stay and we will defeat this liberal same sex judge believe me we will laugh last pervert.
Remember a conservative judge can just reverse this crazy perversion
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#8116 Mar 21, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not having one baked for you isn't a civil rights violation.
People have the right to freedom of religious practice. People also have the right to contract for goods and services, but it's a two-way agreement.
People should not be forced by law into entering into contracts.
Very soon, I'm afraid, there will be "discrimination" suits based on perceived "discrimination" if the service provided is inferior vs. simply refused.
i.e. "the baker was christian, I knopw they are christian, and they made a crappy wedding cake on purpose"
Refusing to serve a customer on the basis of their sexual orientation IS a violation of Colorado law. You can try to worm your way around it by playing semantics games if you like. It changes nothing.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#8117 Mar 21, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
64% Say Yes
36% Say No
So you've adopted KiMerde's tactics, eh? Repeat bullshit often enough and it magically becomes true.

Constitutionality of a law is not determined by popular vote. It's determined by SCOTUS.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#8118 Mar 21, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
Constitutionality of a law is not determined by popular vote. It's determined by SCOTUS.
In fact:
"One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/...

Location hidden

#8119 Mar 21, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a genius! I'll do that. I'll call a gay florist and ask them to send flowers with a cute little card that says GOD HATES FAGS on it.

I already tried to order t-shirts with GOD HATES FAGS on it and the gay owner refused to serve me even thought he is a public business and lost his right to refuse service when he opened his business [according to all the liberals gays in here].

And then there is that gay hair stylist who refuses to style republicans hair. As a gay man, speaking for the gay community he is celebrated for refusing to provide service while a Christian is condemned for doing the same exact thing.

I remember the good old days when it was the religious who were the intolerant bigots and not the gays.

Having their double standards exposed really pisses them off.

cpeter1313 told me if I didn't like how gays ran their bars to stay out of them and in the same breath he said the baker did something wrong for wanting to run his bakery the way he wated to run it.

And then they get upset when I call their behavior inconsistent.

Location hidden

#8120 Mar 21, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's a good thing I said yes to all the above.
If I own a business, I don't care what people do with my products. In today's world of ordering online, I can make money without ever personally meeting my customers. If a person wants to buy a cake (for instance) I do not ask them what for, I ask them what flavor they wish and what kind of decorations. Then I quote price and if they are willing to pay, business is concluded. Period.
What is it that confuses you about the difference between business and religion? You can always try the dictionary.
What is it that confuses you about the difference between a democracy and a republic? You can always try google. Here let me help.

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic

It is important to keep in mind the difference between a Democracy and a Republic, as dissimilar forms of government. Understanding the difference is essential to comprehension of the fundamentals involved. It should be noted, in passing, that use of the word Democracy as meaning merely the popular type of government--that is, featuring genuinely free elections by the people periodically--is not helpful in discussing, as here, the difference between alternative and dissimilar forms of a popular government: a Democracy versus a Republic. This double meaning of Democracy--a popular-type government in general, as well as a specific form of popular government--needs to be made clear in any discussion, or writing, regarding this subject, for the sake of sound understanding.

These two forms of government: Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority; as we shall now see.

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIde...

Location hidden

#8121 Mar 21, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sending a fruit basket;0)

You are the gay owner of a business? Then you would have no problem sending that fruit basket to the funeral of Fred Phelps if some anti-gay, pew warming bigot should order it? You are not being clear about this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Gay cake' appeal decided 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 29
News Landlord Caught Having Sex In Tenants's Bed 13 hr Parden Pard 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Fri patrol 4,677
News 'Sausage Party': Orgy Of Upset From French Cath... Fri Newt G s Next Wife 1
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Thu hatem 245
News Man who was shot dead by police after 'running ... Dec 1 Ben Ghazi 1
News Utah denies it has anti-gay school laws Dec 1 Toby Stoner 4
More from around the web