CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

Dec 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gateway Pundit

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Comments (Page 368)

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of15,935
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Baking a cake is NOT a religious practice.
Then why don't you stick your head in an oven?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

http://libertycrier.com/it-cant-happen-here/
This video is for all those who imagine that there is some sort of magic that renders the United States immune to the tyranny that has plagued every other major empire in history.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you stick your head in an oven?
Oh look! Yet another well reasoned argument from our resident anarchist. How exciting.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas got an immediate stay and we will defeat this liberal same sex judge believe me we will laugh last pervert.
Remember a conservative judge can just reverse this crazy perversion
You have no clue how any of this works, do you? No wonder you're always surprised when you lose.
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Baking a cake is NOT a religious practice.
Not having one baked for you isn't a civil rights violation.
People have the right to freedom of religious practice. People also have the right to contract for goods and services, but it's a two-way agreement.
People should not be forced by law into entering into contracts.
Very soon, I'm afraid, there will be "discrimination" suits based on perceived "discrimination" if the service provided is inferior vs. simply refused.
i.e. "the baker was christian, I knopw they are christian, and they made a crappy wedding cake on purpose"

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Dan wrote:
The Judge who heard the facts of the case disagrees with you on that.
Dan wrote:
People have the right to freedom of religious practice.
Yes they do, but it doesn't give them the right to violate the law.
Dan wrote:
People also have the right to contract for goods and services, but it's a two-way agreement.
Uh-huh.
Dan wrote:
You are more than 50 years late on that thought.
Dan wrote:
Very soon, I'm afraid, there will be "discrimination" suits based on perceived "discrimination" if the service provided is inferior vs. simply refused.
Which is why we have a judicial system to hear the evidence.
Dan wrote:
i.e. "the baker was christian, I knopw they are christian, and they made a crappy wedding cake on purpose"
Which again is why we have courts.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue how any of this works, do you? No wonder you're always surprised when you lose.
pot/kettle

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People have the right to freedom of religious practice. People also have the right to contract for goods and services, but it's a two-way agreement.
You can't reason with X-Breath. I know you are trying to help him, but he is convinced that Bakers should sacrifice their rights so that gays can celebrate theirs. He is thrilled that he can flaunt his power to force people who don't like him to do things for him. He refuses to acknowledge that that turns them into people who hate him. That is just all roses roses for him because he believes that what has happened to all, previous super powers can't happen in the United States. The poor boy is divorced from reality and hasn't a care in the world about the harm he brings to humanity.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Which again is why we have courts.
Why do we have authoritarians who are communist apologists Rick? What purpose do you serve exactly?

""""Yes, anti-discrimination laws are unconstitutional
The Constitution exists to protect your right to be free, your right to pursue happiness. Your freedom and happiness are not contingent upon whether or not someone else agrees with you or whether or not some one likes you. You freedom is yours, if you do not like something then you're free to do something else. You're free to support someone else or any business you choose. If your not happy, then you're free to do something about it. Change jobs, start your own business, move to another place, be around like minded people. The Constitution does not state or even suggest that life is fair and that everyone is the same. The 14th amendment has to due with equal treatment under the law, it does not mean make laws to force people to treat others equally. For example, there is a law against murder. The fourteenth amendment protects people by making it illegal for one person to receive a harsher sentence than another simply because they are of a different race, color, creed, etc... The fourteenth amendment does not protect people against discrimination by another individual. Plain and simple. Freedom and happiness are yours and yours alone. The government has no right to force anyone to treat anyone else a certain way because then the government has taken away your right to freedom and your right to pursue happiness. Anti-discrimination Laws infringe on an individuals freedom to choose whom to associate with, whom to do business with etc. Therefore Anti-discrimination Laws are Unconstitutional. """

Are anti-discrimination laws unconstitutional?
64% Say Yes
36% Say No
http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-anti-discr...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

""""" To wit:
Should a homosexual baker be forced to make a “God Hates Fags” cake for Westboro Baptist Church, simply because its members claim to be Christian?
Should a black printer be forced to develop and print thousands of “White Power!” flyers for a skinhead rally just because the potential customer is white?
Should a Christian florist be compelled to create and provide black floral arrangements to a customer for her upcoming Satanist ritual?
Should a progressive environmentalist sign-maker be required to design and manufacture “Global Warming Is a Farce” signs for a tea party rally?
Should a Muslim photographer, commissioned by San Francisco’s “Folsom Street Fair,” be forced to document that event – rife with nudity and public sex – simply because the customers identify as gay?
Should a “gay married” lesbian hotel owner – a card-carrying member of GLAAD – be required, under threat of incarceration, to host and cater a fundraiser for the “National Organization for Marriage,” a group that opposes “marriage equality”?
If you said no to any of the above, and you opposed Arizona’s vetoed SB1062, then you’re logically inconsistent."" """

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

We need a law prohibiting straight men from saying no to the sexual advances of gay men. Gay people get their feelings hurt when straight men say no to their sexual advances and the Government exists to end discrimination against gays so it is logically consistent to extend the anti discrimination laws to prohibit straight men from saying no to any sexual demands made on them by gays. We must bring an end to gay people being offended in any way.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

""""" The story is actually two years old, but it couldn’t be more timely.
New Mexico Gov. Suana Martinez believes that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman. Gov. Martinez also needs haircuts.
But two years ago, her hair stylist, Antonio Darden, said that he would refuse to cut the Governor’s hair as long as she continues to support the natural and historical understanding of marriage.
According to Darden,“It’s just equality, dignity for everyone. Everybody should be allowed the right to be together.”
Why is it that you know about the florists, photographers, and bakeries who didn’t want to be part of same-sex weddings but you don’t know about the stylist who refused to cut the Governor’s hair?
Instead of filing a lawsuit, Gov. Martinez simply found someone else to cut her hair.
Hopefully, all the gay hairstylists will defend the rights of photographers, florists, and bakeries not to bake cakes for their same-sex “wedding”, otherwise they might one day find themselves being forced to cut the Governor of New Mexico’s hair.
Fair is fair."""" "

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
64% Say Yes
36% Say No
It doesn't matter what your little unscientific "poll" says, buttercup, these laws have withstood every single constitutional challenge. I hope this does it for you, hon, because I'm going back to ignoring your badly informed nonsense.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter what your little unscientific "poll" says, buttercup, these laws have withstood every single constitutional challenge. I hope this does it for you, hon, because I'm going back to ignoring your badly informed nonsense.
64% Say Yes
36% Say No
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
""""" To wit:
Should a homosexual baker be forced to make a “God Hates Fags” cake for Westboro Baptist Church, simply because its members claim to be Christian?
Should a black printer be forced to develop and print thousands of “White Power!” flyers for a skinhead rally just because the potential customer is white?
Should a Christian florist be compelled to create and provide black floral arrangements to a customer for her upcoming Satanist ritual?
Should a progressive environmentalist sign-maker be required to design and manufacture “Global Warming Is a Farce” signs for a tea party rally?
Should a Muslim photographer, commissioned by San Francisco’s “Folsom Street Fair,” be forced to document that event – rife with nudity and public sex – simply because the customers identify as gay?
Should a “gay married” lesbian hotel owner – a card-carrying member of GLAAD – be required, under threat of incarceration, to host and cater a fundraiser for the “National Organization for Marriage,” a group that opposes “marriage equality”?
If you said no to any of the above, and you opposed Arizona’s vetoed SB1062, then you’re logically inconsistent."" """
Fred Phelps, founder of WBC just died. Today, I think.

Someone could actually put this to the test.

Order flowers from a gay florist for the funeral, a gay caterer for whatever luncheon they serve afterward, etc.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
They tolerate it not the same as favor by any means. If they favored it they would be doing the same sex thing which they are not.
Yes before you queers started cryig the will of the people met something and it still does.
What ya gonna do when this next election returns the presidency abd the senate to conservatives and we just reverse the damage you squeeky 2% have done
Bye you gender confused same sexers. After the elections you will be forced by law to stay in your home in the closet or be stoned.
You really think so, eh? Strange world you live in, better you than me.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
""""" To wit:
Then it's a good thing I said yes to all the above.

If I own a business, I don't care what people do with my products. In today's world of ordering online, I can make money without ever personally meeting my customers. If a person wants to buy a cake (for instance) I do not ask them what for, I ask them what flavor they wish and what kind of decorations. Then I quote price and if they are willing to pay, business is concluded. Period.

What is it that confuses you about the difference between business and religion? You can always try the dictionary.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred Phelps, founder of WBC just died. Today, I think.
Someone could actually put this to the test.
Order flowers from a gay florist for the funeral, a gay caterer for whatever luncheon they serve afterward, etc.
I'm sending a fruit basket;0)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Sorry, but that sovereign citizen crap doesn't fly. You are subject to the law until such time as it is repealed or is overturned in court.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. And I do not obey unconstitutional laws. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

No, it's your ignorance and limited capacity to understand that makes this difficult for you.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as consistent as are Diane Fienstein and party girl Nancy Pelosi. When you can use the Constitution to protect your rights you are all for it, but when you can get an unconstitutional law forcing people to bake cakes passed then screw the Constitution. With your level of dishonesty it is pointless to discuss anything with you. You make normal conversation IMPOSSIBLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of15,935
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••